The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment".

+28
AlastairW
yappysnap
HammerofThunor
emack2
blackcanelion
Pot Hale
Smirnoffpriest
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Taffineastbourne
Barney McGrew did it
gregortree
Bullsbok
Toadfish
TycroesOsprey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
FerN
aucklandlaurie
kiakahaaotearoa
Comfort
LordDowlais
munkian
mystiroakey
HERSH
disneychilly
RubyGuby
Biltong
gowales
anotherworldofpain
32 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment". Empty Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment".

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed May 23, 2012 7:48 am

For world's second best team Wallabies, they describing potential lost to Wales would be embarrassment according to Australian newspaper (I putting the link beneath).

What do colleague posters think about it? My mind is a bit unfair although Australia #2 87.99 and Wales #5 83.32 so because home games Australia by ranking should win by more than 1 try each game. But also compare both teams make the semi-final RWC so maybe can be a bit more closer even though "Aussies" one the last 4 matchings including important world cup playoff and not lost for five years.

"CONCERNS that the Wallabies may suffer an embarrassment similar to losing to Samoa last season and Scotland in 2009 have convinced Test selectors to force key players to back up three times in one week when the international series starts next month.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/call-of-duty-for-ambushed-wallabies-20120521-1z192.html#ixzz1vflO7DZv
"

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment". Empty Re: Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment".

Post by gowales Wed May 23, 2012 7:57 am

I think you're reading into it a bit too much.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment". Empty Re: Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment".

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 8:00 am

Well firstly the ranking points mean absolutely nothing. The Aussies are starting to play their famous game of "psyche the opponent through media"

They tend to be very good at that, just look at how they psyched Bruce Lawrence into doing nothing at the RWC.

It was embarressing for them to lose to Samoa, doubt it will be embarressing to lose to Wales, perhaps more infuriating .
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 am

If you take out the choice of words by this particular journo, who is particularly arrogant from my recollection. It just sounds like OZ are not going to rest their players against Scotland like previously planned because they have so many injuries that they need their team to have a run out

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 am

biltongbek wrote:Well firstly the ranking points mean absolutely nothing. The Aussies are starting to play their famous game of "psyche the opponent through media"

They tend to be very good at that, just look at how they psyched Bruce Lawrence into doing nothing at the RWC.

It was embarressing for them to lose to Samoa, doubt it will be embarressing to lose to Wales, perhaps more infuriating .

Deep breathing excercise please Mr biltonguebek. I reading a lot of the posts you are making consider Bruce Lawrence and is look a bit like some kind of obsessive. If you start making the legend about Australia control the pscyhe then will only be making the other fans more nervous about play them.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 8:21 am

Me obsessive?

no mate, Bruce is my dearest friend. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 am

Sounds more like they want to give both scotland and wales the utmost respect, because if they don't, and play 'embarressingly' poorly like they did against Samoa and Scotland, they'll blow it and start the year with questions being asked. Deans is already under pressure, he doesn't want to add to it by taking any team lightly.

Losing to any tier one team is not really embarressing, perhaps the manner in which you do, can be.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 am

Yeah losing to Wales will be an embarassment - that is a gaff of the old Gatland proportions - I'm sure the welsh players will enjoy seeing that. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed May 23, 2012 9:21 am

LOL Biltong you're still so bitter you still call him Bruce instead of Bryce. I actually know some naughty words in Afrikaans you'd like to call him. Think you're just as bitter as us post 07, if not more!

Losing to Samoa is more of an embarrassment than losing to Wales. Fortunately my team hasn't lost to either in my lifetime!

Best example of media manipulation was Campo before the 91 final. Having beaten the 2nd best team there in the semi, he goaded the 3rd best into playing an unfamiliar game and grabbed the spoils.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 am

I remember the day we lost to Wales (yeah, even though it is now a distant memory), I was never so angry in my life (apart of course when bruce, well...).

We had a perfect record against wales, it was actually a good game, but nevertheless, I was very, very angry.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed May 23, 2012 9:41 am

We'll be embarrassed losing to any of the home nations mate no matter how good the game is. I'm with you there mate. It's not about the quality of the side it's more being bitter about not doing justice to the players who brought that record about.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 9:52 am

Absolutely, it is unacceptable to be the team that breaks the proud tradition of having a perfect record.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 23, 2012 9:59 am

biltongbek wrote:Absolutely, it is unacceptable to be the team that breaks the proud tradition of having a perfect record.

Have to disagree totally with that. I have a feeling this welsh side is going to break a proud record that the likes of Gareth Cooper et al worked so hard for to preserve thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 am

How dare they say such a thing. mad
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 10:03 am

RubyGuby wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Absolutely, it is unacceptable to be the team that breaks the proud tradition of having a perfect record.

Have to disagree totally with that. I have a feeling this welsh side is going to break a proud record that the likes of Gareth Cooper et al worked so hard for to preserve thumbsup

ruby, there are two sides to a record mate, I am all for improving on a record. thumbsup Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 23, 2012 10:05 am

What's that coming over the hill it's GEORGE NORTH, GEORGE NORTH!!!! Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 10:06 am

RubyGuby wrote:What's that coming over the hill it's GEORGE NORTH, GEORGE NORTH!!!! Yahoo

So you're still on about that, eh? Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 am

I know you love it Bilt thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 am

Halfpenny’s been banging on about wanting respect from SH teams, the easiest way to get that is to beat them on their own door step, and Wales haven't beaten Aus since 1969 (source BBC, haven't checked it so it might be wrong) and have never beaten NZ or SA.

I wish them well this summer.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 am

Then again it would be a shame if Wales won the series the year before the Lions tour there.

C'mon Aus. Yahoo Wallaby
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 23, 2012 10:38 am

well if what you say is true- I hope wales can stuff em

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 am

We beat Aus in 1987 albeit in N Z and again in 2008 in Cardiff. All this is media hype anyway - The coaches and players know there is very little between these sides and it should be a cracking series.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am

RubyGuby wrote:We beat Aus in 1987 albeit in N Z and again in 2008 in Cardiff. All this is media hype anyway - The coaches and players know there is very little between these sides and it should be a cracking series.

Who's counting? Laugh thumbsup
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 23, 2012 11:15 am

I'm counting, last time I checked it was 12-19 another GS and a scratch on the Range Rover kiss

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed May 23, 2012 11:22 am

Ouch! thumbsup

I'm serious a Welsh series win would mean the Lions tour next year would be a damp squib.

Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong,
Under the shade of a coolibah tree.
He sang and he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled,
"You'll come a-waltzing, Matilda, with me."
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 am

sorry you beat aus when??

were you even born then dude? thumbsup

Good luck anyway- i will be supporting all european teams this summer

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 11:30 am

Bless, aint that sweet. The NH supporting each other like that, you'll all need it thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 23, 2012 11:30 am

That's 1 EBOP thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed May 23, 2012 11:31 am

So 1969 was the last time Wales beat Australia in Australia. Can anyone confirm this?

GS-blah. We did 3 in 5 years Whistle

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 11:32 am

EBOP wrote:Bless, aint that sweet. The NH supporting each other like that, you'll all need it thumbsup

No, worries, EBOP, there is solidarity in the south as well. Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 am

I'm sure there will be hundreds if not thousands of Welshmen wishing England well in SA!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 23, 2012 11:36 am

I know we will need it, however i dont think all fans are like me!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 am

biltongbek wrote:
EBOP wrote:Bless, aint that sweet. The NH supporting each other like that, you'll all need it thumbsup

For sure biltong, we're with ya. There's nothing more galling than losing to the NH, just unacceptable. We all must do our bit to keep em ranked 4 and below.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 am

lol bopy..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 11:40 am

EBOP wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

For sure biltong, we're with ya. There's nothing more galling than losing to the NH, just unacceptable. We all must do our bit to keep em ranked 4 and below.

Absolutley, especially at home. Whistle

We now just need to get argentina into 4th and then world order has been restored. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed May 23, 2012 11:42 am

Wales are the current Grand Slam champions of Europe. It would be more embarassing to lose to Scotland for example. Or Ireland. England not so much because they've done it recently- albeit with a different coach/players

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed May 23, 2012 11:47 am

To be honest I think they're pretty much the same level of embarrassment from my point of view. Scotland Ireland Wales now that it's been 60 years Italy Argentina. I'll be spewing when one of those knocks us over. Though the English really love rubbing it in so I lump them in for pure annoyance factor Wink

Haha liking Argentina there at 4th!

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 23, 2012 11:49 am

ireland beat em up didnt they!!

england have beaten them way more than they havent in recent years- and in a game i would very much back england at present.

The problem with wales is aus are becoming a 'somewhat' bogey team. like ireland were for england- allthough both teams relatively evenly matched - aus have the edge mentally.

But wales are way to good to keep losing - surely. Aus seems to be the easiest scalp to get for NH sides

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed May 23, 2012 11:50 am

Oh well then, it looks as though we will have to go out and embarrass them then. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 am

mystiroakey wrote:ireland beat em up didnt they!!

england have beaten them way more than they havent in recent years- and in a game i would very much back england at present.

The problem with wales is aus are becoming a 'somewhat' bogey team. like ireland were for england- allthough both teams relatively evenly matched - aus have the edge mentally.

But wales are way to good to keep losing - surely. Aus seems to be the easiest scalp to get for NH sides

Ireland 'munstered' them in the WC - when was the last time Ireland beat Oz downunder ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 am

disneychilly wrote:To be honest I think they're pretty much the same level of embarrassment from my point of view. Scotland Ireland Wales now that it's been 60 years Italy Argentina. I'll be spewing when one of those knocks us over. Though the English really love rubbing it in so I lump them in for pure annoyance factor Wink

Haha liking Argentina there at 4th!

To be honest I feel that way with pretty much every team except the All Blacks.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 11:53 am

Yeah, that was funny biltong clap SANZARG ranked 1-4, imagine that, ouch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 11:54 am

EBOP wrote:Yeah, that was funny biltong clap SANZARG ranked 1-4, imagine that, ouch!

I think they should call it.

ARGH SANZAR again!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 23, 2012 11:55 am

munkian wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:ireland beat em up didnt they!!

Ireland 'munstered' them in the WC - when was the last time Ireland beat Oz downunder ?

yep i suppose- but it was neutral, so that ranks a better win than a home one- and as its a WC game it has even more importance- ranking wise and prestige wise than an away win!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed May 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Think it was 1979 when Ireland won in Australia against the Wallabies.

Biltong we're the same. It's why our teams are the two best in history. The sting of defeat is intolerable.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed May 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Oakey Eden Park looked like a home game for you lot to be honest Wink

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 12:05 pm

disneychilly wrote:Think it was 1979 when Ireland won in Australia against the Wallabies.

Biltong we're the same. It's why our teams are the two best in history. The sting of defeat is intolerable.

Are you also very angry, frustrated feel like you want to go onto the field and do it yourself when things go wrong?

Maybe I am a little over the top, I also refuse to watch the Springboks play with someone that doesn't know rugby and will somewhere along the line ask a stupid question or make a comment out of ignorance, I just want to Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment". Slap12 the Losing to Wales describe as "Embarrassment". Poop10 out of them. especially when my team is playing poorly. furious
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Sometimes, though I am only 75 kilos so wanting to go out on the field and do it yourself moments are confined to when All Blacks mess up catching simple passes, kicking for touch or passing. I bet however gutted you were when Nonu got through Smit in Soweto that you wouldn't have wanted to tackle Ma'a in his stead!

Yeah I try and stay away from people that are ignorant and/or don't care in big games. I was with my mate's Irish gf in 07 and I had to tell her that if she gave me a sympathetic pat she'd lose her hand!

I dated a Zimbabwean with SA flatmates for a while and watched a couple of games with them. I shut up as we were winning and I was a guest (!) but the SA guys liked analysing what both teams were doing. I also find that if I offer educated tactical views on where the game was won and lost and what both teams should be doing instead of HAHA FU we won you suck I won't get lynched. It's more fun that way.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Yeah, we do tend to analyse the game quite a bit, but it is polite not to gloat anyway. Whistle

As far as Nonu goes, I wanted to smack smit against the head, but if I recollect it must have once again been Morne steyn missing a touch kick that should first of all not have been kicked, and not gone straight into the hands of a New Zealander intent on winning a match they shouldn't have. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Actually I was very impressed with Dagg for remembering the rules on that kick, spreading his legs putting one in touch whilst picking up the moving ball. Yes it was Steyn's kick. Though there was a forward pass in the buildup to McCaw's try.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next