The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When boxers show their mean side.

+4
Nico the gman
DaveVDK
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
8 posters

Go down

When boxers show their mean side. Empty When boxers show their mean side.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Apr 2012, 8:45 pm

Can anyone think of any exarmple of talented boxers showing a side that was not previously seen before.
Some fights bring out the worst in fighters. Maybe an opponent has rubbed them up the wrong way pre fight or maybe their is some bad blood.

Ali v Williams come to mind

Leonard's dispatch of Lolonde

Lewis v Rahman 2 the ko.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

When boxers show their mean side. Empty Re: When boxers show their mean side.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 8:56 pm

1. Grifiths v Paret.......Paret's homosexual taunts brought out the animal in Emile....

2. Galindez v Rossman...Rossman rubbed it in when Galindez was stopped in a huge upset.....in the rematch Galindez chinned Rossman's brother between rounds and then taunted rossman after he'd quit!!!

3. Ketchel certainly brought out some mean-spirit when he tried to double-cross Johnson.....had teeth brought out as well............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

Galindez v Rossman is an excellent shout I was thinking about putting it down but did not think anyone would remeber it.

Chavez v Rosario showed how EVIL the great Mexican could be. He tortured poor Edwin in that fight with Tyson watching from ringside.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

Mayweather v Ortiz comes to mind, chilling the way Mayweather seemed genuinly sincere then suddenly switched and dispatched of Ortiz.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:12 pm

Mosley v Margarito

Mercer v Morrison. Morrison could have stooped after the first 9 shots came back unanswered.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:13 pm

Disagree with Chavez-Rosario...........That was just Chavez showing his relentless professionalism....

Don't think there was bad blood..

Should have been pulled out though el chapo......fight was over way before the end.......... and his promising career was over afterwards...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:23 pm

Tony Ayala v Epps, Epps had trained in the Ayala camp and critizised them when he left,Ayala knocked him out then spat on him when he was on the floor,something an animal wouldn't do,nice fella.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:51 pm

I think either you or I are mixing up fights, I think epps was stopped in the corner by the ref, Miranda knocked down Ayala who got up and told the ref he was going to kill miranda then spat on him as he lay on the floor.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:54 pm

Ali vs Patterson and then later Ali vs Terrell.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:03 pm

Whitaker was usually a cool customer, but his bout with Uncle Roger was an usually ill-tempered affair; the pushing and shoving at the weigh in was very unlike him, for instance. And then you had the exchanges well after the bell had sounded to end the first round, Roger hitting Pea when he was down, and Whitaker responding by trying to pull his shorts down as a retaliation. Certainly saw a side of Pernell which was a contrast to his usual demeanour in that one.

Conteh always had that nasty streak, of course, but his fight with Len Hutchins was a great example of it. A clash of heads in the first (I'm just about willing to give Conteh the benefit of the doubt, even if it did look slightly cynical) opened a bad cut over Hutchins' eye, right at the end of the round, a round which had been a boxing match and certainly not a scrap. The American was vocal in his corner and to Conteh himself in his criticism, and abandoned his boxing and decided to try to outbrawl and outtough Conteh. Naturally, Conteh then proceeded to belt the living daylights out of Hutchins in a display of sheer brutality.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:09 pm

Not sure if there was bad blood between the 2 but Cooneys attempeted murder of Norton was crazy. Norton was down slumped in the corner and Cooney tried to take his head right off.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm

I think Frazier v Ali 1 had evil intentions for obvious reasons. We now know how much Ali's taunts had effected Frazier but at the time nobody knew how much Frazier took it to heart.

Before Ali Frazier was the true American hero, a fighter the mainstream liked, a fighter who seemed the opporsite of Ali, quite, never boastful, and a fighter who did his fair share for uncle sam by visiting the troops yep Frazier played by the book until Ali gatecrshed his life.

The documentary Ali v Frazier: A nation divisable indicated how mean Frazier could get when his son Marvin Frazier heard Frazier praying before the fight in the dressing room saying 'Lord help me to kill this man as he is not righteous'

We all know Frazier liked to take credit for Ali's state.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 07 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:I think either you or I are mixing up fights, I think epps was stopped in the corner by the ref, Miranda knocked down Ayala who got up and told the ref he was going to kill miranda then spat on him as he lay on the floor.
Yep, Ayala, Epps questioned Ayala's manhood and Ayala hit him while he was down,Ayala also spat on an opponent in disgust after knocking him out http//amirillo.com and wikipedia.
Knew he'd spat on an opponent remember reading it in the ring.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sat 07 Apr 2012, 8:29 pm

Barrera man handling Hamed is a good moment
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 07 Apr 2012, 8:40 pm

Barrera certainly had that side to him.

Against Morales 2nd time around, after he'd been knocked off balance and sat down - the ref ruling it not a knockdown - he got Erik in a kind of head lock and left hooked him to the floor. Just evening the score I guess.

Was it Gomez who had a habit of spitting on Mexicans after he'd knocked them down? Zarate included I believe. He'd have to be a pretty good spitter to gob upwards at Sanchez though...

Tyson against Biggs. Mike was winning handily but still took every chance to put a little more hurt on with some blatant elbows.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down