The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for?

+15
Union Cane
two_tone
Rowley
Strongback
Adam D
Super D Boon
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Mr Bounce
Atila
azania
Ent
OasisBFC
ShahenshahG
Valero's Conscience
Steffan
19 posters

Go down

Poll

Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Vote_lcap44%Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 24 ]
Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Vote_lcap33%Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 18 ]
Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Vote_lcap16%Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 9 ]
Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Vote_lcap7%Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 55

Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Empty Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for?

Post by Steffan Wed 09 May 2012, 4:47 pm

Vote for who you will (or wont) be cheering for

Regards

Steffan

Last edited by Steffan on Mon 14 May 2012, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Empty Re: Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for?

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 09 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Really not fussed who wins, I like both! Very Happy

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for? Empty Re: Haye v Chisora - Who will you be cheering for?

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 4:59 pm

Prob Chisora if pushed. Couldn't bear another Haye running away from a Klitschko fight and the hype with it.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 09 May 2012, 7:22 pm

im not fussed and would be pleased for chis if he did it, but i'd like to see haye get a crack at vitali (or vitali get a crack at haye).

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 09 May 2012, 10:03 pm

Haye. People hate him for hyping and selling fights but really Chisora is an absolute idiot who behaves disgracefully both around and during fights.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 10:06 pm

Haye. He annoys many here so he can't be all bad. Also a brilliant salesman and knows how to hype a fight.

Also a fan of Derek but his thuggish demeanour is old hat.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 14 May 2012, 3:45 am

I still havnt decided. I want both of them to lose to be honest

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 14 May 2012, 5:07 am

I don't care who wins. I clicked on the "I Wont Be Watching This Outrage" button as that was the closest to how I feel but I'm not outraged.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 14 May 2012, 8:50 am

Much as I don't care for Haye after his mis-selling of the Klitschko fight, I really cannot bear Chisora. So Haye it is.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 14 May 2012, 10:38 am

Both are absolute clowns but Chisora is a fat lump. I can't stand fat heavyweights they are the reason the division is on its knees not the K Bros. I can't stand Haye but at least he can be bothered getting in decent shape.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 14 May 2012, 11:57 am

Gimme a C, gimme an H, gimme an I, gimme an S, gimme an O, gimme an R, gimme a n A !!!!!!! Yahoo

What have you got?!

A complete violent nutcase to be honest but I'd rather him than the slimy git that is David Haye !

Go Del Boy!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 14 May 2012, 12:03 pm

azania wrote:Haye. He annoys many here so he can't be all bad. Also a brilliant salesman and knows how to hype a fight.

Yes it is "old hat" as you say just like David Haye is an excellent "salesman". Both men are in actual fact, true gentlemen outside of the ring. They help out in soup kitchens, care for the elderly discuss how to bring peace in Afghanistan and what we can do to end child poverty and human rights abuses all across the world. Sterling gentlemen they are and their behaviour to sell a fight has no bearing whatsoever on who they are as private individuals, as it is afterall , just an act to sell tickets! tomato

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 14 May 2012, 1:08 pm

The BBBOC!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 14 May 2012, 1:33 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
azania wrote:Haye. He annoys many here so he can't be all bad. Also a brilliant salesman and knows how to hype a fight.

Yes it is "old hat" as you say just like David Haye is an excellent "salesman". Both men are in actual fact, true gentlemen outside of the ring. They help out in soup kitchens, care for the elderly discuss how to bring peace in Afghanistan and what we can do to end child poverty and human rights abuses all across the world. Sterling gentlemen they are and their behaviour to sell a fight has no bearing whatsoever on who they are as private individuals, as it is afterall , just an act to sell tickets! tomato

Ok

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 14 May 2012, 3:05 pm

I'm with Team Chisora on this one.

i think Haye will win though. I'm expecting a boring fight.

There is a good chance I won't watch it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 May 2012, 3:09 pm

Think I will have to abstain, don't care for Haye at all but am not going to cheer on someone who beats up women. However since this one is on boxnation I will not be watching so what do I care either way.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 14 May 2012, 3:17 pm

rowley wrote:Think I will have to abstain, don't care for Haye at all but am not going to cheer on someone who beats up women. However since this one is on boxnation I will not be watching so what do I care either way.

Oh Jeff lighten up will ya! Who do you want to win? Don't pretend you don't care!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 May 2012, 3:18 pm

It is possible not to want either to win, if Wolves were to play West Brom my feelings would be exactly the same.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 4:07 pm

Rowley how many fights do you watch nowadays as you seem to have a problem with a great deal of them lately?

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 May 2012, 4:15 pm

I have stated a problem with two! Watch pretty much everything on Sky or five apart from prizefighter.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 May 2012, 4:18 pm

rowley wrote:It is possible not to want either to win, if Wolves were to play West Brom my feelings would be exactly the same.

Its the same for me when, erm, Gainsborough Trinity play, er Boston United.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 May 2012, 4:20 pm

Union Cane wrote:
rowley wrote:It is possible not to want either to win, if Wolves were to play West Brom my feelings would be exactly the same.

Its the same for me when, erm, Gainsborough Trinity play, er Boston United.

And for us all Union, but I assumed that went without say.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 4:33 pm

Avoiding boxnation wipes you out of a fair few, your choice of course.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 14 May 2012, 4:35 pm

rowley wrote:I have stated a problem with two! Watch pretty much everything on Sky or five apart from prizefighter.

I'm with you on prizefighter mate. That is some horrible TV. Skybet take a lot of money on it though so unfortunately it is here to stay.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 May 2012, 4:43 pm

two_tone wrote:Avoiding boxnation wipes you out of a fair few, your choice of course.

It is a bit limiting but you can't put a price on morals (although in this case the price appears to be £10 a month)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 4:52 pm

Fair enough, is there nothing you do with £10 a month that would be worth swapping though to keep you watching the fights?

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 May 2012, 4:57 pm

My objection is not the money mate, whilst I am not a wealthy man by any stretch I could afford the expenditure but I disagree with the basic premise of the channel and the affect I believe it will have on the sport long term and so refuse to subscribe on those gorunds. However my objections to the channel have been aired on here enough times not to warrant revisiting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 14 May 2012, 5:02 pm

rowley wrote:My objection is not the money mate, whilst I am not a wealthy man by any stretch I could afford the expenditure but I disagree with the basic premise of the channel and the affect I believe it will have on the sport long term and so refuse to subscribe on those gorunds. However my objections to the channel have been aired on here enough times not to warrant revisiting.

That's right mate the sport was buzzing before boxnation came around! Headscratch

SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 5:21 pm

Won't derail the thread any further, for what its worth I will be routing for Chisora and will be watching with interest purely for entertainment value.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 14 May 2012, 7:53 pm

Im slightly curious as to how the fight will be attended by people connected with boxing, past or present, or even those that have careers in the public spotlight. I wonder how much impact the controversy will have, if any, especially with the BBBC putting up such an objection.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 14 May 2012, 8:09 pm

dont realy like either and dont think either will add anything to the heavyweight division. chisora is plain average, while haye has more ability seems unwilling to actually fight any real heavyweight. should have at crusier if he was that scared of the big heavies

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 14 May 2012, 9:35 pm

compelling and rich wrote:dont realy like either and dont think either will add anything to the heavyweight division. chisora is plain average, while haye has more ability seems unwilling to actually fight any real heavyweight. should have at crusier if he was that scared of the big heavies

He fought the best heavyweight around and wanted the 2nd best so that is absolute pish mate.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 15 May 2012, 6:27 am

Even if chisora tries to pull the old West Ham crossed Hammers thing again I'll still be cheering for Haye (Millwall). That in itself sounds filthy to me but they really don't seem to be marketing the fight this way, and rightly so.

If Haye wins this there are good fights for him, I've said that before and I'll stand by it. Povetkin, Adamek, Arreola are all excellent fights for the Hayemaker. Whether or not he chooses to go down that road is doubtful though.

Oh, and I'll be cheering from my seat rather than sign up for Boxnation.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 May 2012, 7:53 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:dont realy like either and dont think either will add anything to the heavyweight division. chisora is plain average, while haye has more ability seems unwilling to actually fight any real heavyweight. should have at crusier if he was that scared of the big heavies

He fought the best heavyweight around and wanted the 2nd best so that is absolute pish mate.

knew someone would take it the wrong way, had no other way than saying fight though as fight indicates a willingness to trade punches. something haye has been petrified of doing against a terrible valuev and wlad. whats the point of stepping up if your too scared of actualy fighting the big heavies. not saying he should be going to war with them, but your only going to beat the valuevs with tactics like his

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 15 May 2012, 8:39 am

I don't think Haye was scared of trading punches with Valuev, more getting to close so he could be leaned on. Valuev has done it time and time again were his opponent tries to trade so he clinches and then leans on them sapping their strength and energy. Hayes tactics while boring were the right ones.

Against Wlad I think Haye believed he could KO him with one punch, however Wlad is very adapt at grabbing hold as soon as he's caught so sadly it was never going to work.

I've gone for Haye, as much as I wanted Chisora to beat Vitali I'd prefer to see Haye challenge for the title against Povetkin if that fight comes off, he has more chance of winning and the history of Chisoras antics (women beaten, biting his opponent etc) far out way the things Haye has done.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 May 2012, 8:47 am

i remember watching the build up before and nearly every expert (apart from jim watt) expected haye to try and get on the inside of wlad to hurt him, to stay at range with wlad was sucide. people say wlad kept haye at range well, but simply because haye was only trying to leap in and out to avoid danger. the only way you were going to get to wlad was constant pressure so that a simple step back isnt enough.

haye hasnt the believe to trade with the bigger guys or the heart of willing to take one to land one. holyfield showed that you need both of these if you are going to be a succesful small heavyweight

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down