The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rogan vs fury likely set for this year

+9
AlexHuckerby
oxring
Soldier_Of_Fortune
djrogo
Super D Boon
Rowley
6oldenbhoy
d260005p
eddyfightfan
13 posters

Go down

rogan vs fury likely set for this year Empty rogan vs fury likely set for this year

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:09 pm

"If the price was right, I would get in with Tyson instead of the EU bout. The question is; would he be ready for another fight this year? I am due to fight in October.

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/11/07/26/manual_155253.html&BID=543

after the chisora fight fury called out martin rogan and challenged him for the irish title, rogan has since replied and is up for it, saying the irish, celtic, british and commonwealth title could all be on the line. rogan is prepared to put of his europian title shot to take the fight. i think fury will grab the oppertunity to fight for a irish title, in ireland against a very beatable opponent.

this could set him in very good stead in his career. look at paul mccloskey, another limited fighter, but has a huge irish fan base. coupled with the likely hood of five continuing to show the british heavyweight fights on the back of the 3 million viewing figures, he could be in a very good position with a decent following.

anyone think rogan can do what he did to harrison to fury?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

rogan vs fury likely set for this year Empty Re: rogan vs fury likely set for this year

Post by d260005p Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:12 pm

Rogan via KO early on.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

rogan vs fury likely set for this year Empty Re: rogan vs fury likely set for this year

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

d260005p wrote:Rogan via KO early on.

Based on?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:19 pm

Just think Tysons Defence is poor and he was stunned quite bad by Chisora who was at his most heavy ever. I think Rogan has the heart of a lion and a decent set of whiskers and could cause an upset with his Rocky type style. Also im basing it on the fact that i absolutely hate Tyson Fury with a passion and could not think of a bigger soloist in the sport today. My judgement is clouded i believe.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:27 pm

He is also Forty years of age and not exactly from the Hopkins mould. He's also been far too inactive over the last few years. Add in he's not a concussive puncher and the odds are stacked against him. I like Rogan, but in my eyes he stands next to no chance in this one.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:27 pm

i think its very likely to be a fury KO early, rogan has twice been beaten by sexton, who in turn was twice beaten by chisora, i know styles make fights but just think fury will be to strong and use the jab to good effect. rogan was still driving a taxi at the time of the harrison fight, not sure if his training is full time now but wouldnt bet on it.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:30 pm

Alma rumours Golden Boy are going with Primetime for Mayweather Ortiz so could look to tie this in with that one

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:36 pm

d260005p wrote:Just think Tysons Defence is poor and he was stunned quite bad by Chisora who was at his most heavy ever. I think Rogan has the heart of a lion and a decent set of whiskers and could cause an upset with his Rocky type style. Also im basing it on the fact that i absolutely hate Tyson Fury with a passion and could not think of a bigger soloist in the sport today. My judgement is clouded i believe.

"Soloist" Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:38 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i think its very likely to be a fury KO early, rogan has twice been beaten by sexton, who in turn was twice beaten by chisora, i know styles make fights but just think fury will be to strong and use the jab to good effect. rogan was still driving a taxi at the time of the harrison fight, not sure if his training is full time now but wouldnt bet on it.

He smashed Sexton in the first fight and it should have been stopped to be fair but was unlucky. Should be a decent scrap. Primetime better not show the fight. As much as i like another channel showing boxing, with a fight like Ortiz vs Mayweather, it HAS to be HD surely?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by djrogo Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

Rogan offered me ching in a bar/club in Manchester after the Haye/Ruiz fight.

djrogo

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:28 pm

djrogo wrote:Rogan offered me ching in a bar/club in Manchester after the Haye/Ruiz fight.

Thanks for sharing that...

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:31 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:
djrogo wrote:Rogan offered me ching in a bar/club in Manchester after the Haye/Ruiz fight.

Thanks for sharing that...

thats what he said

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

Rogan would give it a go and make a fight out of it for 3 rounds before being eventually stopped in 5

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:45 pm

d260005p wrote:Just think Tysons Defence is poor and he was stunned quite bad by Chisora who was at his most heavy ever. I think Rogan has the heart of a lion and a decent set of whiskers and could cause an upset with his Rocky type style. Also im basing it on the fact that i absolutely hate Tyson Fury with a passion and could not think of a bigger soloist in the sport today. My judgement is clouded i believe.

You're correct on 2 counts - Fury's defence is poor and your judgement is clouded.,

His defence has come on leaps and bounds since McDermott 1 - I was actually quite impressed. There, he was backing off by literally running - against Chisora, the guard and shoulder roll were much MUCH better.

Fury's absence of defence ALWAYS makes him look stunned quite badly. Worse than he probably is.

And I don't think he's much of a hairy-banjo player tbh - I think he comes across quite well. Handled winning brilliantly on Saturday and was full of praise for Chisora. Sure, he hypes a fight - but does he hype it worse than Haye? Haven't seen Fury wearing a headless T-shirt yet.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:52 pm

i warmed at lot to fury as well, i think he needs to find himself a decent trainer instead of training in his homemade gym, and he could sort out a lot of his errors.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i warmed at lot to fury as well, i think he needs to find himself a decent trainer instead of training in his homemade gym, and he could sort out a lot of his errors.

I was glad to hear he'd been working with Manny Steward. It certainly showed.

THAT SAID - the advice from Hughie Fury was actually pretty good. Better than the cut-man in Chisora's corner anyway who really needed to shut the hell up.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

He could outbox Rogan for 12 but don't count out Rogan the way he beat Matt Skelton was pretty heroic, he really is a Cinderella man, has the heart of a Lion but perhaps would come up short in this one, also the first time he fought Sexton the stoppage was a joke!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:02 pm

If Fury is really up for this one and continues on his curve of improvement he should win. Rogan could definately teach him a few things in there but I would expect him to overcome the veteran eventually.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

This looks an easy pointless fight for Fury. He should walk over Rogan and stop him early. Chisora may have been fat but even the Chisora of the weekend would easily beat Rogan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:12 pm

I'm not too sure he is very tough and very durable not the greatest power but can hit hard enough and could outwork Fury for a bit and has the chance to take him out, but I don't think he will, Fury I hate to say it if he comes in in even better shape than he did against Chisora then he will be able to take him down, don't think it's a foregone conclusion however.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

Honestly can't see Rogan troubling Fury he doesn't have the power or the skill to get through his jab. Fury should wipe the floor with Rogan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:30 pm

I can see it being a furious few rounds but Fury getting past this I can see it going Fury's way.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

I can see Rogan making it to at least late in the fight & hunting Fury early on. I'm still unsure if Fury has the power to stop anybody half decent early? I would agree a pretty big UD or late TKO to Fury but it could be interesting early.

We probably wont find out anymore about what level Fury is at from this but i can see the angle of it selling really well and all the Irish & Celtic champion stuff seems to mean alot to them.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:41 pm

Ireland love getting behind there Cinderella men especialy as it's against a sort of Irish Manc! Could be a pretty big fight if it's on terrestrial again which I am being led to believe

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

how long since the same man has owned the british commonwealth celtic and irish heavyweight title?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

I believe he'd be the first.

We'll have to see how long it takes his hands to get better. I get the impression Fury is going to be a boxer who always gets trouble with his hands.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

hand injury? not heard this...

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:32 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:hand injury? not heard this...
Supposedly why he kept switching stance.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

would be a great shame if he is plagued with that. hopefully nothing long lasting. he was landing some big punches though, especially to the side of the head, hopefully its just a one off.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

Broke his hand in McDermott 1 apparently as well.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

oh dear, i dont think fury has the skill to compensate (like calzaghe) such as upping work rate, making opponents miss and increasing his punch volume, if he cannot throw KO punches i see trouble ahead for fury

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down