The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The real reason that Finlay was fired and Daniel v Sheamus was a dark match?

4 posters

Go down

The real reason that Finlay was fired and Daniel v Sheamus was a dark match? Empty The real reason that Finlay was fired and Daniel v Sheamus was a dark match?

Post by ADMIN Fri 08 Apr 2011, 12:45 am

Triple H and Undertaker were both fined for their use of steel chairs in violation of the WWE's safety policy this week. During their match, Trips hit Taker in the head with a steel chair. It wasn't unprotected - Taker got his hand up - but the safety policy states that there are to be no shots to the head. What does this have to do with Finlay?

Well, at a house show, a Daniel Bryan/Sheamus match ended with a chairshot to the head. The house show? The March 25th one at Champaign, IL. The same house show that had Miz interrupt the National Anthem. The same house show that got Finlay fired. As the producer for that show, it was another black mark on his showing for the night, one that in theory should have been a lot more grievous than peeing off a sponsor. The given reason for the firing was never really given by WWE, but everyone assumed it was the National Guard complaining. Meanwhile, Miz really didn't get punished all that much at all. Bryan and Sheamus? They got left off the WrestleMania card, thus diminishing their exposure and their payout.

None of this is confirmed, but I think it makes a lot of sense. It also might cast some shadow on whether Finlay will get to come back a la Bryan after his tie-choking incident and whether the exclusion of the United States Championship match from Mania was at least partially punitive or not.

taken from http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.com/2011/04/more-on-finlays-firing-more-than-meets.html

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

The real reason that Finlay was fired and Daniel v Sheamus was a dark match? Empty Re: The real reason that Finlay was fired and Daniel v Sheamus was a dark match?

Post by Blade Fri 08 Apr 2011, 8:22 am

i think the wwe is getting very soft in its old age.i few years ago before the pg era chair shots to the head were the norm, i say get rid of this pg era get back to raw is war and they will find that there viewing figures start to climb just my opinion anyway.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

The real reason that Finlay was fired and Daniel v Sheamus was a dark match? Empty Re: The real reason that Finlay was fired and Daniel v Sheamus was a dark match?

Post by crippledtart Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:19 am

yarmouth blade wrote:i think the wwe is getting very soft in its old age.i few years ago before the pg era chair shots to the head were the norm, i say get rid of this pg era get back to raw is war and they will find that there viewing figures start to climb just my opinion anyway.

Viewing figures are climbing. As opposed to the end of the attitude era when they fell dramatically.

This is a fascinating story and it does explain a lot. After all, why would WWE bring attention to a chair shot that wasn't on TV? I think on the face of it the story is almost certainly true.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:35 am

Man Finlay was totally screwed, this is bigger than Montreal!

As for Bryan Danielson, you'd think by now he'd have learnt not to use any props in his matches/angles. Any time someone suggests he use a chair/title belt shot/sledghammer/guitar/tie in a match he should ask "Is this gonna get me fired?"

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down