The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest?

+4
Haddie-nuff
lydian
It Must Be Love
socal1976
8 posters

Go down

Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest?

Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest? Vote_lcap57%Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest? Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 8 ]
Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest? Vote_lcap43%Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest? Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest? Empty Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest?

Post by socal1976 Fri May 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Frankly, I love tennis and I enjoy watching the tour. I like the young talent we have and the more established older legends, its a good mix. But I have always had this burning question. Why do so many posters spend years following a sport and commenting on a tour that they find uninspiring and dull? I mean I have been reading posts for many, many years by the same posters making the same arguments; running down the game. No one is making you watch or comment, and if you are interested enough to watch and comment then you are interested enough, period. I mean I find golf horrifically dull, some love it, but you don't find me on the golf thread constantly running down their tour and threatening to walk away from being a "golf fan" because my interest is waning or watching every tournament and major just so I can crap on everyone else's favorite players as dull and uninspiring.

If the interest these people have that is constantly dying, but never actually dies is so little in this game there are other entertainment options available.

I for one am frankly just sick of it, we have had dozens maybe hundreds of threads basically on the same theme (modern Tennis=boring), and we are constantly told over and over again how dull and tedious the game is. You know what I find dull, tedious, unimaginative, and annoying is the constant negativity and running down the game that you get from some corners on this site.

If I ever stop posting it will be for one of two reasons, 1. either get banned for my winning charm 2. I just get sick and tired of the tour sucks crowd. All good things have to come to an end, and at some point the constant negativity towards the tour is really wearing thin.

I am not for censorship, post whatever damn opinion you have; but if you are asking me what has become dull and tedious the ATP tour or the people who spend a decade telling us how boring the tour and our favorite players are and how their interest is dying, well I know which choice I will take. Will someone pull the damn plug on their interest in tennis so the rest of us can enjoy the tour; it seems their interest is always dying but never dies.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest? Empty Re: Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest?

Post by It Must Be Love Fri May 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Lol!
Nice article, and fair enough.

I have been moaning a bit that there haven't been great young players, but I do acknowledge that we were a bit spoilt for the past decade or so, and tennis is still easily my favourite sport to watch.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest? Empty Re: Are you losing interest with those that keep loudly telling us they are losing interest?

Post by socal1976 Sat May 07, 2016 2:03 am

It Must Be Love wrote:Lol!
Nice article, and fair enough.

I have been moaning a bit that there haven't been great young players, but I do acknowledge that we were a bit spoilt for the past decade or so, and tennis is still easily my favourite sport to watch.

There are plenty of young talents that are worth watching that have the potential to make a slam run later in their career, you watch the tour close enough to know that IMBL.

Look, I agree as critics everyone has a right to come out and say I like player X, or I don't like PLayer X, and like Player Y. I mean at the end of the day negative and positive opinions can both be telling and worth discussing. But jeez you and I were accused of talking constantly about weak era and GOAT discussions(which we hardly ever mention by the way), but the modern tennis=boring crowd are relentless, like a pack of African wild dogs chasing an Impala for tens of miles if necessary to run it down. I mean do they think they can impose their subjective views on the quality of the tour on those of us who like it? So why the constant repetition and negativity? I mean according to these people there simply hasn't been anything compelling in tennis ever. I remember being on old 606 after wimby 2008. I was awe struck after that match, I came in and wanted a celebration of the sport with other tennis fans. And to be fair the majority, a significant majority were elated. But, there was I remember a rather large and vocal minority who were talking about even that match in a negative sense and not just because Federer lost but because there was too little S and V and Nadal was glorified clay courter that would never win on the anointed 90s grass courts etc. and such nonsense. I am serious after that symphony of tennis immediately after there was a very vocal minority, and guess who was their ring leader who were talking about how poor Federer was and how obviously sick he was and how the courts were too slow, and how there was not enough volleying etc.

I keep coming back to the analogy of the guy who invites himself to the camping trip only to complain about how much he hates camping and everything about it because apparently he has to ruin your trip because he is choosing not to have fun. Like I said some people are only happy when they are unhappy and complaining about something that isn't up to their standards whatever that may be. I have had exs like that and even after years I still think about their constant complaining and pouting that sends a shiver up my spine to think about it. Worse really than someone punching you in the face after awhile.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat May 07, 2016 2:19 am

To be fair though, Federer must be that guy on said camping trip because he keeps asking for conditions that allow more variety on tour...so surely you see the irony of your analogised stance? Also, does that  make us all sycophants for agreeing with him? Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat May 07, 2016 2:35 am

Im not sure if I can relate to your camping analogy either socal.. there is a line to be drawn between complaining and being critical. The latter whilst it can be tedious we know  is something that all sports attract. Im not sure I am aware of any sports lover that doesn't find room for it !!! Wink
I only have to listen to my football loving husband to realise that Shocked

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 07, 2016 2:45 am

lydian wrote:To be fair though, Federer must be that guy on said camping trip because he keeps asking for conditions that allow more variety on tour...so surely you see the irony of your analogised stance? Also, does that  make us all sycophants for agreeing with him? Wink

No what makes the individual that I called a sycophant in the other thread was his stupid sarcastic smiley. Like he is too cool to discuss his issues with my theories instead he just has to show up to register he is being a d#ck to me and then leave. He can agree with you if he likes but brainless, child like, sarcasm posing as infantile cheerleading is sycophantic behavior in my book. You are of course free to disagree.

By the way part of my criticism is the constant, relentless harping. The same criticisms levelled at me and IMBL about harping on GOAT or weak era has to apply to your guys by a factor of ten at this point in my opinion. When was the last time I started or even mentioned who is or is not GOAT as a thread or even a post? It is a matter of degree, I mean steak once a week is fine and may even be enjoyable freaking steak every single meal, every single day is tiring and can just become tedious. When are you guys going to draw the line and say ok we made our points, every argument is cyclical and lets focus on finding enjoyable and new things to discuss? If you are putting yourself in that camp that modern tennis=boring by the way, then the question would be posed to all of you guys? We are all on this site together.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat May 14, 2016 11:01 am

socal1976 wrote:When was the last time I started or even mentioned who is or is not GOAT as a thread or even a post?

https://www.606v2.com/t63042-since-you-guys-get-to-beat-on-dead-horses-rod-laver-declares-novak-djokovic-equal-to-federer-in-the-goat-sweepstakes

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat May 14, 2016 1:11 pm

laverfan wrote:
socal1976 wrote:When was the last time I started or even mentioned who is or is not GOAT as a thread or even a post?

https://www.606v2.com/t63042-since-you-guys-get-to-beat-on-dead-horses-rod-laver-declares-novak-djokovic-equal-to-federer-in-the-goat-sweepstakes

Oh come on laverfan .....it's not as though it was very recently that socal initiated yet another tedious GOAT or wacky theory wee Kiera debate. I mean .....the random example you searched so hard for in the archives goes way back to ..... er ...... May 8th Shocked

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Yeah the day after I posted this protest thread. I did this thread before that one lags, try to keep up.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun May 15, 2016 9:09 am

socal1976 wrote:Yeah the day after I posted this protest thread. I did this thread before that one lags, try to keep up.

He lags.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun May 15, 2016 12:14 pm

You're absolutely right JHM.

I am lagging.

In my defence, it's quite a struggle to keep up with the never-ending flow of GOAT and/or era threads........  Especially when they're so exciting and original Rolling Eyes

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun May 15, 2016 1:45 pm

lags72 wrote:You're absolutely right JHM.

I am lagging.

In my defence, it's quite a struggle to keep up with the never-ending flow of GOAT and/or era threads........  Especially when they're so exciting and original Rolling Eyes

Yeah especially since those GOAT and weak era threads don't exist, exactly one of the last 14 threads I have done dating back 3 months has anything to do with either GOAT or weak era not including this thread which was purposefully done as a boobie for tat. Hence the title which should of clued you in. Yes, all those weak era and GOAt discussions I do must be causing your head to spin. Being behind the recent posts is one thing just plain lying is another it is pretty clear, which one you are doing here. One out of 14 threds covering 3 months has you "stuggling" well how do you think I feel with the constant moaning of the we need variety and the game is boring who spend almost every post talking the same fact less nonsense. Not to mention my critics completely lying and distorting my record like you are trying to do here.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun May 15, 2016 2:42 pm

This thread seems not to have worked out quite as tended.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun May 15, 2016 4:02 pm

How do you mean, with most people agreeing with me? Looks like it worked out just like I thought. I didn't care to win a majority of people with my position, I just wanted to make the Negative Nancy Federation aware that there is a percentage of people who are tired of their moaning and that maybe if they can't get their emotions in check they should go get their estrogen levels checked or something as opposed to boring those of us who actually like modern tennis.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down