The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh

+4
Steffan
88Chris05
manos de piedra
BoxingFan88
8 posters

Go down

Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh Empty Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

Not a lot of talk about this potential cracker on here...

How do you see it going?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh Empty Re: Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh

Post by manos de piedra Mon 23 Apr 2012, 2:25 pm

Got to go with Bellew in this. Im actually a fan of Bellew now. I think he comes across well even if he can get a little worked up during the weigh ins etc. Most of that Liverpool stable seem to be good guys Price, Smith, Mathews etc.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 2:49 pm

Can see Bellew getting through this, probably by a late stoppage. I think running Cleverly a lot closer than most anticipated will put some extra wind in his sails and reaffirm the belief that he's the best of the domestic / European level 175 lb men in the country. McIntosh is a fair fighter but Bellew certainly the more complete and tidy boxer. Might be a little vulnerable early on, much as he was first time out against McKenzie, but after round four or five I see Bellew taking control. TKO in the ninth.

Would still prefer to see him stepping up to Cruiserweight, mind you. I'm a little worried that squeezing himself down to 12 stone 7 will start having a negative effect soon enough.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

Agree with you one hundred percent in that respect, Alma. Not a great deal of money at Cruiserweight, in relative terms of course, and a lack of mouth-watering fights. However, I think Bellew is nigh-on dead at 175 lb, or at least will be as time goes by.

I'd imagine that the road to a world title at Cruiserweight is a much easier one than at Light-Heavy, and I feel he'd be better physically prepared if he stepped up, too. He was a rock-solid fifteen stone in the amateurs, so I just can't shake the feeling that if he continues to campaign at Light-Heavyweight, he may end up doing so at a cost to his body and long-term prospects.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:27 pm

Hopefully McIntosh will win. He is a good guy is Danny. Bellew is just repulsive

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:31 pm

I dont really know how badly Bellew struggles to make the weight for light heavy but as long as its not too much of a demand I would probably prefer to see him develop his game in that division first. His defence is still a bit too leaky for me and hes has been somewhat overly reliant on his power which seems to carry at light heavyweight. At cruiserweight there seems to be some big hitting guys that you cant afford to let tag you, and are probably bigger and more durable than what the light heavyweight division can offer.

Not convinced Bellew would clean up the cruiserweights at the moment but think there is some decent money there if you are willing to fight in Germany. Id just like to see him become a little more rounded as a boxer in the 175 division where its safer first.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 6:54 pm

I didn't like Bellew when he first burst on the scene, he had a loud mouth and was always talking 'smack' at Cleverly. He had terrible performances against Ajisaf and Mckenzie and I was wondering what all the fuss was about. Then I started hearing some interviews away from the sky cameras and he really comes across as a great person. I don't think I have ever totally changed my opinion on a boxer before. Bellew turned me into a fan and I am looking forward to Friday, hoping for his victory.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:26 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I didn't like Bellew when he first burst on the scene, he had a loud mouth and was always talking 'smack' at Cleverly. He had terrible performances against Ajisaf and Mckenzie and I was wondering what all the fuss was about. Then I started hearing some interviews away from the sky cameras and he really comes across as a great person. I don't think I have ever totally changed my opinion on a boxer before. Bellew turned me into a fan and I am looking forward to Friday, hoping for his victory.

Same here. Initially I didnt really like him and thought he was just another loudmouth. But have seen alot more of him since then and whenever hes not in those adrenaline charged situations he comes across as very genuine and much more human. Thought he handled himself after the loss to Cleverly very well also.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:49 pm

I agree Cruiser would be more comfortable for him and he certainly would keep his power...but we already saw what happened when he got caught by a cruiserweight puncher but his heart could perhaps get him through
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 24 Apr 2012, 5:01 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I didn't like Bellew when he first burst on the scene, he had a loud mouth and was always talking 'smack' at Cleverly. He had terrible performances against Ajisaf and Mckenzie and I was wondering what all the fuss was about. Then I started hearing some interviews away from the sky cameras and he really comes across as a great person. I don't think I have ever totally changed my opinion on a boxer before. Bellew turned me into a fan and I am looking forward to Friday, hoping for his victory.

Same here. Initially I didnt really like him and thought he was just another loudmouth. But have seen alot more of him since then and whenever hes not in those adrenaline charged situations he comes across as very genuine and much more human. Thought he handled himself after the loss to Cleverly very well also.

I agree also.

This has the potential to be a barnstormer FOTY candidate.....especially if Mcintosh can land a few bombs early doors.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Apr 2012, 5:24 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Got to go with Bellew in this. Im actually a fan of Bellew now. I think he comes across well even if he can get a little worked up during the weigh ins etc. Most of that Liverpool stable seem to be good guys Price, Smith, Mathews etc.

Me too. Thought he was a mentalist before, but now i really like him. Honest, hard working pro. Bellew by KO after 6 for me

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 24 Apr 2012, 5:46 pm

Yep, agree with most on here. Really like Bellew. He's got enough about him in and out of the ring for me to really look forward to his fights and he rarely lets the fans down. Hope he goes a long way but it's a tough division at the top.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down