The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd ODI, New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Whangarei

Go down

2nd ODI, New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Whangarei Empty 2nd ODI, New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Whangarei

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 am

On a fairly dead pitch in Whangarei New Zealand 372/6 (Nicol 146, Guptill 77, Oram 58, Latham 48) thrashed Zimbabwe 231/8 (Chigumbura 63, Taibu 50, Oram 3-29). l

Batting first New Zealand's openers were contained initially, restricted to 10 runs off the opening 5 overs before Guptill and Nicoll unleashed a 131 run opening stand. Jacob Oram was promoted to #3 from #8 and rolled back the years with a 28-ball 58. McCullum and Latham continued the carnage while Nicol accelerated after reaching his ton. In the face of increasingly wayward bowling and fielding 86 runs came off the last 5 overs.

In reply Zimbabwe's top order failed again, leaving the middle order to give up on the chase and get some batting practice, and they crept through to a 141 run loss.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

2nd ODI, New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Whangarei Empty Re: 2nd ODI, New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Whangarei

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 am

ZIM appear to be going backwards again.

Back to top Go down

2nd ODI, New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Whangarei Empty Re: 2nd ODI, New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Whangarei

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:32 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:ZIM appear to be going backwards again.

Indeed. Zim were always poor tourists, but the contrast with how well they competed at home last year is a little depressing.

They're not the first team to trip up on green seaming NZ pitches mind you - and NZ is having a cool damp summer.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:38 pm

yh but kiwi, the problem is that, if they cant compete anywhere else other than ZIM, then they have no chance do they..

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:52 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:yh but kiwi, the problem is that, if they cant compete anywhere else other than ZIM, then they have no chance do they..

I know Sad

I have a soft spot for the Zim team (which sometimes surprises me as Mugabe is top of the very short list of people I wouldn't throw a rope to if they were drowning) and want to see them do well.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:43 pm

i also have a soft spot for the ZIM team, i hope they make progress, because it will be good to see them back being compeitive as a test playing nation again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down