The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch-Bute official fight thread

+45
All Time Great
Rodney
Josiah Maiestas
J.Benson II
Mr Bounce
EdWoodjr
Duty281
azania
88Chris05
Super D Boon
Knowsit17
Valero's Conscience
BoxingFan88
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Commander
bhb001
Inventing Johnson Klute
KC
Good Golly I'm Olly
rodders
djlovesyou
trottb
Steffan
The Galveston Giant
zx1234
Mad for Chelsea
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Imperial Ghosty
TechInept
Marky
paperbag_puncher
alanqlm
RANDY77
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
as1079
KingMonkey
TheMackemMawler
lfc91
Union Cane
compelling and rich
Seanusarrilius
John Bloody Wayne
sweet_pea
Sugar Floyd Louis
49 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Froch-Bute official fight thread - Page 4 Empty Froch-Bute official fight thread

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun May 27, 2012 12:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Less than an hour to go...

Common sense tells me Bute has got this but I just have a funny feeling it may be Froch's night!!!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Froch-Bute official fight thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Froch-Bute official fight thread

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 2:00 am

I am so proud of Froch. I said Froch KO, I just felt he could get to this guy. And my oh my did he. Hearn was stupid jumping in the ring though, even if it was confusing

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Froch-Bute official fight thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Froch-Bute official fight thread

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun May 27, 2012 2:01 am

Oh here we go Barry plugging SKY on no here comes big ears.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:02 am

Hmm im mixed here. When Wales beat England in the 6 Nations (and went on to win the Grand Slam) all you pro-English/anti-Welsh were very bitter so I guess why should I leave. Maybe il stay hey. Il do a poll prehaps Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 2:03 am

Steffan wrote:Hmm im mixed here. When Wales beat England in the 6 Nations (and wernt on to win the Grand Slam) all you pro-English/anti-Welsh were very bitter so I guess why should I leave. Maybe il stay hey. Il do a poll prehaps Smile

Steffan. Just ignore it. This thread is a celebration of an amazing performace. Come on man, dont spoil it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun May 27, 2012 2:04 am

You're not going to leave, let's be honest. Don't make a scene.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun May 27, 2012 2:04 am

Racheal go away

please.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun May 27, 2012 2:05 am

Can I just say I thought that referee was dreadful. What was he doing at the end of the fight? Everyone in that building could see that Bute was on dream street and he still wanted to do a count. Thank god Bute's corner did the right thing, because I dunno what the ref was up to!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun May 27, 2012 2:05 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Racheal go away

please.

Erm I want her to stay on my screen for as long as possible.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun May 27, 2012 2:06 am

Barry needs to calm down with the nut-hugging a bit.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:06 am

djlovesyou wrote:You're not going to leave, let's be honest. Don't make a scene.
Il try not to laughing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun May 27, 2012 2:07 am

ollyrules wrote:Can I just say I thought that referee was dreadful. What was he doing at the end of the fight? Everyone in that building could see that Bute was on dream street and he still wanted to do a count. Thank god Bute's corner did the right thing, because I dunno what the ref was up to!

He messed up there but I think he done well before-hand, as someone else pointed out if it was a British ref this fight would've been stopped prematurely.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Sun May 27, 2012 2:07 am

Much respect to THE COBRA
Must admit I thought Bute would be too fast for him but Carl negated his speed & proved that Bute's chin or ability to slip a punch ain't all that.
Wouldn't blame him for taking the rematch [for a payday] then maybe go after Kessler, then rematch Ward [?].
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun May 27, 2012 2:08 am

Working in morning - off to bed - might have to crack a couple off to get rid of thr the adreno haha good night all

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:08 am

Nah Froch did well didnt he. Bute showed he aint all that as well mind but rematch against Kessler I think for the Cobra

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 2:08 am

Haaaaaaaaaaaalleluuuuujaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallelujaaaaaaaaaaah

Yahoo

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun May 27, 2012 2:09 am

Steffan join us on the rugby boards mate so I can give you a slaggin there.... Hug guinness ..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun May 27, 2012 2:11 am

Me too, I'm off. Massive props to Froch. My respect increases a lot for a fighter who surprises me!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun May 27, 2012 2:12 am

Froch needs to fight Kessler next then Ward.

REVENGE!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:12 am

rodders wrote:Steffan join us on the rugby boards mate so I can give you a slaggin there.... Hug guinness ..... Whistle
I spend more time arguing with Welsh rugby fans that anyone else on there so there aint much 'slaggin' to go on between me and you mate Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:13 am

Froch Kessler 2 is on the cards fellas so fair do Froch has earned it (can be humble at times)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun May 27, 2012 2:15 am

yup, Froch-Kessler the next fight surely (knowing that Froch is unlikely to take the easy option). Probably in Nottingham since Froch holds the belt now. Should be a cracker Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 am

Steffan wrote:Froch Kessler 2 is on the cards fellas so fair do Froch has earned it (can be humble at times)

Agreed mate

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:19 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:yup, Froch-Kessler the next fight surely (knowing that Froch is unlikely to take the easy option). Probably in Nottingham since Froch holds the belt now. Should be a cracker Very Happy
Mad thing is though that Froch showed a level of aggresion tonight that he hasnt showed before. If he did thatr against Ward he still would have lost but not so emphatically. Froch Kessler 2 will be a good one I gotta admit OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Inventing Johnson Klute Sun May 27, 2012 2:21 am

Got to admit that I fancied Bute's speed and class to be too much for Carl, however, it was a great performance from Froch and he nailed his game plan too a tee.

Chuffed to bits he proved me wrong though!

Inventing Johnson Klute

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun May 27, 2012 2:22 am

Why would he take it easy, he has been taking tough fights for years so won't stop now. He is 34 so doesn't have loads of fights leg tin him so strike while the iron is hot. The only people I wouldn't give him a chance with is ward and maybe Dawson in the super middle and light heavyweight divisions

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Sun May 27, 2012 2:22 am

I'm tempted to step in the ring with Froch myself. God knows he deserves an easy fight!

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sun May 27, 2012 2:22 am

Can't wait to see what that plum Scott Gilfoid off boxingnews24 has to say about the fight... seems to do nothing but rip every british fighter to bits. Looking forward to see what possible criticism he comes up with for Froch now.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sun May 27, 2012 2:23 am

Superb. I had Bute down to win by UD. Never been so happy to be proven wrong. Next time, I'll go with my heart!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Sun May 27, 2012 2:23 am

Nice words by Bute's trainer OK

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:25 am

as1079 wrote:I'm tempted to step in the ring with Froch myself. God knows he deserves an easy fight!
Id do it for £50 Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun May 27, 2012 2:25 am

Quality by the Cobra. Demolished Bute and prove his doubters wrong. Me included, I thought it would be a come from behind tight points victory. Spanked Bute from round 1. I can think of two Welshman that won't be happy tonight Laugh

I think Calzaghe will be having doubts of his own legacy now!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 2:25 am

Andre Ward missed a trick not taking Bute cos he would have dominated him too. But now all the props are Froch's now because he is a warrior

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:26 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Quality by the Cobra. Demolished Bute and prove his doubters wrong. Me included, I thought it would be a come from behind tight points victory. Spanked Bute from round 1. I can think of two Welshman that won't be happy tonight Laugh

I think Calzaghe will be having doubts of his own legacy now!
And just when I was trying to be humble...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 2:30 am

For what it's worth I'd bet my mortgage on a prime Calzaghe waxing a prime Froch.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun May 27, 2012 2:30 am

Boxing is a funny old game.

Froch labours to win against Johnson yet Bute totally outclasses Johnson. When the 2 meet Froch destroys Bute.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun May 27, 2012 2:31 am

Oh yeah

As much as I can't stand Calslaps I think he beats Froch.

Too much mobility from Calslaps

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:32 am

FreekShow wrote:For what it's worth I'd bet my mortgage on a prime Calzaghe waxing a prime Froch.
Party starts at mine in 5 minutes OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:33 am

alma wrote:in all seriousness froch's legacy puts stay at home Joe to shame. On tonights performance I'm even starting to doubt calzaghe would beat him.
Whats Wales ever done to you?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun May 27, 2012 2:35 am

We all know Froch has options now but where can Bute go from here?

He may be hoping Ward, Froch, Kessler move up to light heavy because the man has been seriously found out tonight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 2:35 am

Steffan wrote:
FreekShow wrote:For what it's worth I'd bet my mortgage on a prime Calzaghe waxing a prime Froch.

The party started on October 1st 1993 Steffan. Where you been?

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Sun May 27, 2012 2:36 am

Is it true that when Khan was on camera some people were chanting racist/hate abuse?

Incidentally, Khan had all great stuff to say about Froch!

Last edited by Commander on Sun May 27, 2012 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun May 27, 2012 2:36 am

alma wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Oh yeah

As much as I can't stand Calslaps I think he beats Froch.

Too much mobility from Calslaps

I thought the same about bute until tonight!

The difference is Calzaghe loved a war. Clearly Bute did not.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:37 am

FreekShow wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Drinking mate Bubbly

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 2:40 am

Steffan wrote:
alma wrote:in all seriousness froch's legacy puts stay at home Joe to shame. On tonights performance I'm even starting to doubt calzaghe would beat him.

Gave me the best holidays of my life.

Barry Island 1985,86,87,88,89,1990 (twice, my Dad worked alot of overtime that year) 91,92,93,94 and then I left school and the rest is history. Them majestic blue coats knew a move or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 2:42 am

Steffan wrote:
FreekShow wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Drinking mate Bubbly

Good man. Life is an hallucination sober. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:43 am

FreekShow wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Barry Island 1985,86,87,88,89,1990 (twice, my Dad worked alot of overtime that year) 91,92,93,94 and then I left school and the rest is history. Them majestic blue coats knew a move or two.
No offense but I live about 20 minutes away from Barry and even us humble Welsh folk look down on English types who choose Barry Island as a holiday. Nice beach mind Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 2:43 am

Ok, I am knackered from adrenalin surges. That was sublime. My fav UK fighter giving it like that in one of the cities I used to frequent. Insane!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 am

Steffan wrote:
FreekShow wrote:
Steffan wrote:

No offense but I live about 20 minutes away from Barry and even us humble Welsh folk look down on English types who choose Barry Island as a holiday. Nice beach mind Very Happy

Well in that case blame the parents. I had my first snog on the steps of yellow camp and she was a right pig but she got my juices flowing. Memories eh...

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 am

That was an unbelievable performance from Froch, no one expected him to blow out Bute so easily.

When I was rewatching the Ward fight I noticed that Froch was able to bully Ward in the later rounds when he got tired, Ward would move away and Froch would follow him. I though Froch would do the same to Bute when he got tired and force the stoppage late. However Froch was just able to charge forward and pound him.

Never did I think that was going to happen, that was absolutely incredible.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:Ok, I am knackered from adrenalin surges. That was sublime. My fav UK fighter giving it like that in one of the cities I used to frequent. Insane!
So if Clev ever decides to fight someone decent you gonna support him then?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next