The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis

+14
laverfan
slashermcguirk
LuvSports!
Henman Bill
Jahu
Tenez
spuranik
noleisthebest
lydian
bogbrush
amritia3ee
invisiblecoolers
lags72
Jeremy_Kyle
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should these two meet in the quarter finals, who do you think will win?

Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 7 ]
Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis - Page 2 Vote_lcap61%Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis - Page 2 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 18

Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis - Page 2 Empty Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 25 Mar 2012, 2:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

There is a quite boring quarter final in the upper part of the draw, between Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer. Djokovic seems to play well but is struggling to express consistently the levels seen during the past season, while Ferrer is on a good run and is grinding hard as he usually does in early stages of the tourneys.

Their H2H: please check yourself , although I bet in Djoko's favour.

If Ferrer finds unquestionably a very difficult match up in the top guys, I don't think the same things can be said for Djokovic.. In other terms the two of them play a very similar game, but on those medium slow hard court Ferrer has one in a million chance to out power Djokovic and get the win, making a statement of intent for the clay court season.

Last edited by Jeremy_Kyle on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:54 am; edited 4 times in total
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis

Post by noleisthebest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 9:46 am

invisiblecoolers wrote:Its gonna be closer and Nole fans gonna be in shock after the match is over,
Del Potro gonna scare the hell out of Nole in quarters with his ferocious ground strokes and serve, i can't wait for it.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Ferrer - Djokovic - H2H analysis

Post by noleisthebest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:50 am

noleisthebest wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:Its gonna be closer and Nole fans gonna be in shock after the match is over,
Del Potro gonna scare the hell out of Nole in quarters with his ferocious ground strokes and serve, i can't wait for it.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

and just once more for good measure Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:51 am

noleisthebest wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Laugh Laugh Laugh

somebody is confident, maybe toooooo confident???

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

LuvSports! wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Laugh Laugh Laugh

somebody is confident, maybe toooooo confident???

wow, with a name like mine, you're still in doubt?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

not over your devotion no, but over the result yes.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:11 am

LuvSports! wrote:not over your devotion no, but over the result yes.

C'mon LS, contrary to my usual ways, I put my neck on the line as soon as I saw Nole's first match in Miami (against Baggy), he looked really good, and I still stand by it. Why should I not be confident?

Why do 10 people who voted for Delpo to beat Nole in Miami (and has very poor H2H against Nole btw) have right to be confident and I don't?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:20 am

im not saying you dont have a right to be confident, did i say that? I was very confident feds wud beat roddick and look how that turned out. I think its more about they want novak 2 lose (to help feds) more than they want a DP win.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:33 am

I'm a Fed fan and I don't want Novak to lose "to help Fed".

Maybe because I'm not 12 years old.

Del Potro doesn't stand a gnat's chance in hell.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:34 am

well as you didn't vote that DP would win thats obvious really.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:39 am

Ferrer may well push Djokovic...but you feel Nole will be happier playing Ferrer than Delpo.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:42 am

Am I missing something here? In case no one noticed, Del Po is not only NOT gonna beat Djoko in this tourney, I can confidently predict that he will lose in straight sets to Ferrer. Oops, he just has.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:44 am

Exactly SFP...hence my focus on him (Ferrer above), I dont think people realised DP lost overnight Laugh
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

haha i asked last night and nobody got back to me so i assumed it was 2day.
as the arctic monkeys said before performing i bet that you look good on the dancefloor 'dont believe the hype' !

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:51 am

LuvSports! wrote:haha i asked last night and nobody got back to me so i assumed it was 2day.
as the arctic monkeys said before performing i bet that you look good on the dancefloor 'dont believe the hype' !

I must say I prefer the original Monkeys Wink ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts

GO NOLEEEEEEEEEEE Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:07 pm

told you this article was premature

and Del Potro hasn't beaten a top 4 player all season

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

Well Ferrer played really well and deserved the win, he is known for his fighting qualities and he proved that yet again yesterday.

It was a sad loss for DP, one thing that really bugs him is his focus, he is unable to sustain the same level of focus through out the match like how he did in 2009, I thought a tough win over Ferrer will do a land of good to him, I am still looking for that one convincing win over a top 5 player that would boost him morally up for the remainder of the year.

Good luck NITB. Hug

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:13 pm

poor defeat for Del Potro really. When you see how easily the top 4 usually dispose of Ferrer on hard-courts you have to wonder if Del Po is really any closer to re-discovering his pre-injury form than he was a few months ago.

Djokovic should have way too much for Ferrer, though the slowness of the courts will favour the Spaniard somewhat...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

M for Ch - agree that del Po still has some way to go. He did not get a single set in his five recent matches with Fed. Everyone keeps waiting for him to really get deep in a big tourney and it's just not happening.
It's not always the case that you need to beat a high ranker to get anywhere as sometimes somebody else does it for you. That's just not happening at the moment - or at least very rarely.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:53 pm

With so much match experience under his belt since his wrist injury healed, it's understandable that questions are now being asked of Delpo.

All credit for getting this far back up the rankings - and in a relatively short space of time. Yet he does still seem a long way short of the form that brought him that USO trophy.

It's just these sort of matches (eg v. Ferrer) where you might expect him to be getting through or at least running him much closer.

Delpo is talented and time is still on his side of course. But there are always more & more challenges in the shape of new kids on the block, and he will not want to be known as a one-Slam man.....

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Mastermind Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

amritia3ee wrote:I don't think he'll beat Ferrer in Round 4 cuppa
He guessed it!

Mastermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2