The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora Vs. Wladimir KBro

+6
manos de piedra
The Galveston Giant
Nico the gman
trottb
TopHat24/7
AlexHuckerby
10 posters

Go down

Chisora Vs. Wladimir KBro Empty Chisora Vs. Wladimir KBro

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:22 pm

Generally its said that a pressure fighter with a good chin would ruffle Wladimir up and I think most of us were suprised at how well Chisora performed against Vitali, so do we now think Del Boy could give the little brother some real problems? I would be shocked if he got the chance at this moment in time and would have to reprove himself but can anyone believe that Wladimir could be beat by Chisora if Del Boy came in against him with the same maniacal pressure? Is Wladimir going struggle against him or will Chisoras seeming lack of a dig tell?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Chisora Vs. Wladimir KBro Empty Re: Chisora Vs. Wladimir KBro

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

Wlad is nowhere near as open as big bro, doesn't let punches go, is regimented and drilled and never deviates from the plan - especially against a fighter without the power to trouble him.

As Chis doesn't have the speed or elusiveness to evade him I'd expect an LKO finish for the K-bot.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

Was thinking this myself yesterday but would have to say no. I think the extra snap in Wlads jab would be a big factor as the fight goes on and Chissora would be in a lot worse condition in the 9th than he was on Saturday.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

Delboy comes out pressurising and throwing punches be interesting to see how Vlad copes with been knocked out of his robotic style,my bet would be jab,jab hold on the way to a points victory.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:31 pm

Whatever the result Chisora would give it a go, that's all i ask. Wladimir to take a clear, legit UD. Be nice to see Wlad pushed back though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:40 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Whatever the result Chisora would give it a go, that's all i ask. Wladimir to take a clear, legit UD. Be nice to see Wlad pushed back though.

I get the impression with Wlad, a bit like with Floyd, that you can never tell how hard he is to fight until you get in the ring with him. Everyone thinks they have a plan, thinks they've spotted something they can exploit, but after a couple of rounds their efforts and attempts are fruitless.

Yes Chisora would give it a go but I think Wlad would deal as competently as ever with his pressuring style and, unlike against Vit where he was able to achieve some minor success to drive his confidence and prolong his stamina, against Wlad he'd find his energy and confidence depleting much more quickly. Especially as Wlad uses the 'lean-on' tactic to much greater effect than his brother which will tire a smaller fighter.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Whatever the result Chisora would give it a go, that's all i ask. Wladimir to take a clear, legit UD. Be nice to see Wlad pushed back though.

I get the impression with Wlad, a bit like with Floyd, that you can never tell how hard he is to fight until you get in the ring with him. Everyone thinks they have a plan, thinks they've spotted something they can exploit, but after a couple of rounds their efforts and attempts are fruitless.

Yes Chisora would give it a go but I think Wlad would deal as competently as ever with his pressuring style and, unlike against Vit where he was able to achieve some minor success to drive his confidence and prolong his stamina, against Wlad he'd find his energy and confidence depleting much more quickly. Especially as Wlad uses the 'lean-on' tactic to much greater effect than his brother which will tire a smaller fighter.

Agree with this more or less. I dont think Chisora enjoys as much success getting past the jab, and when he does he gets wrapped up.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

I think the ref would be quick to split the fighters as he did with Vitali, as Chisora's best chance is to work on the inside. I was confident Chisora would see the final bell on Saturday but going by the prediction league not many did. I think fighters who stand off Wlad would be aswell not turing up as they're not going to outbox him, Chisora was controlling the centre of the rings at times with Vitali and i think he could with Wlad aswell, i still don't give him a chance of winning and he of course could be taken out, but he has a good chin.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 6:22 pm

Chisora's work rate and stamina is far better than Haye's so i don't think Wlad would have it all his own way, although Wlad is far faster and much better at this stage than Vitali imo

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 21 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm

Wlad's all round boxing skills will nullify anything Chis brings. His jab is simply superb. Wonderful balance and footwork. Yes he sometimes gets ruffles when pressured. But ramgey boxers tend to get ruffled.

Wide UD for me. I'd even go so far as say a shut-out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:So do we now think Del Boy could give the little brother some or Wladimir could be beat by Chisora?

In a word, no.

Wladimir simply isn't that same fighter of a few years back. The idea that Wladimir is easy prey for any puncher (and I'd hesitate to even call Chisora that at world level, for starters) is a falacy left over from eight years, a hell of a lot of improvement and a great coach in Steward ago.

Chisora isn't an intricate fighter. Vitali's style of 'having it' when necessary suits him more than Wladimir's cautious style would - I don't think Chisora has the speed or consistency of movement (his head bobbing tends to disappear after a few rounds) to navigate the best jab and right cross in the Heavyweight division, particularly given how Wladimir has become highly skilled in using the height and reach advantages he often has over an opponent. There's more chance of hell freezing over than there is of Chisora winning the proverbial chess match from the outside against Wladimir, and I'm not all that sure he'd get to Wladimir's inside much, either. Even if he did, I don't think he has the pop to send the younger brother reeling.

Chisora's superb chin would likely keep him in it until the final bell, but I imagine Wladimir would nigh-on shut him out. 118-110 to the man from Ukraine, unless he grows old over night, so to speak.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 7:43 pm

Chisora simply doesn't have that one punch power at this level to make it interesting, as Chris mentioned it's falacy Klitschko will fall when someone checks his jaw.

Very one sided world apart on skill level and one not to even think about.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down