The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavyweight boxer Dereck Chisora banned indefinitely by the World Boxing Council

+25
huw
Union Cane
Steffan
Soldier_Of_Fortune
JabMachineMK2
Valero's Conscience
Mind the windows Tino.
ShahenshahG
hampo17
The Galveston Giant
tunes666
manos de piedra
eirebilly
raven45
AlexHuckerby
horizontalhero
oxring
PPVxHOTTY
Josiah Maiestas
The genius of PBF
azania
steven24
School Project
TopHat24/7
Good Golly I'm Olly
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heavyweight boxer Dereck Chisora banned indefinitely by the World Boxing Council  - Page 2 Empty Heavyweight boxer Dereck Chisora banned indefinitely by the World Boxing Council

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17200218

Well thoughts?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Heavyweight boxer Dereck Chisora banned indefinitely by the World Boxing Council  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heavyweight boxer Dereck Chisora banned indefinitely by the World Boxing Council

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:40 pm

No need to bring Redknapp into this :>)

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Heavyweight boxer Dereck Chisora banned indefinitely by the World Boxing Council  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heavyweight boxer Dereck Chisora banned indefinitely by the World Boxing Council

Post by School Project Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Unsure of why my post from last night was removed? Maybe it was deleted because it was in the middle of bickering.

Anyways, my point is this. The WBC are quick to punish Chisora when they were happy to support the following boxers:

Edwin Valero - WBC Lightweight Champion: During his reign he was accused of assaulting a family friend, attacking his family, assaulting his wife on numerous occassions. Was never given a full boxing license due to possible brain injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was clearly a nutter... oh and he eventually murdered his wife.

Carlos Monzon - WBC Middleweight Champion: A history of assaulting women, was charged a number of times for beating his first wife and altercations, again, all whilst defending the WBC title.

Riddick Bowe - WBC Heavyweight Champion: Always a loud mouth before fights, threw the first punch against Berbick in a press conference (without gloves), whilst holding the WBC title.

Mike Tyson - Challenged for the WBC belt countless times: Shouted prison styled threats to reporters, told a female interviewer to leave before he did something he'd regret, bit Lennox Lewis' leg, took a chunk from Evanders ear...

How is it that the WBC have now got on their high horse because Derek is such a threat to humanity? Although they will allow their current Middleweight champ to drive around LA drunk as hell and ignore blood tests.

Derek has just been made an example of, although I don't condone them, they are no where near as bad as people have made out.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Well said SP.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:... With young, gang related gun crime (especially "black on black") made to be a real issue in London and elsewhere by the media and police, it was the worst sort of message from Boxing (via Chisora and megaphoned by the media). ...
I agree this episode has been characterised by overblown hysteria but please do not make light of the genuine serious crime issues and suggest they are a media fabrication or some kind of PR tool for the police. I've been living and working in London for 5 years and every week (if not every few days) Operation Trident are involved in a new violent, often fatal, incident involving young black men and guns/knives.

Last summer's riots that swept the country started with an armed known criminal being shot by police. This isn't humdrum, it's reality.
I was trying to be P.C. so was referencing the sources of that information.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Its not Derecks actions outside that they're looking at, they're looking at these 4 issues:

1) The press conference slap.

2) The reaction Chisora had to Wladimir being in his dressing room, delaying the fight due to the afters involved.

3) Spitting in Wladimirs face on live TV while their title was paraded in the background.

4) The press conference riot. Their belt was on the table.

They're looking at the whole issue at hand associated with their "brand" they can't be seen to sanction fighters who act like that where their title is so prominently known as being the sanctioning body. I doubt that if this happened with Wlad each of his title's owners would come out and do the same. its because its a solitary brand issue.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Its not Derecks actions outside that they're looking at, they're looking at these 4 issues:

1) The press conference slap.

2) The reaction Chisora had to Wladimir being in his dressing room, delaying the fight due to the afters involved.

3) Spitting in Wladimirs face on live TV while their title was paraded in the background.

4) The press conference riot. Their belt was on the table.

They're looking at the whole issue at hand associated with their "brand" they can't be seen to sanction fighters who act like that where their title is so prominently known as being the sanctioning body. I doubt that if this happened with Wlad each of his title's owners would come out and do the same. its because its a solitary brand issue.

The WBC belt was present during the Bowe vs Berbick press brawl.

The WBC belt was present during the Morales vs Barrera brawl.

The WBC belt was present during the Lewis vs Tyson brawl.

Where's the difference?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:43 pm

School Project wrote:Unsure of why my post from last night was removed? Maybe it was deleted because it was in the middle of bickering.

Anyways, my point is this. The WBC are quick to punish Chisora when they were happy to support the following boxers:

Edwin Valero - WBC Lightweight Champion: During his reign he was accused of assaulting a family friend, attacking his family, assaulting his wife on numerous occassions. Was never given a full boxing license due to possible brain injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was clearly a nutter... oh and he eventually murdered his wife.

Carlos Monzon - WBC Middleweight Champion: A history of assaulting women, was charged a number of times for beating his first wife and altercations, again, all whilst defending the WBC title.

Riddick Bowe - WBC Heavyweight Champion: Always a loud mouth before fights, threw the first punch against Berbick in a press conference (without gloves), whilst holding the WBC title.

Mike Tyson - Challenged for the WBC belt countless times: Shouted prison styled threats to reporters, told a female interviewer to leave before he did something he'd regret, bit Lennox Lewis' leg, took a chunk from Evanders ear...

How is it that the WBC have now got on their high horse because Derek is such a threat to humanity? Although they will allow their current Middleweight champ to drive around LA drunk as hell and ignore blood tests.

Derek has just been made an example of, although I don't condone them, they are no where near as bad as people have made out.

I can't remeber Bowe hitting Berwick.

I can remember him punching Larry Donald though. Has he done it twice?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
School Project wrote:Unsure of why my post from last night was removed? Maybe it was deleted because it was in the middle of bickering.

I can't remeber Bowe hitting Berwick.

I can remember him punching Larry Donald though. Has he done it twice?

Yeah you're right... Berbick and Bowe never fought. I got confused... Berbick done the drop kick during the riot didn't he?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 am

Get real people. Chisora was always going to get the book thrown at him. The WBC wants to put a stop to all this slapping and spitting before it gets out of hand and other fighters think they can get away with it. Its no reflection on Chisoras personal life...its the fact that he has done stupid stuff on live TV. He gets what he deserves

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:08 am

Yeah it was Larry Donald and he looked a little suprised Laugh
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:08 am

School Project wrote:Yeah you're right... Berbick and Bowe never fought. I got confused... Berbick done the drop kick during the riot didn't he?

Larry Holmes drop kicked Berbick.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:11 am

In fairness things that Mayweather / Chavez Jr did weren't whilst working.

Chisora did a lot of things whilst working, press conference / weigh in / in the ring - I think that makes this a different case from those above.

If someone hit their wife at home they'd be a scumbag but they wouldn't lose their job.

Tyson situation however is comparable but it seems Chisora did everything in the one fight, had each incident happend for a separate fight I expect he'd be considered a 'character' and allowed to get on with it.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 am

Its no great loss anyway. I got nothing against the Chis but he has lost his last 3 fights in a row. Two of them were at European level. A bit of 'reflection time' may do him good and he comes back as a better fighter. Doubt it will...but you never know

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 am

Steffan wrote:Its no great loss anyway. I got nothing against the Chis but he has lost his last 3 fights in a row. Two of them were at European level.

Not picking on you mate, but he's lost three of his last four.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:20 am

Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:Its no great loss anyway. I got nothing against the Chis but he has lost his last 3 fights in a row. Two of them were at European level.

Not picking on you mate, but he's lost three of his last four.
Good point. I did forget about the Ziausys fight. Prehaps im being harsh on him as to be fair his performance against Vitali was one to remember but its a shame his other antics have overshadowed that now

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCert Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:34 am

Have a look at the corruption and do something about that rather than blowing this type of thing out of all proportion and acting all holier-than-thou IMO.

SuperCert

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 am

I said that to the old bill last time I got knicked

"It was the alcohol that corrupted me occifer"
RedWine

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:41 am

Union Cane wrote:
School Project wrote:Yeah you're right... Berbick and Bowe never fought. I got confused... Berbick done the drop kick during the riot didn't he?

Cheers Union... Cleared that one up for me!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:46 am

It's a tough one, we're all on the same page... Chisora is an absolute idiot and he only has himself to blame.

I just find it hard to swallow all of the things that do go on in boxing and they only now pick up on it.

Essentially it's fine for Bernard Hopkins to get a bit racial, burn flags and act all gangster during a build up of a fight, but it's alright because he's an established name. But Chisora gets the book thrown at him for trying to be a bit "old-school-bad-boy" heavyweight.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:47 am

School Project wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Sounds like an excuse to watch it again...

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:51 am

Union Cane wrote:
School Project wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Sounds like an excuse to watch it again...

Spoiler:

It is one of the greatest videos in boxing (Along with the amateur boxer who couldn't get in or out of the ring). I would love to know what the press reaction was during that brawl.

Two footed drop-kick, limo, loads of people around - It's definately more WWF than Boxing.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 am

Would be good to get a Q&A with someone from the WBC to get some of our questions across. I doubt they would answer them though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 am

The war of words was a just as funny with Berbick and Holmes. Some of things Berbick said about Larrys misses were obscene Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:23 am

Collateral, apologies. Didn't intentionally remove anything of yours - but as I was moving and merging - some people's stuff will have got moved.

The decision is both unfair and fair. Its fair - because proportionately to Chisora's actions - an indefinite ban until he has shown contrition and an anger management class - is fair.

It is unfair because of the way the same organisation has handled wife beaters, drug abusers and former rapists.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 am

I think we all agree some sort of ban had to be imposed,but the WBC obviously have double standards when you look at what happened at the Lewis,Tyson press conference.

Frank Maloney on Sky agrees with some sort of punishment for Chisora, but said it appears if you make money for the WBC then you escape punishment.

Maloney might not be far from the truth,don't like dishonesty in any sport. so can't stand Jose Suliman

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:47 am

oxring wrote:

Collateral, apologies. Didn't intentionally remove anything of yours - but as I was moving and merging - some people's stuff will have got moved.

The decision is both unfair and fair. Its fair - because proportionately to Chisora's actions - an indefinite ban until he has shown contrition and an anger management class - is fair.

It is unfair because of the way the same organisation has handled wife beaters, drug abusers and former rapists.

Thought it might have been, shame I posted in the middle of some arguments about Kevin Mitchell again Sad

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:00 am

School Project wrote:
oxring wrote:

Thought it might have been, shame I posted in the middle of some arguments about Kevin Mitchell again Sad

Unfortunately Mitchell is becoming the no-go area Manny was back when D4 was around.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:02 am

At least Manny is an elite boxer. Mitchell is...........not.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 am

Kevin Mitchell is single handedly going to revive boxing. He will beat the Klitschkos this year.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:13 am

Storm in a teacup.

Chisora will be fighting again in no time.

BBBC will give him 6 months and a fine and Frank will throw in a few sweetners.

This is boxing baby!

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:41 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Unfortunately Mitchell is becoming the no-go area Manny was back when D4 was around.....

I'm sick of his name cropping up on every thread I visit. I was hoping to create a list of some decent fights that could be made this year and instead it was hijacked by some Kevin Mitchell fanatic.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:43 am

Update:

Chisora has now been granted a hearing by the WBC's #1 hypocritical malignant tumour Jose Sulaiman:

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7556031/WBC-Chisora-will-get-hearing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:46 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Update:

Chisora has now been granted a hearing by the WBC's #1 hypocritical malignant tumour Jose Sulaiman:

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7556031/WBC-Chisora-will-get-hearing

Next week's Headline:

"Derek Chisora throws feces at WBC President, takes 4 hostage".

If he turns up in person, it's going to be a Charles Bronson-esque mess.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:46 am

Should think so too. Still not going to be too good for him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:47 am

I hope he wears his Union Jack scarf around his face to it and slaps Jose a shot. Laugh .
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:51 am

School Project wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Update:

Next week's Headline:

"Derek Chisora throws feces at WBC President, takes 4 hostage".

If he turns up in person, it's going to be a Charles Bronson-esque mess.
laughing Yahoo

Have you seen the Tom Hardy film, Bronson? It's cracking, though quite mental (probably fitting).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:01 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Have you seen the Tom Hardy film, Bronson? It's cracking, though quite mental (probably fitting).

Yeah it's awesome, I'm a big Nicolas Refn fan after that movie... the scene where he gets naked in his cell and has that guard with him and he tells the guard to start painting him is one of the funniest scenes ever.

I can picture everything that goes on in Chisoras head pretty much what goes on in that movie.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 am

* I have no proof for this, it is only my opinion. Just in case Johnnie Cochran happens to be reading.

Relax Mate, I think Mr Cochran died a couple of years back.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 am

If Chisora became the IBF Heavyweight Champion in the future just watch the money grubbing sleaze at the WBC lift the ban if there was a massive unification bout with their champion on the table. The ban means very little, especially if Chisora goes ahead with his "anger management" training. Got a feeling the nutter Del Boy is gonna get off quite lightly in the end.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2