The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Rogan chat

+16
manos de piedra
d260005p
School Project
John Bloody Wayne
ShahenshahG
Dass
mystiroakey
The Boss
rodders
Seanusarrilius
6oldenbhoy
rycoys
mckay1402
azania
zx1234
hampo17
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fury vs Rogan chat - Page 2 Empty Fury vs Rogan chat

Post by hampo17 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Really hope Rogan shuts this clown up, can't believe Furys rated 8 by the WBC.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Rogan chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury vs Rogan chat

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:24 am

Yeah, we should reserve our hate for Cleverly, it has the added bonus of providing us some amusement in these difficult times, my own wife and daughter are going abroad for just under 7 weeks - going to be a nightmare...for her Laugh Although 7 weeks of jacket potatoes with various fillings and I will probably be begging their return.

I wonder how much the price fight not going off had to do with channel 5 and price own refusal to accept 100k. Think its a little more complicated than Fury being scared of price.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:08 am

I actually find Fury to be a fairly pleasant and affable sort of a guy with a decent sense of humour. I think he has to realise that dumping the domestic titles to fight for the irish heavyweight title against Rogan is going to test his credibility though.

Im still not overly sold on him as a boxer but he seems to switch in and out of focus. After the first two rounds of the Rogan fight I couldnt believe how ordinary he looked and I thought to myself that an upset might be on the cards if Rogan can keep up the workrate. But after that he took control of the fight and I concluded that he was just going through the motions and he was genuine when he said he was just trying out different things in the ring.

Id like to see him step up the opposition now and see if he can raise his level a notch or two. Henness didnt appear to be in any rush in the post fight interview though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:24 am

So hard to judge on last nights performance as Rogan is 40 year old, out a year and never much cop in the first place so is a guy you should be getting out of there by the half way stage if you have any pretensions of being something.

However since I am normally fairly negative about Fury will be a bit more positive this time, his weight was far better and he looked in better shape than I can recall seeing him and was nice to see some variety in his work particularly using the body shots, would also say defensively he was a little tighter than has been the case but given Rogan's lack of height and less than electric pace this should perhaps be expected but still feel he takes a few too many silly shots which is likely to cost him as he moves up. I still don't get the impression Fury takes the game as seriously as he could, getting cousins in for sparring and seemingly getting whichever relative is not inside to train him are worrying but suppose there were enough positive signs last night to not write him off completely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:27 am

Fury is the man. He will be heavyweight champion at some point. I reckon he will fight a Klits bro in the next year or so. Dont know why so many people are against him for

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Yeah, we should reserve our hate for Cleverly, it has the added bonus of providing us some amusement in these difficult times, my own wife and daughter are going abroad for just under 7 weeks - going to be a nightmare...for her Laugh Although 7 weeks of jacket potatoes with various fillings and I will probably be begging their return.

I wonder how much the price fight not going off had to do with channel 5 and price own refusal to accept 100k. Think its a little more complicated than Fury being scared of price.

jacket potatoes? didn't have you down as a chef... i'm a microwave ready meal man myself

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:39 am

Im gonna have a pot noodle for my Sunday lunch as it goes

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:49 am

milkyboy wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Yeah, we should reserve our hate for Cleverly, it has the added bonus of providing us some amusement in these difficult times, my own wife and daughter are going abroad for just under 7 weeks - going to be a nightmare...for her Laugh Although 7 weeks of jacket potatoes with various fillings and I will probably be begging their return.

jacket potatoes? didn't have you down as a chef... i'm a microwave ready meal man myself

3 pound a meal mate, i've already blown up two microwaves Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:50 am

if i'd known they did a sunday roast pot noodle, i'd have got one in myself steffan... don't the yorkshires get a bit soggy?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:51 am

Change of plan me and my mate are going for a cooked breakfast instead Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:52 am

lol-- ALL of ya get down your local waitrose or sainsburys and buy a joint and some veg!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:57 am

mystiroakey wrote:lol-- ALL of ya get down your local waitrose or sainsburys and buy a joint and some veg!!!
I like veg as it goes but not today. Smoked a joint last night so no need today

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:59 am

whats wrong with a sunday smoke?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:03 pm

btw i am not a fan of low quality munchies. no excuse even if your high!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Rogan chat - Page 2 Empty 5th round stoppage

Post by Kelvinj3 Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:I heard Rogan was going down in the fifth, need to watch it again, but there was a few occasions in that round were he glanced to his corner.
The word on the street is that there was an awful lot of money riding on just this result.

Kelvinj3

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:47 pm

Dunno, it seems a bit obvious

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down