The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Pac - The Hunters Series for AO

+6
Simple_Analyst
10IS
YvonneT
Jeremy_Kyle
Mad for Chelsea
invisiblecoolers
10 posters

Go down

Wolf Pac - The Hunters Series for AO Empty Wolf Pac - The Hunters Series for AO

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 08 Jan 2012, 4:04 pm

Lets check the Wolves awaiting the opportunity for the hand of gold in AO if the top3 slips,

First Wolf -

Jo Wilfred TSonga - The French man is in the form of life, so close to beating RF twice in WTF, had an impressive win over Rafa, made the finals of Paris masters, WTF and ofcourse the title win in Doha, not to forget his impressive AO run in 2008.

Tsonga clearly the Captain wolf and will make a real impact if the top 3 not in form, he has an impressive h2h against the current King of ATP Nole. The career graph against Roger and Rafa only moving in forward direction, given the right set of draw he can repeat the success of 2008 if not do better.

Second Wolf -

The silent yet deadly Del Potro - The comeback has been very impressive, very unlucky DC campaign where he could have won both matches and the title for Argentina, his game has comeback but not the stamina levels, if its his tournament then he can do a USO 2009 in AO 2012.

Third Wolf -

David Ferrer - The confidence is oozing, for some strange reasons he is getting fitter and fitter and currently the fittest guy in the tour with unmatchable stamina, if the heat takes toll on top 3, Ferrer will make them pay badly. Except for Federer the other top 2 should be weary of playing of him.

I dont classify Berdych in it, as I dont see him in form or mentally strong enough to take the final stride when opportunity is provided.

I don' consider Murray as an wolf, coz he is a sleeping lion playing a defensive game, if he wakes up and go for the kill he certainly can do it even if the road to glory is tough, he doesn't need the top 3 to slip, he can still win [50-50] if he plays his best game and believe himself.

Tomic, Fish,Davydenko,Raonic, Isner,Hewitt, Roddick and Monfils will be the dark horses, they may not win the title but certainly can cause an upset.

Who you guys think the other wolves and dark horses for the upcoming AO?

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Wolf Pac - The Hunters Series for AO Empty Re: Wolf Pac - The Hunters Series for AO

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 08 Jan 2012, 4:11 pm

TBH I'm struggling to see anyone outside the top 4 winnings this one, but I think you've picked the next three likeliest quite nicely.

Tsonga certainly is in fine form, and has a very good record at the AO (he also made the semis in 2010, QF in 09). Certainly the most dangerous threat to the top 4. Don't think Del Potro has quite regained his level to be challenging for the title yet, but he's one the top players will be looking to avoid. Ferrer is trickier, he doesn't really have the weapons to beat the top 4 when they're fully fit and firing (on HC, he's a better clay-courter than Murray), but he's the last player you want to face if you're struggling (heat or injury). As such while I can't see him winning the title, a QF upset (like last year) isn't out of the question.

From the other players you mention, Tomic could meet anyone in R1, very dangerous floater.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Wolf Pac - The Hunters Series for AO Empty Re: Wolf Pac - The Hunters Series for AO

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 08 Jan 2012, 6:01 pm

Yo MFC , I wish Del Boy makes an impact, its unfortunate Soda head is not among the wolves this time around.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 08 Jan 2012, 6:08 pm

It's difficoult to see Ferrer win a slam, given he's proven so many times he doesn't quite have the bottle to go all the way in a Slam.

I agree both Delpo and Tsonga fancy a chance at this AO.

Talking about outsiders, Milos Raonic might be the first of youngster to catch up with the top guys this year, after some good results of lately, including the win over top 9 Tipsy.
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by YvonneT Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:33 pm

Good article.

I agree with your choice of Tsonga and Del Potro. For me, Tsonga has a better chance, so Del Potro's fitness in 5 set matches is still a bit suspect, so to win 7 in 2 weeks seems unlikely. I'm not sure why you think Berdych is not in form - he won the Hopman Cup with Kvitova. I think he's a possibility.

Fish I don't think could cause an upset, he's in the 5-8 seed bracket anyway, so to cause an upset, he'd have to beat one of the top 4 & I just don't see it on his current form.

I'd agree on Tomic, Raonic, Isner & Monfils as potential upsets, but can't see them winning.

Ferrer, again seeded 5, but highly unlikely to beat any of the top 4. I would see him more likely to go out earlier than the quarters, which will see him drop a lot of points. Bit harsh to say he doesn't have the bottle, JK - he's done pretty well with the game he has.

YvonneT

Back to top Go down

Post by 10IS Mon 09 Jan 2012, 2:32 am

Agree about Tsonga and Del Potro. Not sure if Ferrer has the game to beat the top 4 in a grandslam event and most likely he will have to beat 2 of the top 4 to win it. Birdy, if he makes it to the semis, can do it (win), but most likely wont.

10IS

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 09 Jan 2012, 3:05 am

Yvon thumbsup , yea sense Ferrer can do the damage of Federer falls early.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 09 Jan 2012, 7:20 am

Ferrer is not going to win a slam. Not in this lime time and not in the next either.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskay Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:27 am

Hunters can become hunted. If Tsonga were to fall in Murray’s half, what chances of survival does he have. Del Potro will be shot down by Joker. Ferrer would be tossed out by Federer. So, it all depends upon the draw.

Eskay

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 10 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

Eskay wrote:Hunters can become hunted. If Tsonga were to fall in Murray’s half, what chances of survival does he have. Del Potro will be shot down by Joker. Ferrer would be tossed out by Federer. So, it all depends upon the draw.

Exactly, if wolves were to be seperated they can be hunted easily, what generally favors them is the oppurtunity and grouping, so yea if they get the right draw and right oppurtunity [say like their hunter being knocked out early] they do have a chance.

The idea solution/scenario would be

Del Potro in Nadal's draw
Tsonga in Djokovic's draw
Ferrer in Murray's draw

With Federer knockoed out early hunters will chance the glory. Yahoo

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 12 Jan 2012, 1:27 pm

Del Potro not back to form yet - has just lost to Baghdatis in Sydney.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:07 pm

carrieg4 wrote:Del Potro not back to form yet - has just lost to Baghdatis in Sydney.
Well Marcos is not a bad player, on his day he has beaten some big names.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
carrieg4 wrote:Del Potro not back to form yet - has just lost to Baghdatis in Sydney.
Well Marcos is not a bad player, on his day he has beaten some big names.

I didn't see the match so I did wonder whether it was a bad day for delpo, a great day for baggy or a bit of both.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:18 pm

@ Carriage, neither i saw the match ,I hope its a great day for Marcos, coz he is a super talent and his career took a reverse curve with injury, so hopefully some point of time it will reignite.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

Me too. Would be good to see him doing well again.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 13 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

Del Potro in Fed's Quarter, thats gonna make it interesting.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 22 Jan 2012, 1:31 pm

Wolves are doing good, the first of real test come Tomorrow, Fed vs Del Potro, I have the feeling Wolf will taste the blood.
I guess there gonna be an upset tomorrow, it would either be Del Potro beating Fed or Berdych beating Nadal.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 22 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

Del Potro has a much bigger chance of beating Fed than Berdych does with Nadal. So if there's going to be an upset it will be the former.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:11 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Del Potro has a much bigger chance of beating Fed than Berdych does with Nadal. So if there's going to be an upset it will be the former.

Very true BITF, unless Fed plays his A-game an upset is very likely to happen, cracker of a contest for sure.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:21 pm

Oh come on. That USO match will never be repeated, DelPo is not Djokovic.

It's quite easy for Fed to beat him with his variety, drop shots really affect Delpo and that's what Federer will look to do as he knows it works on him.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:23 pm

Berdych has done pretty well up to now, but if he loses the first set with Nadal he might aswell quit. OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 23 Jan 2012, 12:22 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Berdych has done pretty well up to now, but if he loses the first set with Nadal he might aswell quit. OK

Thats the biggest problem with the Big Bird, he doesnt have the fighting abilities like Del Potro.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down