The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ljubicic likely to serve on the ATP Board

3 posters

Go down

Ljubicic likely to serve on the ATP Board Empty Ljubicic likely to serve on the ATP Board

Post by time please Fri 20 Apr 2012, 6:53 pm

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE-Tennis/DEUCE-Australian-Open-2012/Ivan-Ljubicic.aspx

Great article about Looby. Already a former rep on the Players' Council, I hadn't realised that he had already had a place on the main board in 2008 an experience which he says taught him a great deal because he had to consider tournament needs and the marketing of the game.

He also talks about the need to constantly re examine court speeds and ball size and how it affects the variety of the tour. I like what he has to say about the need of the ATP to look towards the future and not just to sit back on its laurels and feel like the fedalovic ride will go on forever."

"Now, as an elder statesman, Ljubicic can take a step back and view the sport as a whole. “As long as the top four guys are out there, obviously the game is in great shape,” he says. “But the ATP must be preparing for the day when world super stars like Roger and Rafa are no longer around. Hopefully Novak and Andy Murray will continue for a long time yet but we need to be thinking about the future now.”

time please

Back to top Go down

Ljubicic likely to serve on the ATP Board Empty Re: Ljubicic likely to serve on the ATP Board

Post by lydian Fri 20 Apr 2012, 8:07 pm

Nice article, I hope Luber continues to serve the ATP as well as he has done as he's got a great temperament, is well liked and cuts across the tennis pro spectrum. Let's hope they see some sense soon and speed the courts up before the SHBH becomes rarer than a panda.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Ljubicic likely to serve on the ATP Board Empty Re: Ljubicic likely to serve on the ATP Board

Post by laverfan Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:45 pm

I do not have much faith in the court speed thing. If ATP let S&V die, why not let the SHBH too. I will just cherish my recordings. Lydian can continue his SHBH exploits too.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:45 pm

Indeed LF...there is no way I'll ever revert to a SHBH!
One day they'll look back at Gasquet, et al, and think what a shame...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down