The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems Haye was right after all

+14
two_tone
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TRUSSMAN66
jimdig
alfredperami
Pedro147
azania
88Chris05
Super D Boon
monty junior
Steffan
manos de piedra
rycoys
ONETWOFOREVER
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seems Haye was right after all Empty Seems Haye was right after all

Post by Guest Mon 21 May 2012, 10:31 pm

Sky Sports are reporting that, according Bernd Boente, Haye WAS offered a fight with Vitali in September but opted to fight Chisora as it was "an easier task" (according to the K Bros mouthpiece).

Now whilst pretty much everyone will agree that Chisora is an easier fight than Vitali, one thing it does prove is that both Haye and Adam Booth were right when they criticised the K Bros team for going back on an earlier agreement. You will recall that, after Booth was inadvertantly assaulted by Haye, he turned to Vitali and said, "I respect you as a fighter, but your manager is a b!tch!" Boentehad spent most of the post Chisora fight conference denying that any agreement had ever been reached despite Haye asking repeatedly, "Why won't you give me the fight, I agreed to everything you've asked." and yet now he's telling everyone a deal was reached but Haye bottled it.

Anyone else think that the fact this Haye/Chisora "fight" has shifted over 20,000 tickets for a glorified pub brawl, the K Boys are again seeing Euro signs before their eyes.

Whilst it probably wouldn't make a jot of difference to the outcome if Haye and Vitali fought, it's nice to see that Boente is finally being shown up for the lying little slimebag he generally comes across as.

Back to top Go down

Seems Haye was right after all Empty Re: Seems Haye was right after all

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 21 May 2012, 10:35 pm

Well Haye has done the same thing before to the Vitali and Wlad camp so they most prob do not trust him.

After all Haye has done you still see the glow around him don't you DAVE.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 May 2012, 10:38 pm

ONETWO, I'm not defending Haye per se, I'm pointing out what no-one else seems to believe, that the K Boys manager is as devious an individual as there is. For the life in me, I can't understand why people still think the K's are this straight talking, fair dealing bunch of goody two shoes.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 21 May 2012, 10:46 pm

My point is Haye has history of pulling out of fights with Wlad in particullar. Remember the Santana fiasco? It does not surprise me that Beonte is devious as all promoters are.

Not to worry tho if Haye beats Chisora then expect to see Vitali v Haye in England for the reasons you rightly point out £££££

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon 21 May 2012, 10:49 pm

DAVE667 wrote:ONETWO, I'm not defending Haye per se, I'm pointing out what no-one else seems to believe, that the K Boys manager is as devious an individual as there is. For the life in me, I can't understand why people still think the K's are this straight talking, fair dealing bunch of goody two shoes.
couldent agree more , i think this proves it , he is simply useing hayes name to gain attention and intrest , hes just proved he blatenley lied dureing the munich press conference ! the guy is a joke and the klits are not as clean cut as people think , to me beonte and the rest klit clan know there is a good chance haye would beat vitali and made it impossible for the fight to happen .

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 21 May 2012, 11:03 pm

Thats not what happened. Boente has consistently said all along that Haye was offered a deal and he didnt accept the terms. Boente has never said they had an agreement at any point.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 21 May 2012, 11:07 pm

Haye aint been right...about nothing. Now dig this you fools and dig it good. Vitali has fought professionally 46 times. And he aint been down. The only thing that could floor Vitali......is Vitali

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 21 May 2012, 11:18 pm

Agreed, Haye has no jab and isn't busy enough to threaten, Vitali is much more of a boxer now than his younger day's and regularly throws 600 odd punches per fight. He doesn't sit on them and is often moving backwards but considering Lewis couldn't put him down i doubt Haye can.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 22 May 2012, 12:13 pm

Whilst it probably wouldn't make a jot of difference to the outcome if Haye and Vitali fought, it's nice to see that Boente is finally being shown up for the lying little slimebag he generally comes across as..

-----------

Isn't Boente a promoter though? What boxing promoter isn't a lying slimebag. Granted, some are not so little. Don King is quite fat, Gary Shaw likewise and Frank Warren seems average in size. But they all come accross as lying slimebags but in different sizes.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 22 May 2012, 12:24 pm

I was always under the impression that Boente has been open in saying all along that there was a fight with Vitali for Haye, if Haye wanted it. I don't recall him ever saying that no talks had taken place - even in September / October last year, he categorically said that they'd tried to make the fight, but that Haye had been unhappy with the conditions on offer, or something to that end.

I find the idea that Vitali may be weary of Haye and the threat he brings a little far-fetched, bordering on the comical perhaps. I don't think it was ever really in Haye's intentions to face Vitali but, in light of the Hollywood offers not rolling in the way he'd hoped and a reputation in serious need of repair, he may just have to chase him now.

I have no doubts that the Klitschkos and Boente have a dark side, but whatever shady image they've projected of themselves is nothing compared to the embarrassment that Haye and Booth have heaped upon themselves over the past twelve months or so.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 12:32 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I was always under the impression that Boente has been open in saying all along that there was a fight with Vitali for Haye, if Haye wanted it. I don't recall him ever saying that no talks had taken place - even in September / October last year, he categorically said that they'd tried to make the fight, but that Haye had been unhappy with the conditions on offer, or something to that end.

I find the idea that Vitali may be weary of Haye and the threat he brings a little far-fetched, bordering on the comical perhaps. I don't think it was ever really in Haye's intentions to face Vitali but, in light of the Hollywood offers not rolling in the way he'd hoped and a reputation in serious need of repair, he may just have to chase him now.

I have no doubts that the Klitschkos and Boente have a dark side, but whatever shady image they've projected of themselves is nothing compared to the embarrassment that Haye and Booth have heaped upon themselves over the past twelve months or so.

After the brawl they were saying that Vit would never fight Haye. So what changed. Interestingly it shows that money talks. Vit is WBC champ and that fight will be made provided Haye beats Chisora.

Boente is scum.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 22 May 2012, 12:53 pm

azania wrote:After the brawl they were saying that Vit would never fight Haye. So what changed.

Presumably, after Haye (yet again) turned down the chance to fight Vitali, they thought that he'd had enough chances and therefore withdrew any offer. Perfectly reasonable if that's the case; a man only has so much patience, and they aren't obliged to feed Haye's fantasy that the Heavyweight world revolves around him by repeatedly offering him fight which, it seems, he isn't all that keen on taking, or at least hasn't been all that keen on.

I fail to see what Boente has done which is any worse than Booth, personally. Maybe he's contradicted himself on the Haye-Vitali subject, yes. Likewise, I vivdly remember Booth assuring us all that "Audley isn't even on our radar", a stance which changed remarkably in the next few months. Presumably, Az, you consider all promoters "scum?"
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 1:24 pm

azania wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:I was always under the impression that Boente has been open in saying all along that there was a fight with Vitali for Haye, if Haye wanted it. I don't recall him ever saying that no talks had taken place - even in September / October last year, he categorically said that they'd tried to make the fight, but that Haye had been unhappy with the conditions on offer, or something to that end.

After the brawl they were saying that Vit would never fight Haye. So what changed. Interestingly it shows that money talks. Vit is WBC champ and that fight will be made provided Haye beats Chisora.

Boente is scum.

A couple of weeks after the incident in Munich, Haye said he had spoken to Vitali and they had agreed to a fight in priciple. Boente and Finkle confirmed this, but said terms had not been agreed. Its was also widely reported that Haye had turned down an previous offer late in 2011 to fight Vitali due to not finding the terms acceptable.

Now Haye has opted to fight Chisora. If anything, the evidence would appear to support Boentes claim that Haye withdrew from the Vitali fight in order to fight Chisora once Warren had weaved his magic in order to get the fight set up and get Haye his guarantee.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 1:25 pm

Would also add that the stance the WBC has taken with regards the legitimacy of the Haye/Chisora bout could prove an obstacle for a future Vitali/Haye fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 1:34 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
azania wrote:After the brawl they were saying that Vit would never fight Haye. So what changed.

Presumably, after Haye (yet again) turned down the chance to fight Vitali, they thought that he'd had enough chances and therefore withdrew any offer. Perfectly reasonable if that's the case; a man only has so much patience, and they aren't obliged to feed Haye's fantasy that the Heavyweight world revolves around him by repeatedly offering him fight which, it seems, he isn't all that keen on taking, or at least hasn't been all that keen on.

I fail to see what Boente has done which is any worse than Booth, personally. Maybe he's contradicted himself on the Haye-Vitali subject, yes. Likewise, I vivdly remember Booth assuring us all that "Audley isn't even on our radar", a stance which changed remarkably in the next few months. Presumably, Az, you consider all promoters "scum?"

In the argument just before the brawl, Haye was accusing K2 of pulling back from a deal or a verbal agreement. The manner in which Booth spoke with Vit leads me to believe Team Haye more. Also if an offer was made and Haye turned it down, is that such a big deal? The K2 probably offered another slave contract.

Promoters are generally scum. They want to pay the boxer as little as possible so they can make as much as possible without being in harms way. But I totally detest promoters who try to come across as being holier than thou and supporting the integrity of boxing. Boente is a merchant banker by trade and definition.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 22 May 2012, 1:51 pm

David Haye hits back at claims by Vitali Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente that the Brit turned down a fight with the Ukrainian because he fears him.

"It makes absolutely no sense for me to turn down a fight I desperately want," said Haye. "Remember, the whole idea behind going ahead with this Dereck Chisora fight was that a victory may then lead to a fight with Vitali Klitschko. That was my plan, my reason for returning to the ring."

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 1:52 pm

Yet Haye and Vitali both announced they had agreed to fight barely a fortnight after the brawl.......

Would it not make sense with Hayes track record that he was just looking for some publicity and hype for a future fight?

Haye is basically the biggest waffler in boxing. Theres literally no other fighter barring maybe James Toney that I would take what they say at less face value.

Even during the press conferance Haye was accusing Chisora of being a joke and below his level, but lo and behold for a couple of million it literally cant wait. To the point where it has to be licenced by Luxembourg.

We have seen it all before with Haye. Hes a salesman, but a good one.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 1:54 pm

Pedro147 wrote:David Haye hits back at claims by Vitali Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente that the Brit turned down a fight with the Ukrainian because he fears him.

"It makes absolutely no sense for me to turn down a fight I desperately want," said Haye. "Remember, the whole idea behind going ahead with this Dereck Chisora fight was that a victory may then lead to a fight with Vitali Klitschko. That was my plan, my reason for returning to the ring."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 22 May 2012, 1:57 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:David Haye hits back at claims by Vitali Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente that the Brit turned down a fight with the Ukrainian because he fears him.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know, I'm only the messenger haha. I think Haye's achievements will never be discussed when he retires, only his mouth and not boxing abililty. So he might be happy now with the money but in time and hindsight I think he'll regret his actions.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 1:59 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Yet Haye and Vitali both announced they had agreed to fight barely a fortnight after the brawl.......

Would it not make sense with Hayes track record that he was just looking for some publicity and hype for a future fight?

Haye is basically the biggest waffler in boxing. Theres literally no other fighter barring maybe James Toney that I would take what they say at less face value.

Even during the press conferance Haye was accusing Chisora of being a joke and below his level, but lo and behold for a couple of million it literally cant wait. To the point where it has to be licenced by Luxembourg.

I don't recall any anouncement of a fight between Vit and Haye after the brawl. I did har though from K2 that they didn't want to giht Haye because of the brawl.

Also I agree with Haye in the above post. Its the fight he wants (Vit) and as a hW Haye has been risk free (until Wlad). It makes no sense for him to fight Chisora when there's a fight with Vit lined up. Unless of course K2 offered slave wages again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Tue 22 May 2012, 2:04 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Even during the press conferance Haye was accusing Chisora of being a joke and below his level, but lo and behold for a couple of million it literally cant wait. To the point where it has to be licenced by Luxembourg.

Wasnt that just before the brawl when the fight would not have made any money?

As soon as Del Boy took offence and got down of the top table, the fight was taking place.

Say what you will about Haye and i like to say a lot, he is as you say a top sales man (poor trash talker big dif) and top sales men tend to eat well.
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 22 May 2012, 2:12 pm

Are the k bros bothered about hate v chorizo, selling 20000. The k brothers sell out football stadia for glorified heavy bag sessions. Haye's ppv money must of had an attraction for sure, but I doubt an English gate means much too them.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 2:16 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Yet Haye and Vitali both announced they had agreed to fight barely a fortnight after the brawl.......

I don't recall any anouncement of a fight between Vit and Haye after the brawl. I did har though from K2 that they didn't want to giht Haye because of the brawl.

Also I agree with Haye in the above post. Its the fight he wants (Vit) and as a hW Haye has been risk free (until Wlad). It makes no sense for him to fight Chisora when there's a fight with Vit lined up. Unless of course K2 offered slave wages again.

Im pretty sure it was the 1.5 million plus extras that changed Hayes mind. He couldnt care less who he fights if the money is right. Audley Harrison, Chisora, Vitali, whoever.

Explain how Chisora went from being a joke to a perfectly viable contender? Only a few weeks ago literally nobody outside of the two brothers were worthy.

Genuinely surprises me that people believe anything Haye says. Was he willing to fight Vitali? Yes Id say so, if the price was right. But like the time he pulled out of the first Wlad fight, the time he went for Valuev, the time he went for Audley and now the time hes fighting Chisora its risk/reward and money what is the issue, not the opponent.

If K2 supposedly offered a slave contract, which presumably is not the 50/50 contract signed before, then why would Haye claim to have agreed to it?

In my opinion this is basically history repeating itself except with Vitali instead of Wlad.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 2:17 pm

Good business sense to fight Chisora even If it is a disgrace...

I can believe everything Boente says as for Haye to beat Vitali he'd have to plant his feet and throw his heavy shots...as he didn't fancy doing it last time at the more "fragile" brother i can't see him doing it with Vitali....

Chisora is an easy night in a stinker...

Too many on here seem to be seeing the war of words/hype.............instead of examining the meshing of styles....

Stinkarooville....just like most Chisora fights.......and they'll no doubt be kissing after the fight......remember Clev-Bellew..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 2:19 pm

alfredperami wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Even during the press conferance Haye was accusing Chisora of being a joke and below his level, but lo and behold for a couple of million it literally cant wait. To the point where it has to be licenced by Luxembourg.

Wasnt that just before the brawl when the fight would not have made any money?

As soon as Del Boy took offence and got down of the top table, the fight was taking place.

Say what you will about Haye and i like to say a lot, he is as you say a top sales man (poor trash talker big dif) and top sales men tend to eat well.

I agree, he is a great salesman. Hes has made the guts of 7/8 million from fighting Audley Harrison and Dereck Chisora.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 22 May 2012, 2:29 pm

This whole 'slave contract' jibe which gets shot towards the Klitschkos confuses me a little.

I'd imagine that a 'slave wage' from a Klitschko would still significantly trump any other purse a Heavyweight would get anywhere else on the current horizon, for starters. Yes, they've been helped by a dearth in quality and depth in the weight class, but the fact is that the Klitschkos have worked their way in to a position of dominance (in all senses) in the Heavyweight division. They can have a tighter grip than the rest of the division on financial matters such as purse splits because they've done the necessary groundwork to put themselves in such a position. Rather than moan about it, the aspiring contenders beneath them should see it as incumbent upon them to try and do the same in the coming years.

Did anyone bemoan the fact that Vitali earned only a fraction of what Lewis did for their fight back in 2003, for instance? The brothers have worked hard to get to a position where they can call the shots.

The idea that they somehow owe a better living to their rivals is ridiculous. Besides, if we go on comparative terms, why should the likes of Haye, Solis, Briggs, Chisora etc be able to command anything other than the proverbial 'slave wage' on the basis of their showings against either brother? The gulf in class is wide, and naturally so will the gap in financial clout.

It's nothing new. Robinson worked every single angle to his advantage in negotiations once he had the Welterweight (and later on the Middleweight) title. However, I don't see anyone throwing accusations which are only one step short of mentioning them in relation to the grassy knoll at him they way the do towards the Klitschkos.

Given that Wladimir gave Haye a 50:50 split, which he simply didn't deserve, I'd say that this portrayal of the Klitschkos as disgracefully hard-nosed and unfair businessmen, cruelly trampling all over the rest of the Heavyweight world with unreasonable demands at the negotiation table, is a little far-fetched.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 2:31 pm

Not being funny but don't you think it kind of reflects badly on you that people in Germany are thinking....our boys battered both these guys easily and they are making big numbers on ppv in England??????

Geez they must think you Brits haven't got any standards.....

It's poor...very poor!!

and I think you guys should say no to this crap.......have more respect for British Boxing...

The whole of Germany and probably other Countries are laughing at you!!

rightly so...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 May 2012, 2:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not being funny but don't you think it kind of reflects badly on you that people in Germany are thinking....our boys battered both these guys easily and they are making big numbers on ppv in England??????

Geez they must think you Brits haven't got any standards.....

It's poor...very poor!!

and I think you guys should say no to this crap.......have more respect for British Boxing...

The whole of Germany and probably other Countries are laughing at you!!

rightly so...

Laugh coming from the country who PPV'd the epic encounter of Roy Jones Jr v Max Alexander

Who cares what the Germans think, the Kilts arent even German so more fool them. At least our PPV actually involve people from our own country!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 2:40 pm

Like being attacked by a goldfish.....go away.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 2:52 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:

Im pretty sure it was the 1.5 million plus extras that changed Hayes mind. He couldnt care less who he fights if the money is right. Audley Harrison, Chisora, Vitali, whoever.

Explain how Chisora went from being a joke to a perfectly viable contender? Only a few weeks ago literally nobody outside of the two brothers were worthy.

Genuinely surprises me that people believe anything Haye says. Was he willing to fight Vitali? Yes Id say so, if the price was right. But like the time he pulled out of the first Wlad fight, the time he went for Valuev, the time he went for Audley and now the time hes fighting Chisora its risk/reward and money what is the issue, not the opponent.

If K2 supposedly offered a slave contract, which presumably is not the 50/50 contract signed before, then why would Haye claim to have agreed to it?

In my opinion this is basically history repeating itself except with Vitali instead of Wlad.

As soon as the brawl happened I posted here that they would fight. It makes good business sense for that fight to happen plus it serves the public interest. Its a fight the public wanted to see. Haye called Chisora a joke prior to their brawl. The brawl made it less of a joke. You couldn't hype a fight up better than that. Good for them and excellent for boxing. A fight the public genuinely wants to see. Wonderful news.

Its no secret that Haye wants to short circuit the usual route so he talks himself up. Great salesman. And its worked for him before and seems to be working again. You can fool some of the people some of the times....and fool them again it seems.

Haye knows his worth and what he brings to the table as a HW. Controversy and little else. But I believe he will beat Vit (another thread).

I don't know the terms of the contract K2 apparently offered, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a slave type contract. 50/50 is out of the question as Haye doesn't have a belt to bargain with. But he will have the WBC belt after he fights Vit, presuming he beats Chisora which isn't a given.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 May 2012, 2:53 pm

Goldfish Erm

How dare someone post a rebuttal

Sort it out beefster, your the one who needs to go away and think about what you post.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 22 May 2012, 3:02 pm

Your on a British boxing forum, perhaps you should take your own advice.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 3:05 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:

As soon as the brawl happened I posted here that they would fight. It makes good business sense for that fight to happen plus it serves the public interest. Its a fight the public wanted to see. Haye called Chisora a joke prior to their brawl. The brawl made it less of a joke. You couldn't hype a fight up better than that. Good for them and excellent for boxing. A fight the public genuinely wants to see. Wonderful news.

Its no secret that Haye wants to short circuit the usual route so he talks himself up. Great salesman. And its worked for him before and seems to be working again. You can fool some of the people some of the times....and fool them again it seems.

Haye knows his worth and what he brings to the table as a HW. Controversy and little else. But I believe he will beat Vit (another thread).

I don't know the terms of the contract K2 apparently offered, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a slave type contract. 50/50 is out of the question as Haye doesn't have a belt to bargain with. But he will have the WBC belt after he fights Vit, presuming he beats Chisora which isn't a given.

The point is that the brawl presented a much less risky but similarly financially lucrative option for Haye as a fight with Vitali. And hes jumped at it.

Yet he and others would have us beleive once again that its the evil Klitschko empire, the scourge of boxing that are running from the fight and preventing him cleaning up the division when in my opinion the far more likely scenario is that Vitali is happy to fight him and couldnt be less intimidated by him but Chisora now offers a more attractive proposition for Haye.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 3:09 pm

So only British should post on here.... Sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 22 May 2012, 3:16 pm

88Chris05 wrote:This whole 'slave contract' jibe which gets shot towards the Klitschkos confuses me a little.

I'd imagine that a 'slave wage' from a Klitschko would still significantly trump any other purse a Heavyweight would get anywhere else on the current horizon, for starters. Yes, they've been helped by a dearth in quality and depth in the weight class, but the fact is that the Klitschkos have worked their way in to a position of dominance (in all senses) in the Heavyweight division. They can have a tighter grip than the rest of the division on financial matters such as purse splits because they've done the necessary groundwork to put themselves in such a position. Rather than moan about it, the aspiring contenders beneath them should see it as incumbent upon them to try and do the same in the coming years.

Did anyone bemoan the fact that Vitali earned only a fraction of what Lewis did for their fight back in 2003, for instance? The brothers have worked hard to get to a position where they can call the shots.

The idea that they somehow owe a better living to their rivals is ridiculous. Besides, if we go on comparative terms, why should the likes of Haye, Solis, Briggs, Chisora etc be able to command anything other than the proverbial 'slave wage' on the basis of their showings against either brother? The gulf in class is wide, and naturally so will the gap in financial clout.

It's nothing new. Robinson worked every single angle to his advantage in negotiations once he had the Welterweight (and later on the Middleweight) title. However, I don't see anyone throwing accusations which are only one step short of mentioning them in relation to the grassy knoll at him they way the do towards the Klitschkos.

Given that Wladimir gave Haye a 50:50 split, which he simply didn't deserve, I'd say that this portrayal of the Klitschkos as disgracefully hard-nosed and unfair businessmen, cruelly trampling all over the rest of the Heavyweight world with unreasonable demands at the negotiation table, is a little far-fetched.

Isn't the slave contract jibe more with reference to multiple rematch clauses with either brother?

I agree re the pay, if getting 10% of a big big pot is greater than the 50% of your usual small pot I don't think the challenger has much right to argue, however I think any rematch clause other than the straight vanilla sort is poor form.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 3:23 pm

You know Haye has left Boxing with a very negative image!!!!..It's probably hurt his ability to jump into the "arts" with a bang....people probably don't want a loser..

Think about it he wants a career into the arts and he needs a big fight to

1. Give him the right exposure...

2. To make people forget the awful Klit performance..

As it really is only Chisora or Vit that can supply it... and he knows he loses to Vitali........

Chisora is a god send..

Haye is laughing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 3:24 pm

We don't know the terms of the Vit offer. Moreover the chisora fight is a natural. It should happen. Many have accused Haye of not earning and talking his way into a fight. Now he's taking on a fight he's being attacked for not fighting Vit.

I'm not saying that the K2 are running from a fight. I believe they offered him a slave contract and he went for a better one. They know Haye brings $$$$$$$ and loads of it to the table and want some of it. Strickly business.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Haye doesn't bring $$$$$$$

It depends on his opponent...

you don't realise how much stock he lost stinking out Germany..

Haye think he's a superfighter when he's not anymore...

"Slave contract" is a way of saving face..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 3:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haye doesn't bring $$$$$$$

It depends on his opponent...

you don't realise how much stock he lost stinking out Germany..

Haye think he's a superfighter when he's not anymore...

"Slave contract" is a way of saving face..

Who else in the division brings anything other than a fat gut to the table?

How do you know he rejected a supposed contract to save face?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 3:49 pm

Not the point.... the Harrison....and Vlad outings have hurt his popularity and his earning potential..

Vitali and haye is not a superfight mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 May 2012, 3:55 pm

I dont think the Chisora fight is a given. If Chisora survives the scares early on, I think he could pull off an upset. Haye has not got a high workrate, if Chisora is constantly on him, it will be interest to see how Haye deal with this.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 4:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not the point.... the Harrison....and Vlad outings have hurt his popularity and his earning potential..

Vitali and haye is not a superfight mate..

He still brings more than all other heavyweights out there. Who, other than yourself, is saying or insinuating that this is even remotely a superfight?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 4:46 pm

He brings $$$$$$$$$$..........you wrote earlier..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Anyway after wlad.whether you like it or not his stock has dropped big style....

You think he'd sell in Germany???

He's just an other opponent now...in germany

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 5:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He brings $$$$$$$$$$..........you wrote earlier..

Yes he does. Far more than Mormeck, Chisora or whoever else is in the division. But does $$$$$ equate to a superfight?

I've noticed on this site you have the grammar police, the spelling police, and those who put words in other's mouth and argue the point as if the other person said it. For your information, a superfight is a fight between 2 exceptional fighters. Floyd and Pac is the only superfight in boxing today. Understood?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 22 May 2012, 10:22 pm

havent the wbc wiped their hands of both chis and haye?

i guess for the right money they'll look the other way.
it really seems haye wants the vitali fight and vit's people are doing everything they can not to make the fight.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 10:27 pm

OasisBFC wrote:havent the wbc wiped their hands of both chis and haye?

i guess for the right money they'll look the other way.
it really seems haye wants the vitali fight and vit's people are doing everything they can not to make the fight.

Why?

I think its too much of a coincidence that the Vitali fight, agreement, negotiations etc disappeared around the same time Haye was offered a couple of million to fight Chisora.

Like the time when Haye disappeared for a Summer when the Klitschkos were calling him out but arrived back for Miami and the Bahamas a couple of weeks after they had signed new opponents and Audley had recovered from shoulder surgery......

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 22 May 2012, 10:33 pm

haye fought Wlad so he obviously wanted to fight him all along.
he clearly wanted the fight and only didnt sign because of pride over percentages.

vitali's people said they are lining people up for october or there abouts, none of which are haye.

if he'll fight Wlad he'll fight his not-as-good-brother.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 22 May 2012, 10:46 pm

OasisBFC wrote:haye fought Wlad so he obviously wanted to fight him all along.
he clearly wanted the fight and only didnt sign because of pride over percentages.

vitali's people said they are lining people up for october or there abouts, none of which are haye.

He wanted the Wlad fight when it suited him. I dont think he wanted right after he had won the WBA belt because he wanted to earn off that and the Audley fight was basically a money spinner which postponed a Klitschko fight.

I think he wants a Vitali fight only in the context of the money he can earn for it. But as Chisora has shown, if he can make good money elswhere for lower risk, as with Audley, I think hes happy to forgoe a Klitschko fight.

A few weeks after the Chisora brawl Vitali said publically he would fight Haye, they also offered him a fight last year (Haye didnt like the terms).

It wouldnt surprise me that the reason Warren was so unwilling to wait for Chisoras appeal date and rush through with the Chisora/Haye fight at the expense of antagonising the BBBC was because he thought the fight would disappear and Haye would end up fighting Vitali later in the year which would leave the Chisora fight dead.

Now that Haye has got a good offer to fight Chisora hes not too fussed about fighting Vitali although if he beats Chisora I would expect him to start calling out Vitali again.

Theres no reason for Vitali to ever avoid Haye. There nothing Haye has done to earn this avoided, dangerous tag hes put on himself. I dont think it has ever been a case in the past or present that either Klitschkos has had any reservation about fighting Haye no matter what Haye says. Its always been a question of agreeing terms and timing. With a lucrative much lower risk Chisora fight on the table Haye doesnt need a Vitali fight right now like he did before the press conferance - which in my opinion was designed by Haye to build interest in a Vitali fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 22 May 2012, 11:54 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:haye fought Wlad so he obviously wanted to fight him all along.

He wanted the Wlad fight when it suited him. I dont think he wanted right after he had won the WBA belt because he wanted to earn off that and the Audley fight was basically a money spinner which postponed a Klitschko fight.

I think he wants a Vitali fight only in the context of the money he can earn for it. But as Chisora has shown, if he can make good money elswhere for lower risk, as with Audley, I think hes happy to forgoe a Klitschko fight.

A few weeks after the Chisora brawl Vitali said publically he would fight Haye, they also offered him a fight last year (Haye didnt like the terms).

It wouldnt surprise me that the reason Warren was so unwilling to wait for Chisoras appeal date and rush through with the Chisora/Haye fight at the expense of antagonising the BBBC was because he thought the fight would disappear and Haye would end up fighting Vitali later in the year which would leave the Chisora fight dead.

Now that Haye has got a good offer to fight Chisora hes not too fussed about fighting Vitali although if he beats Chisora I would expect him to start calling out Vitali again.

Theres no reason for Vitali to ever avoid Haye. There nothing Haye has done to earn this avoided, dangerous tag hes put on himself. I dont think it has ever been a case in the past or present that either Klitschkos has had any reservation about fighting Haye no matter what Haye says. Its always been a question of agreeing terms and timing. With a lucrative much lower risk Chisora fight on the table Haye doesnt need a Vitali fight right now like he did before the press conferance - which in my opinion was designed by Haye to build interest in a Vitali fight.

Warren made the chisora fight because its an obvious fight to make. Easy to sell and its already been promoted. I doubt Vitali entered into his mind in the manner you're describing.

K2 are playing games as they usually do. They may say they don't need Haye, but simple economics proves otherwise. They want Haye because it will be a bigger fight that against anyone else. And they feel its a low risk high reward after Haye's last performance. Plus Haye seriously pi$$ed them off.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next