The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bellew

+2
Liam_Main
alanqlm
6 posters

Go down

Tony Bellew Empty Tony Bellew

Post by alanqlm Sat 28 May 2011, 9:17 am

Anybody else starting to warm to Tony Bellew? Ok he comes across as a bit of a chavvy scumbag but he sure wants to fight.
First off willing to take the Clev bout at such short notice (ok it was a great opportunity), but then also keeping his date with Ovill McKenzie.
With an almost guaranteed title fight in the offing, surely you couldn't of blamed him for pulling out of the McKenzie bout. Alot of other fighters would of.

Think its very refreshing seeing a young prospect just willing to fight anytime against anybody.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew Empty Re: Tony Bellew

Post by Liam_Main Sat 28 May 2011, 9:29 am

I respect Tony Bellew for willing to take on Cleverly but what I don't respect is him shouting his mouth at Cleverly acting all the hard man.

In the ring decent fighter with a bright future but outside of the ring he comes across a school boy bully.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 28 May 2011, 11:01 am

I respect Tony Bellew for willing to take on Cleverly but what I don't respect is him shouting his mouth at Cleverly acting all the hard man.

In the ring decent fighter with a bright future but outside of the ring he comes across a school boy bully
'I'll take you outside now', 'Your a Bum', There Cleverly's words not Bellew's, he was just as bad as Bellew and bit a lot more than Bellew did. Let's not be daft, he's no bully, met him before as well, good guy, not as good as Cleverly though.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 28 May 2011, 11:13 am

I've never liked Bellew since the first Mckenzie first. He gave it all the talk about how he was gonna destroy Mckenzie in a few rounds and how good he was but then got his bum handed too him in the first few rounds and was lucky for it not too get stopped.

He was looking past that fight something that almost cost him.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 28 May 2011, 11:19 am

well he wasnt really lucky it never got stopped was he because when McKenzie tasted his power he couldn't deal with it. It is worrying a fighter as limited as McKenzie is can drop Bellew twice though

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 28 May 2011, 11:35 am

McKenzie has power so it didn't really surprise me too much.

Be interesting to see in there 2nd fight if Bellew goes to war with McKenzie or just trys to get past the early onslaught.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Sat 28 May 2011, 4:29 pm

I agree Steven, have lso met Bellew and he seemed a nice normal lad to me, I also enjoyed the press conference to be honest! and like you say he was only responding to Clev's taunts, stood up for himself.

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Sat 28 May 2011, 4:35 pm

alanqlm wrote:Anybody else starting to warm to Tony Bellew? Ok he comes across as a bit of a chavvy scumbag but he sure wants to fight.

Sounds about right..

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 28 May 2011, 5:09 pm

I'm a big Bellew fan he has decent ability and good power, he is vulnerable which makes him entertaining to watch. The stuff that went on in the press conference with Clev both both were just as guilty as each other. Chavvy scumbag is a poor statement he is a passionate guy who loves to fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sun 29 May 2011, 4:35 am

Please note I said He comes across as a chavvy scum bag, not exactly saying he is one.
As said Im beginning to develop a liking for him, ok I never think he will be World Class, but would like him to prove me wrong as he seems to have a fight all comers attitude that alot of top fighters seem to lack.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 May 2011, 1:45 pm

alanqlm wrote:Please note I said He comes across as a chavvy scum bag, not exactly saying he is one.
As said Im beginning to develop a liking for him, ok I never think he will be World Class, but would like him to prove me wrong as he seems to have a fight all comers attitude that alot of top fighters seem to lack.

I agree with that he comes across as if he would take on anyone, anywhere. Lot of heart and seems to just love a good scrap. Guys like him are great for TV.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down