The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhys Gill

5 posters

Go down

Rhys Gill Empty Rhys Gill

Post by RubyGuby Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

Very little mention of this guy around. I thought he had a good match and gives us a very good option in the front row. Took the game to Ireland in the loose and held his own in the scrum. Thought the penalty for him slipping was harsh.

Other noteable fringe palyers and virtual unknowns were:

Ian Evans - finally lived up to his promise and made the initial burst for North's try
Tipuric - this guy had a significant bearing on the result and the use of this lightweight forward in the lineout was a great ploy
Ryan Jones - Almost forgotten - he has got his game right on track and is getting back to 2005 vintage
Cuthbert - I actualy thought he was looking good and was a little surprised at him coming off after 40 minutes, particularly for Hook

Wales need to be level headed now, there is some strength in depth and as long as they keep the structure and the dynamism they have a good chance in this championship - Well done lads Hug

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Rhys Gill Empty Re: Rhys Gill

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:52 pm

Gill had very good game indeed bu that said our scrun wouldn't have struggled even if James had started but Gill offers more round park than James.

Evans had a good game but again was part of a line out that mis fired a bit, still hope Evans can be the 'enforcer' we need.

Tipuric - Yeah liked the way we used his lighter frame as a line out option, if Warburton is injured then start Tipuirc next week.

Jones - I have been one of his biggest critics over the last few seasons but biggest compliment I can give him is that we didn't miss Lydiates work rate. I would even start him Sunday with Lydiate coming off the bench to get some game time ready for the England game.

Cuthbert - Seemed a srange decision to take him off, lets hope it doesn't damage his confidence.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:56 pm

Was well impressed with Gill. All we need now is a tighthead to come through and we'll be laughing. AJ isn't going to be around forever...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:00 pm

Sorry but I think Gill was average. He conceded a lot of penalties at the scrum and was not as dynamic in the loose as I would like. Let's hope he works hard on his game.

Ian Evans did well but lost a few line outs. Fast and athletic In the loose though.

Bradley Davies was having a great game until that stupid attempt at a tackle.

Mike Phillips was great, at his best a real menace.

Priestland was superb in all but his goal kicking. Which is not his reason for being our first choice flyhalf.

All round more positives than negatives.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

I wouldn't risk Lydiate if Warburton is fit next week.

I would rather he had an extra week off or had a club game for match fitness.

If Warburton didn't make it then maybe Ryan to 4, Lydiate at 6 and Tipuric at 7.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down