The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clev

+30
Liam
Sugar Floyd Louis
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Union Cane
eddyfightfan
dragonbreath
Melkor
gsd5cc0
J.Benson II
Super D Boon
BoxingFan88
Knowsit17
Rowley
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Imperial Ghosty
oxring
ShahenshahG
Steffan
alanqlm
TopHat24/7
bhb001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Seanusarrilius
JabMachineMK2
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
manos de piedra
Mind the windows Tino.
two_tone
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Clev Empty Clev

Post by two_tone Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:15 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17448826

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Clev Empty Re: Clev

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

I dread to think where this thread is going to end up.

No offense intended, two_tone.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:23 pm

None taken, was always going to appear might as well get it out of the way now...

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm

Sounds a bit strange. The WBO state that the winner of this Krasniqi fight must then face their mandatory after. But Cleverly seems to think he will be fighting Hopkins in the Summer. Something doesnt add up.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:33 pm

I want Hopkins in Wales."

He's probably talking about Anthony Hopkins

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

I can actually see them targetting Hopkins in Wales if Hopkins loses by a wide enough margin against Dawson.

If Hopkins wins I cant see the fight happening. Firstly because they will be afraid of losing and secondly they wont be a big enough financial draw to tempt Hopkins over.

But if Hopkins loses and looks like hes over the hill then they might take the risk and Hopkins wont be in as strong a bargaining position.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

Disgraceful from all parties.

Cleverly should hush his face - stop talking himself up, just stop talking full stop about his opponents. It gives the impression he's quite happy.

Warren should hang his head in shame that he's peddling anything but genuine world title contenders for his World Champion yet selling them as unbeaten machines.

The WBO need to seriously look at this and think "were we screwed by Warren?" because honestly, making a statement like "cannot and will not be sanctioned" and then changing their mind after speaking to Frank is absolute garbage. They're in his pocket and this just goes to show that they have no real grasp of their own rankings.

Cleverly would get ripped apart by Bhop. i don;t think he'd get knocked out but it would be a masterclass.

I want it to happen. I want Cleverly to fail.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:04 pm

Clev is the European champ of undeserving world champs

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

what else did we expect though.

Its was predicted a while ago that Cleverly was headed down the Calzaghe route. With Cloud, Pascal etc in the US I fully expect to see the same senario as with Joe in the late 90's/00's with the Americans staying put and the Welshman fighting absolute garbage for the next lot of years.

The best thing you can do is spread the word to any casual fans you know who mention Cleverly in the hope that he is forced to travel.

He doesn't and will NEVER have the fanbase that Joe had for a start so I fail to see what Franks plan is with him in fighting garbage, soon enough they will see that he isn't a big draw outside of Wales (even that is disputable).
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:50 pm

Yes, I am going to prepare for an all time great by fighting a nobody, meanwhile ducking any mandatories thrown my way, knowing all the time that the all time great is saying Clev ...what??

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:05 pm

He blocked me on twitter because I asked why he won't fight his manadory haha. He is a joke
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:15 pm

I've just tweeted him.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

Really sick of boxing politricks.

Nothing can be taken at face value.

Whenever a decent fight is proposed I expect it to fall through - how sad is that?

The promoters, organisations AND boxers have ruined one of the most popular individual sports of the last century.

I mean what the hell is Cleverly harping on about? 'I want Hopkins in Wales'. Duh. Is he an idiot or just a shameless charlatan? Why on earth would Hopkins come to Wales to fight a nobody? The only time he would EVER do that is if he is completely washed up, which would then make the fight meaningless.

This is another example of a shambolic state of affairs. Man.. I am sick to death of the lot of them.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

Cleverly's statements are starting to sound as ridiculous as a certain Mr Khan. I think we have a new idiot.

Hopkins!!?? In Wales!!?? Puullllllleaaaaase
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I've just tweeted him.

#whywontclevfighthismandatory

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

I've actually gone for #paperchampion

But thats better. We can actually get a response you know.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:I've just tweeted him.

#whywontclevfighthismandatory

Good

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:36 pm

If only we could come together and just boycott the fight completely.... but Warren and Cleverly know that even if boxing fans do there will still be enough people just looking a drunken night out to sell tickets.

Maybe a better stance would be just to start a petition getting everybody attending the fight to boo Cleverly relentlessly... in the probably vain hope that he will finally realise he needs to fight somebody

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:37 pm

Haha, yeh just seen you tweeting under the 606v2boxing banner seanus.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

Jabmachine, are you called Dan?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:59 pm

I just tweeted Cleverly and said I hope you get seriously ill and suffer a slow painfull death. Im quite the tough guy like that see

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:00 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Haha, yeh just seen you tweeting under the 606v2boxing banner seanus.

Just gentle jabbing, can't be too hard on him under our good name. haha. But seriously, COME ON CLEV!!!

Groves better not got he same way once he gets the WBO. Warren trying desperatley to fill Boxnation.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

Steffan wrote:I just tweeted Cleverly and said I hope you get seriously ill and suffer a slow painfull death. Im quite the tough guy like that see

Steffan, that is inappropriate. I expect better mmmkay!

But seriously, you must be disappointed in this

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:02 pm

Cleverly is single handedly destroying boxing. I hope he has a really bad injury that ruins his career and he never fights again

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:02 pm

How does asking him to fight his mandatory equate to wanting him seriously ill and too suffer a slow painful death.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

To be honest if I was a tough as some of the guys on here who tweet boxers I would probably go up to Cefn Forest myself and teach him a lesson that he would never forget

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Steffan wrote:I just tweeted Cleverly and said I hope you get seriously ill and suffer a slow painfull death. Im quite the tough guy like that see

I know Steffan is being sarcastic here, suggesting troll-like behaviours from some of our other members, but I do detect that the honeymoon is over Whistle

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I've actually gone for #paperchampion

But thats better. We can actually get a response you know.
Have you got a twitter account JabMachine? Can I tweet you at #liesonboxingforumsaboutsparingwithtopfighters

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:14 pm

[quote="Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn"]
Steffan wrote:If Clev takes another fight like this (especially after me paying to watch Karpency) then il be losing interest myself. I dont think he will though he knows the public just wont take to him if he carries on doing that

This forum does get well OTT though you would swear Cleverly is singlehandedly bringing boxing to its destruction the way some people carry on

RebornD-e-orwhateverhisreallylong-username-is clearly has an agenda against Clev and nothing he can say will lead me to believe otherwise
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:15 pm

What does that have to do with this Steffan? If you're planning to use that in a malicious way like you suggest then you're taking this waaaaay too seriously.

I don't see why you take everything against Welsh boxers so personally to the point of being so insufferable.

You can actually tweet me at

#whenitrytoinsultpeopleishouldusecorrectspelling

and

#idontknowwhyimdefendingsomeonewhentheyhavenoreasontobedefended

Tweeting a boxer as I have doesn't make me tough - not at all. As a fan am I not entitled to know why he's not fighting his mandatory?

You're becoming a bit of a joke mate.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm

Can we all grow up and stop trolling please?

Frankly the lot of you - that's Steffan, Reeborn, Jabmachine - have behaved and are behaving like silly children.

Grow up.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:25 pm

Oxy, its hardly acting like a child. The thing is, we all have an opinion on Cleverly, and we are entitled to air it.

If Steffan didn't take every criticism of Clev as a personal insult, spewing crap about "oh your tough for tweeting a boxer". I follow and am followed by a few on here and at not point do I troll and insult anybody on twitter, unless of course its an insult to ask why a fighter doesn't fight the guy he AGREED to fight after the last defense against a 89th ranked opponent.

Im sure others as myself included chat to boxers on twitter and the majority of them are happy to give sensible answers on their careers. Cleverly just blocks people. Says it all really.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:26 pm

Yes Oxy I agree some growing up needs to be done and I probably go a bit OTT so am gonna leave this thread now but be warned this site does not need people on it bragging about being blocked by someone on Twitter. Look what happened to that guy from down Ponty way who is now in jail for his Twitter about Fabrice Muamba. The internet is full of people who use it as a tool of hate against sportsmen and celebrities so be careful what some troll could use under the 606v2 banner. I hate Carl Froch but would never consider sending him some abusive tweet as thats what cowards are limited too

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:27 pm

I also echo Reborn - I'm not trolling, I'm not trolling boxers either, its a genuine question as I would genuinely like to know why he's not fighting his mandatory. News like this is what we thrive on. if we get an answer then we'll know - but lo and behold the mighty defender of everything Welsh wades in and takes it personally.

I'm prepared to take jibes about the sparring with Kell Brook thing by the way - but not in a malicious manner.

Nobody has sent "hate" or anything - so I'm surprised Steffan has decided that we have. We asked a question. Simples.

Last edited by JabMachineMK2 on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

Steffan wrote:Yes Oxy I agree some growing up needs to be done and I probably go a bit OTT so am gonna leave this thread now but be warned this site does not need people on it bragging about being blocked by someone on Twitter. Look what happened to that guy from down Ponty way who is now in jail for his Twitter about Fabrice Muamba. The internet is full of people who use it as a tool of hate against sportsmen and celebrities so be careful what some troll could use under the 606v2 banner. I hate Carl Froch but would never consider sending him some abusive tweet as thats what cowards are limited too

You're comparing racism to banter?? That's ridiculous. Tweeting a valid and reasonable point with no swearing or abuse is NOT trolling.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

I still think Steffan is having second thoughts about his commitment to Clev ... Maybe it's time to give Enzo Mac another chance

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:31 pm

What the heck is going on! ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:33 pm

Basically we had some harmless fun (but with more serious/valid undertones) and Stef came on and went a bit mental so Oxy had step in and call us all trolls!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:37 pm

If you want to discover why Cleverly isn't fighting his mandatory - why not offer yourself as a sparring partner Jabmachine? I'm sure you could then ask.

When I say you're being childish, its not because I'm taking a side, or because I'm biased - its because I cannot be bothered to deal with pathetic name calling for the next half hour of my life before we end up giving up on this debate and moving it to the locked area.

Yes, we are entitled to ask "why not the mandatory". The answer is relatively obvious - because he's been told to fight Krasniqi instead. Krasniqi will earn Clev and Frank more money than Sukhotsky - given that Sukhotsky is a mandatory. Other than that - there is little to choose between the 2 men. Both are orthodox fighters. Both have been outboxed in the past.

Making funny twitter tags and boasting about it on here is childish. As is incessant baiting of other members - and I'm sure you are all aware of what I'm talking about.

That a good enough explanation? Or should I phrase it in 140 characters or less?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Basically we had some harmless fun (but with more serious/valid undertones) and Stef came on and went a bit mental so Oxy had step in and call us all trolls!

Thanks,

Well understandably Steffan is upset with Clev's level of opposition and is allowing it to manifest itself in this manner.

Not sure what a Troll is, but i will take it

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

Well oxy, I can't think of how I called someone a name or put a hashtag on this thread. I just reminded steffan of a quote he made a few weeks ago. Windy used to do the same to d4 to remind him of things he said about mayweather etc. Can't ever remember windy being called childish though.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

oxring wrote:
Yes, we are entitled to ask "why not the mandatory". The answer is relatively obvious - because he's been told to fight Krasniqi instead. Krasniqi will earn Clev and Frank more money than Sukhotsky - given that Sukhotsky is a mandatory. Other than that - there is little to choose between the 2 men. Both are orthodox fighters. Both have been outboxed in the past.

I can't really accept this. Krasniqi by all accounts is in no way deserving of a world championship fight where as Sukhotsky, for good or ill, is the mandatory. To basically say they are much of a muchness is understating the issue and giving Cleverly far too much credit as a boxer. The fact is, if he had been fighting Sukhotsky, the quality may have been challenged by a few, but most of us would have accepted that it was a step in the right direction.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:55 pm

Krasniqi has fought 8 debutants, EIGHT!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:02 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Well oxy, I can't think of how I called someone a name or put a hashtag on this thread. I just reminded steffan of a quote he made a few weeks ago. Windy used to do the same to d4 to remind him of things he said about mayweather etc. Can't ever remember windy being called childish though.

Not sure that Windy was doing it to rile D4 Reeborn. Why were you doing it to Steffan? To educate him?

Deliberate riling of other members must and will stop.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:04 pm

oxring wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Well oxy, I can't think of how I called someone a name or put a hashtag on this thread. I just reminded steffan of a quote he made a few weeks ago. Windy used to do the same to d4 to remind him of things he said about mayweather etc. Can't ever remember windy being called childish though.

Not sure that Windy was doing it to rile D4 Reeborn. Why were you doing it to Steffan? To educate him?

Off with their heads!!!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:05 pm

bhb001 wrote:
oxring wrote:

I can't really accept this. Krasniqi by all accounts is in no way deserving of a world championship fight where as Sukhotsky, for good or ill, is the mandatory. To basically say they are much of a muchness is understating the issue and giving Cleverly far too much credit as a boxer. The fact is, if he had been fighting Sukhotsky, the quality may have been challenged by a few, but most of us would have accepted that it was a step in the right direction.

I'd rather he fought Sukhotsky - can't see for the life of me what Krasniqi offers other than the fact the money for a voluntary against Krasniqi will be better. Its also a bit early in his career to be thinking about money and the wrong way to go about it. I don't feel a need to convert this into a funny hashtag, however.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:06 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
oxring wrote:

The perils of confusing circumspection with circumcision.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
oxring wrote:

The perils of confusing circumspection with circumcision.

Haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:10 pm

EIGHT DEBUTANTS!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:10 pm

It was just a gentle reminder before somebody showed themselves up. In fact I was actually helping, saving actually, no!!! Being a hero, A SUPERHERO IN FACT.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next