The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Does Everyone Fall At Nadals Feet?

+8
noleisthebest
kemet
djlovesyou
Super D Boon
Josiah Maiestas
Positively 4th Street
Chydremion
hawkeye
12 posters

Go down

Why Does Everyone Fall At Nadals Feet? Empty Why Does Everyone Fall At Nadals Feet?

Post by hawkeye Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 14:12

Why does Rafa get everything he wants? Has he got a silver tongue or imense political skills? Is he a threatening presence and everyone is scared of him? Or is he just so pretty he only has to bat his eyelids to get everyone to fall at his feet?

Having studied the various articles on 606v2 I have discovered that tournaments throughout the world are digging up courts and replacing them with ones that get the approval of this one player. Nadal also gets to hand pick the draw. How is that fair to the other players? Also when it comes to the schedule Nadal not only gets to choose the court but also the time he has to play. I suspect he may even be responsible for ensuring his opponants always play at an unpopular time on an outside court. Once the match starts umpires let him do as he pleases. Like everone else they are under his spell...

How has this been allowed to happen?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Why Does Everyone Fall At Nadals Feet? Empty Re: Why Does Everyone Fall At Nadals Feet?

Post by Chydremion Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 18:43

Everyone falls at his feet because he has great ha.. erm charisma.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Why Does Everyone Fall At Nadals Feet? Empty Re: Why Does Everyone Fall At Nadals Feet?

Post by Positively 4th Street Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 21:03

I can think of a few posters on here who are certainly impervious to his charms!

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 12:53

He will get the umpires sacked if they ever dare impose the rules on him.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 13:17

I fell at Nadals feet once.

I called an MTO and it worked wonders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 13:51

Does anyone remember Jewel_of_East?

He worshiped Nadal. I think he had Nadal quilt covers, Nadal socks, Nadal pants, Nadal wallpaper and sundry Nadal merchandise.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 18:30

The court thing is not really a case of 'falling at Nadal's feet'.

Tournaments wanted to cash in on a bit of Federer vs Nadal action, as this was (still is) the big ticket draw.

When courts were playing fast, Nadal would invariably be no competition for Federer and more often than not, not get to the later stages. So they had to slow things down to get a slice of the fun. So it's not really to help Nadal per se, but to ensure a better chance of the big final.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 14:43

So it's not really to help Nadal per se, but to ensure a better chance of the big final.
Trouble is its just a match of unforced errors now, the tradition of tennis is not alive, players do not have to go to the net on any surface.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 17:58

Super D Boon wrote:Does anyone remember Jewel_of_East?

He worshiped Nadal. I think he had Nadal quilt covers, Nadal socks, Nadal pants, Nadal wallpaper and sundry Nadal merchandise.

Jewell_of_East, he-who-must-not-be-named Very Happy I remember mentioning his name on a thread a couple of months back and receiving no response. I felt as if I was talking to myself.

Jewell_of_East was the Last of the Great WUMS, who managed a craft an ostensibly cogent argument that Roger Federer was one-dimensional and could not volley. I was engaged in many a battle with him (or her).

As for his worship of Nadal, I think he is really more anti-Federer than pro-Nadal.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 18:03

kemet wrote:

Jewell_of_East, he-who-must-not-be-named Very Happy I remember mentioning his name on a thread a couple of months back and receiving no response. I felt as if I was talking to myself.

Jewell_of_East was the Last of the Great WUMS, who managed a craft an ostensibly cogent argument that Roger Federer was one-dimensional and could not volley. I was engaged in many a battle with him (or her).

As for his worship of Nadal, I think he is really more anti-Federer than pro-Nadal.

Jewel was no WUM, she was a genuine Nadal fan. I believe she traded under several other names incl a few variants on Fantastic Bing Ting. Stephanel etc.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 18:20

noleisthebest wrote:
kemet wrote:

Jewel was no WUM, she was a genuine Nadal fan. I believe she traded under several other names incl a few variants on Fantastic Bing Ting. Stephanel etc.

Jewell was a female? Who would have thought? Me and my chauvinistic tendencies...

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 18:30

noleisthebest wrote:
kemet wrote:

Pity she isn't still around - maybe the likes of hawkeye could then learn how to post some "decent" rubbish lol

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 18:40

sportslover wrote:

Pity she isn't still around - maybe the likes of hawkeye could then learn how to post some "decent" rubbish lol

Yes and after being a member here for 14 months we are still waiting for that insightful post of yours about tennis instead of systematically having a go at members.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 18:46

Still here Tenez! - 5824 posts and still haven't got rid of your Rafa OCD, how insightful is that I ask lol

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 4:13

djlovesyou wrote:The court thing is not really a case of 'falling at Nadal's feet'.

Tournaments wanted to cash in on a bit of Federer vs Nadal action, as this was (still is) the big ticket draw.

When courts were playing fast, Nadal would invariably be no competition for Federer and more often than not, not get to the later stages. So they had to slow things down to get a slice of the fun. So it's not really to help Nadal per se, but to ensure a better chance of the big final.

'They' also rigged draws, did you not know that? ESPN knows. Run

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 20:21

hawkeye

I'm not sure what you mean ?
Cause until today Novak's been kicking his ass on all surfaces.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down