The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread.

+61
Portnoy's Complaint
Biltong
Brian Moores Twin
aitchw
Bathman_in_London
Geordie
ultra
EnglishReign
lostinwales
gboycottnut
OzT
rainbow-warrior
A World Cup and 3 Finals
HongKongCherry
Scrumpy
Breadvan
Cyril
RubyGuby
Galted
AlastairW
offload
LondonTiger
Duty281
Pal Joey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Portnoy
nganboy
tigertattie
mckay1402
TrailApe
Knowsit17
bluestonevedder
Jimpy
ScarletSpiderman
nobbled
BamBam
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Comfort
Effervescing Elephant
damage_13
jimmyinthewell68
Luckless Pedestrian
thebluesmancometh
gregortree
kiakahaaotearoa
munkian
HammerofThunor
pontylad
mowgli
Dontheman
mystiroakey
anotherworldofpain
LordDowlais
Morgannwg
gowales
eirebilly
majesticimperialman
sugarNspikes
Casartelli
Thomond
HERSH
65 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread. Empty The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread.

Post by HERSH Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:40 am

2013 bickering thread

OK, every year we see threads that actually contain really good rugby discussion derailed by the ongoing Wales vs England bickering and WUMMING! I will name no names. I guess we have all been guilty.

Since most of the general bickering comes from the respective fans of Wales and England ; I thought I would create a thread for it in an effort to keep decent rugby discussion relatively WUM free in other threads.

Let it commence
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread. Empty Re: The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread.

Post by HERSH Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Is this the calm before the storm?

only another 237 days to go.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread. Empty Re: The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread.

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:42 pm

I think because they don't have any hope of reaching a World Cup final ever, like nearly every competing rugby country the Welsh might have just given up.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Now we play exactly the same style of rugby, I guess there isn't much to 'WUM' about any more.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Does anyone remember that evening back on old 606 just after the Lee Byrne "16th man" hearing when everyone was waiting with baited breath to see if he was going to be banned for the England game?

There were something like 3 pages of articles on the rugby section all on the one subject. It nearly went into meltdown.

Server busy!

Good times Smile

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Every knows that Wales are Grand Slam winners.

But also every knows that Wales are below England in the IRB rankins. thumbsup Yahoo

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Ok, so since you guys have this, who is going to make The Official 2012/2013 Irish v Irish bickering thread? Wink

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:26 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:Does anyone remember that evening back on old 606 just after the Lee Byrne "16th man" hearing when everyone was waiting with baited breath to see if he was going to be banned for the England game?

There were something like 3 pages of articles on the rugby section all on the one subject. It nearly went into meltdown.

Server busy!

Good times Smile

There seems to be this strange "hate" for Byrne, mostly from Welsh fans strangely enough! We really do like to beat our players when they are down for some reason... (Ryan Jones, Stephen Jones, Mike Phillips, James Hook for example).

I personally thought he was the fullback we've had in the pro era.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:28 pm

gowales wrote:
sugarNspikes wrote:Does anyone remember that evening back on old 606 just after the Lee Byrne "16th man" hearing when everyone was waiting with baited breath to see if he was going to be banned for the England game?

Server busy!

Good times Smile

There seems to be this strange "hate" for Byrne, mostly from Welsh fans strangely enough! We really do like to beat our players when they are down for some reason... (Ryan Jones, Stephen Jones, Mike Phillips, James Hook for example).

The Scots don't like him much either. Very Happy

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:30 pm

eirebilly wrote:Ok, so since you guys have this, who is going to make The Official 2012/2013 Irish v Irish bickering thread? Wink

You've got loads of them except they're normally called things like "Pick Your Ireland squad" or "Earls? Yay or Nay?" or any thread with that Sin é character in it Wink

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:31 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:
gowales wrote:

Server busy!

Good times Smile

The Scots don't like him much either. Very Happy

Ohhh yes. That's very true. I've had plenty of arguments with Scots fans calling him dirty. Mentioning Nathan Hines and Jim Hamilton seems to shut them up quite nicely though Smile

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:18 pm

When it comes to Lee Byrne bickering, the Scots won that one by miles back on the old 606, when they accused him of a dive which cheated Scotland out of the 2010 game. There was also another ridiculous accusation of Byrne intending to injure a Scotland player whilst Byrne himself was illegally taken out when going for the high ball. Really peed me off at the time, as did the endless 16th man thread. Entertaining game though (Wales vs Scotland 2010).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:34 pm

HERSH wrote:2013 bickering thread

OK, every year we see threads that actually contain really good rugby discussion derailed by the ongoing Wales vs England bickering and WUMMING! I will name no names. I guess we have all been guilty.

Since most of the general bickering comes from the respective fans of Wales and England ; I thought I would create a thread for it in an effort to keep decent rugby discussion relatively WUM free in other threads.

Let it commence

Laugh Some more than others hey Hershy. laughing Now for me to add my tuppence. When you have finally beaten us then you can bicker with us, until then I will lord it over you. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:04 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Let it commence

Laugh Some more than others hey Hershy. laughing Now for me to add my tuppence. When you have finally beaten us then you can bicker with us, until then I will lord it over you. Yahoo

Should not you have said. Untill Wales go above England in the IRB rankins. We will Lord it of you. laughing Yahoo

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:07 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Let it commence

Should not you have said. Untill Wales go above England in the IRB rankins. We will Lord it of you. laughing Yahoo

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Same boring comment on every single thread.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Yes but come back when you beat us

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:25 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Yes but come back when you beat us

Ha, blydi cheats you Welsh. Paying ballboys to give you the wrong ball and diving (football style) conning refs into giving a tip tackle penalty to win a match. No respect for you cheaters.

Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:39 pm

eirebilly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Yes but come back when you beat us

Ha, blydi cheats you Welsh. Paying ballboys to give you the wrong ball and diving (football style) conning refs into giving a tip tackle penalty to win a match. No respect for you cheaters.

Wink

Like the Irish refs in the rabo. Run

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Games played 122

England 56 wins Yahoo
Wales 54 wins thumbsdown
12 draws Headscratch

When you have finally overtaken us then you can bicker with us, until then I will lord it over you. Very Happy

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Wales make further in the RWC than ENG.
Wales win the Grandslam.

Yet ENG still rank higher... Is something rotten in IRB rankings?

Normally this ranking is some accuracy but this time seems inexplicable to understand. Would anybody rather face WAL than ENG in a match they had to bet on the mortgage? I don't think so. WAL are clearly the better team on the moment now, so how can this oddity be explanation?

Last edited by anotherworldofpain on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:21 pm

England are 4th in the world, We must do better. On the other hand wales are doing very well at 6th considering there small population and lack of genetics

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Although Anthony Hopkins is welsh, he’s never been accused of sheep shagging.

It’s all down to the silence of the lambs.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:17 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Wales make further in the RWC than ENG.
Wales win the Grandslam.

Normally this ranking is some accuracy but this time seems inexplicable to understand. Would anybody rather face WAL than ENG in a match they had to bet on the mortgage? I don't think so. WAL are clearly the better team on the moment now, so how can this oddity be explanation?

That's not how the rankings work mate picard

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 am

Plainly obviously this thread is nothing but a WUM ZZZZZZZZZZZ ...............

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:45 am

HERSH wrote:Games played 122

England 56 wins Yahoo
Wales 54 wins thumbsdown
12 draws Headscratch

When you have finally overtaken us then you can bicker with us, until then I will lord it over you. Very Happy
picard

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:15 am

Come on, the Welsh have great fans look at all the girls in this pink cobow hats that have teeth that can eat apples through tennis rackets. They are dead sexy after 22 pints Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 am

Everyone seems to moan about the IRB rankings, yet when you look at it without any patriotic biased views its spot on.

England are ranked higher from Wales as we're more consistent, Wales are very up and down.

I think Wales will have a shocker this season I predict only one AI win and at best three wins in the 6 nations. Oh and a 6th place IRB ranking.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:05 am

HERSH I think this thread came a bit too soon. It's boring already. Sad
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:09 am

26th Feb might have been a bit early!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:25 am

Morgannwg wrote:HERSH I think this thread came a bit too soon. It's boring already. Sad

That does raise an interesting point IMO the Welsh lack the stomach for a long hard fight, maybe this is why they lose Test matches in the SH?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 am

The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread. 3497602689 HERSH The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread. 1710857839
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 am

HERSH, how do you explain Ireland's capitulation then? One thing I learned from 606v2 is that they NEVER give up and can talk the ears off a donkey for stubborn.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by pontylad Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 am

Dog days of summer so hard to get worked up about this at the moment , must be something in the news though even if it's not rugby related .

Oh yes the Olympics kicks off at 4pm today at the Millenium Stadium so why do most of the London media insist it's in two days time , and why are there no Welsh players in the women's GB football team . Smile

pontylad

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Wales make further in the RWC than ENG.
Wales win the Grandslam.

In the last year England have lost to France, Wales, South Africa and South Africa. Last game a draw against South Africa in South Africa.
In the last year Wales have lost to France, Australia, Australia, Australia, Australia, Australia. Last game a loss against Australia in Australia.

So England have lost 4 games (only one during the World Cup) and Wales have lost 6 games (two during the World Cup). England's last game was a draw against a superior ranked team. Wales' last games was a loss against a superior ranked team.

Explained

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:19 am

eirebilly wrote:Come on, the Welsh have great fans look at all the girls in this pink cobow hats that have teeth that can eat apples through tennis rackets. They are dead sexy after 22 pints Wink

I've been to Dublin, they are either skag heads or bright orange with Scouse brows.

And thats just the women Erm
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:04 am

Hammer, England lost only one RWC match because they lost in the quarter finals. Wales got to the semis and then lost a 3rd 4th playoff, an ill advised game in Wales and then a 3 match series against Australia. To me it just proves Australia has the wood over Wales. Their Grand Slam shows that they have the edge in the NH.

I think both teams have the same problem. An ability to win against the top ranked teams. England have proven they can beat Australia but struggle against SA and NZ. There's not much difference between the two sides as I see it. Maybe the AI matches will separate the two.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 am

munkian wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Come on, the Welsh have great fans look at all the girls in this pink cobow hats that have teeth that can eat apples through tennis rackets. They are dead sexy after 22 pints Wink

I've been to Dublin, they are either skag heads or bright orange with Scouse brows.

And thats just the women The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread. 57983

You hav'nt seen the sheep in Co. Clare, now they are sexier than Dublin women and all the sheep in Wales Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Sorry, this thread is not about Irish sheep, no matter how good looking:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2008/11/with-the-recent.html

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:45 pm

The Official 2013 Wales v England bickering thread. 810156456 Cheeky feica Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Billy

You are so full of it, although there was one sheep who was special in Kilkee in general they are a bunch of bow wows!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Give me a goat over a sheep every time. Preferably a Billy goat. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:13 pm

A Welshman that likes Goats over sheep? Headscratch
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:47 pm

A welshman, a sheep, and a dog were survivors of a terrible shipwreck. They found themselves stranded on a desert island.

After being there a while, they got into the habit of going to the beach
every evening to watch the sun go down. One particular evening, the sky
was red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle; a
perfect night for romance.

As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the
welshman. Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it.
But the dog got jealous, growling fiercely until the welshman took his
arm from around the sheep. After that, the three of them continued to
enjoy the sunsets together, but there was no more cuddling.

A few weeks passed by, and lo and behold, there was another shipwreck.
The only survivor was a beautiful young woman, the most beautiful woman
the welshman had ever seen. She was in a pretty bad way when they
rescued her, and they slowly nursed her back to health. When the young
maiden was well enough, they introduced her to their evening beach
ritual. It was another beautiful evening: red sky, cirrus clouds, a warm
and gentle breeze; perfect for a night of romance.

Pretty soon, the welshman started to get "those feelings" again. He
fought them as long as he could, but he finally gave in and leaned over
to the young woman, cautiously, and whispered in her ear...

"could you take the dog for a walk?"

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:07 pm

BTW GBR womens football are playing against NZ at the moment at the milenium stadium. There isnt one fan!!! what is with you wrongon welsh!!

get away from your fluffy pets and support our team!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Maybee if they didn't play when everyone was in work then we could all go and watch. Doh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Are you really telling me that you lot have jobs?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 pm

mystiroakey wrote:BTW GBR womens football are playing against NZ at the moment at the milenium stadium. There isnt one fan!!! what is with you wrongon welsh!!

get away from your fluffy pets and support our team!

Apparently is 40,000 tickets sold, but the security is take so long nobody could get into the stadium before the second half. 1-0 to GB.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Oh ok thats good- what a shame tho

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:44 pm

blimey just turned it over again

the place is getting full. your right AWOP..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Was just one G4S staff member checking them all in I guess.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next