The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather v Cotto on BoxNation

+12
The Galveston Giant
Union Cane
ShahenshahG
hampo17
PROSKAGOLOVKIN
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Valero's Conscience
Mind the windows Tino.
johnson2
Rowley
rob-glos
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mayweather v Cotto on BoxNation  - Page 2 Empty Mayweather v Cotto on BoxNation

Post by rob-glos Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/02/boxnation-to-show-mayweather-v-cotto.html?m=1

Interesting one this, I thought this might have gone to Sky.
Sky announced their Golden boy deal last week and Golden boy are involved in this one.

Makes no difference to me as I subscribe to BoxNation but I expect this will upset some people.

I guess BoxNation are keeping to their word about showing big fights though.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Cotto on BoxNation  - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather v Cotto on BoxNation

Post by tcribb Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 am

KingMonkey wrote:Is excellent if you're an F1 fan... plenty of those about really.

I agree mate but not if you're a boxing fan and the channel has ploughed it's budget into F1 and can't even outbid channels like Primetime and Boxnation for the worlds leading fighter. Really shows Sky have no interest in the sport whatsoever.

Anyway I prefer watching the cars go past on the main road.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Cotto on BoxNation  - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather v Cotto on BoxNation

Post by tcribb Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:44 am

Truss prizefighter is dismal viewing its an insult to the boxing fan, why sports have to dress things up so much these days amazes me to keep the fans interested. 20/20 cricket, super snooker, UFC all garbage IMO.

Listen this argument has stirred since Boxnation has emerged as a channel, I understand many of us are sports fans of all varieties but in theory if it weren't for Boxnation, what boxing would you be watching?

I'm not here to tell anyone what they spend the money on, but as long as it continues the way it' has for a tenner month I will be very pleased indeed.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 am

No Wlad vs Mormeck is an insult to the Boxing fan...

Giving journeymen fighters and up and coming fighters a chance to make a name for themselves and gain recognition is good.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 am

Don't get what's wrong with the way UFC do things, the make the best fight the best which is the way it should be done.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:50 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No Wlad vs Mormeck is an insult to the Boxing fan...

Giving journeymen fighters and up and coming fighters a chance to make a name for themselves and gain recognition is good.....

What's all this about, Truss, you're finally spelling Wladimir correctly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No Wlad vs Mormeck is an insult to the Boxing fan...

I agree mate the fight is a joke.

Prizefighter wouldn't be too bad if it was once year, but imagine paying your subscription for that! Its low standard with rules that shouldn't be sanctioned.

Whatever next 1 half of football with flashing music to keep the youngsters entertained.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:52 am

Still think it's Vlad...but I've been worn down by Rowley's insistence on W...

Taking the PC route now... angel

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Still think it's Vlad...but I've been worn down by Rowley's insistence on W...

Taking the PC route now... angel

I might start calling him rovvley again, if only because I know it annoys Union.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:56 am

Tino, Rowley, Truss

As boxing obsessives Do you think you'll bite the bullet if Boxnation announce Manny v Bradley, Rios v Gamboa, Marquez next fight ect...on top of the news they've got Floyd v Cotto card.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:57 am

tcribb wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Also, I think people are getting carried away with fights like Donaire, Chavez Jr. I wouldn't be caught dead staying up to all hours watching a fight unless it involved Cotto, Floyd, Manny, or Khan (depending who it was against).

All well and good for people to get excited that certain fights are being televised, but they were always available online and I can guarantee about 5% of subscribers actually would have watched fights of that nature (b-level US fights) at those late hours.

As it was mentioned above, Boxnation are showing the fights that are available online for free but charging for them and employing Steve Bunce who gets on my nerves as well as other dire pundits.

The good thing about Sky pundits is you have Jamie Moore, McGuigan, Spencer Oliver who all have sound opinions and aren't too bad on the ear

So in theory you just like the glamour boys, I'm absolutely delighted Boxnation show the likes of Donaire as boxing does t stop at bloody Floyd and Manny.

Forget the morals Boxnation are doing what Sky should be doing, Instead we have F1 and Prizefighter, excellent !

No if you cared to read, you would see that I would only STAY AWAKE TO THE EARLY HOURS to watch the mega fights, its easy enough to get the other fights the next day.

I take it you don't have kids?? If you did, you would know the full impact of staying awake to 5am every weekend with a toddler waking you up at 6-7am. The top fighters are worth it, Donaire etc aren't. They may be one day, but right now, they aren't.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:58 am

tcribb wrote:Tino, Rowley, Truss

As boxing obsessives Do you think you'll bite the bullet if Boxnation announce Manny v Bradley, Rios v Gamboa, Marquez next fight ect...on top of the news they've got Floyd v Cotto card.

No cribb, I wouldn't. It would be a painful experience but I have made my line in the sand now and won't be stepping over it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:59 am

Cribb I was considering this early with regard to what would I do if Manny Floyd got made and they got that one, still genuinely don't know my answer would like to think I would stick to my principles but who knows.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:01 am

What d'you mean I'm up almost every night now...Probably great If you've got kids!!

Wish I'd called him Damien...Sure everyday I go to work a raven and alsation follows me!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:01 am

Deemck at my age I wouldn't stay up to watch anyone live at 5am mate, I usually record and watch the next day, can't get away with all this streaming on computers.

Tino you stubborn blighter.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:02 am

And the same goes for you Rowley.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:04 am

tcribb wrote:
Tino you stubborn blighter.

I'm all talk mate. If they get the next Matt Skelton comeback fight then I'm all over Boxnation like a rash.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 am

Skelton is fighting Tom Dallas on 3rd March.

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:09 am

She wouldn't let me If I did want it.......I wouldn't blame her......

Used to go out every Sunday together......now she moans I watch the Boxing and then the Soccer on that day.....also moans that I spend too much time talking to wallies on the internet Cool .....

Boxnation would be divorce street!! Cool

So maybe I'll get it after all!! Yahoo

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:10 am

Ha nice one mate,

Anyway have nice evening lads, I'm off to treat the wife to the screening of Dempsey vs Tunney since its Valentines.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:13 am

Let us know if she thought Dempsey was robbed!!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:56 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Tino I wouldn't worry about it Mate...Not a surprise to find that Boxnation are advertising on here and rob-glos and Provo turn up all of a sudden...

I don't mind abuse..it's all fun.. but I do wish they'd declare their interest...

Wow.
Ok, I'll declare my interest... I enjoy watching Boxing.

I've been a member on here since June last year and was on 606 as a lurker for about 2 years.
I don't have anything to do with BoxNation apart from subscribing to it and getting frustrated at the amount of repeats.

I very rarely post but visit pretty much every day, to be honest I keep quiet because my knowledge is nowhere near most of you.

Interesting accusation though.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:00 am

Sorry, I did win tickets to Burns-Katsidis last November from a comp on their website.

This doesn't prejudice me though as they were crap seats....

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:18 am

Just to point out that streaming something is not illegal, if I were to promote a stream I had personally uploaded that would completely different.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2