The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle

+5
Josiah Maiestas
JuliusHMarx
reckoner
lydian
hawkeye
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle Empty Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle

Post by hawkeye Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:53 am

Or should it be Federer, Ljubicic and Nadal: The love triangle?

Ivan Ljubicic has recently retired from the ATP tour. He stood for but failed in his bid to be elected as president of the ATP board. In this emotional outburst he explains how he doesn't think Rafa did anything to prevent him being elected (!?). But then he lets slip what his real worries are. He is Rogers best friend not Rafa. Rafa may have tried with his wicked ways to win Rogers heart but it wont work.

Ljubicic vs Rafael Nadal: Rafael continues to hinder me. Maybe it´s jealousy of my relationship with Roger Federer...

"I know that Nadal has not done anything against me to prevent me to play that role. He has never spoken to me directly. He has since resigned from the Council but is continuing to send out his favorites and does so with even more power. I do not know what I did wrong. Perhaps it is because in 2006 I said I wanted Federer to be the winner at Roland Garros. If this is the source of much evil, I do not regret something that I said I'm proud indeed. Or maybe he is annoyed that I have a great friendship with Roger."

When it was put to Ljubicic that Rafa has a good relationship with Roger too. Ljubicic had this to say

"They all tell stories. They meet a lot, but certainly would never have dinner together, not as friends."

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Ljubicic-vs-Rafael-Nadal-Rafael-continues-to-hinder-me-Maybe-its-jealousy-of-my-relationship-with-Roger-Federer-articolo4935.html

I can understand Ljubicic's anxiety. Now that he's retired his chances of having dinner with Roger must have diminished. Roger is a popular guy and Rafa can be quite charming. They could end up having dinner together... maybe at the Olympics? What should they tell Ivan?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle Empty Re: Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 9:06 am

For once Hawky I am going to credit you for actually taking time out from your obsession from Murray and those associated thumbsup

Now in regards to Ljubicic. Best friend of Roger it seems a bit of an elevated status. Seems strange that he states he thinks Nadal done nothing to prevent him from getting the role and yet bashes him for not speaking to him?

Just a bizarre interview Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle Empty Re: Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:16 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:For once Hawky I am going to credit you for actually taking time out from your obsession from Murray and those associated Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle 732107

Now in regards to Ljubicic. Best friend of Roger it seems a bit of an elevated status. Seems strange that he states he thinks Nadal done nothing to prevent him from getting the role and yet bashes him for not speaking to him?

Just a bizarre interview Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle 3187153522

Yes, and with due respect to you both, must we waste time on trivia, interesting though it may be, when there's more urgent and relevant nadal issues to (re)consider just before the Olympics? http://blogs.bettor.com/Rafael-Nadal-fighting-against-time-to-recover-for-Olympics-Tennis-News-a171732 Shocked

What are the true implications of Nadal's statement he made couple days ago: "I am the one who is most worried"? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:23 am

CommonSense wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:For once Hawky I am going to credit you for actually taking time out from your obsession from Murray and those associated Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle 732107

Just a bizarre interview Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle 3187153522

Yes, and with due respect to you both, must we waste time on trivia, interesting though it may be, when there's more urgent and relevant nadal issues to (re)consider just before the Olympics? http://blogs.bettor.com/Rafael-Nadal-fighting-against-time-to-recover-for-Olympics-Tennis-News-a171732 Shocked

What are the true implications of Nadal's statement he made couple days ago: "I am the one who is most worried"? Crying or Very sad

The sceptics out there won't believe a word of it.

For me the equation is simple. If your injured and play on, you risk further injury he could miss the US hardcourt season.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:39 am

Nadal has had problems with his knees since he was 14 years old...its no wonder its a perennial problem and hence worry for him.

As LK says if he feels he's fit he'll play, if not then he'll skip to HC season...he's already won Gold before so its not exactly a biggy for him other than being involved and representing Spanish sport - which for him is probably a very high driver for being there.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:53 am

LK, you can only cry wolf so many times. Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle 810156456

IMO, he's not worried about any non-existent injuries. He's scared of the Olympic anti-doping campaign. They've hired an extra 1000+ staffer to assist with drug testing. I believe this is an unprecedented exercise in sports history. If nadal doesn't think he's going to survive the drug test or feels he will be too stressed to focus on winning, he will pull out.

lydian, you've misrepresented what LK says. Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle 3497602689 You totally missed his point. I'll let him sort that out. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:58 am

IMO, he's not worried about any non-existent injuries. He's scared of the Olympic anti-doping campaign. They've hired an extra 1000+ staffer to assist with drug testing. I believe this is an unprecedented exercise in sports history. If nadal doesn't think he's going to survive the drug test or feels he will be too stressed to focus on winning, he will pull out.

So if other players pull out, are we to assume the same thing? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:00 am

Mayer and Fish are not playing due to 'injury'

Are they hiding something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:25 am

No. We put their history in perspective.

Have either Mayer or Fish been fined for officially breaking the rules? Nadal has, for on-court coaching. Trouble is that once a kid is caught with his hands in the candy jar, he'll have a very hard time re-establishing credibility.

Am I right that Mayer or Fish has virtually no history of unsportsmanlike (mis)conduct? When one's record is as tainted as in Nadal's case, it invites further speculations and suspicion, unfortunately. Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic: The Love Triangle 484478

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:26 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Mayer and Fish are not playing due to 'injury'

Are they hiding something?

Fish had heart surgery recently so it's a bit low to drag his name into this.

Mayer? Definitely hiding something, how many other players are known for their "jumping backhand dropshots"???

By the way my entire street received personally signed cards from Rafa warning us that he might be a bit hungover after the Olympics if he decides to go drinking in Camden. If there'd been a return address on the envelope I would have told him to avoid The Enterprise (worst pub ever).

If only other tennis stars were so considerate!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

And it not's low to drag someone in who has never tested positive to any drug tests?

Have either Mayer or Fish been fined for officially breaking the rules? Nadal has, for on-court coaching. Trouble is that once a kid is caught with his hands in the candy jar, he'll have a very hard time re-establishing credibility.

Am I right that Mayer or Fish has virtually no history of unsportsmanlike (mis)conduct? When one's record is as tainted as in Nadal's case, it invites further speculations and suspicion, unfortunately.

So the fact he has carried out unsportsmanlike conduct on the courts makes him a drugs cheat?

I shall conclude by that logic that thiefs will carry out murder and r***. Ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:51 am

I think we need an 'allegedly' in here somewhere.

The Enterprise (allegedly worst pub ever).
Sorted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

I'm not dragging anyone into anything and answering a question with a question doesn't change the fact that you are being base
here. Whistle

legendkillarV2 wrote:And it not's low to drag someone in who has never tested positive to any drug tests?

Am I right that Mayer or Fish has virtually no history of unsportsmanlike (mis)conduct? When one's record is as tainted as in Nadal's case, it invites further speculations and suspicion, unfortunately.

So the fact he has carried out unsportsmanlike conduct on the courts makes him a drugs cheat?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I think we need an 'allegedly' in here somewhere.

The Enterprise (allegedly worst pub ever).
Sorted.

Seriously if you've been you'd understand the horror...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:56 am

Bias?

How. Someone brings someone's name into 'drug taking' based on the notion someone will pull out 'injured' therefore as other players have pulled out injured they by the same merit need to be asked the same question.

Fish had heart surgery, but managed to play a BO5 tournament. Not the best idea if coming back from such a procedure.

We are talking open fairness are we not? If by your suggestion that it is ok for Nadal to be considered and not Fish shows a bias OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:57 am

Also I will give the Enterprise a wide berth Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:00 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Also I will give the Enterprise a wide berth Very Happy

Make it so picard

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:06 pm

CommonSense wrote:lydian, you've misrepresented what LK says.
I dont think so.
You're the one misrepresenting Nadal's intentions before they've even happened!
We know your smearing views on Nadal, you've said them often enough - "he represents the biggest fraud in tennis history" as you once said.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Bias?

Not bias - base - as in below your usual lofty standard of debate, on this occasion.

Bar du Musee in Westminster is another one to avoid - £4.80 for a drab pint of Amstel (allegedly).

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:25 pm

£4.80? vomit

You need to get yourself "oop" north reckoner!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:30 pm

How. Someone brings someone's name into 'drug taking' based on the notion someone will pull out 'injured' therefore as other players have pulled out injured they by the same merit need to be asked the same question.

Fish had heart surgery, but managed to play a BO5 tournament. Not the best idea if coming back from such a procedure.

We are talking open fairness are we not? If by your suggestion that it is ok for Nadal to be considered and not Fish shows a bias OK
Did you watch the BBC 3 program last night?

I honestly think your knowledge on performance enhancers is below Murray's knowledge of winning slam finals!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:32 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:

I honestly think your knowledge on performance enhancers is below Murray's knowledge of winning slam finals!

Is that because I don't join the player bashing brigade you cruise on? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:33 pm

lydian wrote:£4.80? vomit

Aye, I miss Edinburgh lydian! Was never short of reasonably priced tasty beer up there - though friends tell me times have changed - some sort of plague of style bars apparently.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:35 pm

reckoner wrote:

Aye, I miss Edinburgh lydian! Was never short of reasonably priced tasty beer up there - though friends tell me times have changed - some sort of plague of style bars apparently.

Some of the prices down here make your eyes water. I remember a mate being charged £4.20 for Carling. Would've been much cheaper if he drunk his own urine!

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:37 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:

I'd love to hear a realistic explanation on Nadal's change of physique during the change from hardcourt to clay court!

A good answer to this would put my mind at rest.

Reminds me of Ben Johnson!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:39 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
reckoner wrote:

Some of the prices down here make your eyes water. I remember a mate being charged £4.20 for Carling. Would've been much cheaper if he drunk his own urine!

That's ridiulous - £4.20 for a Carling! where was this? I need to add it to my blacklist...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:41 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:And it not's low to drag someone in who has never tested positive to any drug tests?

Am I right that Mayer or Fish has virtually no history of unsportsmanlike (mis)conduct?

In my eyes plagiarism is a crime Laugh

So we'll have to assume such criminals are on steroids too laughing

Anyway CS why aren't you posting on JAWUM haven? Just try not to plagurise from there Smile

BTW didn't Adam D decide to ban this discussion, for libel ?

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:44 pm

Tsk, libel? What libel?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:45 pm

Dunno man ask that Adam D chap .

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:46 pm

Do you realy think tennis players legal representatives are trawling every single forum on the internet ready to pounce?

Imagine the awesome publicity they'd get when trying to sue tennis fans!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm

Lol inbox that to Julius Smile

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:48 pm

Opinions expressed are solely of individual posters and in no way reflect the position of 606v2 Ltd. Please please don't sue us - we don't have any money anyway!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:

I'd love to hear a realistic explanation on Nadal's change of physique during the change from hardcourt to clay court!

A good answer to this would put my mind at rest.

Reminds me of Ben Johnson!

Right so from my actual knowledge of chemistry and biology and nutrition you are telling me that it is nigh on impossible for someone to gain weight in muscle mass in a 4 month period? Andy Murray gained 9lbs of muscle in 2 months! You do know that all 'supplements' are not banned right?

I am amazed that you put any physical change down to drugs. Stunning thinking!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

BTW there was no libel.

CS did actually word her opinion as 'I am of the opinion'

So the site itself with that comment would not be held responsible as it is the view of the individual and not the site

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:01 pm

reckoner wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
reckoner wrote:

That's ridiulous - £4.20 for a Carling! where was this? I need to add it to my blacklist...

Place called the Standard. Has the worst toilets I have ever known!

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:05 pm

So you cannot give an explanation, instead you try and twist what i've wrote like a politician!

How does Nadal's fitness/stamina/aggression change so much from US hard courts to European claycourts?

Cause it takes more than diet!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:09 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:So you cannot give an explanation, instead you try and twist what i've wrote like a politician!

How does Nadal's fitness/stamina/aggression change so much from US hard courts to European claycourts?

Like to see how you are going to prove that one.

You do know Nadal passed a drug test in February this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:14 pm

i post there and i aint a wum but i do like winegums

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:So you cannot give an explanation, instead you try and twist what i've wrote like a politician!

Ben Johnson would have passed his test at the Seoul Olympics until the whistle blower got greedy and wanted more money!

You are one of those who wants proof of doping, but I want proof that they aren't doping.

Enjoy your day!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:19 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:

Ben Johnson would have passed his test at the Seoul Olympics until the whistle blower got greedy and wanted more money!

You are one of those who wants proof of doping, but I want proof that they aren't doping.

Enjoy your day!

How about the same day Rafa was tested Dimitar Kutrovsky was tested and he was found to have tested positive for methylhexaneamine.

I want proof your not doping. Infact I want proof that every single poster on this website is not doping to satisfy your needs. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

LK, I will send you my urine sample. Check your post tomorrow for a rather soggy brown paper package.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:28 pm

I don't have any stamps, could I just go through the letterbox?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:28 pm

Wait... what counts as doping on this forum?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

By all means.

I shall go urinate on the wall outside. If the sample crawls up the wall then yes I am dope cheat.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:30 pm

What if the sample only climbs up the wall during the clay season?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

Then don't drink from Spanish water Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

reckoner wrote:What if the sample only climbs up the wall during the clay season?

Then don't drink it if you're planning to enter the Tour de France.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

Hmm in that case I might pass! EPIC WIN!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
reckoner wrote:What if the sample only climbs up the wall during the clay season?

Then don't drink it if you're planning to enter the Tour de France.

Et tu Julius?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 18 Jul 2012, 4:27 pm

Huh! I take the time to write an article about politics, love, friendship, two multi slam winning all time greats and Ivan Ljubicic. This involved extensive research, meticulous links to a relevant source and original quotes. I then added my own interpretation of the data...

And the only mention of the actual article is from my good friend legendkillarV2 (cough). It then gets used as a springboard for the usual repetitive and boring ranting about everyones favourite player. Thanks a lot CommonSense...

In future I will be more succinct...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next