The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh promo video 'The Big Bang'

+5
Soldier_Of_Fortune
BoxingFan88
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Steffan
sbrown
9 posters

Go down

Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh promo video 'The Big Bang' Empty Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh promo video 'The Big Bang'

Post by sbrown Mon 20 Feb - 20:53

Decent promo video for the April 14th British title fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7PcUPhDhJU&feature=g-all-u&context=G237a297FAAAAAAAAAAA

sbrown

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh promo video 'The Big Bang' Empty Re: Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh promo video 'The Big Bang'

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb - 20:56

Hope McIntosh gives him a pasting

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh promo video 'The Big Bang' Empty Re: Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh promo video 'The Big Bang'

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 20 Feb - 21:57

Just like Cleverly was going to? Laugh

Maybe if Tony wins this Cleverly will grow some balls and give him a rematch instead of fighting for pennies against a bum in front of a handful of people.

Bellew will walk through McIntosh inside 6 rounds he's better than most people gave him thought with the exception of me of course. Very Happy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb - 22:07

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Maybe if Tony wins this Cleverly will grow some balls and give him a rematch instead of fighting for pennies against a bum in front of a handful of people
How much is Cleverly getting paid then for you to class as 'Pennies'

Im going to the fight. The Motopoint arena holds about 5000. Its nearly sold out. I wouldnt say that is a 'handful'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 20 Feb - 22:11

Steffan wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Maybe if Tony wins this Cleverly will grow some balls and give him a rematch instead of fighting for pennies against a bum in front of a handful of people
How much is Cleverly getting paid then for you to class as 'Pennies'

Im going to the fight. The Motopoint arena holds about 5000. Its nearly sold out. I wouldnt say that is a 'handful'

You need to pay Karpecy for coming over and boxnation give the fighters pennies as TV money. Cleverly then needs to pay his sanctioning fee to the WBO and his training costs. Him and Bellew would have made more money. The ECHO arena holds almost 12,000 and it would sell out. Bellew deserves a rematch he should probably be the champion.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb - 22:13

Its ok there is no need to justify it all. Youve already stated how you feel about Cleverly and Calzaghe etc. I get the picture

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 20 Feb - 22:16

This has nothing to do with my dislike of Cleverly. This is about the fact that Tony Bellew a man who was supposedly not in Cleverly's class imo winning a close fight against Cleverly. Then Cleverly ducks him and fights some bum form America with a padded record.

Funny you would mention Calzaghe because all this rings a bell.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb - 22:21

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:This has nothing to do with my dislike of Cleverly. This is about the fact that Tony Bellew a man who was supposedly not in Cleverly's class imo winning a close fight against Cleverly. Then Cleverly ducks him and fights some bum form America with a padded record

Cleverly won the fight. Not one judge had Bellew winning the fight. Two had Cleverly by wide margins. One had it a draw

Even if it was a close fight...are you saying every close fight should be rematched straight away?

I suppose Groves is ducking DeGale by fighting Anderson...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 20 Feb - 22:24

Steffan wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:This has nothing to do with my dislike of Cleverly. This is about the fact that Tony Bellew a man who was supposedly not in Cleverly's class imo winning a close fight against Cleverly. Then Cleverly ducks him and fights some bum form America with a padded record

Cleverly won the fight. Not one judge had Bellew winning the fight. Two had Cleverly by wide margins. One had it a draw

Even if it was a close fight...are you saying every close fight should be rematched straight away?

Many people though Bellew won the fight we all know judges aren't very reliable especially British ones. Groves isn't ducking DeGale he's playing games the same way Degale would have if he had won the fight in the same manner.

Bellew deserves a rematch so why fight a lesser fighter for less money?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb - 22:26

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Bellew deserves a rematch
In your opinion. Most people I speak to say a rematch would be pointless (for the moment anyway) and Cleverly would win much easier next time

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 20 Feb - 22:27

Steffan wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Bellew deserves a rematch
In your opinion. Most people I speak to say a rematch would be pointless (for the moment anyway) and Cleverly would win much easier next time

Who says that Welsh people?

I'm impartial. An Englishman and a Welshman fighting I have no allegiance you do so you are biased.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb - 22:35

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Who says that Welsh people?
People on boxing forums

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I'm impartial. An Englishman and a Welshman fighting I have no allegiance you do so you are biased
Maybe I am a bit biased. But biased or not...I would rather these pair rematched a bit futher down the line if they did

Suggesting Cleverly is ducking him is ridiculous although I must admit your attempt at baiting me on a thread that wasnt even about Cleverly worked very well mate OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 20 Feb - 22:40

Steffan wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Who says that Welsh people?
People on boxing forums

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I'm impartial. An Englishman and a Welshman fighting I have no allegiance you do so you are biased
Maybe I am a bit biased. But biased or not...I would rather these pair rematched a bit futher down the line if they did

Suggesting Cleverly is ducking him is ridiculous although I must admit your attempt at baiting me on a thread that wasnt even about Cleverly worked very well mate OK

Mate I couldn't resist. Very Happy

Hopefully they will fight down the line it was a cracking fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb - 23:00

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Mate I couldn't resist. Very Happy

Hopefully they will fight down the line it was a cracking fight
Lets hope McIntosh gives him a good beating and we dont need it Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 20 Feb - 23:07

No one thought Bellew won, even Bellew said he lost......

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 20 Feb - 23:12

BoxingFan88 wrote:No one thought Bellew won, even Bellew said he lost......

Bellew said he thought he won the fight and plenty of people though it was a close fight that could have gone either way by a round or two. That warrants a rematch but like Steffan said down the line would be fine.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Feb - 9:44

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Many people though Bellew won the fight we all know judges aren't very reliable especially British ones. Groves isn't ducking DeGale he's playing games the same way Degale would have if he had won the fight in the same manner.

Bellew deserves a rematch so why fight a lesser fighter for less money?

Here Here clap

Cos Cleverly was actually involved in a fight for a change so wants to fight a can for a easy fight. Loser

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 21 Feb - 13:38

If you don't fight a top 10 challenger within 12 months you should be stripped as you clearly aren't deserving of the moniker - World Champion.

Not exactly a tough test when for the crummy WBO that means:

Sukhotsky
Kamoko
Pownceby
Krasniqi
Gutknecht

to name just the top 5!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew v Danny McIntosh promo video 'The Big Bang' Empty McIntosh expects "torrid battle" with Bellew

Post by Coldwell Boxing Tue 21 Feb - 14:02

Danny McIntosh makes no bones about it. When he takes on British light heavyweight champion Tony Bellew on April 14th at the Echo Arena in Liverpool it's a case of all or nothing for him.

Speaking exclusively to coldwellboxing.com, the 31-year old may be coming into this showdown on the back of a defeat. But in losing his European crown to Edward Gutknecht in May of last year, 'Big Mac' was keen to explain the reasons that contributed to his defeat.

"Before I fought Gutknecht I was up and down to Sheffield for a while because a mate of mine had died. I was also half a stone overweight which is unacceptable... I should have pulled out."

The fight against Bellew presents the perfect opportunity for the 13-2 (7) fighter to get back, to not only domestic level but perhaps getting him closer to another crack at WBO champion Nathan Cleverly, who McIntosh lost to back in 2009.

"I'm looking at Tony as a stepping stone. He's looking for a rematch with Cleverly but so am I," he explained.

McIntosh predicts to a "torrid battle" against Bellew but the Norfolk native is not prepared to leave the result in the hands of the judges.

"Listen, he's gonna get stopped," insisted McIntosh.

"He throws more punches than me but whether or not he connects is another thing.

Bellew brings a hell of a lot of power, he also fought Cleverly and nearly beat him but I can't say he's got a lot more experience. He brings a lot of will and as I said, a lot of power, but he's getting stopped."

When speaking to McIntosh it was detectable in his voice and attitude that he's not willing to go backwards in his career should he not emerge victorious on April 14th. Despite only having had 15 fights in a seven year professional career he's treating this as his last chance saloon.

"This is for the British title. Everything's going into this fight. I'm not gonna get many more chances because no-one's gonna want to fight a guy like me that can punch the way I do."

And as he recalled his greatest victory to date, when beating Thierry Karl in France at the beginning of last year, McIntosh said that he'll be bringing every positive from that night into his clash with Bellew.

"I thought in my head I wasn't going to win the fight. I had the flu during training camp so I thought it was going to be a good pay day and nothing else

Two days before the fight I stopped sweating, feeling ill and I knew then I could win the fight. And as soon as I got to the weigh-in I got to him psychologically and I knew I had him. I can use all of that in this fight. I know how to overcome the odds."

Coldwell Boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 21 Feb - 14:07

Bellew deserves a rematch with Clev, though not in Liverpool this time. Clev made the trip down last time and beat him in front of his own crowd, now the least they ought to do is fight on neutral ground if not in Cardiff.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 21 Feb - 14:09

No he didn't he said Cleverly threw more punches and won based on that. He has also given interviews to amateur boxing pudits and said he lost.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Feb - 14:35

Knowsit17 wrote:Bellew deserves a rematch with Clev, though not in Liverpool this time. Clev made the trip down last time and beat him in front of his own crowd, now the least they ought to do is fight on neutral ground if not in Cardiff.

Isnt there any big venues in the Cefn Fforrest?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 21 Feb - 14:49

TopHat24/7 wrote:If you don't fight a top 10 challenger within 12 months you should be stripped as you clearly aren't deserving of the moniker - World Champion.

Not exactly a tough test when for the crummy WBO that means:

Sukhotsky
Kamoko
Pownceby
Krasniqi
Gutknecht

to name just the top 5!

Spot on.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down