The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Degale

+17
Demon Racer
ONETWOFOREVER
All Time Great
Seanusarrilius
Steffan
DaveVDK
Josiah Maiestas
TopHat24/7
School Project
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
The Galveston Giant
manos de piedra
Soldier_Of_Fortune
OasisBFC
Rowley
azania
JabMachineMK2
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

James Degale - Page 2 Empty James Degale

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Morning boys and girls,

Just wondered whats happening with James Degale? I know his last fight was cancelled due to not being able to sell out his own front room after being a bit of an arrogant twit but whats happening with his career now?

Is this going to affect him?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

James Degale - Page 2 Empty Re: James Degale

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:00 pm

The kid has only had 13 fights. For goodness sakes, he's still a novice. He's not as good as he thinks he is. Bih deal. Well guess what, Groves talk the right talk, but I can bet you that he is also not as good as he thinks he is. He won a fight that could have gone either way (I had Groves winning by a round) so now the anti degale plums are writing JDG off. How about giving credit to Groves as opposed to criticising JDG.

Many here say a loss doesn't mean a thing and then you contradict yourselves. Get a grip.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:21 pm

Think his confidence took a knock in the groves loss az - think he convinced himself that it would have been an easy win and when he lost it jolted his nerves. Hes much better than what he showed in that fight but how much better - i'm not sure. Might be the fact that he made it through against the pole has gone some way towards restoring him but we wont know until he fights someone good. Only thing I don't like about it is he seems to be laying the blame elsewhere for his failure to engage the attention of the crowds and seems to think Warren has done him poorly. Think he needs to do a khan and work his arse off to drag himself out of the mire otherwise he will be the architect of his own failure.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Think his confidence took a knock in the groves loss az - think he convinced himself that it would have been an easy win and when he lost it jolted his nerves. Hes much better than what he showed in that fight but how much better - i'm not sure. Might be the fact that he made it through against the pole has gone some way towards restoring him but we wont know until he fights someone good. Only thing I don't like about it is he seems to be laying the blame elsewhere for his failure to engage the attention of the crowds and seems to think Warren has done him poorly. Think he needs to do a khan and work his arse off to drag himself out of the mire otherwise he will be the architect of his own failure.

Of course it did. A loss has that effect on many boxers who are better than him.

Personally I dont think he'll beat Groves. Groves is one of those boxers who will always give him problems. More of a mental thing than ability.

Do you know the issues he has with Warren?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:37 pm

Just my own suppositions - that Warren isnt getting him a rematch with groves and wants degale to fight on a card that has groves headlining it. Think he is desperate to erase his own demons and isnt waiting around for frank to sort it. Nothing concrete though.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Not fussed on Degale as a person, but that aside I honestly don't see anything special about him.

He was all over the place and in trouble against Wilczewski a fighter who only has 10 kos in a 32 fight career had it been a bigger puncher Degale would have been looking at a 2nd defeat,his defense was shocking.

Sorry Allow me to raise some points here.

First of all Wilczewski was a euro champ and a hardest prospect/risk he has faced to date, especially considering the timing, having come off a deflating result to Groves. Had Degale lost it would have been a huge set back.

So there was allot of pressure on him for that fight, the reward, pretty much wiping away the Groves defeat.

But if you put Wilczewski against any of the fighters Degale has faced, he would probably beat them all, with Groves being the only (?), more than likely groves winning.

Degale did not dazzle against Wilczewski but he won, clearly.

Name me another fighter that has hurt Degale?, Groves never hurt him once... Paul Smith?, not a sniff..

Than in its self suggests that Wilczewski while not the best, is a euro level fighter with allot of experience and durability, capable of exposing some people.

A negative outlook could say, Degale faced a euro champ who is not world class, and did not sweep him away, was caught with some solid punches too much on one ocasion wobbling him, and had to battle for the win.

A positive outlook could say, in just his 12th pro fight, he showed bottle, a chin, and also wobbled a euro level fighter on more than one occasion who's record suggests a pretty good chin. Ultimately Degale showing superior boxing skills which made him a clear winner against a guy with 31 fights under his belt who had only tasted defeat once.

Lets say Degale goes to the gym and works on some gaps in his defense, ok. then he fights Wilczewski again, I say he stops him or at least wins an EASY UD.

Thats how both Degale and Groves will improve.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:42 pm

I have just noticed that Wilczewski is fighting Arthur Abraham, March 31st, in Germany.

While I expect Abraham to win, it will be interesting to see how well Arthur Wilczewski bares against a world level fighter and will give us another perspective of Degales win.

that being said I think Wilczewski is a similar fighter than Abraham with less power so think he might be suited for Abs..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

azania wrote:The kid has only had 13 fights.

12 Smile

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:46 pm

tunes666 wrote:I have just noticed that Wilczewski is fighting Arthur Abraham, March 31st, in Germany.

While I expect Abraham to win, it will be interesting to see how well Arthur Wilczewski bares against a world level fighter and will give us another perspective of Degales win.

that being said I think Wilczewski is a similar fighter than Abraham with less power so think he might be suited for Abs..

It wont give any perspective on Degales win. ALi beat Foreman who beat Frazier who beat Ali.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Just my own suppositions - that Warren isnt getting him a rematch with groves and wants degale to fight on a card that has groves headlining it. Think he is desperate to erase his own demons and isnt waiting around for frank to sort it. Nothing concrete though.

but why would a euro champ fight on a Brit champ under card?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Just my own suppositions - that Warren isnt getting him a rematch with groves and wants degale to fight on a card that has groves headlining it. Think he is desperate to erase his own demons and isnt waiting around for frank to sort it. Nothing concrete though.

Maybe he doesn't want to be hidden away in Boxnation watched by 25 people.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

azania wrote:

It wont give any perspective on Degales win. ALi beat Foreman who beat Frazier who beat Ali.

Give me a brake, so if Wilczewski gives Abriham a good fight, you will still regard him as weak opposition?

Rolling Eyes

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:54 pm

azania wrote:

He should of beat Groves then, he was outhustled by a smarter fighter and then his promoter comes out firmly and says i am behind DeGale if he fights Groves again, that is worrying for George, especially if it's a close fight, Frank will insist on a win for his 'golden boy', Cleverly, Groves are both better fighters than DeGale imo, and Warren must know that as well, as for Box Nation, it is far better than sky, who used to put Khan against a shot to bits fighter in Barrera as PPV, with Maccarinelli's latest comeback on the undercard, or Haye vs the world class Harrison for £14.95, i would rather pay £10 a month for at least 5 world title fights and Buncey's boxing hour, etc. Pure class Box Nation

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:54 pm

:facepalm: sorry mate - i keep forgetting he is the euro champ. But he has been chasing a groves rematch for ages

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

azania wrote:

hmmm good point, but Box Nation has all the ingredients to succeed. Because it has lots of potential options to make casual boxing fans use it.. for example it may introduce pay as you go for some fights... or even monthly contracts meaning people can just pay like £12.50 for a month, permitting them to see the fight they want. For now it seems they just want the boxing fans to build the channel up...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:05 pm

tunes666 wrote:
azania wrote:

Give me a brake, so if Wilczewski gives Abriham a good fight, you will still regard him as weak opposition?

Rolling Eyes

I haven't said he was weak opposition. I dont think he was anyway.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

tunes666 wrote:
azania wrote:

hmmm good point, but Box Nation has all the ingredients to succeed. Because it has lots of potential options to make casual boxing fans use it.. for example it may introduce pay as you go for some fights... or even monthly contracts meaning people can just pay like £12.50 for a month, permitting them to see the fight they want. For now it seems they just want the boxing fans to build the channel up...

Do you work for them Laugh

I haven't subscribed and wont either. I believe its bad for boxing for it to be hidden away on another channel.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

Degale has only 12 fights and is inexperienced but he holds the European title so he better learn and learn quickly.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:22 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Degale has only 12 fights and is inexperienced but he holds the European title so he better learn and learn quickly.

Why? Alvarez is allegedly a wolrd champion yet is still a work in progress and avoiding the better names in the division. The Euro belt is just a marketting ploy and should be treated as such. Nowadays belts are pretty much useless.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:31 pm

azania wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
azania wrote:

I haven't subscribed and wont either. I believe its bad for boxing for it to be hidden away on another channel.

no just as a boxing fan it seemed ok..

for example, I wanted to see the VK v Chisora fight.

Usually it would have been £15 pay as you go. I worked out I would pay £10 for this month.. but also get to see the Cleverly fight, and in the coming months other fights i was half interested in and up for watching..

So Financially it made sense..

I understand that at the moment it will only really draw in boxing fans.. But its not as if pay per view does it any favors either..

I think they should add an option where you can pay like £15 for one month... so people can still have a similar pay per view option..

I just think there is loads of room for it to work and while no other boxing Chanel exists, how can people be negative about it..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:34 pm

Think the major issue is - if this succeeds - there may be more - what is hearn or malone should start their own - it'll be a nightmare. From 15 pound ppv every couple of months you'll get nothing. Right now its innocous - does neither good nor bad for boxing - but potentially destructive

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

azania wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:Degale has only 12 fights and is inexperienced but he holds the European title so he better learn and learn quickly.

Why? Alvarez is allegedly a wolrd champion yet is still a work in progress and avoiding the better names in the division. The Euro belt is just a marketting ploy and should be treated as such. Nowadays belts are pretty much useless.
Why,because if he comes up against an experienced European fighter who can dig and his defense doesn't improve his got major problems.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Think the major issue is - if this succeeds - there may be more - what is hearn or malone should start their own - it'll be a nightmare. From 15 pound ppv every couple of months you'll get nothing. Right now its innocous - does neither good nor bad for boxing - but potentially destructive

But like anything the best option will win... if they start up other ones it would surely be to out do the other and win... so eventually there would be one, which offers the best...

Ideally it should all be free on BBC1, but that's not going to happen now.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 4:27 pm

tunes666 wrote:
azania wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
azania wrote:

no just as a boxing fan it seemed ok..

for example, I wanted to see the VK v Chisora fight.

Usually it would have been £15 pay as you go. I worked out I would pay £10 for this month.. but also get to see the Cleverly fight, and in the coming months other fights i was half interested in and up for watching..

So Financially it made sense..

I understand that at the moment it will only really draw in boxing fans.. But its not as if pay per view does it any favors either..

I think they should add an option where you can pay like £15 for one month... so people can still have a similar pay per view option..

I just think there is loads of room for it to work and while no other boxing Chanel exists, how can people be negative about it..

VK and Chisora wouldn't be on PPV. Moreover there are other means of watching fights. Giving Warren more of my hard earned cash doesn't appeal to me either. It was bad enough when boxing left terrestial TV, but to have ot pay extra to watch the likes of Clev doesn't appeal to me. If it succeeds, it will also make boxing definately a minority sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
azania wrote:

Why,because if he comes up against an experienced European fighter who can dig and his defense doesn't improve his got major problems.

He has a good chin and against Groves and Smith he showed a very good defense/ He needs more experience and the euro belt gives him more money. Currently I'd put both him and groves at 11-15 at world level.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:28 pm

azania wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:
azania wrote:

He has a good chin and against Groves and Smith he showed a very good defense/ He needs more experience and the euro belt gives him more money. Currently I'd put both him and groves at 11-15 at world level.
He got wobbled by a fighter in Wilczewski who has only 10 ko's in 32 fights and having only 12 fights how can his chin be judged to be good,Smith is average and Groves at times outboxed him.

Every one's opinions differ I think he looks decent but nothing special.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:39 pm

At this stage of his career, he is about where he should be. As far as I know, he hasn't been on the deck and seems to have a better chin than Groves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2