The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The dullest Wrestlemania build up EVER

5 posters

Go down

The dullest Wrestlemania build up EVER Empty The dullest Wrestlemania build up EVER

Post by MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo Tue 22 Mar 2011, 1:18 am

With only 13 days to go I must say I have never been less hyped up for a Wrestlemania ever...it's like it's coming at the complete wrong time....

Triple H or Undertaker can't even wrestle in a match prior to Wrestlemania due to the risk that they will get injured easily so just try and big it up by doing dull 10 minute long entrances/interviews....

Del Rio build up for his title match has gone completely stale....

A US title change just weeks before Wrestlemania meaning possibly having to build a new rivalry or have the same match again which just takes the value of it down due to the fact it came free on Raw weeks before....

A dull mixed tagged match which lets be honest nobody could give two s**ts about....

A WWE championship match which most people would think was The Rock vs Cena the way they have gone about it the last few weeks....

The card is so low on decent matches they have to get two commentators on the main event bill....

I for one will not be ordering this event....has the potential to be the worst Wrestlemania ever.

MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo

Back to top Go down

The dullest Wrestlemania build up EVER Empty Re: The dullest Wrestlemania build up EVER

Post by crippledtart Tue 22 Mar 2011, 9:28 am

When I read something like this, two thoughts creep into my mind:
- I wonder how long you've been following wrestling.
- I assume you've never seen Wrestlemania 9.

I am expecting WM27 to be ok. I can't see it being one of the greatest, but it will be nowhere near the worst. I think the hype has been fine in general, again it hasn't been great but it hasn't been bad. None of the matches look like they'll reach five stars, but none look like complete duds either.

If you think the build-up has been really bad and the card is underwhelming, that's up to you, but to say it could be the worst Wrestlemania ever, seriously, what makes it potentially worse than WM9?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The dullest Wrestlemania build up EVER Empty Re: The dullest Wrestlemania build up EVER

Post by talkingpoint Tue 22 Mar 2011, 9:38 am

I agree with crippledtart, this looks like its going to be a decent wrestlemania - not quite spectacular (although it could surprise us) but not aweful either.

Personally I have liked the way several of the important matches have been built up, namely:

1. Cody Rhodes evolution into a more vicious, phantom of the opera type character
2. The Miz owning Cena last week and also fooling the crowd too pretending to be the Rock

3. Del Rio & Christian's cage match leading to Edge getting jumped by Brodus and Del Rio smashing his arm in with the chair - a very good ending to an enjoyable SD

4. HBK's interviews about Taker and HHH - those alone have done a great hype job for the match and HHH's promos have been solid so far too.

5. Rock's segment with the child Cena - it was both funny and true

I admit there doesn't seem to be a great injection of pace into any of these feuds, it doesn't really feel like they are hurtling towards their imminent encounters at Mania, it is a little pedestrian; however the card is looking promising and I am looking forward to seeing the events unfold at the PPV.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 9:39 am

To be fair crips Wrestlemania 9 had Jim Ross and Bobby Heenan in togas.

I think Wrestlemania 27 will be solid enough, there are some potentially good matches on the card and barring the Snooki fiasco - which should still provide some entertainment courtesy of John Morrison & Dolph Ziggler - there doesn't appear to be any horrible ones either.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:35 am

In answer to your question 'crips' I have followed Wrestling since '93.....the first PPV I saw was actually Wrestlemania 9! I agree it wasn't the best Wrestlemania but I think Wrestlemania 11 is the worst Wrestlemania...

The only match I am actually interested in seeing is Punk v Orton....(could change however if all they plan to do is bury CM Punk yet again)

MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:41 am

Punk/Orton and Rhodes/Mysterio are the 2 sleeper matches on the card for me, they could easily steal the show given enough time. I'd love for both these matches to get 15-20 minutes each but my concern is that WWE will want to cram in an extra dumb segment or shave time off to put onto another match and we'll end up with these 2 matches going 6 minutes apiece.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 22 Mar 2011, 11:00 am

Wow, if WM9 was my first PPV I probably would have not bothered with wrestling any more!

So do you really think this one could be as bad as WM9 or WM11?

I just don't see it. There is nothing on the show I am dreading. I'm intrigued to see how most of the matches turn out, even matches I'm not particularly looking forward to. I am expecting at least three matches to reach *** or more.

I'm expecting an average Wrestlemania. It could surpass expectations but I don't think it will be below average. It strikes me as a bit hysterical to say this is going to be the worst ever. It reminds me of two years ago when WM25 featured one of the greatest matches of all time and people were saying it was the worst 'Mania ever because it had a flat main event.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo Tue 22 Mar 2011, 12:11 pm

It just seems to me its lost its ability to have a solid card over the years, there used to be a flawless amount of matches that everybody would want to see, but now it just seems the just throw matches together to make up the numbers.

MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 22 Mar 2011, 12:54 pm

They've always thrown undercard matches together. The hype has always revolved around the top four or five matches and feuds. Besides, with two weeks to go they have pretty much announced the entire card (and the main matches were set in stone at least a month before).

I don't mean to pick apart everything you say but I think this is just wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean by "there used to be a flawless amount of matches that everybody would want to see", but if you mean that most Wrestlemania cards have looked exciting in advance from top to bottom, I'd strongly disagree with that too, and ask you for a few examples.

One thing that was better was that there was less wrestling on TV so most of the matches at Wrestlemania were ones we'd never seen before and there was a sense of anticipation in seeing two wrestlers meet for the first time. That has certainly gone, but I do not think that there have been very many Wrestlemania cards that looked amazing up and down the card in advance.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Mar 2011, 1:47 pm

Its been a steady enough build up, nothing spectacular but thats because the WWE have lost a lot of big names over the last year like HBK Batista and Jericho and with HHH and The Undertaker not returning until a month ago either and the week to week booking was never going to get anyone over enough in time to be a major player in time to sell Mania themselves

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down