The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone excited about Fury vs Rogan Next Month

+19
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
smashingstormcrow
OasisBFC
md_fan
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Josef K.
J.Benson II
Valero's Conscience
88Chris05
d260005p
Il Gialloblu
Boxtthis
AlexHuckerby
azania
Steffan
manos de piedra
eddyfightfan
bhb001
23 posters

Go down

Is anyone excited about Fury vs Rogan Next Month Empty Is anyone excited about Fury vs Rogan Next Month

Post by bhb001 Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:07 pm

And if so, do you agree you need to get out more???? angel

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Is anyone excited about Fury vs Rogan Next Month Empty Re: Is anyone excited about Fury vs Rogan Next Month

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

ill certainly be watching, but then again ill probably watch harrison vs adams too.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Is anyone excited about Fury vs Rogan Next Month Empty Re: Is anyone excited about Fury vs Rogan Next Month

Post by manos de piedra Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

Ive lost a huge amount of respect for Fury. One could have forgiven Fury for missing out Price if he was prepared to take it up a level and dip his toes into Euro or World level but to give up your domestic titles to beat up on Rogan is pretty pathetic.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:32 pm

Actually the whole Price v Fury saga was a lot to do with Fury being on Channel 5 and Price being on Sky. Politics takes over yet again

This fight is a joke though. Il watch it if its on Channel 5 because Channel 5 doesnt come with a monthly cost and 6 months minimum contract...

Last edited by Steffan on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:39 pm

yeah, to the best of my knowledge they counter offered price $100.000 (not got a pound sign) and the chance to headline on channel 5. its politics, fury wants it price wants it, the promoters dont. typical story in boxing these days.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:42 pm

I'll be watching it. Fury is fun to watch in a road crash type of way. I just think he's plaid useless and an accident waiting to happen.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:37 am

alma wrote:Agreed, it was a shameless duck. If he'd gone over to the states and fought someone like Michael grant it would have been a smart move, but this is just embarrassing.

Smart move? Grant would destroy Fury.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
alma wrote:Agreed, it was a shameless duck. If he'd gone over to the states and fought someone like Michael grant it would have been a smart move, but this is just embarrassing.

Smart move? Grant would destroy Fury.

Agreed. Fury has moved up the HW rankings far too quickly for a man of his skill level and overall athleticism. Only in these unprecedentedly poor times could someone like him be as high as 6th in a major organisation's rankings. I think it's clear that he got lucky in getting to face Chisora when he was fat and unmotivated. I'd fancy Chisora in a rematch for definite. And, I'd fancy someone like Grant over him no problem.

A few more years of honing his skills and working on his fitness could maybe see Fury being able to use his size and weight more effectively. Unfortunately he probably won't get that, and will have his hype train stopped the first time he is put in there with someone with a bit of skill (which is why he got put nowhere near Price). Or he could just stick to fighting former cabbies who haven't been in the ring for over 18 months.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:17 pm

It all seemed pretty jovial when they met the other day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17278825
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:25 pm

This fight is a joke! I want Fury to fight David Price, Seth Mitchell, Arreola, Sam Sexton, Matt Skelton, Fit Chisora, Michael Grant, Povetkin, Audley Harrisson.

Every fighter above would nail Fury.

Simples.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

I'm sure quite a few will watch, but I doubt anyone at all is 'excited' by the prospect of this fight. How could they be? Fury will win at a canter and Rogan has absolutely no business sharing a ring with a man who has recently vacated a domestic title because he's "going on to bigger and better things and has bigger frish to fry."

With regards to Fury-Price and who's to blame, well of course it doesn't reflect well on Fury from the outset, even less so in light of his next opponent. But I'll wait and see what he does in the rest of 2012 before passing any final judgement of ducking. With each passing day the claim that Price's team have turned down that £100,000 offer is looking more and more concrete - and if it is true, his team need to take a hard look at themselves and shoulder some of the responsibility. £100,000 is superb money for someone in Price's position and someone who is yet to step past domestic level.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

I'm excited....with anticipation that Rogan might knock him out!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:25 pm

d260005p wrote:This fight is a joke! I want Fury to fight David Price, Seth Mitchell, Arreola, Sam Sexton, Matt Skelton, Fit Chisora, Michael Grant, Povetkin, Audley Harrisson.

Every fighter above would nail Fury.

Simples.

I'm no fan of Fury but I'd fancy him to beat Sexton, Skelton and certainly Audley.
Fury-Grant would be 50-50.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

No chance, Fury has NO CHIN whatsoever and has been floored by powder punchers.

Audley has a booming left hand, and if he ever throws it again, which is up for debate, then Fury would be asleep on the Canvas.

Skelton looked okay against Dallas the other night aswell and would at least give Fury more of a test than Rogan is likely to give.

Sexton is a decent domestic operator, and if Fury fights and wins convincingly then i would change.

But after fighting bums + an overweight Del Boy, the Jury is still out for me.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

I have always been suspicious of he way Fury has dodged the domestic scene. For all its weak points, there are lots of solid fighters for a supposed prospect to prove themselves against; he struggled against McDermott twice and beat - in hind-sight - not that convincingly a fat Chisora.

I think he knows he would struggle against the likes of Sprott and Skelto, let alone Price and so covers up by fighting nobodies from across the globe.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

Im excited about the failure this fight is (hopefully) going to bring.

The fight is happening about 5 minutes away from me at the Odyssesy Arena which holds around 12'000. Believe me, I know A LOT of boxing fans not just within the city but from outside the city and nobody I have spoke to is going or know anybody who is going.

When the Rogan vs Sexton I was announced, there was a buzz all around the city because the hype had been built up over the Audley/Skelton fights.

But hand on my heart being honest, this fight is going to flop massively. The only people who will be there are the loyal gypos (inc the fat guy in the shirt with the gold chain on who is always ringside) who go to every Fury fight and a few people from West Belfast who know Rogie. I would be surprised if they get over 1500 people buying tickets.

Rogan thinks people still know him, but in reality the paying public forgot about him the second he embarrased himself in the 2nd Sexton fight. Not to mention being too dumb to finish the job in the 1st fight when Sexton was spent.

A more important point is......people can/will just watch Rogan get beat for free on TV rather than pay money to see it.

I'm just glad it isn't down to be held in the Kings Hall or Ulster hall with their boxing history, it would be a slap in the face to show a fight like this in such a respected venue.

Rant over!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:53 pm

d260005p wrote:No chance, Fury has NO CHIN whatsoever and has been floored by powder punchers.

Audley has a booming left hand, and if he ever throws it again, which is up for debate, then Fury would be asleep on the Canvas.

Skelton looked okay against Dallas the other night aswell and would at least give Fury more of a test than Rogan is likely to give.

Sexton is a decent domestic operator, and if Fury fights and wins convincingly then i would change.

But after fighting bums + an overweight Del Boy, the Jury is still out for me.

Lets get real.

Audley is a 40 years old, passive boxer with an awful workrate. He hasnt fought since 2010.
He'd be tailor made for Fury. We also can't ignore the fact that Fury's next opponent beat Harrison.

Skelton is now in his mid-40's. OK, he looked good against Dallas but anybody will look good against somebody as useless as Dallas.

Sexton is as limited as Fury but the latter's physical advantages would give him the edge in a fight.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

I have to disagree and agree on the general opinion that Fury is an accident waiting to happen.

I honestly see all mentioned above knocking him out.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by md_fan Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:25 pm

Seeing Fury standing next to the aged Rogan it looks like he is about to beat up his Dad - terrible match-up.

md_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

i'll always watch tyson fury - he may be flawed but his fights are rarely boring.

he looked trim in the presser earlier. in the interviews he said he's had a wake up call and changed his lifestyle. we've jeard it before however.

i'll be watching.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:45 pm

d260005p wrote:I have to disagree and agree on the general opinion that Fury is an accident waiting to happen.

I honestly see all mentioned above knocking him out.

Presumably you must see Rogan as having a good shot at stopping him then aswell given he beat two of the guys on the list and had Sexton in trouble in the first fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:59 pm

Yes Fury will be the favourite, but I don't see it as a total mismatch - especially bearing in mind Rogan's win against Skelton. He should be capable of giving Fury a decent fight.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 07 Mar 2012, 6:00 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I'm sure quite a few will watch, but I doubt anyone at all is 'excited' by the prospect of this fight. How could they be? Fury will win at a canter and Rogan has absolutely no business sharing a ring with a man who has recently vacated a domestic title because he's "going on to bigger and better things and has bigger frish to fry."

With regards to Fury-Price and who's to blame, well of course it doesn't reflect well on Fury from the outset, even less so in light of his next opponent. But I'll wait and see what he does in the rest of 2012 before passing any final judgement of ducking. With each passing day the claim that Price's team have turned down that £100,000 offer is looking more and more concrete - and if it is true, his team need to take a hard look at themselves and shoulder some of the responsibility. £100,000 is superb money for someone in Price's position and someone who is yet to step past domestic level.

Were that true Chris, why on earth has Fury vacated his titles, that action by itself places the blame entirely on Furys shoulders.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 07 Mar 2012, 6:14 pm

Probably didnt want ti going to purse bids

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm

Hennessy said: "We have a great schedule in place for Tyson on Channel 5 and I'm not prepared to have that affected by other promoters, purse bids and titles."

Maloney, though, said Price would earn more money by not accepting the offer and letting the fight go to the promoter who submitted the highest 'closed purse' bid to the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/16964706

Not sure if hes bullshitting but that was the impression I got - though I was initially a little peed.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:46 pm

i think fury is getting a hard time. yes he aint perfect but he has showed great character, he has accepted a true 50/50 fight in chisora (and he wasn't to know chisora would turn up like that). he got a iffy decesion over big john, then fought a rematch and won decisively. he has taken on 2 undeafted fighters and won, and has probably fought the toughest opponent of all the domestic lads in firtha.

he doesnt have the perfect lifestyle yet for a champion (with reguards to the consistantcy of trainers etc) but i feel once he settles and gets a decent trainer he has room for huge improvement.

he's been down or hurt a few times, but always come back so is somewhat proven, whereas price, although looking the better equiped heavyweight has been nowhere near tested. nobody knows how he will respond to effect pressure, been hurt or even put down.

it will be good to see these 2 grow over the next year, i hope they dont rush to world level as i desperatly want to see a british champion, and i think they need to build up there experience slowly to acheive that. both of there next fights are going to be a step in the right direction, albeit slightly, and sexton for me isnt far better than rogan anyway.

what i'd really like to see is either of them fight mike "the rebel" perez from ireland, the last hw prizefighter winner as i actually think he was the beating of them both and could be our best chance, if only he would be a little more active (although i beleive he has offered several hw's fights but nobody wanted to know). i hear he has recently receive his irish citizenship so hopefully that can happen now.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:15 pm

Perez would take Fury out, he doesn't stand up to pressure well and thats what he'd bring to the table all night long.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 3:34 pm

I forgot about Perez, looked decent in Prizefighter.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 09 Mar 2012, 4:01 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I forgot about Perez, looked decent in Prizefighter.

So too has everyone else. Whoever his management team are, they deserve to be shot.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 09 Mar 2012, 4:24 pm

This is the feller...

http://boxrec.com/list_humans.php?human_id=570714&cat=manager
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 09 Mar 2012, 4:28 pm

They have a whizzy website too.

http://www.teamthomas.ie/index.php

I've warned them that a crazed Zuud Afrikaan will be round to assassinate them all.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 10 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

great fighter, i hope this year see's him fight often against better opposition. perez chisora would be a great fight, very similar styles

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

azania wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:I forgot about Perez, looked decent in Prizefighter.

So too has everyone else. Whoever his management team are, they deserve to be shot.

We've finally found the culprit behind the Frank Warren shooting...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

Bit of a waste of his time doing Prizefighter apart from the money.

Looking forward to seeing Fury as i want to see him defeated, the Price fight wouldn't have been easy negotiations but this fight is a joke.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Bit of a waste of his time doing Prizefighter apart from the money.

Looking forward to seeing Fury as i want to see him defeated, the Price fight wouldn't have been easy negotiations but this fight is a joke.

I dont think it would have been that easy especially with the different TV stations involved. But seeing as Mr Warren is not involved there was a very good chance of that fight happening.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 10 Mar 2012, 4:05 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17278342

ridiculous
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:21 pm

furys actually a decent singer...

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

Why's the fight called "Unfinished Business"? Who are they trying to kid?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

I actually cringed hard when Fury started singing, how embarassing... Fury's had another wake up call, wonder how long the wake up call will last this time.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:13 am

Roggie is shot, it's over for him. Fury has been found out.

The smartest thing for Fury to do now is fight some bums on Five and make a few quid before a big fight fight with Price or even better Wlad in a few years time.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:20 pm

Strongback wrote:The smartest thing for Fury to do now is fight some bums on Five and make a few quid before a big fight fight with Price or even better Wlad in a few years time.

People will soon stop watching him if the quality of opposition is seen as poor. Then we are stuck with another 5 years of no boxing on terrestial tv

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:47 pm

bhb001 wrote:
Strongback wrote:The smartest thing for Fury to do now is fight some bums on Five and make a few quid before a big fight fight with Price or even better Wlad in a few years time.

People will soon stop watching him if the quality of opposition is seen as poor. Then we are stuck with another 5 years of no boxing on terrestial tv

Naseem and Calzaghe got away with fighting bums for the majority of their careers on ITV and gathered a massive fan base.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:53 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

Naseem and Calzaghe got away with fighting bums for the majority of their careers on ITV and gathered a massive fan base.

Good point, well made, but Naseem and Calzaghe had talent

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:44 pm

bhb001 wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

Good point, well made, but Naseem and Calzaghe had talent

haha, nice one, you win.

But according to the travelling community, Fury is the next heavyweight super elite fighter. So he has ermmm talent.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down