The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking news: Golden Boy cancel Khan IBF appeal

+17
manos de piedra
Rowley
hampo17
AlexHuckerby
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
bhb001
GW40
lovely_london
milkyboy
Knowsit17
monzon
Lance
Imperial Ghosty
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
TopHat24/7
azania
Commander
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Breaking news: Golden Boy cancel Khan IBF appeal - Page 3 Empty Breaking news: Golden Boy cancel Khan IBF appeal

Post by Commander Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

No info. as yet as to why.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Breaking news: Golden Boy cancel Khan IBF appeal - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking news: Golden Boy cancel Khan IBF appeal

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Peterson won fair and square IMO and the original decision should hold. Khan was pushing a lot and the referee was right to dock the points after repeated warnings were given.

Khan, rather than look at his own shortcomings is blaming everyone else. He's proved to be a very poor sportsman. The more he talks the more foolish he looks.

In contrast, Peterson has behaved admirably throughout this whole fiasco and has probably gained a lot of new fans as a result. I'm certainly one of them!

Back to top Go down

Breaking news: Golden Boy cancel Khan IBF appeal - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking news: Golden Boy cancel Khan IBF appeal

Post by Super D Boon Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Okay so if the hatman needed to correct dodgy scoring from an WBA supervisor why do the WBA feel that as enough reason to demand the rematch? Yet as this guy is sort of an "official" with the IBF they decide not to. There must be enough of a smell here if the WBA are insisting on the rematch.

Besides, Petersen won't rematch Khan now I don't think and will carry on with the IBF.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:42 pm

markj3k wrote:Peterson won fair and square IMO and the original decision should hold. Khan was pushing a lot and the referee was right to dock the points after repeated warnings were given.

Khan, rather than look at his own shortcomings is blaming everyone else. He's proved to be a very poor sportsman. The more he talks the more foolish he looks.

In contrast, Peterson has behaved admirably throughout this whole fiasco and has probably gained a lot of new fans as a result. I'm certainly one of them!

How do you know he is not working on improving his inside game? Do you believe any boxer who has aspirations of being world class will ever say that they are crap fighting on the inside? Or even admit to making mistakes during the fight?

Fir crissakes, you guys want Khan to say and do things no other boxer in hostory would ever say,

In-effing-credible.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Okay so if the hatman needed to correct dodgy scoring from an WBA supervisor why do the WBA feel that as enough reason to demand the rematch? Yet as this guy is sort of an "official" with the IBF they decide not to. There must be enough of a smell here if the WBA are insisting on the rematch.

Besides, Petersen won't rematch Khan now I don't think and will carry on with the IBF.

I personally believe the WBA are looking out for their interests and point scoring against the IBF. Dont be fooled into thinking that they are on some sort of moral crusade with this case.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:A few things to highlight

1. Khan and GBP should not be appealing the decision in any shape of form, there was no robbery.

2. I think there should be a rematch for two reasons, the closeness of the fight and the deductions being such a significant factor.

3. The deductions despite being to the letter of the rulebook were harsh and personally don't think they should have happened.

4. It is about time we had some consistency in refereeing, all well and good saying 'play the referee' but there can be such a difference in the way fights are officiated it's a tad silly.

5. Khan wins a rematch fairly comfortably.

Agreed totally except for point 5. LP to win comfortably.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Peterson just isn't that good, he had his one off performance but wont be replicating it again any time soon.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Peterson just isn't that good, he had his one off performance but wont be replicating it again any time soon.

Thing is, I dont think Khan is that good either. He has the potential to be very good, but so far he hasn't developed in the way he should have. I've said for over a year that he should leave Roach and go elsewhere to learn how to keep guys off him. Not to learn how to fight on the inside because not every fighter can be the complete package, but to utilise his range far better.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Peterson fought as well as he possibly could against a sub par Khan and scraped to victory, narrow that down at all and you're left with Khans speed being far too much.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Are handwraps mandatory or just prudent?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Peterson fought as well as he possibly could against a sub par Khan and scraped to victory, narrow that down at all and you're left with Khans speed being far too much.

I dont know if its a sub par Khan we saw. Maidana gave him all sorts and LP did the same. He has a problem with aggressive fighters and always will unless he develops a jab that can deter opponents.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:59 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Are handwraps mandatory or just prudent?

Prudent in a Marg style.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Peterson fought as well as he possibly could against a sub par Khan and scraped to victory, narrow that down at all and you're left with Khans speed being far too much.

Rounds 1 and 2 Peterson was still trying to fight on the inside - those fights gave Khan a +3 margin. The rest of the fight was majority Peterson.

There's enough evidence to say that if Peterson applies the pressure again - Khan could crack again. There's also enough to say that Khan dropped a ball and will pick things up next time around - but I don't think its a dead certainty, by any means.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:03 pm

oxring wrote:

Rounds 1 and 2 Peterson was still trying to fight on the inside - those fights gave Khan a +3 margin. The rest of the fight was majority Peterson.

There's enough evidence to say that if Peterson applies the pressure again - Khan could crack again. There's also enough to say that Khan dropped a ball and will pick things up next time around - but I don't think its a dead certainty, by any means.

Very good Oxy. You are coming round to my way of thinking.

Now to work on other areas of your boxing knowledge. PM me if you want help. And I have a paypal account. OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:06 pm

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Now to work on other areas of your boxing knowledge. PM me if you want help. And I have a paypal account. OK

Unused because you have no one to pay?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:07 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Unused because you have no one to pay?

One can only try.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:08 pm

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Alas, Az, I've thought this since I saw the fight again over Christmas. 'Fraid I can't give you much credit. Was impressed by Peterson's switch-up halfway through.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:14 pm

oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Alas, Az, I've thought this since I saw the fight again over Christmas. 'Fraid I can't give you much credit. Was impressed by Peterson's switch-up halfway through.

Just consider it. My knowledge and your weaponised English..... What a team. I'll take care of the finances. Cool Trust me, I'm a Saffer. Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:24 pm

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Just consider it. My knowledge and your weaponised English..... What a team. I'll take care of the finances. Cool Trust me, I'm a Saffer. Very Happy

I was with you, right up until the last sentence Wink
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3