The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need the Americans to get interested in the HW division again

+10
ShahenshahG
Hodgey
Strongback
HumanWindmill
mystiroakey
compelling and rich
TopHat24/7
azania
bhb001
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We need the Americans to get interested in the HW division again - Page 2 Empty We need the Americans to get interested in the HW division again

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Historically the HW division has been dominated by Americans. Some fantastic champions through the years. However the Eastern Europeans are dominating and have done for some time. During that time, credible challengers have all but disappeared.

Now, this is a sweeping generalisation but it's broadly true: Americans are only really interested on a large scale, by sports they dominate. Now there's plenty of American champions in other weight divisions, but if we look at other sports for a second.

Golf...Americans seriously went off the Ryder Cup when the Europeans started to dominate. Much of the chat in the golfing press suggested the Americans needed to win again to keep the competition going as dwindling TV and ad money spelled doom. It's been pulled back though following a US win

NFL/ NBA/ Major League etc. Primarily American sports. Loved by the nation. Totally dominated by the Americans.

Soccer...something kids do in school then forget about. But it's still the biggest sport in the world, yet Americans have no interest as they don't dominate it.

Boxing...we need the americans to fall in love with HW boxing. I don't know where potential US boxers are ending up, probably the NFL, but for the long term good of the division, we need the Americans to get behind someone.

(Rant prompted by poor Klitshcko fight)

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

We need the Americans to get interested in the HW division again - Page 2 Empty Re: We need the Americans to get interested in the HW division again

Post by oxring Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

For an overrated plodder - its amazing how he went undefeated really - and how so many more skilled boxers have tried the same feat and failed.

For someone so truly awful - why does he hold a record that so far has proven untouchable.

And he wouldn't even be a CW champ? Course - the skills of Huck, or the lard Lebedev would definitely give Rock nightmares...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

We need the Americans to get interested in the HW division again - Page 2 Empty Re: We need the Americans to get interested in the HW division again

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:39 pm

Why bother Oxy? I gave up trying to debate this sensibly a long time ago.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:45 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Why bother Oxy? I gave up trying to debate sensibly a long time ago.
Amended for you OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

Steffan wrote:I gave up trying to debate sensibly a long time ago.

That seems better.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:50 pm

Only joking Ghosty Smile

Like my good self you are a reformed character nowadays

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:34 pm

As a Welshman Ghosty - I'm a born optimist. I have to hope and believe that everyone, even Az will finally come round to the ways of common sense.

We all can dream...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:30 pm

oxring wrote:As a Welshman Ghosty - I'm a born optimist. I have to hope and believe that everyone, even Az will finally come round to the ways of common sense.

We all can dream...

Dream on mate (I mean in the sense that one day you will see sense and support my common sense approach Whistle )

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2