The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James DeGale

+10
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TopHat24/7
huw
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Valero's Conscience
tunes666
bloodygloves
hampo17
All Time Great
azania
14 posters

Go down

James DeGale Empty James DeGale

Post by azania Wed 05 Jun 2013, 7:35 pm

Fighting on saturday against the great Stjepan Bozic (me neither). Is it on TV?

azania

Back to top Go down

James DeGale Empty Re: James DeGale

Post by All Time Great Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:52 pm

It's on channel 5. Hughie Fury and Eubank Jr are on the card.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:53 pm

and Kid Gallahad. Could be a good weekend of boxing with the Channel 5 show, Dawson vs Stevenson, Maidana vs Lopez and Huck vs Afolabi.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodygloves Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:40 pm

De gale , typical hyped English boxer. Yawn. Maidan a worth a watch

bloodygloves

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:31 am

Degale is a good boxer, why should he rush into world level fighters?, he has already been British, Euro and WBC silver title.. all within 15 fights... as well as having a year out dealing with out of the ring business issues...

Patience.

Him and Groves are good fighters but still have things to work on before stepping up..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 06 Jun 2013, 7:56 am

I'm going to this and pretty happy with the card.

Fat mick cancelled the previous event at short notice with no explanation back in March. They've added Galahad and Hughie Fury so a better card than before.

This was only announced last week with no real advertising so could be poorly attended.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:02 am

Are all the fights going to be shown, as i'm sure the boxing is only on for an hour and a half

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:08 am

Going to be good to see Galahad back again, seems to have had a very long break for a young pro.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:12 am

Decent card, looking forward to it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:44 am

Hughie excites me this far and will be looking forward to seeing him develop, can't believe he's only 18 he looks like he's 30

Great weekend, Maidana and Lopez are never in bad fights and while both have had to adapt their styles by boxing a little more as they've progressed through the weights, they are guys who fire fire with fire. Just feel that Lopez recent schedule may have taken a lot out of him. He took some huge shots off Ortiz and came through rocky moments, then got a bit of a pasting off Canelo who he shouldn't have been in with

Don't have a problem with Degale fighting opponents like these i guess, he isn't world class yet so jumping into that group will see him lose. The thing I have is that he needs to be domianting this level of opposition which has been his problem. Through lack of power or conditioning he gets on the ropes and walked down and has performed this poorly in all of his fights since Groves and its a trait he needs to eradicate from his game

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:55 am

Needs to p**s or get off the pot..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 06 Jun 2013, 1:41 pm

Degale needs to knock this guy out and keep Ch5 interested.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:54 pm

I think since he claimed his supposed knee injury has been fixed his movement and power has looked better, I know his opponent was on short notice but Degale just looked on it...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 06 Jun 2013, 10:27 pm

Degale, before calling out froch, should simply fight (at least) one of Johnson, Abraham, Taylor or Dirrell
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:36 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Hughie excites me this far and will be looking forward to seeing him develop, can't believe he's only 18 he looks like he's 30

Great weekend, Maidana and Lopez are never in bad fights and while both have had to adapt their styles by boxing a little more as they've progressed through the weights, they are guys who fire fire with fire. Just feel that Lopez recent schedule may have taken a lot out of him. He took some huge shots off Ortiz and came through rocky moments, then got a bit of a pasting off Canelo who he shouldn't have been in with

Don't have a problem with Degale fighting opponents like these i guess, he isn't world class yet so jumping into that group will see him lose. The thing I have is that he needs to be domianting this level of opposition which has been his problem. Through lack of power or conditioning he gets on the ropes and walked down and has performed this poorly in all of his fights since Groves and its a trait he needs to eradicate from his game

I think it's conditioning and lack of concentration rather than lack of power that is allowing Degale to get caught on the ropes, a bit like Khan he seems to get caught in two minds and allows his opponents to come onto him. At least he is a bit more adept than Khan at fighting off the ropes, rather than just holding his hands up and letting his opponent unload.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down