The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather v Cotto Poll

+7
ONETWOFOREVER
EdWoodjr
KingMonkey
Valero's Conscience
paperbag_puncher
bellchees
Seanusarrilius
11 posters

Go down

Mayweather v Cotto Poll

Mayweather v Cotto Poll Vote_lcap56%Mayweather v Cotto Poll Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 14 ]
Mayweather v Cotto Poll Vote_lcap32%Mayweather v Cotto Poll Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 8 ]
Mayweather v Cotto Poll Vote_lcap4%Mayweather v Cotto Poll Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 25

Mayweather v Cotto Poll Empty Mayweather v Cotto Poll

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 02 May 2012, 12:50 am

We got a few days to get a good idea of how this goes.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Cotto Poll Empty Re: Mayweather v Cotto Poll

Post by bellchees Wed 02 May 2012, 1:12 am

Late stoppage for Floyd. Can see the corner pulling Cotto out after eating 1 too many straight right hands.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 02 May 2012, 2:06 am

Mayweather loves that shot at the mo, cotto will be competative for at least the first 4 IMO before the wear and tear start to take effect and mark Cotto up. Thinking late TKO if anything or corner stoppage as you say. can't help thinking I am somewhat underestimating Cotto, but Mayweather is superb.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 02 May 2012, 8:10 am

Mayweather on points is 10/11. Can see a PBF stoppage at a push but UD seems the most likely outcome for me.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 02 May 2012, 8:18 am

If i was to make a bet it's got to be Floyd by UD but I can imagine Cotto's corner chucking in the towel if by the later Cotto is taking a pointless beating.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 02 May 2012, 8:30 am

I haven't seen Cotto's last couple of fights but by all accounts he's not the same fighter as the guy who lost to Manny. He's a bit more ring smart now, better footwork, a better all round boxer. If he can mix up smart boxing skills with a rough coming forward style at times he can make a good fight of it, I dont see him taking a beating at all. PBF on points.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 02 May 2012, 8:47 am

Well, not by the fact that he won but more by HOW he fought. Cotto can make this competitive but it's still a clearnwinfor Floyd for me.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 02 May 2012, 3:05 pm

Mayweather can chop him down much like Corralles, not a clean KO coming, but can TKO if he keep slanding at 40% + consistency

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 03 May 2012, 6:31 pm

Doesn't seem to be as many people on this borad as used to be. Or am i imagining things?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Thu 03 May 2012, 6:47 pm

A pasting similar to the one Mayweather dished out to Gatti although this one will probably take a bit longer.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 03 May 2012, 8:31 pm

Hard fight for Floyd but he will win by controversial decision.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 03 May 2012, 9:45 pm

Floyd is trying to sell the fight as if its a big one with the two best... Bullsh1t.... he should be fighting Pac Man. Who has beat Cotto easy.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 03 May 2012, 9:59 pm

Well you can blame Arum for that. Floyd is carrying tyhis fight as Cotto is a very quite fighter who 'just wants to fight, no talk' so you can't blame Floyd for make the fight bigger then it really is.

And yes Pac did beat Cotto easily as he was weight drained this is only the second time Floyd will be fighting at this weight so even stevens where weight is concerned.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri 04 May 2012, 12:58 am

Am also plumping for a late Mayweather tko - death of a thousand cuts style.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 04 May 2012, 2:02 pm

Qoxiivi wrote:Am also plumping for a late Mayweather tko - death of a thousand cuts style.

Yep, That what i think, Cotto is goign to cut and bruise, always does. Only worry is that May won't go for kill as he doesn't have that venom he had after Ortiz nutted him. But I am sure he wants to end it befor ethe bell if possible.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 04 May 2012, 2:19 pm

I think mayweather is far more aggressive now, he is talking about a knockout.... He was clearly trying to knock Shane Mosley out in their fight.

I'm really looking forward to Alvarez vs Mosley, I have just a sneaking feeling that Mosley will be right up for it and could pull off the upset. Alvarez isn't as fast as Mayweather or Pacquiao and is not difficult to find. He has also been hurt badly before.

That being said Mosley could be a no show again, so I wouldn't bet on it, but it would not surprise me if he pulls it off. If even 75% of Mosley shows up Alvarez could be in trouble. I am still not sold on him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 04 May 2012, 2:24 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I think mayweather is far more aggressive now, he is talking about a knockout.... He was clearly trying to knock Shane Mosley out in their fight.

I'm really looking forward to Alvarez vs Mosley, I have just a sneaking feeling that Mosley will be right up for it and could pull off the upset. Alvarez isn't as fast as Mayweather or Pacquiao and is not difficult to find. He has also been hurt badly before.

That being said Mosley could be a no show again, so I wouldn't bet on it, but it would not surprise me if he pulls it off. If even 75% of Mosley shows up Alvarez could be in trouble. I am still not sold on him.

I got money on Alvarez stopping Shane. I just think if Shane goes past 3/4 rounds then Alvarez youth and strength will be the deciding factor - plus shane is gone. he would have hammered him in his prime but now he has 3 good rounds then he is in trouble and will begin to gas.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 04 May 2012, 2:39 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I think mayweather is far more aggressive now, he is talking about a knockout.... He was clearly trying to knock Shane Mosley out in their fight.

I got money on Alvarez stopping Shane. I just think if Shane goes past 3/4 rounds then Alvarez youth and strength will be the deciding factor - plus shane is gone. he would have hammered him in his prime but now he has 3 good rounds then he is in trouble and will begin to gas.

Sounds like 5/1 for Sugar doesn't offer much value

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 04 May 2012, 2:40 pm

EdWoodjr wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Sounds like 5/1 for Sugar doesn't offer much value

shane KO is well worth a flutter. But I think his power will be a little diluted at 154 and Alvarez is heavy handed at the weight. But, alvarez is easy to hit, so always a chance for Shane

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 04 May 2012, 8:06 pm

It took Manny at his most devastating 12 rounds to stop Cotto. That's a powerful, agressive, high activity fighter. 11 rounds against the much larger (and probably cheat gloved) Margarito. Both these guys are known to throw in excess of 1200 punches per fight sometimes are they not?

I'd be really surprised if Mayweather stopped him given his economic style and the fact that he's hardly heavy handed.

Mayweather UD but Cotto can make it competetive. Say what you like about him being shopworn, he's still the best Mayweather's faced since...De La Hoya or before? That's at least five years.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down