The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Degale

+17
Demon Racer
ONETWOFOREVER
All Time Great
Seanusarrilius
Steffan
DaveVDK
Josiah Maiestas
TopHat24/7
School Project
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
The Galveston Giant
manos de piedra
Soldier_Of_Fortune
OasisBFC
Rowley
azania
JabMachineMK2
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

James Degale Empty James Degale

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Morning boys and girls,

Just wondered whats happening with James Degale? I know his last fight was cancelled due to not being able to sell out his own front room after being a bit of an arrogant twit but whats happening with his career now?

Is this going to affect him?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

James Degale Empty Re: James Degale

Post by azania Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:01 pm

It wont affect him one bit. He will defend his euro belt and move on to world honours. He will be 2nd best to Ward at SMW, but always lose to Groves who whilst not being a better boxer is inside DeGale's head and will always have his number.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:02 pm

He is apparently trying to dump Warren as his manager with Frank maintaining he is contracted to 2013, and from what I can gather Frank has no intention to release him. He is due to defend his european title against an Italian and the Italian promoters have won purse bids so he is potentially looking at a tricky trip to Italy, which is never the easiest place to go, even less so when you're falling out with your manager and promoter.

To summarise things do not appear to be going particularly well for him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:15 pm

azania wrote:It wont affect him one bit. He will defend his euro belt and move on to world honours. He will be 2nd best to Ward at SMW, but always lose to Groves who whilst not being a better boxer is inside DeGale's head and will always have his number.

a few people have to retire him to be number 2. and the he's behind the likes of the dirrel brothers.

i don't think he's showed this potential at any point in his last 2 fights and he doesnt have the power to trouble the top dogs. groves bamboozled him with unexpected tactics and he was getting hit far too often in his euro clash. he's get destroyed at world level. my prediction is his gold medal is and will be the pinnacle of his career.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Well you reap what you sow am afraid and he has not done himself any favours with his demeanour. Especially the whole Groves debacle where he lost many fans for the way he acted.

To be honest though the boxing pundits and fans alike did not do him any favours but pumping his head to monolithic proportions about how great he is and the fact that he is going to do this and that based on schooling a domestic level fighter in Smith. He basically started to believe his own hype which was ultimately his downfall. Has anyone even seen him throw a decent jab yet??

I never did jump on the DeGale hype train and did always believe Grove was going to beat him as he is fundamentally a better boxer even though DeGale has more natural athletic ability.

I think he has got to go back to the drawing board, keep his mouth shut and do his talking in the ring.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Does anyone know what the actual beef with Warren is over?

I actually thought Warren had done well for him and Matchroom are really the only promoter in town I think that can possibly compete with Warren.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:29 pm

I think Warren was trying to make fight on the Grove V Anderson undercard and he did not want to play second fiddle to Groves.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:30 pm

I dislike the lad immensely. I get trash talk, and to a certain extent I can put up even with the garbage that falls out of Haye's mouth.

But this bloke, leading up to the Groves fight was taking the mick. Things like "ugly kid" "ginger" and things like that. Really childish. At least other boxers punch above the waist. Degale was just saying things a bully would say to his victim.

I hope Warren chains him up for the next 5 years in a dark room.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
azania wrote:It wont affect him one bit. He will defend his euro belt and move on to world honours. He will be 2nd best to Ward at SMW, but always lose to Groves who whilst not being a better boxer is inside DeGale's head and will always have his number.

a few people have to retire him to be number 2. and the he's behind the likes of the dirrel brothers.

i don't think he's showed this potential at any point in his last 2 fights and he doesnt have the power to trouble the top dogs. groves bamboozled him with unexpected tactics and he was getting hit far too often in his euro clash. he's get destroyed at world level. my prediction is his gold medal is and will be the pinnacle of his career.

Dirrel bros are not ower punchers. Neither is ward. Groves has his number. Degale is a very skilled fighter and will eventually mature into a high calibre performer. Unfortunately he has a potential ATD in the same weight division. In 18 months I'd pick him to beat Direll bros. He'll always lose to Groves though whilst I see Direll bros beating Groves every time.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:58 pm

To improve Degale will need to fight regularly, i have no sympathy for him he's a tool. If he really didn't want to fight on Groves undercard he's an even bigger tool, obviously his ego couldn't handle being shown up again.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:05 pm

He hasn't got the mindset to focus on getting to the top. He has shown so far that he has no class, he is a sore loser (incredibly sore), thinks he is a big draw, thinks he deserves success handed to him on a plate.

And Warren is some what to blame because he should never have been fighting for a European Title straight after getting beat by Groves.

This has only expanded his ego that he should be at this level. He should have went back to a ranked BBB'C opponent(s) and got the fans on his side as well as ironing out the flaws of the Groves fight. But instead he nearly got took out against Pete the pole and was hanging on for dear life in 2 different rounds (3rd and 12th). He just about scraped through that.

Now he is at Warrens throat because he has fell behind Groves in the popularity race. It's pathetic . He hasn't got the brain to be any different so I can't see him changing his attitude.

Gets beat not only by World Level fighters, but fringe level and European opposition too. He may have scraped a MD last time but he Showed he was there for the taking as well.

Az you are insane if you think DeGale is anywhere near a top 5 in this division in the next 18 months. Insane
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Az you are insane if you think DeGale is anywhere near a top 5 in this division in the next 18 months. Insane

Mark my words. Much of it depends on the issues he has with Warren. But the kid has immense talent. A better trainer is required also. Mc seems like a hard task-master but not a tactician.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Degale doesn't have the mentality. Its not just all about raw talent. Look at Fraudley. He had the talent, he had the tools. Just never performed above his level.

Look at Ricky Burns. Not a great boxer, but that guy is a warrior. He's one of the top names in British Boxing. Groves, not the best boxer, but he really will go quite far. Fringe/World level dependent on the people who move up/down in weight. Don't have him beating Ward or Froch for example, but I think he's tear Dirrell apart. He's struggle with Johnson, but I have him beating Bute.

These are names that would all rip apart "Chunky" he talks the talk, he's walked the walk at a low level but really, he's not done anything at world level yet. Look at him and look at Kell Brook or David Price. They're at the same level domestically, David Price more so, and you don't get him talking about opponents the way this fool does.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 pm

I can't see him out classing the Dirrells. If he struggled with Groves lateral boxing movements and counter-punching he would have an absolute nightmare against Andre Dirrell (who, incidently sparred with Groves to ready him for the Degale fight).

Chunky has made it hard for himself and I can't look past the fact that his career is looking quite similar to Audleys, in the sense that he is setting himself up for a big fall sooner or later.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:59 pm

I didn't mean Degale would have the Dirrells SP, I meant Groves would beat them Hug

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:02 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I didn't mean Degale would have the Dirrells SP, I meant Groves would beat them Hug

Gah, that's what happens when you skim read...

Sorry JabMachine!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:15 pm

I dont see Groves beating any of the Dirrell brothrs. Simply not physically strong enough or skilled enough. His defense is wide open. Maybe that will tighten up with experience and he has sparred many rounds with Andre. But Andre will be too slick for him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Of course Groves wouldn't beat the Dirrells at this stage but even he acknowledges that he isn't ready for that. He wants to clean out the domestics then ease into the euro scene. DeGale thinks he is a world title challanger already.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 pm

I think with Groves all indications point to a guy who is very much developing but below world class.

I read that in sparring Dirrell was giving him a bit of a run around and I think even Groves himself would not see himself as on that level yet. The top guys in the division would give him a bit of beating.

I sometimes read things that give the impression he has the easy beating of DeGale but we have to remember that was a fight that could easily have gone either way. And when you consider the hard work De Gale had to put in to beat the Wilcewski fellow I think it kind of shows what level we are dealing with them at present.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:43 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I think with Groves all indications point to a guy who is very much developing but below world class.

I read that in sparring Dirrell was giving him a bit of a run around and I think even Groves himself would not see himself as on that level yet. The top guys in the division would give him a bit of beating.

I sometimes read things that give the impression he has the easy beating of DeGale but we have to remember that was a fight that could easily have gone either way. And when you consider the hard work De Gale had to put in to beat the Wilcewski fellow I think it kind of shows what level we are dealing with them at present.

I think I have to disagree Manos. I think Groves is coming along nicely. Yer the Anderson fight was a wake up call but I think he has got the dedication and commitment to pick up a world title within 2-3 years or so. I think he has alot more in his locker then Froch ever did but Froch always had the get out of jail free card with was his world class chin. Only time to will tell but he works on his defense, I do think he will be a world title holder, but to but honest, Gavin Rees was a world title holder so it doesn't say much really Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:I think with Groves all indications point to a guy who is very much developing but below world class.

I think I have to disagree Manos. I think Groves is coming along nicely. Yer the Anderson fight was a wake up call but I think he has got the dedication and commitment to pick up a world title within 2-3 years or so. I think he has alot more in his locker then Froch ever did but Froch always had the get out of jail free card with was his world class chin. Only time to will tell but he works on his defense, I do think he will be a world title holder, but to but honest, Gavin Rees was a world title holder so it doesn't say much really Laugh

Oh yes I agree, 2/3 years down the line its very possible. Im just talking about the present. I cant see him beating any of the top guys now at this point in time. I think hes around Euro level. I believe the ring have him as a top ten but would strongly disagree with them on that. I still wouldnt put him in with any of Abraham, Dirrell, Johnson or even a returning Taylor.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Groves continues to surprise us though - many people assumed Degale would beat him and he changed the way he fought to beat him. i don't believe its a case of "having his number" as when he set out against Paul Smith, I believe he was vastly superior to how James Degale was against the same opponent.

Groves isn't in the top 6 or 7 - but I do believe a top 10 is fitting of his ability, he shows heart and adaptability - with experience he'll be hard to beat. I think thats the key - he's difficult to beat because he's clever, not because he's an amazing KO boxer all action all night, he's just very good and the chances are he'll pick up titles while the top guys are retiring or moving up in weight. I just don't see Degale getting near that level.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:34 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Oh yes I agree, 2/3 years down the line its very possible. Im just talking about the present. I cant see him beating any of the top guys now at this point in time. I think hes around Euro level. I believe the ring have him as a top ten but would strongly disagree with them on that. I still wouldnt put him in with any of Abraham, Dirrell, Johnson or even a returning Taylor.

I do agree with the above. But we must remember he's only had 14 fights. Froch in his 15th fight fought Matthew Barney so I do think he's on track. I think around the 20 fight mark is were he should consider a step up to World level

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm

azania wrote:I dont see Groves beating any of the Dirrell brothrs. Simply not physically strong enough or skilled enough. His defense is wide open. Maybe that will tighten up with experience and he has sparred many rounds with Andre. But Andre will be too slick for him.

A defence so wide open that 'top 5' fighter De Gale couldn't find it in 12 rounds of boxing...??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:49 pm

DeGale is pathetic to watch, he cannot throw combinations and lacks aggression, I guess the boxing buyers felt the same as he wasn't able to sell much tickets, no point watching someone who barely throws 15 jabs a round.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Degale doesn't have the mentality. Its not just all about raw talent. Look at Fraudley. He had the talent, he had the tools. Just never performed above his level.

Look at Ricky Burns. Not a great boxer, but that guy is a warrior. He's one of the top names in British Boxing. Groves, not the best boxer, but he really will go quite far. Fringe/World level dependent on the people who move up/down in weight. Don't have him beating Ward or Froch for example, but I think he's tear Dirrell apart. He's struggle with Johnson, but I have him beating Bute.

These are names that would all rip apart "Chunky" he talks the talk, he's walked the walk at a low level but really, he's not done anything at world level yet. Look at him and look at Kell Brook or David Price. They're at the same level domestically, David Price more so, and you don't get him talking about opponents the way this fool does.

You think Groves would beat Bute, really?!

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Personally I just think he has got too chunky for his own good

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 pm

If he has to go to Italy i think he'll lose.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:If he has to go to Italy i think he'll lose.

Is that you wanting him to lose? Wherever they fought, JDG will win.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:37 pm

azania wrote:

No, if it goes the distance and it's close, do you think Degale will get the nod.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:I dont see Groves beating any of the Dirrell brothrs. Simply not physically strong enough or skilled enough. His defense is wide open. Maybe that will tighten up with experience and he has sparred many rounds with Andre. But Andre will be too slick for him.

A defence so wide open that 'top 5' fighter De Gale couldn't find it in 12 rounds of boxing...??

Degale wasn;t good enough on the night. Moreover Degale is no Dirrell yet. Neither groves or jdg are good enough at this stage to be considered top 10 material. In 18-24 months they will be.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:41 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:
azania wrote:

No, if it goes the distance and it's close, do you think Degale will get the nod.

It wont be close. JDG will step up and do a number on whoever he fights next.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 pm

One thing that is for certain with Degale is that he needs ot get his career in focus. Disputes with Management/Promotions, can't sell tickets because he is too unlikeable (entirely his own fault) and not exciting enough in the ring to compensate it. One defeat means nothing, he can still go on to big things, but he does not seem to be learning. His last fight he was open as a book. Then goes straight into the presser and says he wants to be fighting allt he time... slow down man. Master your craft. Prospects should grow in incraments. Anyway, still a talent but in danger of becoming stagnated.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Degale doesn't have the mentality. Its not just all about raw talent. Look at Fraudley. He had the talent, he had the tools. Just never performed above his level.

Struggle with Glenn Johnson? Who got destroyed by Bute, but Groves would beat Bute?? Confusing.

Degale hasn't got the mentality to be a top fighter it would seem. There's nothing wrong with being hated, people will pay to watch him lose. But he just seems to be missing the aggression to be a top fighter and as St George proved, he does not have the fighting intelligence to go to a plan B.

Would like him to step up to world level (along with Grovesy) but it looks unlikely in a reasonably strong SMW division.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:21 am

Problem with DeGale though is he seems to be hated and nobody wants to watch him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:06 am

Why all the hate with Degale? Surely he aint that bad.

Won gold for Britain and was robbed against Groves. His problems with Warren are stupid and its his own fault. He should know that EVERYONE returns back to Frank.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:10 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Why all the hate with Degale? Surely he aint that bad
Its 606v2 Boxing...if someone aint hating on a British fighter...assume they are dead

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:46 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Why all the hate with Degale? Surely he aint that bad.

Won gold for Britain and was robbed against Groves. His problems with Warren are stupid and its his own fault. He should know that EVERYONE returns back to Frank.

When someone gives at least one good reason to like him other than the Gold medal... I would reconsider, but he reminds me of that mouthy little scrub that every school has in its year and when they finally get a slap they go off to cry to someone about it.

He acts like a spoilt child and regardless of how close that fight was with Groves, seeing him welt up as though he was going to cry gave me so much joy it was unreal.

The guy could be from any nation in the World and I would still hate him.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:55 am

Don't hate the kid by any means, too gentle a soul for such an emotion but by jove he is annoying. Maybe I just don't "get" him but you're ugly and you've got ginger hair, is he 12 by any chance?

Grow up, show some humility and work out when two undefeated fighters fight and the MC says at the end of a fight "and still undefeated" that could mean either fighter. Other than that good luck to the kid.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:56 am

azania wrote:

Mark my words. Much of it depends on the issues he has with Warren. But the kid has immense talent. A better trainer is required also. Mc seems like a hard task-master but not a tactician.
Kessler would batter DeGale

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 am

Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:

Wow. OK genius. Name me a 14 fight novice who would beat the number 2 of any weight division. You would struggle to find any. Groves would get anihilated against Kessler and 8-9 other SMW. Absolutely no shame in that. They are still relative novices.

Degale and groves are about 18-24 months short of their best. At their very best DeGale will go further than Groves. His style lends itself to a longer career also (that if he is not derailed).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Why all the hate with Degale? Surely he aint that bad.

I take it you know what the issues are and how its DeGales fault then. I'm all ears.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:22 am

azania wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:

Wow. OK genius. Name me a 14 fight novice who would beat the number 2 of any weight division. You would struggle to find any. Groves would get anihilated against Kessler and 8-9 other SMW. Absolutely no shame in that. They are still relative novices.

Degale and groves are about 18-24 months short of their best. At their very best DeGale will go further than Groves. His style lends itself to a longer career also (that if he is not derailed).
What's gonna change in 1-2 years? Guys like Kessler, Froch etc might've retired? Therefore DeGale gets an easier run to face SOG, where SOG pounds DeGale in to the mat?

Last edited by Demon Racer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:28 am

Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:

What's gonna change in 1-2 years? Guys like Kessler, Froch etc might've retired? Therefore DeGale gets an easier run to face SOG, where SOG pounds DeGale in to the mat?

There's a reason why they dont put very good amateurs into world title fights as soon as they turn pro. Try and guess why that is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:34 am

azania wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:

There's a reason why they dont put very good amateurs into world title fights as soon as they turn pro. Try and guess why that is.
Top amateurs like facing bums first to boost their CVs...

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:43 am

Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:
azania wrote:

Top amateurs like facing bums first to boost their CVs...

Riiight. So why put them in with a very good fighter relatively early in their careers? Give it a little thought please.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:05 am

Seriously though does anyone think his chunkiness may have something to do why his lack of progression?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Could not find it?, not sure what fight you were watching. Groves clearly changed his style for the fight, in its self a compliment to Degale. And its not easy to find someone who is running on the back foot all night.

Groves never really found Degale... hardly landed a clean shot, just quick messy combos and then ran... this ultimately allowed him to nick the fight according to two of the judges. He would never pull that off against a more experience fighter and my bet is if Degale had another go now he would not be as flustered by it.

That fight was a perfect example of a fighter being over confident and under estimating his opponent. (Part of the reason so many wanted him to lose and had anti Degale glasses on during the fight and in the post fight assessment) Dagale thought he would stroll the fight and after round 1 which he shaded he realized Groves was a big threat and it took him a good few rounds to realize he was up against it, he was waiting because he was not sure how to react to Groves back foot tactics.. Which is due to Booth and his good tactical mind..

But when Degale started to let his hands go at times he looked like he could stop Groves...

I really want to see the rematch just to end this debate once and for all. My Money would be on Degale for me Groves is pretty quick and has power so is always a threat and could always land a knock out punch, but he is there to be stopped I think (As Smith would have done if he had an extra 30 seconds in rnd 1).

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Steffan wrote:Seriously though does anyone think his chunkiness may have something to do why his lack of progression?

You got to be kidding...

Pro boxing requires experience, after 12 fights only really being tested in 2 of them, how can you say they wont improve? you have to face difficulties in order to understand what parts you need to work on.

Does Groves look better now than he did against Anderson? , of course.

Degale has faced problems against Groves and straight away went into another fight against a euro level fighter.. and clearly beat him.

It took Khan 18 fights to lose to Prescott but look at how much better he got, yes he was young but experience counts for all.

I also think people are over reacting to a supposed "fault" in Degale.

His hardest fight has been against Groves, Which I think he won by 2 rounds. But that argument aside, any person who knows boxing will know it was a close fight.

both fighters have beat every other boxer they have faced proving they are both the best in Britain and also that there does not look like a Euro opposition that could over whelm them.

This means that after 12 fights (Degale) and 14 fights (Groves) both can only move towards world level. not because they claim to be but because its the only challenge they can face.

and you cant say that another 4 or 5 fights each is not going to allow them to work on their game and improve.

My prediction is that both will get better, But that Groves is the less dynamic out of the two although maybe has the better mental and tactical trainer. Im not sure Degale has the best man in the corner and have a feeling that we may see the best of him should be move to another guy.

I also think Degale has a bit more power than people give him credit for, ok he is not a concussive puncher for sure, but he has a sting alright... A bit like Ward.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Not fussed on Degale as a person, but that aside I honestly don't see anything special about him.

He was all over the place and in trouble against Wilczewski a fighter who only has 10 kos in a 32 fight career had it been a bigger puncher Degale would have been looking at a 2nd defeat,his defense was shocking.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next