The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus at Mania

+4
talkingpoint
Ent
JoshSansom
Dx Dan.
8 posters

Go down

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus at Mania Empty Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus at Mania

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

Does anyone think that Bryan vs Sheamus is really enough for a world title match at Mania?
The fact it was a dark match for the US title last year really is offputting.
Technically it should be a quality match, but for me it just doesn't have enough star power. Although I guess it's the 4th most important match on the card, so theres less attention and pressure on it. It's way too obvious that Sheamus is going to go over, and going over this weak cowardly heel Bryan isn't really an achievement. I would personally like to see Christian placed into this match as Barrett is now injured, and Orton is apparently lined up to face Del Rio in this Long vs Johnny ace feud for power of both brands.

Are Daniel Bryan and Sheamus big enough stars to hold a world title match at Mania on their own?
Should someone else be put into this match, if so who?
Overall views on the subject?

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus at Mania Empty Re: Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus at Mania

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm

I can't see it being a straight forrward 1 on 1, perhaps make it an Iron Man or Falls count anywhere just to liven it up a little..

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

It is going to be for the WHC but I can see this being hugely down the card...

Cena v Rock
Taker v HHH
Divas Title match filler
Punk v Jericho
Orton v ADR
Gimmick match (poss Show & Shaq v Khali & Henry?)
MITB??
WHC

If they go for eight matches I can see that being a line up as it would give an environment for a lot of the upper mid card guys like: Cody, Ziggler, Kofi, Miz, Truth etc to have a match in the MITB. As such the WHC could go on about second or third.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:51 pm

Considering edge vs ADR opened last years em I wouldn't be surprised if we got the same again.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:08 pm

the problem with the WWE is that they turned Bryan heel. Bryan is naturally a face. He was voted best wrestler in the USA two years in a row if I'm not mistaken. He was a fan favourite in ROH and put on some 5* matches. When he debuted in the WWE on NXT it was like breaking through the glass ceiling and finally getting into the big leagues and his reaction at SS after he'd been dropped from the roster after the tie-gate incident when the Nexus took over Raw proved that even the 'WWE universe' was beginning to learn who he was and that he had a reputation as being an indie legend.

Bryan going into Wrestle Mania as WHC should have the 'boyhood dream' come true story to it; it should have the same feeling as the current CM Punk push, it should be a celebration of hard work, determination and genuine in ring talent. But instead, WWE turned him heel and have completely ruined his character and his big moment. Now he's going into one of the world title matches with very little credibility as champion and a mediocre heel run. Poor booking if you ask me.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

talkingpoint wrote:the problem with the WWE is that they turned Bryan heel. Bryan is naturally a face. He was voted best wrestler in the USA two years in a row if I'm not mistaken. He was a fan favourite in ROH and put on some 5* matches. When he debuted in the WWE on NXT it was like breaking through the glass ceiling and finally getting into the big leagues and his reaction at SS after he'd been dropped from the roster after the tie-gate incident when the Nexus took over Raw proved that even the 'WWE universe' was beginning to learn who he was and that he had a reputation as being an indie legend.

Bryan going into Wrestle Mania as WHC should have the 'boyhood dream' come true story to it; it should have the same feeling as the current CM Punk push, it should be a celebration of hard work, determination and genuine in ring talent. But instead, WWE turned him heel and have completely ruined his character and his big moment. Now he's going into one of the world title matches with very little credibility as champion and a mediocre heel run. Poor booking if you ask me.

Except that I believe that some of DB's best Indie work was as a heel and his face character sucked as it had no reason for the fans to get behind him - I think he is a really interesting heel and will be able to combine the cowardly and dangerous sides to it very well. That said the big test will be following WM presuming that he is beaten by Sheamus. Whether there is a draft, where he would end up and where in relation to other heels like Christian, Cody, Dolph, Wade etc.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:12 pm

I really believe Orton needs to be added to the match. Shaemus vs D Bryan does nothing to me. Dark match at mania last year. There not ready. In my view Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan would be fine. I still dont really know why Shaemus won the rumble. I dont have anything against the bloke i just dont think he is ready

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:44 pm

I think they have to give guys a chance, it's not like they are complete nobody's Sheamus has been Champ before, while Bryan was supposed to be the biggest talent in wrestling.

It also helps that there are 3 matches bigger than there's, so it takes abit of pressure off them. I'm sure both guys will put alot of work in together behind the scenes, and they will have a top match. Im personally prefering this match to Jerucho and Punk.

This whole rubbish about it lacking star quality is unfair, as every star was a nobody at some stage, and needed that big opportunity to prove themselves.

I just hope the writers come up with something creative to make the feud realy personal.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:55 pm

I think Bryan/Sheamus could work, considering a year ago, they were bumped off the main card for a Lumberjack US Title match that was a dark match and 3 minutes long
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
Except that I believe that some of DB's best Indie work was as a heel and his face character sucked as it had no reason for the fans to get behind him - I think he is a really interesting heel and will be able to combine the cowardly and dangerous sides to it very well. That said the big test will be following WM presuming that he is beaten by Sheamus. Whether there is a draft, where he would end up and where in relation to other heels like Christian, Cody, Dolph, Wade etc.

I'm not saying Bryan isn't capable of playing the heel, just this current heel run makes no sense to me. Why can't Bryan be a Rey Mysterio beat-all-the-odds type of character?! I just think a face Bryan either chasing the title going into mania or as a face champ would be better. The issue i have is that from the very beginning Bryan has been put down - albeit by heels - as uncharismatic and too small-time with no star appeal. If Bryan had been booked better without a completely redundant US title reign then he would be a much more attractive prospect for a WHC main event at mania.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:26 pm

I actually prefer Daniel Bryan's Charecter now he is a heel.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

I agree, any other situation with Bryan being the champ would be a massive draw but WWE have done their best to put me off him with is cowardness and sneaky wins.

In the same breath I will say though that I find him very entertaining and funny in his showing of "yes yes yes" persona

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down