The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some fights that COULD or SHOULD happen this year (That DO NOT include Mayweather vs Pacquaio).

+11
Imperial Ghosty
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
rycoys
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
DaveVDK
manos de piedra
steven24
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
School Project
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Some fights that COULD or SHOULD happen this year (That DO NOT include Mayweather vs Pacquaio). Empty Some fights that COULD or SHOULD happen this year (That DO NOT include Mayweather vs Pacquaio).

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:10 pm

Hi guys,

I was thinking of realistic fights that could be made (without including the obvious matches) and thinking about the reasons behind them. These aren’t supposed to be “dream” match-ups or “the best fighting the best” scenarios, but purely realistic fights that would benefit those who fight.

Here’s my list of fights I’ve been thinking about.

Paul Williams vs Julio Chavez Jr:
Some people have defended Chavez Jr, stating he is an exciting fighter, who better to put him in with than the Punisher. Paul Williams has been called “shot”, “washed up” and cries of him “needing to retire” which have all been placed on him based on an off night against Lara and 1 KO loss to one of the best fighters around right now. The fact is, Paul Williams still matters and he is deserved of a shot more than anyone else. What he brings to the table (unlike the majority of JCC Jr’s previous opponents) is experience and an exciting style. A win for either fighter would be big… Chavez Jr would finally have a stern test and a win would silence naysayers of him (like me) and Williams would get a title in the Middleweight division with the thought of a possible rematch with Martinez.

George Groves vs Brian Magee:
George Groves has had a very good year, closely winning a fight against DeGale and his KO of experienced domestic veteran Smith was superb. A step up in class is needed, what better guy is there than Magee. The Irish “road warrior” has been in the fringe contender category for a while and is coming off a recent KO. This is a fight that Groves could win, but with hard work needed. A win over Magee will take him away from the domestic title defences and into the place of contender overnight and it’s a fight that could be made this year easily.

Nathan Cleverly vs Beibut Shumenov:
This weekend Cleverly is defending his title against a nurse, maybe he deserves an easy fight after a tough nights work against Bellew, but I’m sure a lot of people don’t want to see him stagnate the way we accuse Calzaghe of doing. He is Britains only World Champion, so why not match him with someone “in and around” the same level and someone who has a title? Talk of fighting Hopkins, Pascal or Dawson? Suicide! He’s too green. Stick him in with another champion, one with just a little more experience than himself but has something to offer. It would be a good learning fight for Clev and he would gain another belt in the process.

Kell Brook vs Vyacheslav Senchenko or Mike Jones:
Kell Brook has made some waves in the US and has also been knocking on the doors of just about every governing body earning himself “the number 1 contender” spot for all of them… however he’s fighting Matthew Hatton. After this fight the only 2 realistic guys I can see him needing to fight are these two. Both fights would give Brook something… a win over Jones being a strong contender himself would put Brook on the radar in the US and a win over Senchenko would give Brook a belt that (in my opinion) he should already have earned by now. Either one of these fights is a tantalising and realistic goal after Senchenko, Jones and Brook all come away from their booked fights with a win.

Don’t know if you agree with them or if you would add anyone in the mix… or if you can think of any realistic fights that COULD and maybe SHOULD happen this year?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Some fights that COULD or SHOULD happen this year (That DO NOT include Mayweather vs Pacquaio). Empty Re: Some fights that COULD or SHOULD happen this year (That DO NOT include Mayweather vs Pacquaio).

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:18 pm

School Project wrote:
He is Britains only World Champion...

Ricky Burns?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Some fights that COULD or SHOULD happen this year (That DO NOT include Mayweather vs Pacquaio). Empty Re: Some fights that COULD or SHOULD happen this year (That DO NOT include Mayweather vs Pacquaio).

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:22 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
School Project wrote:
He is Britains only World Champion...

Ricky Burns?

I forgot about Burns, mainly because it was so lowkey. Granted Clev didn't win the belt in the ring, but Burns won his on a Tuesday afternoon whilst he was having bottles thrown at him...

Besides, thanks for contributing.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:24 pm

As a Sheffield lad obviously have something of a bias towards Brook and would agree, should he get past Hatton, which most, myself included would expect would be nice to see him in with either of the guys you have mentioned. Should be realistic as well, Hearn has done a decent job of building his support in Sheffield and he draws well up here, couple that with him getting stateside exposure and heres hoping it can happen.

The one other fight I would like is Quigg Frampton, do love a good domestic fight and these appear well matched, also with lower weight guys sometimes makes sense to strike while the iron is hot because they do tend to move up in weights relatively quickly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:28 pm

rowley wrote:As a Sheffield lad obviously have something of a bias towards Brook and would agree, should he get past Hatton, which most, myself included would expect would be nice to see him in with either of the guys you have mentioned. Should be realistic as well, Hearn has done a decent job of building his support in Sheffield and he draws well up here, couple that with him getting stateside exposure and heres hoping it can happen.

The one other fight I would like is Quigg Frampton, do love a good domestic fight and these appear well matched, also with lower weight guys sometimes makes sense to strike while the iron is hot because they do tend to move up in weights relatively quickly.

Quigg vs Frampton is a great shout... no doubt politics will get in the way of those two fighting though - judging by some articles on Sky News after Frampton battered Arthur. But it would be a storming fight.

I agree that Hearn has done great for Kell, he's done great for all of his fighters in all fairness. If there's a guy who CAN get Kell the fights and the ones that matter, Hearn can. That's why a WBA strap and some fame in the US will do Kell and Hearn financially too!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

Chavez will never step up, Martinez has been stripped and called him out for about 2 years, and would destroy him. As would Macklin, Lee. Munroe to school Quigg if they met, Clev to bomb out Shumenov and Mitchell to stop Burns, i think Mitchell v Burns is a bigger fight than any named above tbh.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:49 pm

Burns v Mitchell
Maidana v Rios
Any of Barker/Macklin/Murray
Povetkin v Klitschko
Kirkland v Alvarez
Any of Proska/Pirog/Zbik
Ward v Dirrell
Price v Chisora

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:56 pm

steven24 wrote:Chavez will never step up, Martinez has been stripped and called him out for about 2 years, and would destroy him. As would Macklin, Lee. Munroe to school Quigg if they met, Clev to bomb out Shumenov and Mitchell to stop Burns, i think Mitchell v Burns is a bigger fight than any named above tbh.

Maybe you missed the point of the article Steve...

It's about realistic fights and why they should be made and the benefits of them, not "He's ducking X fighter because of X reason".

Chavez Jr may never step up - I'm on of his biggest critics on here but a Williams and Chavez fight WOULD be exciting, both of them like to fight on the inside and as I said, it is a fight that IF Chavez Jr took and won, would raise his stock. Williams brings more to the table than Macklin or Lee too... But seeing as we all know Chavez Jr (or Arum and Roach for that matter) will avoid Martinez like the plague, why not try and raise Chavez stock by putting him in with Williams. Remember, he isn't that far on from a KO and an arguable decision against Lara. It's a fight that Chavez Jr does have a chance in, but a risk AND reward fight. If there's a person for Chavez Jr to step up against, look no further than Williams.

Mitchell vs. Burns is a good call, but an obvious one. People have been talking about this fight, but I wouldn't be so sure of Mitchell stopping Burns. Mitchell vs. Burns would be a big domestic fight, but Williams vs Chavez/Brook vs Jones would be bigger.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:02 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Burns v Mitchell
Maidana v Rios
Any of Barker/Macklin/Murray
Povetkin v Klitschko
Kirkland v Alvarez
Any of Proska/Pirog/Zbik
Ward v Dirrell
Price v Chisora

Cracking options:

Maidana v Rios - Would be an exciting fight - Possibly a Gatti vs Ward?

Any of Barker/Macklin/Murray - Would love to see them with World Titles first, but these fights are options... I know that Murray is fighting Barker soon so maybe the winner could take on Macklin?

Povetkin v Klitschko - Maybe a bit too soon for Povetkin, but a Chisora fight would go down well with me.

Kirkland v Alvarez - Can't argue that one, that would be a big fight for both young guys... tough to call a winner too!

Any of Proska/Pirog/Zbik - Very much like the Barker/Macklin/Murray fights, could always stick the dangerous Europeans against our boys for title fights and eliminators.

Ward v Dirrell - I think I heard somewhere that Ward has dropped the WBC version of the belt to avoid fighting Dirrell's younger brother, but it's a fight that should be made.

Price v Chisora - Big test for Price, a fight I could see him losing if the Chisora that came in against Klitschko or Helenus turned up. Maybe next year this would be a real fight!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:23 pm

Ward v Bute is a definate, Pirce v Fury aswell but Tyson seems to have let everyone down completely. Personally would like to see Rios take the winner of Morales v Garcia aswell.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

Rigondeaux vs Donaire is a cracker

Price vs Mitchell

Ward vs Bute

Golovkin vs Sturm (finally)

Groves vs Bika/Magee

Lara vs Williams rematch

Olusegun vs Garcia

Linares vs DeMarco rematch

and Guerrero vs anyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

haye vitali has to happen now ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

Don't think Groves vs Magee will happen this year.

Magee is after the Regular title (WBA) then he is after a Kessler fight due to the Denmark connection.

Can't see him fighting a domestic up and comer when he only has a couple of fights left and he is making a half decent splash out in Europes World Title scene.

That fight at the weekend was a potential banana skin due to Sauerland investing quite a bit in winning the purse bid to hold the fight in Denmark. It was said that they wanted an all Danish world title fight had Markusson beat Magee so the fact he almost got his ribs broke in the fifth only strengthens Magee's chances of getting a final payday against the "best" Denmark has to offer.

But I can't see Groves or DeGale getting a go at him.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm

I think its unfair to put Chavez Jr in with ANY middleweight including Martinez.

A 160 fighter having to tackle somebody who shows no respect to making weight and comes in at around 180+ isn't right. He seems to be spoilt rotten by Arum and his dad. And HBO are ssh-hit scared to question his actions.

Still can't get over the fact that Merchant didn't mention the DUI etc after the fight. Can you imagine the field day they would have if Mayweather acted that way.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

School Project wrote:
steven24 wrote:Chavez will never step up, Martinez has been stripped and called him out for about 2 years, and would destroy him. As would Macklin, Lee. Munroe to school Quigg if they met, Clev to bomb out Shumenov and Mitchell to stop Burns, i think Mitchell v Burns is a bigger fight than any named above tbh.

Maybe you missed the point of the article Steve...

It's about realistic fights and why they should be made and the benefits of them, not "He's ducking X fighter because of X reason".

Chavez Jr may never step up - I'm on of his biggest critics on here but a Williams and Chavez fight WOULD be exciting, both of them like to fight on the inside and as I said, it is a fight that IF Chavez Jr took and won, would raise his stock. Williams brings more to the table than Macklin or Lee too... But seeing as we all know Chavez Jr (or Arum and Roach for that matter) will avoid Martinez like the plague, why not try and raise Chavez stock by putting him in with Williams. Remember, he isn't that far on from a KO and an arguable decision against Lara. It's a fight that Chavez Jr does have a chance in, but a risk AND reward fight. If there's a person for Chavez Jr to step up against, look no further than Williams.

Mitchell vs. Burns is a good call, but an obvious one. People have been talking about this fight, but I wouldn't be so sure of Mitchell stopping Burns. Mitchell vs. Burns would be a big domestic fight, but Williams vs Chavez/Brook vs Jones would be bigger.

Not in my opinion they wouldn't, Mitchell has smashed to bits Murray, embarassed Prescott and tested himself, Brook hasnt, Burns is a solid fighter and a world champ, who also has tested himself. Brook doesn't look like he wants to step up either though does he? so we can't hardly call Chavez but not him imo. Talent wise i think Mitchell is the best british fighter, obviously he needs to stop being daft outside the ring and stay focused though, just saying.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:01 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I think its unfair to put Chavez Jr in with ANY middleweight including Martinez.

A 160 fighter having to tackle somebody who shows no respect to making weight and comes in at around 180+ isn't right. He seems to be spoilt rotten by Arum and his dad. And HBO are ssh-hit scared to question his actions.

Still can't get over the fact that Merchant didn't mention the DUI etc after the fight. Can you imagine the field day they would have if Mayweather acted that way.

Again, can't argue with any of those points, the boy is a known cheat but is protected... I don't want to repeat myself but I can't stand him.

The fact is though, he'll boil down to Middleweight with substances and rehydrate to 180lbs until Supermiddleweight or Lightheavyweight open up. Stick him in with any of those boys (Ward, Froch, Bute, Pascal, Hopkins or Dawson) and he'll get ripped up... not worth the risk for Arum/Roach or Uncle Sulaiman.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:15 pm

Not in my opinion they wouldn't, Mitchell has smashed to bits Murray, embarassed Prescott and tested himself, Brook hasnt, Burns is a solid fighter and a world champ, who also has tested himself. Brook doesn't look like he wants to step up either though does he? so we can't hardly call Chavez but not him imo. Talent wise i think Mitchell is the best british fighter, obviously he needs to stop being daft outside the ring and stay focused though, just saying.

Chavez Jr never really earned his spot as a WBC contender, his God-Father stripped Martinez of a belt for him to win.

At least Brook DOESN'T own a title and hasn't won one with questionable circumstances... Instead he fought Rafal Jackiewicz (who at the time was ranked 5 or 6 in the Ring ratings) and beat him so easily it looked as though he just got out of the shower after he came out of the ring. Gone to America for some exposure and looked very sharp. I agree he needs to step up now, but Hearn is keeping him active and will no doubt put him in this year for the big fight he needs. It's clever management by Hearn and each fight Brook looks stronger and stronger at the weight.

In terms of talent, I respectfully disagree with Mitchell being Britains best (especially over Brook). In fact, I would put money on Brook being our top P4P fighter in the next year or 2. On paper, he beats a number of fighters in his division (take Mayweather out of the equasion). Look how effortlessly Brook is winning his fights, he controls every round... the same can't be said for Mitchell, he's working every round. That isn't down to the quality of opponents, it's down to style and skill set. Brook is leaps above Mitchell.

Put Mitchell in the same position in his division and I can't see him beatng Guerrero, Marquez, Rios, Gamboa... Mitchell is talented. Not Britains best though.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:34 pm

Gamboa seems to have favoured the big jump to LW rather than stopping off at SFW but as it's quite some weight to put on, if he beats Rios (50:50 pick'em for me) how about he nudges down to fight Broner?

Don't see Magee-Groves happening but agree I'd like to see it, really good step-up for George who I'm a big fan of.

Would also like to see if Burns could edge a decision win in a classy performance against a dangerous Mitchell in a good domestic dust-up.

Those two options for Brook are by far the juiciest fights on the list though, both are winnable (though tough) and could really launch him into the big time.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:46 pm

Gamboa vs Broner would be a match-up... win or lose against Rios it's a fight that could happen. Would Goldenboy/R&R risk Broner though? He's being moulded into the "next Mayweather".

That would be a great fight though, both can bang. Gamboa has that exciting "don't blink" style, Broner is truely looking like a Mayweather-lite good defense.

Tasty.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 2:07 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Gamboa seems to have favoured the big jump to LW rather than stopping off at SFW but as it's quite some weight to put on, if he beats Rios (50:50 pick'em for me) how about he nudges down to fight Broner?

Don't see Magee-Groves happening but agree I'd like to see it, really good step-up for George who I'm a big fan of.

Would also like to see if Burns could edge a decision win in a classy performance against a dangerous Mitchell in a good domestic dust-up.

Those two options for Brook are by far the juiciest fights on the list though, both are winnable (though tough) and could really launch him into the big time.

Gamboa hasn't boxed at the weight but should comfortably outbox Rios by about 10 rounds to 2, Mitchell would outbox Rios imo, Guerrero is the best lightweight so that would be good to see, also. You won't know how good Kevin is truly until he boxes at world class with his head screwed on.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

steven24 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Gamboa seems to have favoured the big jump to LW rather than stopping off at SFW but as it's quite some weight to put on, if he beats Rios (50:50 pick'em for me) how about he nudges down to fight Broner?

Gamboa hasn't boxed at the weight but should comfortably outbox Rios by about 10 rounds to 2, Mitchell would outbox Rios imo, Guerrero is the best lightweight so that would be good to see, also. You won't know how good Kevin is truly until he boxes at world class with his head screwed on.

We seen how good he was when he stepped up. Who cares about excuses. It was his own doing. He showed how much he respected the chance by get absolutely humiliated in front of thousands of people and hundreds of thousands watching at home.

Mitchell will never make it big because he hasn't got the head for it. Knifes, drugs, domestics. He is an idiot and fighting in England is about his level. Beating John Murray does not propell a fighter to world class
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

steven24 wrote:

Not sure I can see Gamboa winning 10 rounds to 2 (even if he is my favourite fighter). If it does go to the cards I do see Gamboa taking it but more like 115-113 or 116-112. I think you're underselling Rios quite a bit, particularly given your Mitchell comments.

For a guy that's looked good against a club fighter (Prescott) and a plucky but not exactly gifted fighter (Murray) and has got shown up against someone that was only fringe-world/gate-keeper level, to say he would outbox Rios to a decision is a very big stretch. Especially as he's just struggled past a nobody with a 14-8-5 record.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 23 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

Steven24... did you have an account on here before? I remember a guy having a chubby for Mitchell on here a while back with a similar name...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 4:37 pm

Young_Towzer?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Young_Towzer?

Spot on, he used to use terminology such as "smash" someone and stuff right?

Sorry to deviate off course, but I couldn't remember who it was.

Back on subject though... On a good night Mitchell boxes well, but he isn't good enough to beat Rios or Gamboa.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

School Project wrote:Steven24... did you have an account on here before? I remember a guy having a chubby for Mitchell on here a while back with a similar name...

Eh? what so i'm somebody else because i think Kevin Mitchell beats Brandon Rios? did anyone else say Gamboa would box Rios' head off or that Rios is overrated and B level fighter? because that's what i think so i must be a lot of people, am i David Haye also? because i say 'smash' ? did i have a account on here before? erm no, feel free to ask the mods to have a look though, they have my blessing. I don't agree with you that's all, doesn't make me a terrorist. As for having a 'chubby' i have never heard that term before not even in year 1 so i'm baffled by that, i think Mitchell is a class fighter though, and far superior to Rios, i think Chisora beats Fury in a rematch also, do you? if you do you must be me by your logic mustn't you?.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:40 pm

steven24 wrote: feel free to ask the mods to have a look though, they have my blessing.

Thanks but I really can't be bothered, since you seem intent on talking about boxing I am not particularly bothered if you are Lord Lucan

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

steven24 wrote:
School Project wrote:Steven24... did you have an account on here before? I remember a guy having a chubby for Mitchell on here a while back with a similar name...

Eh? what so i'm somebody else because i think Kevin Mitchell beats Brandon Rios? did anyone else say Gamboa would box Rios' head off or that Rios is overrated and B level fighter? because that's what i think so i must be a lot of people, am i David Haye also? because i say 'smash' ? did i have a account on here before? erm no, feel free to ask the mods to have a look though, they have my blessing. I don't agree with you that's all, doesn't make me a terrorist. As for having a 'chubby' i have never heard that term before not even in year 1 so i'm baffled by that, i think Mitchell is a class fighter though, and far superior to Rios, i think Chisora beats Fury in a rematch also, do you? if you do you must be me by your logic mustn't you?.

Woah, it was only a question. No need to get all Fight Club on here.

You're entitled to your opinion mate, that's what a forum is all about, I just thought you might have been Towzer because I truely miss that guy. He showed some SEEEERIOUS Man-Love for Kevin Mitchell, but I think you might love him more...

I never called you a terrorist either? But if you were, I'm sure that MI5 would be monitoring your movements so I'm cool if you are.

I just haven't seen much of a debate to warrant me thinking "actually Mitchell could beat Rios". The way I see it is:

Rios can cut off the ring a lot quicker than Katsidis was able to, Rios is also a BIG Lightweight with a solid chin good handspeed and a very decent dig. Add in a little accuracy to the mix too. Mitchell would look good for all of 2 rounds when he is circling and jabbing Rios away, but once Rios realises that he could walk through Mitchells shots he would close him down. On the ropes Mitchell would lose the rounds... in the centre of the ring, Rios would dominate and out muscle. I can't see a single way that Mitchell would beat Rios?

I also agree that Chisora would beat Fury if they fought again, but I know that I'm not you as my grasp of grammar is a cut above... plus I've no doubt that I'm more handsome.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:53 pm

Still not forgiven Mitchell for the Katsidis fight, two tickets a hotel, train there and back for me and TSMR for that, cheers Kev, on the plus side did get to spend some time in the East End which is as charming as I always hoped it would be so every cloud and all that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:55 pm

rowley wrote:Still not forgiven Mitchell for the Katsidis fight, two tickets a hotel, train there and back for me and TSMR for that, cheers Kev, on the plus side did get to spend some time in the East End which is as charming as I always hoped it would be so every cloud and all that.

Jellied eels guv'nor?...

By the way, you mention Lord Lucan... I think I found him (he's hiding in you profile picture! Very Happy)

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:03 pm

School Project wrote:
steven24 wrote:

Woah, it was only a question. No need to get all Fight Club on here.

You're entitled to your opinion mate, that's what a forum is all about, I just thought you might have been Towzer because I truely miss that guy. He showed some SEEEERIOUS Man-Love for Kevin Mitchell, but I think you might love him more...

I never called you a terrorist either? But if you were, I'm sure that MI5 would be monitoring your movements so I'm cool if you are.

I just haven't seen much of a debate to warrant me thinking "actually Mitchell could beat Rios". The way I see it is:

Rios can cut off the ring a lot quicker than Katsidis was able to, Rios is also a BIG Lightweight with a solid chin good handspeed and a very decent dig. Add in a little accuracy to the mix too. Mitchell would look good for all of 2 rounds when he is circling and jabbing Rios away, but once Rios realises that he could walk through Mitchells shots he would close him down. On the ropes Mitchell would lose the rounds... in the centre of the ring, Rios would dominate and out muscle. I can't see a single way that Mitchell would beat Rios?

I also agree that Chisora would beat Fury if they fought again, but I know that I'm not you as my grasp of grammar is a cut above... plus I've no doubt that I'm more handsome.

I heard you look like John Merrick, so i doubt your as good looking as me, my grasp of Boxing knowledge is a few levels above yours, and it aint an exam so grammar should be orite, Pal.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:04 pm

rowley wrote:Still not forgiven Mitchell for the Katsidis fight, two tickets a hotel, train there and back for me and TSMR for that, cheers Kev, on the plus side did get to spend some time in the East End which is as charming as I always hoped it would be so every cloud and all that.

I went the Murray fight in Liverpool, was epic besides the Scouse chavs, that performance more than made up for an off night against a glorified heavy bag with eyeballs, Khan v Prescott anyone? i was there too.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:11 pm

Towzer has returned then.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:12 pm

If your knowledge is so much better than mine then why don't you show a little of it on this thread then? All I've read is that Kevin Mitchell is the best British boxer... That's quite the statement from someone with such knowledge... You haven't put a case forward to WHY or HOW he's the best... Because to me, he's nowhere NEAR the best British boxer.

Instead you write barely conceivable tosh and retort to "how you heard I look like..."

Give me a break kid.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Towzer has returned then.

Towzer had some charm...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

Either someone is very sad and is copying him or it's him again, the use of destroyed, schooled and the love for Mitchell make it glaringly obvious.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Either someone is very sad and is copying him or it's him again, the use of destroyed, schooled and the love for Mitchell make it glaringly obvious.

Careful Ghosty... He might accuse you of having split personality and think you're calling him David Haye!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:37 pm

School Project wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Either someone is very sad and is copying him or it's him again, the use of destroyed, schooled and the love for Mitchell make it glaringly obvious.

Careful Ghosty... He might accuse you of having split personality and think you're calling him David Haye!

I've reported you and ghosty, etc, the mods can deal with things now, they can also feel free to verify ip's, etc to see if i'm 'someone else' which of course i aint. Ciao

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:40 pm

Didn't Tina expose Towzer on another thread a couple of days ago...?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:41 pm

steven24 wrote:
School Project wrote:

I've reported you and ghosty, etc, the mods can deal with things now, they can also feel free to verify ip's, etc to see if i'm 'someone else' which of course i aint. Ciao

Hi, don't want to get involved in pettyness, but am genuinely interested to know more about why you think Mitchell would handle Rios so well?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:45 pm

Read through the thread pal... A good debate was raised and instead you act like a child. Proclaiming your love for Mitchell and couldn't reply with a boxing related reply toward the end.

Tell who ever you want...

Tophat, I already asked how he thinks Mitchell could beat Rios yet he doesn't bother...

Back on subject. Any other realistic fights that could happen this year?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:46 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
School Project wrote:

Hi, don't want to get involved in pettyness, but am genuinely interested to know more about why you think Mitchell would handle Rios so well?

Neither do i, so lets talk Boxing not talk alias' when i don't have the same opinion as someone else. Mitchell is a quality boxer-puncher and would jab his head off imo, is very, very fast handed and his left hook carries big pop. Rios is slow, very easy to hit and it took him 3 rounds longer, and being hit a lot more to beat Murray who Mitchell introduced to boxing ability and being stopped, i think Rios is the most beatable 'big name' out there. Mitchell would bust him up, and make him look silly.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:48 pm

School Project wrote:Read through the thread pal... A good debate was raised and instead you act like a child. Proclaiming your love for Mitchell and couldn't reply with a boxing related reply toward the end.

Tell who ever you want...

Tophat, I already asked how he thinks Mitchell could beat Rios yet he doesn't bother...

Back on subject. Any other realistic fights that could happen this year?

Read above, i'm sure you and a few others accused me of being someone else because i rate Mitchell, my love for Mitchell? i think he'll be britain's next world champion if the Burns fight comes off, and i like him as a fighter, did i not ask you for permission, oh i forgot i didn't have to. There's no 'debate' at all, let alone a good one, in saying i'm joe bloggs because i don't share your view, i explained above about Rios as well, he's utter ordinary, looked his usual terrible self against Murray as well, can't make weight either, is the kid serious?.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:53 pm

steven24 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
School Project wrote:

Neither do i, so lets talk Boxing not talk alias' when i don't have the same opinion as someone else. Mitchell is a quality boxer-puncher and would jab his head off imo, is very, very fast handed and his left hook carries big pop. Rios is slow, very easy to hit and it took him 3 rounds longer, and being hit a lot more to beat Murray who Mitchell introduced to boxing ability and being stopped, i think Rios is the most beatable 'big name' out there. Mitchell would bust him up, and make him look silly.

Agree the boxer-puncher, he has a sound jab and nice upper-cut. I think he would cause Rios some difficulties but will only push it to the line if he is at 100% and doesn't feck it all up like he did against Kats. Rios isn't too hard to hit as you say but Mitchell isn't very fast handed at all and, at the end of the day, Kats was an easy to hit face-first fighter and Mitchell got completely shown up.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

steven24 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
School Project wrote:

Where have I heard that before?

Lets be honest for a second, Katsidis showed that Mitchell isn't all that, as soon as he upped the pace he stopped Mitchell with ease who looked like a boy in against a man. Rios is a far superior boxer to Katsidis so don't see how on earth Mitchell could hope to survive long unless Rios is incredibly weight drained, he's too big, strong and powerful for a decent but overly impressive Mitchell.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:16 pm

Can we all stop worrying about whether someone is an alias or not and talk boxing, it only creates ill feeling which the likes of me and windy cop for cleaning up

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:44 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
School Project wrote:

Agree the boxer-puncher, he has a sound jab and nice upper-cut. I think he would cause Rios some difficulties but will only push it to the line if he is at 100% and doesn't feck it all up like he did against Kats. Rios isn't too hard to hit as you say but Mitchell isn't very fast handed at all and, at the end of the day, Kats was an easy to hit face-first fighter and Mitchell got completely shown up.

Have to disagree about Mitchell not being fast, he's lightning, he has flaws like all fighters, and may well struggle at world level, we won't truly know until he steps up again, i think he's capable though, but with regards to speed, on the pads and in the ring he's more than demonstrated top handspeed, very, very fast. Rios will be embarassed off a top class boxer, it's a crying shame Mitchell through his own daft behaviour never got the shot at him when Rios did, a dead at the weight Rios vs Mitchell would of been suicidal for the American imo.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:00 pm

A top class operator like Acosta demolished Rios so I can see where you're coming from but Mitchell lacks top class power to discourage him marching forward, too strong and too powerful for a man who was shown up the only time he's stepped up. Gamboa could potentially show Rios up but he's a world class potentially great fighter.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

steven24 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
School Project wrote:

Have to disagree about Mitchell not being fast, he's lightning, he has flaws like all fighters, and may well struggle at world level, we won't truly know until he steps up again, i think he's capable though, but with regards to speed, on the pads and in the ring he's more than demonstrated top handspeed, very, very fast. Rios will be embarassed off a top class boxer, it's a crying shame Mitchell through his own daft behaviour never got the shot at him when Rios did, a dead at the weight Rios vs Mitchell would of been suicidal for the American imo.

Lightning?? Faster or slower than Khan at the weight?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:00 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
steven24 wrote:
School Project wrote:

Lightning?? Faster or slower than Khan at the weight?
I'd say Kevin's faster than Khan personally, Khan is quicker to blame people for his losses though.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next