The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales - an embarrassment to Northern Hemisphere rugby

+23
Morgannwg
Liam
kiakahaaotearoa
nobbled
damage_13
yappysnap
offload
manofgwent
Biltong
Pot Hale
stevetynant
Taylorman
LondonTiger
Cyril
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
anotherworldofpain
Cryptoyourisan
majesticimperialman
RogerLewis
mckay1402
Mr Taff
englandglory4ever
cabbagesandbrussels
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wales - an embarrassment to Northern Hemisphere rugby Empty Wales - an embarrassment to Northern Hemisphere rugby

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:30 pm

Enough said!

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Wales - an embarrassment to Northern Hemisphere rugby Empty Re: Wales - an embarrassment to Northern Hemisphere rugby

Post by englandglory4ever Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:31 pm

Yeah c'mon Wales. Why do you keep losing? You make the rest of us in the NH look bad.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Wales - an embarrassment to Northern Hemisphere rugby Empty Re: Wales - an embarrassment to Northern Hemisphere rugby

Post by Mr Taff Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:33 pm

cabbagesandbrussels wrote:Enough said!

+1 Sad

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:35 pm

this is one of the reasons I don't come on here as much anymore. too many idiots taking pleasure out of others misery.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:37 pm

Karma.

When Australia win tomorrow we will laugh.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:38 pm

australia wont win
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:38 pm

Is George North, Jamie Roberts twin? I ask this because all he seems to do is run into players, trys to bash them over.

But in all honesty Wales was terrible tonight. They looked to me like they did not want to play, because they thought it was a forgone conclusion that they could not lose.

Well sorry but they did.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:40 pm

mckay1402 wrote:this is one of the reasons I don't come on here as much anymore. too many idiots taking pleasure out of others misery.

Only Wales' misery...

by the way, hate to tell you but you came on here ;-)

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:42 pm

RogerLewis wrote:Karma.

When Australia win tomorrow we will laugh.

They may well win. England are hugely inexperienced and not expected to win.
How are those 4 wins out of 4 going?? ;-)

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

Yeah Wales. Don't forget you are the 'Glandslammers' as you keep reminding us. Pull your finger out and man up please!

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

Pretty terrible for the Welsh but they have a history of turning from sublime to Brad Pitt. Kind of shows how poor a Six Nations we had in 2012.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

How's the Grandslam?

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

Poor Welsh autumn always ends with a grandslam the following year Very Happy

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

On course for the clean sweep Hug

Seriously Welsh fans do not despair, I thought the timing of the game was a bit unfair, just 6 days since the last game. Surely the players were tired?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:46 pm

Just heard someone say its the quickest slide from Champs to Chumps in Rugby history. I said to them don't be silly these Welsh guys are gonna really give it to NZ next week.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:46 pm

RogerLewis wrote:How's the Grandslam?

Still dining out on that??? Zzzzzzz....
England dont generally capitulate against Pacific Islanders.

Cheer up - NZ next laughing

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

cabbagesandbrussels wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:this is one of the reasons I don't come on here as much anymore. too many idiots taking pleasure out of others misery.

Only Wales' misery...

o you're so clever well done you won the internet
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

RogerLewis wrote:Poor Welsh autumn always ends with a grandslam the following year Very Happy

Consistency is the mark of true champions my friend...

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Taff Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

mckay1402 wrote:
cabbagesandbrussels wrote:

Only Wales' misery...

o you're so clever well done you won the internet

Don't be so precious Mckay. He has the right to gloat.

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:50 pm

I bet there will be along queue at the physio's door this week. Wouldn't want to get selected to play next week would would they. Hell no.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:51 pm

I said it when someone Welsh was gloating a couple of weeks back and I'll say it again now:

Schadenfreude is best enjoyed in private, exhibiting it in public doesn't really make someone look good.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:57 pm

Do I hear the jackboots of the Mods stomping along over this one? Just a bit of fun mate. We've only just started. Don't forget these guys are Grandslammers and the camp predicted a 4 v Nil whitewash of the opposition. They got to expect a bit of a poke after that.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:58 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:I said it when someone Welsh was gloating a couple of weeks back and I'll say it again now:

Schadenfreude is best enjoyed in private, exhibiting it in public doesn't really make someone look good.
For the faint of heart I'm going to exhibit my schadenfreude in a spoiler tag

Spoiler:

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:00 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:I said it when someone Welsh was gloating a couple of weeks back and I'll say it again now:

I think the full quote was:

Schadenfreude, like masturbation, is best enjoyed in private.

I reckon we have seen enough gloating wbankers

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:01 pm

That was a purely personal observation on my part. Exhibit all the schadenfreude you like. I'll just reserve the right to think less of you for it, like I do when anyone takes joy on someone else's misfortune.

Personally I'll stick to being happy for the Samoan cuzzies.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:02 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

That was the quote I was looking for.

clap
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:02 pm

A bit of grace EG4E, this was a Samoan victory and a Welsh loss, I don't recall seeing England play today.

If Wales bounce back and beat NZ next week, all will be forgiven.

I thought again 1/2p was excellent, again putting his hand up for Lions selection. The issue for Wales is glaring, it's at 9/10...too much ball is kicked away in a panic when quick turn over ball has been won. Priestland must sit on the side lines for a while and reflect on his game management. At full time he still simply did not understand what had gone wrong as he claimed the issue was "playing too much rugby" and "not kicking for territory enough". Wrong, wrong, wrong.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:02 pm

Not the smartest post but sadly inevitable. Was just a matter of 'who'.

Hopefully next week Wales manage to find a way but it doesn't look good. The strike power out wide will stretch this side, especially with most of the A side resting and recharging.

Hard luck Wales. Hope the side can regroup somehow but the results over some time now suggest change is inevitable somewhere.

Priestland for one I just dont get. Doesnt have an instinctive bone for his role and oddly does things 'purposefully' yet 'aimlessly' at the same time. Scary combination- doing the wrong things with confidence.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by stevetynant Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm

Line out ropey, outscrummaged, beaten up at the breakdown, back row anonymous Ryan apart, two best ospreys injured and taken off,lateral in attack,Cuthbert and North not in the game. Best side won by a mile. Not sure where we go now for improvement but at least Gats is back. Congratulations to Samoa a victory well deserved.

stevetynant

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:12 pm

THANK GOD FOR GATLAND.

We will only lose by 50 now.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:26 pm

Cryptoyourisan wrote:Pretty terrible for the Welsh but they have a history of turning from sublime to Brad Pitt. Kind of shows how poor a Six Nations we had in 2012.

When were they sublime?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:27 pm

'Wales an embarrassment to NH rugby', a thread from a Scottish poster. How is that not a massive disrespect shown to Samoa?

Cabbageandbrussles, tell the Samoans why the Welsh should be embarrassed to lose to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:27 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Cryptoyourisan wrote:Pretty terrible for the Welsh but they have a history of turning from sublime to Brad Pitt. Kind of shows how poor a Six Nations we had in 2012.

When were they sublime?

2005. Fookin' sublime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:32 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

That was the quote I was looking for.

clap
laughing
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:33 pm

Grand slam in 2008
4th 09
4th 10
4th 11
Grand slam 2012.
Wales certainly haven't dominated NH rugby. The six nations tournament is very competitive, but you have to question how high the standard is.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:22 pm

I guess in Wales we reap what we sow and in England one reaps what one sows.

Same result.
egg
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:25 pm

I wouldn't bother Pete.

For tonight the children inherit the interweb.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:30 pm

Pete,
Those who understand what you mean aren't posting (present company excepted) and those who have to look it up to understand are too busy shouting from the safety of their keyboard.
Good night all
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:39 am

saw this comment and laughed.

Wales are to rugby what Liverpool are to football: romanticised, emotional and above all not anything like as good as they believe they are. Was frankly hilarious. For once, the ref gave you nothing and you were properly spanked. What would the score have been if Samoa had a kicker...

don't agree with the as good as they believe they are though, as when the Welsh 'believe' they punch well and truely above their weight and its a sight to behold.

but excuse us while we have a chortle, don't worry you'll be back to normal in time to play England in the 6N

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 17 Nov 2012, 12:04 pm

I hate threads like this. It's like standing on a hill in a tin bath full of water in a suit of armour in a thunderstorm yelling all gods are bar stewards - karma wise.

Pratchetts description but you get the idea.
Enjoy it quietly - please. Or Australia get a cricket score against us.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:13 pm

The only thing Wales are at the moment is a disappointment to themselves and their fans. They don't represent the NH. They represent their nation Wales. Sometimes I think we place too much emphasis on this hemisphere lark.

The pride is in the national jersey, not which hemisphere you come from.

Similarly, I prefer to see the OP's post as an embarrassment not to the NH but to the individual poster.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:20 pm

I agree, I believe C&B should come back and appologise for being such a cabbage.

Personally I think the Welsh fans who've shown up to comment have been overly pesimistic and the general mood has been constructive and positive. I'm proud of all (most) of V2 for this WUM free response. What a great community. In some part surely attributable to our able mods who have ruthlessly weeded out the chaff and delicately tuned those want to WUM to an unnecessary degree. Top skills all.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:35 pm

RogerLewis wrote:THANK GOD FOR GATLAND.

That will be in the first half. right. OK

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:45 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
RogerLewis wrote:THANK GOD FOR GATLAND.

That will be in the first half. right. OK

Listen Madge, for somebody who has little better to do than post on a forum, why are you risking getting another ban? I don't mind a wum, but one who can't differentiate between the words loose and lose should just stick to posting about their own country. At least then I am not subjected to your posts when I try to read about my country. Trying to be clever does not suit you one bit.

Last edited by Risca Rev on Sat 17 Nov 2012, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:53 pm

No one is playing for the shirt except for a select few. I honestly thought we'd have too much for Samoa but I was proven wrong.

For me, Howley is out of his depth as are the other coaches. The game plan is non-existent, there's no attacking plan and its evident to see. When the ball is presented at the ruck, there's no runs being made by the backs, its simply whoever happens to be near, the ball will be thrown to them and then they have to deal with it with little support.

God I hope Gatts is back for the NZ game just so we don't lose by 60 points.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:57 pm

Liam wrote:No one is playing for the shirt except for a select few. I honestly thought we'd have too much for Samoa but I was proven wrong.

For me, Howley is out of his depth as are the other coaches. The game plan is non-existent, there's no attacking plan and its evident to see. When the ball is presented at the ruck, there's no runs being made by the backs, its simply whoever happens to be near, the ball will be thrown to them and then they have to deal with it with little support.

God I hope Gatts is back for the NZ game just so we don't lose by 60 points.

It doesn't really matter that Gatland is back for the NZ game, as Howley is still the attack coach. So until that changes, there isn't going to be any improvement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 17 Nov 2012, 3:10 pm

I see this as being a fair point (the embarrassment to NH rugby), but a debatable one. But may I ask why we're an embarrassment to NH rugby? I don't see why our 6 Nations opponents would be embarrassed by us. The result isn't too bad for me to take, it's the performance on the pitch (again). Why do the supporters pay to watch these supposed professionals play like that. The rugby on the field is the embarrassing thing for us.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:31 pm

Not so embarrassing to the NH as to their own support. That makes two results they're going to be wishing they'd snapped up by the time NZ are tearing them a new one.

I'm still fuming! No cohesive pattern in Welsh play and not one sign of mentally rising for the occasion. It's almost like they're trying to hand the game to the opposition with their dull running lines and capitulation to physical sides. Time and time again we've seen it against sides like Samoa, big and hard-hitting yet very, very beatable. We played into their hands with just as shocking ease as we did to the Pumas last week!

How can anyone be so dumb as to constantly run the same lateral attacking lines? Why try and look macho running straight into defenders while butchering genuine opportunities to outsmart and outplay them in other areas? I'm sorry but this uniform, one-dimensional style of play, while being effective initially, has long since been worked out by the opposition. We've seen it for months back but the players and coaches have failed to stand up and take notice of the warning signs. A plan B should have been worked on long ago for in the event that (shock horror!) you can't always win by knocking the opposition over all day.

Instead the same policies have been kept in place and Wales has been allowed to degrade into one of the most dull, predictable and mind-numbingly boring outfits on the block.

Forget about NZ, we're going to have our work cut out holding off the wooden spoon at this rate.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:45 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Not so embarrassing to the NH as to their own support. That makes two results they're going to be wishing they'd snapped up by the time NZ are tearing them a new one.

I'm still fuming! No cohesive pattern in Welsh play and not one sign of mentally rising for the occasion. It's almost like they're trying to hand the game to the opposition with their dull running lines and capitulation to physical sides. Time and time again we've seen it against sides like Samoa, big and hard-hitting yet very, very beatable. We played into their hands with just as shocking ease as we did to the Pumas last week!

How can anyone be so dumb as to constantly run the same lateral attacking lines? Why try and look macho running straight into defenders while butchering genuine opportunities to outsmart and outplay them in other areas? I'm sorry but this uniform, one-dimensional style of play, while being effective initially, has long since been worked out by the opposition. We've seen it for months back but the players and coaches have failed to stand up and take notice of the warning signs. A plan B should have been worked on long ago for in the event that (shock horror!) you can't always win by knocking the opposition over all day.

Instead the same policies have been kept in place and Wales has been allowed to degrade into one of the most dull, predictable and mind-numbingly boring outfits on the block.

Forget about NZ, we're going to have our work cut out holding off the wooden spoon at this rate.
A fair assessment knowsit. I'm not looking past a 6N whitewash at the mo! I don't understand what has happened to our attacking play I really don't. They watch the video back don't they? So why aren't the coaches saying - "maybe we should mix it up a bit, put a grubber through, chip over the top etc. And maybe, just maybe - TRY TO OFDFLOAD IN THE FEICING TACKLE FOR ONCE!!!!" Just looking at the difference between us and the way Beale mixed his game up today for Oz makes me weep.........

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

How could we not get a whitewash playing like that? We have Scotland and Italy away from home this year. England and France would play conservative and smart enough to beat us (much like Argentina). Ireland could beat us in Cardiff too. As bad as they have been the potential to be so much better is there and they're fed by two outstanding Provincial teams (the other two aren't bad at all either).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next