The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was Nadals injury?

+10
gallery play
JuliusHMarx
Veejay
amritia3ee
spuranik
hawkeye
noleisthebest
laverfan
Tenez
bogbrush
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What was Nadals injury? Empty What was Nadals injury?

Post by bogbrush Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

I just remembered that Nadal took time off after the AO, pre-planned because of an injury, and now he's back at Indian Wells I've not seen any sign. In fact he looks as good as ever.

Any Nadal follower know what it was?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

What was Nadals injury? Empty Re: What was Nadals injury?

Post by Tenez Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

Which injury? The one he planned in January for February? before his 5 hours battle versus Djokovic?

I don't know.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

Tenez wrote:Which injury? The one he planned in January for February? before his 5 hours battle versus Djokovic?

I don't know.
Yes, I think that was the one. I remember it being said that it was a really bad problem and he'd need a long time off.

And it was a 6 hour final if I recall correctly.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:27 pm

Oh that one. You don't mean the one he had in November and needed a long break too before the DC, where he battled like spiderman v Delpo? Or do you mean the one he had in the AO in January in his knee while sitting in an armachair...yet going all the way to the final and playing a gruelling 6 hour match?

I don't know.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

But more importantly do we know when his next injury is due? Hasn't he announced anything yet?

I am pretty sure he is going to be fine from now on to WImbledon as it is a very relaxed period for him. He may have the first signs of wear and tear in Halle but I feel he will be fine for Wimbledon. Though Canada and Cincy will be very hard on his body compared to the USO.

Oh and you know that niggle he had last Novmenber on his shoulder. Damn it. It will be back at about that time this year.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:48 pm

I am surprised that you two, BB/Tenez, are the only ones on this topic. Laugh

The Daily Nadal Slag. ;-)

I am pretty sure both of you read you-know-who's blog on the internet, with a devilish smirk on your faces.

Djokovic came back from AO at Dubai. How long was that break? Dubai and IW are just a week apart, IIRC. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:24 pm

laverfan wrote:I am surprised that you two, BB/Tenez, are the only ones on this topic. Laugh

Djokovic came back from AO at Dubai. How long was that break? Dubai and IW are just a week apart, IIRC. Wink

I am surprised that you are the only one on this topic" The Daily Nole slag. Since when did he announce an injury this year? Or Murray for that matter?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:48 pm

If only the "Daily Nadal Slag" could be confined to one particular article and not spread like nasty sludge through the whole of 606v2.

How about it Tenez noleisthebest? You could put up a new article every day. laverfan has even come up with a great title for you. You could then talk about how Nadal is talentless, clueless, ugly... Zzzzz (I could go on but you know the sort of thing) amongst yourselves. It would be a win win situation. Everyone could stay away so your views about Nadal would go unchallenged and the more balanced posters could discuss tennis without having to wade through endless sludge...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:56 pm

hawkeye wrote:If only the "Daily Nadal Slag" could be confined to one particular article and not spread like nasty sludge through the whole of 606v2.

How about it Tenez noleisthebest? You could put up a new article every day. laverfan has even come up with a great title for you. You could then talk about how Nadal is talentless, clueless, ugly... Zzzzz (I could go on but you know the sort of thing) amongst yourselves. It would be a win win situation. Everyone could stay away so your views about Nadal would go unchallenged and the more balanced posters could discuss tennis without having to wade through endless sludge...

Or you can comment on the current topic of discussion... Like what was his injury???

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:07 pm

laverfan wrote:I am surprised that you two, BB/Tenez, are the only ones on this topic. Laugh

I am pretty sure both of you read you-know-who's blog on the internet, with a devilish smirk on your faces
I'm just worried about the guy!

I swear I only looked in on that blog once. That was more than enough.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I am surprised that you are the only one on this topic" The Daily Nole slag. Since when did he announce an injury this year? Or Murray for that matter?

Sorry My apologies, NiTB. I am not 'slagging' any player, but defending Nadal a bit (and I am not Amritia3ee Wink ). Just a general comment that Nadal is being singled out for taking Feb off, but Murray and Djokovic, as you indicate, are not.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:58 pm

hawkeye wrote:If only the "Daily Nadal Slag" could be confined to one particular article and not spread like nasty sludge through the whole of 606v2.

Hawkeye yet its ok for you to post endless threads about Murray and trying to find faults in his game, his manager and press comments?
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 16 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

Gav

Have you read my last two "articles" about Murray?

https://www.606v2.com/t25845-murray-has-been-thinking-a-lot

https://www.606v2.com/t25540-my-forehand-is-very-different-and-i-m-hitting-it-really-really-well-says-murray

They are basically quotes. They don't contain criticism.

Murray is not one of my favourite players but I hardly bring him into every topic (I'm sorry to do so here but I don't know how else to respond. I'm not even sure why it's been brought up here?). I admit I think Murray is over rated but I would never call him names because it's not warranted, is very childish, is boring and above all is no way to disscuss things. I do think his interviews are interesting and are worth commenting on.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

hawkeye wrote:Gav

Have you read my last two "articles" about Murray?

https://www.606v2.com/t25845-murray-has-been-thinking-a-lot

https://www.606v2.com/t25540-my-forehand-is-very-different-and-i-m-hitting-it-really-really-well-says-murray

They are basically quotes. They don't contain criticism.

Murray is not one of my favourite players but I hardly bring him into every topic (I'm sorry to do so here but I don't know how else to respond. I'm not even sure why it's been brought up here?). I admit I think Murray is over rated but I would never call him names because it's not warranted, is very childish, is boring and above all is no way to disscuss things. I do think his interviews are interesting and are worth commenting on.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/thumbnails/54/small_subtle_facepalm.png

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 5:28 pm

Laverfan, it's not my fault some people know nothing about nadal.

Of course this article is nonsense as Nadal did not take February off due to injury, but as he couldn't practice in December due to his shoulder he wanted to do so in Feb instead. He did not have a shoulder injury in Feb.

One again I find some posters lack of knowledge about Nadal appalling and frankly embarrassing.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 5:39 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Laverfan, it's not my fault some people know nothing about nadal.

Of course this article is nonsense as Nadal did not take February off due to injury, but as he couldn't practice in December due to his shoulder he wanted to do so in Feb instead. He did not have a shoulder injury in Feb.

One again I find some posters lack of knowledge about Nadal appalling and frankly embarrassing.

Feel free to enlighten us Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:11 pm

bogbrush wrote:I just remembered that Nadal took time off after the AO, pre-planned because of an injury, and now he's back at Indian Wells I've not seen any sign. In fact he looks as good as ever.

It was his shoulder injury which apparently was bothering since before the WTF
After losing to Federer there he claimed there was nothing wrong him and then before the seasons started he claimed he would be out in February for this shoulder injury which apparently has been bothering him since before the WTF and was the reason why he didn't have time to adjust to changing rackets during the off season
Then the Sunday when the AO started,he was sitting in the hotel room and his knee " exploded" (out of nowhere) but yet throughout the tournament there were no signs of any knee injury holding him back
So every year after the AO he has been out on a joint injury

Last edited by Veejay on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:21 pm

For the love of God Veejay he did not have a shoulder injury in February Veejay.

NITB have you read my post. Nadal took of February to practice, his shoulder is fine.
If Tenez and BB and co. actually did some research instead of talking nonsense they wouldn't come up with articles like this. He did not have a shoulder injury in February, nor a knee injury.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

amritia3ee wrote:For the love of God Veejay he did not have a shoulder injury in February Veejay.

NITB have you read my post. Nadal took of February to practice, his shoulder is fine.
If Tenez and BB and co. actually did some research instead of talking nonsense they wouldn't come up with articles like this. He did not have a shoulder injury in February, nor a knee injury.

I know he didn't have a shoulder injury or knee injury in February,but thats the reason he claimed he would be out on February Very Happy

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:29 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29122011/58/australian-open-nadal-february.html

It is unclear whether it means the shoulder was now OK, but had prevented him from practising, so he took Feb off to catch up on practice, or whether the shoulder still needed resting.

The knee injury occurred just before the AO. My knee once locked up out of nowhere just sitting on a chair. It was agony just to move it slightly for about half an hour. A couple of hours later it was fine. Never did work out what happened.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:43 pm

Its not unclear.
Nadal at Abu Dhabi: 'My shoulder is not 100%, I have not had a chance to practice in December but it is improving.'
Nadal at Aus Open: 'My shoulder is good, I will try my best, hopefully it will stay as it is.'
Nadal on reasons for missing February:
'I have to stop after Australia and have a chance to practise, to prepare for the rest of the season.'

This article is wrong and total BS, Nadal never said he had a shoulder injury in Feb.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

Tenez I want an apology for gross misconduct, and the article to be edited.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:46 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Its not unclear.
Nadal at Abu Dhabi: 'My shoulder is not 100%, I have not had a chance to practice in December but it is improving.'
Nadal at Aus Open: 'My shoulder is good, I will try my best, hopefully it will stay as it is.'
Nadal on reasons for missing February:
'I have to stop after Australia and have a chance to practise, to prepare for the rest of the season.'

This article is wrong and total BS, Nadal never said he had a shoulder injury in Feb.

Why has he been out on a joint injury every season after the AO?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:47 pm

amritia3ee

You are wasting your time informing certain posters about Nadal's schedule or anything else about Nadal. You must know that by now.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm

Veejay, what about this year? He didnt have a joint injury this Feb. chin

Hawkeye Sad I always feel everytime Tenez and co. make I'll-researched comments about Nadal (be it high net clearance in banana shot, nadal 'injuries' etc.) Laverfan and the mods always blame it on me.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:05 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Veejay, what about this year? He didnt have a joint injury this Feb. chin

Hawkeye Sad I always feel everytime Tenez and co. make I'll-researched comments about Nadal (be it high net clearance in banana shot, nadal 'injuries' etc.) Laverfan and the mods always blame it on me.

Shoulder and knee,I believe both are joints Very Happy
Forget about Nadal's injuries,what do you make of the fact that Nadal has all kinds of sicknesses too,like food poisoning thats cured from a toilet break etc,but the one time theres a serious bug going around that many players are catching,Nadal is healthy as a horse! Laugh Laugh

Last edited by Veejay on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Tenez I want an apology for gross misconduct, and the article to be edited.
Oh dear.

You don't appear to have worked out yet that Tenez didn't write the article, I did, and I didn't say he had a particular injury, I asked a Nadal follower to tell us.

Another foot in mouth moment for Amrit. Rolling Eyes

You should probably be apologising to Tenez.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:18 pm

bogbrush wrote:
amritia3ee wrote:Tenez I want an apology for gross misconduct, and the article to be edited.
Oh dear.

You don't appear to have worked out yet that Tenez didn't write the article, I did, and I didn't say he had a particular injury, I asked a Nadal follower to tell us.

Another foot in mouth moment for Amrit. Rolling Eyes

You should probably be apologising to Tenez.
She/he must be confusing Tenez with Llodra Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:23 pm

bogbrush wrote:I just remembered that Nadal took time off after the AO, pre-planned because of an injury, and now he's back at Indian Wells I've not seen any sign. In fact he looks as good as ever.

My apologies, I should have accused Bogbrush of gross misconduct, as well as Tenez. He clearly says hear he took Feb off because of 'an injury.'
More research for your future articles will be great.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:38 pm

amritia3ee wrote:

My apologies, I should have accused Bogbrush of gross misconduct, as well as Tenez. He clearly says hear he took Feb off because of 'an injury.'
More research for your future articles will be great.
Delusional.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:41 pm

amritia3ee,

Have you heard of proximate cause?

bogbrush wrote:I just remembered that Nadal took time off after the AO, pre-planned because of an injury

Nadal missed practising because of an injury. Therefore he took Feb off to practice. The proximate cause of this time off: an injury.
Its not that difficult to understand. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:48 pm

That's not what Bogbrush was saying, did you read the first few comments. If he knew Nadal had recovered and was just catching up on practice he would not say, 'I've not seen any sign.'
Sign of what? Injury, Bogbrush was not implying the proximate clause at all.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:51 pm

Disagree.
BB was simply asking what the injury was that caused him to take February off. As it happens, its was his shoulder issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:53 pm

The fact he says 'Ive not seen any sign' shows he does not think it is a proximal cause. He also says 'in fact' which would not be necessary if he thought nadal was just catching up on practice, rather than injury.

Tenez wrote:Which injury? The one he planned in January for February?
Here Tenez implies he had planned 'an injury' for February- implying he was faking an injury. Nadal didn't even say he had an injury in February.

amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:54 pm

Gav wrote:its was his shoulder issue.

Maybe the shoulder issue was his shoulder tissue!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:54 pm

bogbrush wrote:I just remembered that Nadal took time off after the AO, pre-planned because of an injury
You are forgetting about the bit in bold amritia3ee. The time off was planned because of an injury. BB acknowledged that fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:54 pm

bogbrush wrote:
I remember it being said that it was a really bad problem and he'd need a long time off.

Nadal has never said this.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:57 pm

amritia3ee wrote:

If you a specific complaints, please make them. Please do not make unsubstantiated accusations against the Tennis Moderators (JHM and I). If you think we are taking sides, you can always send PMs to Gav and global moderators. OK

If you care to read and understand my first comment, you will know what I told BB/Tenez. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:58 pm

No its sarcastic, BB and Tenez are snidely implying that Nadal is faking the injury.
Also explain why would he say 'I've not seen any sign' implying he thought nadal was meant to be injured.

PS. I was being sarcastic laverfan, I had read your comment.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:01 pm

laverfan wrote:

Sorry My apologies, NiTB. I am not 'slagging' any player, but defending Nadal a bit (and I am not Amritia3ee Wink ). Just a general comment that Nadal is being singled out for taking Feb off, but Murray and Djokovic, as you indicate, are not.
This mention led to my comment Wink

Tu peux comprendre? Smile
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:06 pm

amritia3ee wrote:

The fact he says 'Ive not seen any sign' shows he does not think it is a proximal cause. He also says 'in fact' which would not be necessary if he thought nadal was just catching up on practice, rather than injury.

Tenez wrote:Which injury? The one he planned in January for February?
Here Tenez implies he had planned 'an injury' for February- implying he was faking an injury. Nadal didn't even say he had an injury in February.

The part in bold is correct, it was towards the end of December, beginning of January. Nadal admitted he couldn't even hit his FH.

The fact is, Nadal had an injury. This caused him to not have as much practice as he deemed necessary. BB said his time off was was pre-planned. That means he didnt take the time off because he was injured at that time, but the cause for him to take Feb off was the injury. And I will leave it at that otherwise we will just go round in circles all night and I have other stuff to do. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:09 pm

amritia3ee wrote:

Tu peux comprendre? Smile

Oui! Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:33 pm

Cmon gav, let's not be naive BB and Tenez were being sarcastic.

'I've not seen any sign.'
'Which injury? The one he planned in January for February?'
'I remember it being said that it was a really bad problem and he'd need a long time off. '
'But more importantly do we know when his next injury is due? Hasn't he announced anything yet? '
'I'm just worried about the guy!'

There were sarcastically implying Nadal faked an injury and hence took off Feb.
However if they had done more research they would have realised that nadal said he was missing Feb to catch up on some practice, not because his shoulder was injured. Tenez and BB are being sarcastic in the quotes above, its bleedin obvious.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:46 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Cmon gav, let's not be naive BB and Tenez were being sarcastic.

'I've not seen any sign.'
'Which injury? The one he planned in January for February?'
'I remember it being said that it was a really bad problem and he'd need a long time off. '
'But more importantly do we know when his next injury is due? Hasn't he announced anything yet? '
'I'm just worried about the guy!'

There were sarcastically implying Nadal faked an injury and hence took off Feb.
However if they had done more research they would have realised that nadal said he was missing Feb to catch up on some practice, not because his shoulder was injured. Tenez and BB are being sarcastic in the quotes above, its bleedin obvious.

Even I know ....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29122011/58/australian-open-nadal-february.html

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:49 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Which injury? The one he planned in January for February? before his 5 hours battle versus Djokovic?

I don't know.
Yes, I think that was the one. I remember it being said that it was a really bad problem and he'd need a long time off.

Just to clear a few things up as you have both obviously been concerned and maybe a little confused about why Nadal took time off after the AO. He had an injury problem prior to the AO. A problem with his shoulder I think. This prevented him from practising although he said it had cleared up so that he could play in the AO. Nadal still wanted some time to practise and took it after the AO. IMO this was a good time to get some practise in as he didn't really miss much.

I hope that is clear now. I can understand why you both must have missed him playing but it was only for a short while. I'm sure you will both be relieved to know that he wasn't injured during that time and was able to do the work that he had planned during February. It's great that he's back isn't it?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:49 pm

No, read Nadals quotes, the headline is misleading.
By the beginning of the Australian Open he said his shoulder was fine.
'"My shoulder is good," the 10-times Grand Slam champion said. "Hopefully I am ready. I will try my best."
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:51 pm

hawkeye wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

I don't know.

Just to clear a few things up as you have both obviously been concerned and maybe a little confused about why Nadal took time off after the AO. He had an injury problem prior to the AO. A problem with his shoulder I think. This prevented him from practising although he said it had cleared up so that he could play in the AO. Nadal still wanted some time to practise and took it after the AO. IMO this was a good time to get some practise in as he didn't really miss much.

I hope that is clear now. I can understand why you both must have missed him playing but it was only for a short while. I'm sure you will both be relieved to know that he wasn't injured during that time and was able to do the work that he had planned during February. It's great that he's back isn't it?
Yes thats right.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:52 pm

amritia3ee wrote:No, read Nadals quotes, the headline is misleading.
By the beginning of the Australian Open he said his shoulder was fine.
'"My shoulder is good," the 10-times Grand Slam champion said. "Hopefully I am ready. I will try my best."

What do you mean? These are his very words:

"He will use the time to recover and train but will not play in any tournaments.

"I am still not 100 per cent," the Spaniard, 25, said. "I had a problem before London with my shoulder and I had to stop for about 10 days before the (ATP) Finals.

"It felt better again but resurfaced, I couldn't practise. I have to stop after Australia and have a chance to practise, to prepare for the rest of the season. "

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:53 pm

That was in Abu Dhabi. His shoulder was fine by the Australian Open.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm

His shoulder was fine by AO and he could practice in February. He played for 6 hours against Djokovic and his shoulder held up fine. He said it was 'not 100%' before in Abu Dhabi. This is why he took the time off:
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next