The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

+17
sportslover
Tenez
luciusmann
invisiblecoolers
erictheblueuk
kaeru
Henman Bill
Jubbahey
amritia3ee
barrystar
laverfan
Jahu
Mad for Chelsea
legendkillar
LuvSports!
JuliusHMarx
Simple_Analyst
21 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO Empty Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:41 am

With the AO days away, tennis will be back in full again and with that comes some great plays, bad plays and out right disgraceful plays. Players have bad habits they can't stop when playing. This actually is not what they do between breaks but when the ball is in motion.

Federer verbally attacked Djokovic at last years USO for hitting a winner off his serve using a bad play ground tennis habit of "hit hard and hope for the best". Well that may be true but i call it guts. Anyway, these are the bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO.

1. Ball Shanking - Main culprit - Roger Federer.

Shanking is a disgraceful habit cultivated at a young age. It's worse when you consider shanking is when a player throws racquet at a ball in hope just because he couldn't time the ball properly or lacks the skills to deal with certain types of balls. Thankfully for the good image of tennis, shanking often results in the ball ending in the net or in the crowd.

2. Hawkeye Abuse - Main Culprit - Federer

Hawkeye hypocrisy in the worse crime in tennis. For a player who was vocally against hawkeye when it was introduced leading to even challenging it's accuracy, Federer abuses the hawkeye system more than any other player. Using it to break opponents rythm ; poor gamesmanship.

3. Choking - Main Culprits - Roger Federer, Victor Triocki.

My advise - Get a sport psychologist.

Choking is an embarrasing habit that must be eradicated from the game. Hit an ace on match point. Don't hit the ball into the net on match point. No 5th set choking or mental crumbling.

Here is to a great AO free of the above.

Last edited by Simple_Analyst on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO Empty Re: Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

Don't forget nose-picking. Main culprit - Federer.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO Empty Re: Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:50 am

Julius, a player doesn't pick his nose when the ball is in motion.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

Simple_Analyst wrote:Julius, a player doesn't pick his nose when the ball is in motion.

Don't think they challenge hawkeye while the ball is in motion either, do they?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm

Actually they do. When been outplayed in a rally and about to lose a crucial next point, a hawk eye hypocrite like a Federer gets his mind set on the next ball that hits 2 meters within the baseline.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:03 pm

im sensing great fear in you simple analyst. You have hate, you have anger, yet you do not use them and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:14 pm

I'll take that advice dad. Smile

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:17 pm

"These are not the bad habits you are looking for"

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:21 pm

Mmmmm bad habits you have. Use hawkeye you shouldn't.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:22 pm

Mr Founder, they are. Honestly the only thing that actually ever wound me up is a player choking a match. For all the stick Murray gets for his grand slam finals performances, choking is not one. Can't be said for other players.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:23 pm

Julius don't you think some players abuse hawkeye? It's supposed to be a fair system.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm

2. Hawkeye Abuse - Main Culprit - legendkillar Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

Julius, Im not sure if SA knows what we are on about. Very Happy

SA, choking (I dont really like the word) is a part of all sports and can happen to the best. It happens in cricket, football, and tennis and others. I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad habit as it is not just down to that one individual/team but also due to the performance of the opposition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:28 pm

That darned Federer, choked his way to 16 slams and 70 titles Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:29 pm

legendkillar wrote:2. Hawkeye Abuse - Main Culprit - legendkillar Laugh

Laugh Laugh thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:31 pm

legendkillar wrote:2. Hawkeye Abuse - Main Culprit - legendkillar Laugh

post of the day clap

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:33 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Julius don't you think some players abuse hawkeye? It's supposed to be a fair system.

I remember Murray saying he knows his shot is out but challenges just to see how far. I guess so he can judge how much he over-hit by and adjust his next shot. Not sure if that's abuse of the system or not.

I also remember reading about a player who hit a winning return of serve, but the serve was called out. So the receiver challenged the call, saying the serve was in, so his return of serve should count as a winner - and won the point. Not sure if that's a true story or not.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed 11 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

1'st April come early with this article? Got to be voted the most senseless post of the 2012. clap
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:38 pm

The Saga of Unrequited Love continues. Laugh

The Bard would be ashamed of his writings seeing such masterpieces as the OP.

BTW, what chapter/page are we reading now, SA? Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:44 pm

Another of Federer's dodgy habits at the Australian Open that S_A will no doubt not want to see is his propensity to win matches, 12 participations at 59-8 or 88% to-date.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm

Interesting article SA, although I feel you have been slightly anti-Federer.

Analysis:
1/ Federer, although he hasn't got the world's most reliable backhand, is definitely not the worst culprit for shanking. There are other players who are much worse at this. And I don't really consider it a bad habit as such- a shank is a poor stroke, not a bad habit.

2/ I'm sorry I have never seen Fed actually use hawkeye to disrupt the opponent's rhythm- can we have a link for that please?
However I have noticed he does complain about its accuracy a bit too much.

3/ Choking- Troicki yes, Federer maybe. I wouldn't call what Fed does choking but he just plays the big points badly sometimes. He's not that bad mentally though and shouldn't be called a choker.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

Laverfan, this is chapter 1 of this objective analysis.

Well they are a few shankers but don't know with the consistency on tour like Federer.

I have to say Federer's abuse of the hawkeye was absent last year Amritia, there are a few videos of him on the net.

For the choking part, that unfortunetaly is the truth. Federer and Triocki are joint no.1 culprit.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:37 pm

amritia3ee wrote:I feel you have been slightly anti-Federer.

Slightly? Laugh

Simple_Analyst wrote:this is chapter 1 of this objective analysis.

Objective? Laugh I eagerly await the Epilogue.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

The whole article is a pretty poor attempt at trying to rewrite history and recent memories in prob 99.999999999999% of the worlds population that has seen Federer play tennis in the last 20 years.

The fact that it has come from the pen of the 0.000000000001th populative member of planet earth is not surprising.

Marks:- zero out of 1 billion.

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:58 am

One player has been unfairly singled out here. How dare you dirty the name of nerve-holding and hence Davis-cup winning legend of Troicki.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by kaeru Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:39 am

Yes Fed shanks sometimes, but so do others. Keep in mind that he plays with one of the smallest racket heads on tour. He should be commended for NOT shanking most of the time. They don't call him 'The Mighty Fed' for nothing.

kaeru

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 12 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

People get emotional when their favourite players are labelled "choker" in this case Federer but unfortunately, choking is choking and there is no way around it. Sugar coating the word wouldn't change it unfortunately so Mr Founder, the word is as it is.

I watched the NBA game this morning between the Los Angeles Clippers and Miami Heat. I don't know how many of you watch basketball but i'm sur you know Lebron James. For a player of such amazing talents and a physical freak of nature, his choking is well documented and this is envidence in clutch situations late in games, this particular match in the 4th quarter when he went 1-6 shots made yet again in a losing effort for his team. Now Lebron is a choker and it's obvious. Apply that to Federer's ability to squander match points at an alarming rate and the word "choke" is deserved.

Kaeru, shanking has nothing to do with playing with a small racquet. Federer used to play with a 90 sq inch frame. Pete Sampras played his whole career using a more smaller 85 sq inch frame and was a SBH along with host of others like McEnroe and they never shanked the ball that much. Like i said, it's a bad habit picked up from childhood when a player throws racquet at a difficult ball.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Thu 12 Jan 2012, 4:49 pm

It might be better for you if you didn't watch it and just listened out for the results.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 12 Jan 2012, 5:23 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:It might be better for you if you didn't watch it and just listened out for the results.

Or just continue to watch only NBA... OK

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 12 Jan 2012, 5:25 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:People get emotional when their favourite players are labelled "choker"

I was in floods!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:14 pm

You just dont wanna see the habits or dont wanna see him play at all? Laugh

What would be your thread title if suppose Roger marches on with title? Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:19 pm

Of course it will be a thread to congratulate him should i deem the victory credible.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Of course it will be a thread to congratulate him should i deem the victory credible.

Federer's win are never credible Laugh

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:39 pm

Welll for slam wins, that's a half accurate statement.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Fri 13 Jan 2012, 12:21 am

More vile bile from our resident comedian! We must commend him for putting up the most negative threads with which no one agrees. If anyone gets so emotional it's the OP with more boring player bashing which judging by the comments on here from others, no one else is interested in.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:10 pm

Luciusmann, where is the bashing here? Lets start from point 1 to 3 and answer these 3 simple questions.

1 Does Federer shank?

2. Does Federer abuse Hawkeye?

3. Does Federer choke?

3 very simple questions all with substantial evidence. If you answer them all rightly, we can conclude there is no bashing here buta rather fair tennis analysis.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

1. Yes, but since he hits so many other winners from all over the court it doesn't really matter. In fact, he goes for such risky winners (and gets a lot of them) that shanking is the inevitable result of a fractional mis-timing

2. No.

3. No, not in the sense you mean. I believe Fed has the best tie-break record of any player, which indicates a distinct lack of choking. Most of his losses in 5th sets are not choking, but often tiredness - read Rafa's book for his description of the Wimby 2008 final. Rafa knew that Fed was tired at the start of the fifth set and all he had to do was wear him down to him - in Rafa's opinion.
His one mental weakness in that area is that if he loses a couple of match points in a close 5th set he seems to panic a bit and be unable to recover the match. Hardly the choker you make him out to be.

Oh no, I've got the anwers wrong - silly me!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:09 pm

Ok Julius, so when does he he become a choker? When he sqanders a 100 match points and lose the matches?

Last edited by Simple_Analyst on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:11 pm

Nice try SA, but unless you have no understanding of logic your thread makes absolutely no sense. The question you posed is who is most guilty of these bad habits not if Federer is guilty and even before you pose the questions of whose guilty of these habits, you launch into an attack(or start talking about Federer negatively at least) on Federer in the second paragraph. Not player bashing? Pull the other one, you arn't even capable of being subtle about it.

There's next to no substantive evidence for any of your points (actually, any person with common sense will notice it's opinion masquerading as evidence) and I'd like to see actual examples cited for the abuse of hawkeye as I never seen Federer do that. Federer choking is entirely subjective and is your personal opinion. Again, shanking is down to personal opinion. Pretending this article is impartial is a load of non sense, it's better you accept what every other contributor on this thread has acknowledged.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:16 pm

Well, he's won 810 matches and lost maybe 8 or 9 after having MPs - so he wins 99% of his matches when he gets match point. And in some of those 8 or 9 matches e.g. Djoko USO 2010 he didn't choke on the MPs or even have MPs on his own serve - I'm sure even you'll agree it's hard to serve an ace when it's not your serve.
As usual you simplify things to bash Fed. Don't worry, we're used to it. We even enjoy it at times. Don't stop.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:20 pm

Shanking is an opinion? That's a Fedworshipping comment there Luciusmann. You can easily google the hawkeye parts.
As for choking, do you need evidence of that too?

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:35 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:That's a Fedworshipping comment there ...

Your 'secret' is out SA, your closet worship of Federer is now evidenced by these daily articles. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:44 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:People get emotional when their favourite players are labelled "choker"

That's nothing. Just tell them that their favourite player relies heavily on a superior physique and they become agressive and insult you no end. Ask Banbro or most Nadal fans.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:04 pm

Tenez wrote:
...they become agressive and insult you no end...
Poor Tenez Hug

amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:20 pm

This business of 'my-dad-is-bigger-than-yours' is tedious. Do you want get a room and hash it out, so some other discussions take place? Laugh or Crying or Very sad chin

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:23 pm

laverfan wrote:This business of 'my-dad-is-bigger-than-yours' is tedious. Do you want get a room and hash it out, so some other discussions take place? Laugh or Crying or Very sad chin
Who are you talking to, oh DofE. Chef
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:23 pm

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

When Rog is Shanking, abusing Hawkeye and choking - Mirka still playing as usual with her mobile Wink

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:24 pm

sportslover wrote:Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

When Rog is Shanking, abusing Hawkeye and choking - Mirka still playing as usual with her mobile Wink
I heard she has Snake 3D.
I'm quite jealous IMHO.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

amritia3ee wrote:
laverfan wrote:This business of 'my-dad-is-bigger-than-yours' is tedious. Do you want get a room and hash it out, so some other discussions take place? Laugh or Crying or Very sad chin

Who do you love? Laugh

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeDvbyaJA4

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:28 pm

laverfan wrote:
amritia3ee wrote:

Who do you love? Laugh

Like the new title laverfan.

I hope he pays you well Laugh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next