The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So then Rhys Patchell

+10
thebluesmancometh
Liam
Smirnoffpriest
wales606
XR
maestegmafia
BlueNote
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
bluestonevedder
Casartelli
14 posters

Go down

So then Rhys Patchell Empty So then Rhys Patchell

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:59 am

We all pretty much knew the lad is good and seems to have that magic, but we also knew that the press will be dry humping the lad sooner or later.

So here is my two pence worth, if your good enough your old enough, get him involved with the Welsh set up and give him game time off the bench.

Also it's nice to see a player who gives a toss.

Back to top Go down

So then Rhys Patchell Empty Re: So then Rhys Patchell

Post by Casartelli Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:04 am

Gatland's next utility back.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:45 am

Sounds like a cracking prospect, and at such a young age too. Hopefully he'll be considered. Wales fly halves for the 6 Nations?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:20 pm

What about Des Parrot?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:38 pm

True Gatland will probably have him on the wing.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:39 pm

He has very sensibly said in effect he wouldn't even be thinking about that for a few years. He does look like a great prospect, though.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:44 pm

Played very well all season, shame about injury, great to see him back and playing so well.

What has happened to Steffan Jones at the dragons?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:45 pm

I've been impressed with him since his early games for the Blues this season, we just look more in control when he is playing, he makes the right decisions most of the time, he has pace, good defense, and his kicking game is right up there.

If he hadnt been playing against Montpellier yesterday we would have lost by a much greater margin, his kicking was pinning them back in their 22, winning us territory.

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

Don't want him anywhere near the wales squad, he's too important to us for Wales to take him for X amount of weeks in the year, knacker him out and get him to play through injuries before sending him back to us and him needing 6 weeks out.

He's a special player and, for once i agree with phil davies, needs to be nurtured through his first professional season.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:15 pm

Unfortunetly, I don't think the Blues will have him during the 6Ns.

He is incredibly composed, his tactical and goal kicking was excellent yesterday. He is also extremely quick, can attack the line like a centre (where he has played a fair amount) and is probably one of the best defensive FHs in Wales, if not the best.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:40 pm

wales606 wrote:Unfortunetly, I don't think the Blues will have him during the 6Ns.

He is incredibly composed, his tactical and goal kicking was excellent yesterday. He is also extremely quick, can attack the line like a centre (where he has played a fair amount) and is probably one of the best defensive FHs in Wales, if not the best.

Really?

I suppose Gats may let him carry Priestland's kitbags.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:49 pm

Casartelli wrote:
wales606 wrote:Unfortunetly, I don't think the Blues will have him during the 6Ns.

Really?

Carry Preistland's ankle more like.

Hopefully Dan Biggar will start the 6Ns, but Patchell could well make the bench (likely the Italy game at least) if Preistland is injured. Given the choice, I would much rather see Patchell on the field than Preistland at the moment.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:57 pm

I'd rather see Neil Jenkins back on the field at 10 instead of Priestland, but the Llanelli man seems undroppable.

Even if he has two broken ankles it couldn't make his kicking any worse.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:59 pm

So the madness begins with another No10, at least until he has a drop in form...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Mon 10 Dec 2012, 2:04 pm

Neil Jenkins is a proven 10. Couple of weeks to get back in shape and he won't let us down.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 10 Dec 2012, 5:04 pm

Think he needs a solid season at regional level first. I agree with the comments that he looks a tremendous prospect, and has all the attributes to be a quality international FH.

However, I think Hook still deserves a run at 10 during the 6N with Biggar next in line. Any injuries however he'd be getting the call if I was in charge. I think it would also be beneficial to his development to see him have a couple of bad games for the Blues and see how he comes back from it.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:10 pm

How about we see if he can play against a range of club defences, at a consistent level, oh and for a season first.

Or better still lets give him a bit of U20 game time?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:12 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:How about we see if he can play against a range of club defences, at a consistent level, oh and for a season first.

Probaly a good idea if hes "heard of scotland"

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:15 pm

I'm pretty sure welsh kids don't have to ask around to find out about a strange wystical hilly country of the north.

Whats your point? Oh Shinglar qualified through family and was stopped from joing the Scottish squad because he represented Wales in an official (2nd team) game. Is this a joke? Attempt at WUm, or just plain trolling?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:19 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:How about we see if he can play against a range of club defences, at a consistent level, oh and for a season first.

Probaly a good idea if hes "heard of scotland"

He does have ginger hair Shocked

Lucky he has played for the 7s though Wink
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:20 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I'm pretty sure welsh kids don't have to ask around to find out about a strange wystical hilly country of the north.

Whats your point? Oh Shinglar qualified through family and was stopped from joing the Scottish squad because he represented Wales in an official (2nd team) game. Is this a joke? Attempt at WUm, or just plain trolling?

I think he was referring to Heathcote who got called up by Scotland having had a few good games for Bath and having Scottish grandparents, got capped then the coach resigned.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:51 pm

wales606 wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:I'm pretty sure welsh kids don't have to ask around to find out about a strange wystical hilly country of the north.

I think he was referring to Heathcote who got called up by Scotland having had a few good games for Bath and having Scottish grandparents, got capped then the coach resigned.

Yep terrible. Wonder if this is somehow the WRU's fault though as well, (Shingler).

I think Patchell should finish this season with the Blues and Wales U20 (6 Nations and JWC). Please try in this years U20 Six Nations Wales. Also, Robinson can get back to Sevens for the time being.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:12 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
wales606 wrote:

Yep terrible. Wonder if this is somehow the WRU's fault though as well, (Shingler).

I think Patchell should finish this season with the Blues and Wales U20 (6 Nations and JWC). Please try in this years U20 Six Nations Wales. Also, Robinson can get back to Sevens for the time being.

He will be too old for the JWC.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:40 pm

I think it depends on when he turns 20. If a certain month before the JWC then he still may be eligible.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:43 pm

I like Patchell but to be honest he needs more time with the region and U20s not the pressure of the Welsh ten jersey thrown at him in his first season.

We have Biggar and Hook for the six nations as well as Robinson, Henson, Shingler and Wellies all playing in the premeirship who could step in at a push.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Wed 12 Dec 2012, 6:55 pm

I am not a blues fan so i have only seen him play once in the recent blues vs ospreys game and patchell really stood out as being terrible, maybe he was having an off day from full back but he butchered almost every opportunity he got....it sounds like he has been playing well all season but I thought he was dire in that game and thought it may have been his first senior club match or something.....international quality...not yet I'd say!

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 12 Dec 2012, 7:01 pm

sirtidychris wrote:I am not a blues fan so i have only seen him play once in the recent blues vs ospreys game and patchell really stood out as being terrible, maybe he was having an off day from full back but he butchered almost every opportunity he got....it sounds like he has been playing well all season but I thought he was dire in that game and thought it may have been his first senior club match or something.....international quality...not yet I'd say!

That was the only bad game he has had, having to move from FB to FH halfway through a game having been out injured for 2 months.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 12 Dec 2012, 7:14 pm

Casartelli wrote:

Really?

It will stop Preistland kicking it away.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down