The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer Ljubicic interview

+2
Henman Bill
LuvSports!
6 posters

Go down

Federer Ljubicic interview Empty Federer Ljubicic interview

Post by LuvSports! Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 am

Not sure if this has been posted before but I found this and found it very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5LgTbZEznE
Enjoy!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Federer Ljubicic interview Empty Re: Federer Ljubicic interview

Post by Henman Bill Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:52 am

Very good actually, smart questios Ljubicic asked Federer, long though, 24 minutes.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:16 am

enjoyed that, I do sometimes feel Federer rarely uses tactics. His game is so overwhelming that most of the time it doesn't matter what the other guy does because he cant stop Federer. Thats why when Ivan asked what tactics Federer used I think he struggled, I honestly think he went into matches during his peak thinking "I'm just better than you, it doesn't matter what you do"

I dont think managers tell Ronaldo or Messi what to do or how to do it, they just say go out there and do your thing. I think the same applied for Federer

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:20 am

I'm convinced there's a lot in what you say CAS.

We're talking about a guy who at his best came through three full seasons of intensive tour play with a W/L match record of 247-15.

Such figures represent a period of quite remarkable dominance.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm

@Lags... It is a remarkable career and not over yet. He looked very relaxed throughout. Very comfortable with his peers as well.

McEnroe's 1983-85, with a stellar '84 82-3 season (1983 - 63-11, 1984 - 82-3 and 1985 - 71-9) is at 216 - 23.

Not very certain, if Nadal can hang on and keep winning, to add to 61-3, till the beginning of 2014.

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGMvOOaKwTo

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:16 am

Roger's weakness has always been his god given talent. It's very hard to play 100% instinctively for 5 years, win a dozen a majors and suddenly have to start thinking about tactics - because you have some smarter rivals

I'll be honest, half his defeats could have been avoided against Andy, if he'd just thought more about what he was trying to do

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:35 am

I often think that Banbro. When he plays people he doesn't seem to take in their strengths and weaknesses, he just goes where he wants. Everyone who plays Roger knows to avoid the forehand as much as you can or at least drive hard into it, however when Federer plays Murray, Delpo, Nadal, Djokovic it amazes me how often he goes into their best shots, he seems to have no fear because he thinks he can handle anything. That was probably true 03-07 but now he's slower and less consistent he can't do what he wants anymore IMO.

I remember a quote from I think it was Agassi saying when he watched Federer vs Lopez he said "Lopez's forehand is considerably better than his backhand, but you would have thought Federer didn't know that, he went where he wanted when he wanted" was testament of how superior he was to everyone

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down