The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glory Hunters

+6
dummy_half
TopHat24/7
marty2086
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
dondelero
10 posters

Go down

Glory Hunters Empty Glory Hunters

Post by dondelero Mon 14 May 2012, 11:45 am

One good thing about Utd's disappointment is that it will rid the club of the glory hunters and fairweather fans that have attached themselves to Utd. Over the last few weeks when Utd have not played well, many of these "fans" had begun to attack SAF and the team, so now that the Title has gone to City hopefully they will go with it. These type of "fans" have been the scourge of Utd for sometime now and are a constant embarrassment to the club, they only appear when Utd have suffered dissapointment. True Utd fans know where the club is coming from and stick with them through times of plenty and not so plenty. Most clubs forget their history and live for now and if they get some success then all that has gone before is forgotten. This why Utd will always be a class apart from the others even when they don't win.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Glory Hunters Empty Re: Glory Hunters

Post by GSC Mon 14 May 2012, 11:55 am

Utd to attract crowds of 20k next season.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 11:59 am

I am puzzled as to why Utd fans have felt the need to come out all defensive. My nephew is a glory hunter who follows Chelsea and only did because they begun to win things.

The fact Utd were so close to winning the title should be applauded and it was only goal difference that kept them apart.

I find it silly for any Utd fan to criticise the side. I mean they haven't had their first pick centre halves and Smalling and Jones look like a solid foundation for them to build a side if you throw in Cleverley, Young and Welbeck who have had good seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 14 May 2012, 12:12 pm

Didn't look like many Man U fans were too disappointed to have lost the title in time added on to their city rivals, almost like their heart was never really in it to begin with. I only saw 2 or 3 fans of United who were heart broken at losing the title.

Arsenal have the same legion of sheep followers I have noticed, the "fortress" as known as the library for a reason!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 14 May 2012, 12:33 pm

Everyone seems to think Utd will fall away now like they did when Arsenal and Chelsea won the title yet their there every year for all Citys billions they were still only a few goals better off

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 14 May 2012, 12:38 pm

Marty

No.

You will fall away when Rooney leaves, or Fergy. Those 2 are the most important at the club.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 14 May 2012, 12:42 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Utd to attract crowds of 20k next season.

To training?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon 14 May 2012, 12:50 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Marty

No.

You will fall away when Rooney leaves, or Fergy. Those 2 are the most important at the club.

Really? We thought Utd should've been finished when Tevez and Ronaldo left, or was it when Keane left or maybe when Ince and Kanchelskis and Hughes left, or maybe when Bryan Robson left or maybe when...............................................

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 14 May 2012, 1:04 pm

dondelero wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Marty

No.

Really? We thought Utd should've been finished when Tevez and Ronaldo left, or was it when Keane left or maybe when Ince and Kanchelskis and Hughes left, or maybe when Bryan Robson left or maybe when...............................................

OK

When Fergie leaves itll be a challenge and may take a few years to steady the ship but theres a core and a system in place thatll keep Utd going but Rooney is 26 and has another 6 or 7 years at the top so think thatll be an issue thats a long way off

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 14 May 2012, 2:57 pm

It might be a bit much for Man U to take the title again in the next 2 or 3 seasons, as they just can't match the spending power of City or Chelsea, and are in a position of needing to rebuild the squad a bit. Some of their signings for this year (e.g Jones, Smalling) show that they are thinking of the medium term and looking to develop players in the same way as they did with Ronaldo (i.e. sign very promising youngsters and make them better players).

I'm not sure Rooney will stay at Man U if he sees them falling further behind City next year - I think he's the sort of player that is motivated by winning stuff, and so he could choose to go abroad to one of the top sides (Real, to ream up again with Ronaldo?).

Obviously the bigger question for Man U fans is what happens when Fergie decides to call it a day - last time they lost an iconic manager (Busby), it took many ears and several changes of manager to regain some stability and even then Man U were more a cup side than a league challenger. Only once SAF arrived did the consistency return, with the consequent run of great form over the last 20 years.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 14 May 2012, 3:05 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Didn't look like many Man U fans were too disappointed to have lost the title in time added on to their city rivals, almost like their heart was never really in it to begin with. I only saw 2 or 3 fans of United who were heart broken at losing the title.

Arsenal have the same legion of sheep followers I have noticed, the "fortress" as known as the library for a reason!

So how many United fans did you personally poll? All the Reds I know were devastated, including me.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 3:21 pm

bambamwillis wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Didn't look like many Man U fans were too disappointed to have lost the title in time added on to their city rivals, almost like their heart was never really in it to begin with. I only saw 2 or 3 fans of United who were heart broken at losing the title.

So how many United fans did you personally poll? All the Reds I know were devastated, including me.

Dont rise to the bait this bloke is an utter clown.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 14 May 2012, 3:29 pm

two_tone wrote:
bambamwillis wrote:

Dont rise to the bait this bloke is an utter clown.
And yet, you always come looking for this "utter clown" comments.

Sometimes ignoring is better if you can't take opinions. Whistle
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 3:40 pm

Get over yourself, its because any topic that could develop into an interesting debate you decide to ruin with your BS.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 14 May 2012, 3:50 pm

dummy_half wrote:It might be a bit much for Man U to take the title again in the next 2 or 3 seasons, as they just can't match the spending power of City or Chelsea, and are in a position of needing to rebuild the squad a bit. Some of their signings for this year (e.g Jones, Smalling) show that they are thinking of the medium term and looking to develop players in the same way as they did with Ronaldo (i.e. sign very promising youngsters and make them better players).

I'm not sure Rooney will stay at Man U if he sees them falling further behind City next year - I think he's the sort of player that is motivated by winning stuff, and so he could choose to go abroad to one of the top sides (Real, to ream up again with Ronaldo?).

Obviously the bigger question for Man U fans is what happens when Fergie decides to call it a day - last time they lost an iconic manager (Busby), it took many ears and several changes of manager to regain some stability and even then Man U were more a cup side than a league challenger. Only once SAF arrived did the consistency return, with the consequent run of great form over the last 20 years.

City out spent Utd by a country mile in the last few years yet Utd were there until the last kick

The problem will be replacing Scholes but Fergie seems to think Carrick is learning to control games so that will help but the younger players just need to learn patience as they can be too gung ho at times but they have grown over the season and they will be better next yea and don't forget Vidic will be there too and an always improving Evans on top of Cleverly.

The Keane twins, Tunnicliffe and Friars have all shown promise in the last year so will be on the fringes in the next year or two as well

Utd Im sure have a long term plan in place for replacing Fergie what it is I don't know but nothing can be concrete until they know when hes going

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 14 May 2012, 4:28 pm

Mainly ruined by your inability to come up with anything other than bashing me. Tard!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 4:45 pm

Bashing teams is all you do for a reaction, I know you need the attention but perhaps try coming up with something intelligent. You are so obvious in what you try and do its sad really, you won't even admit the team you support when you comment all day on a football section. clap

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 14 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Man City top class team clap

Agueroooooooo!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 5:00 pm

Joint top with United bar a few games glad you seen sense.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 14 May 2012, 5:04 pm

Indeed, ManU choked away the title like a small team usually would, look on the brightside you'd be champions if it wasn't for Agent Barton.. zen
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 5:08 pm

GOALS *

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 5:12 pm

Won't deny I was gutted yesterday but we have too much going for us to be that concerned would rather be in our postion than any of the other teams below us. For the so called great team we have stayed with them and have recorded the highest second position points total ever recorded in the Premier League. Hardly the pi55 poor season you like to dress it up as. One of our poorer ones granted but hardly a complete joke either. 2 mins before the last game had finsihed we were winning the title it was that close.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 14 May 2012, 5:20 pm

Sunderland defended poorly though and ManU could have got 4 or 5, for QPR it was different, they had 11 men behind the ball and had 19% possession, scoring from their only 2 attacks of the day. Would have been a travesty for football had they got something from the game with Mark Hughes dull tactics. City had over 30 shots on goal!

Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 14 May 2012, 5:29 pm

The league is about more than the last games played. City have played poorly just United have at times, they deserve to win it as the league is about as fair way of judging a team as you can get but my point is United are hardly plummeting. City and United are miles ahead currently of the chasing pack, roll on next season.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 15 May 2012, 10:44 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Sunderland defended poorly though and ManU could have got 4 or 5, for QPR it was different, they had 11 men behind the ball and had 19% possession, scoring from their only 2 attacks of the day. Would have been a travesty for football had they got something from the game with Mark Hughes dull tactics. City had over 30 shots on goal!

Since they played part of the game with 10 men its hard to get 11 behind the ball and most teams try that tactic against big teams, ir City and Utd

Your forgetting Kenny gifting City their 1st goal too

If Sunderland defended so poorly why did Utd only score 1?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 May 2012, 1:06 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Sunderland defended poorly though and ManU could have got 4 or 5, for QPR it was different, they had 11 men behind the ball and had 19% possession, scoring from their only 2 attacks of the day. Would have been a travesty for football had they got something from the game with Mark Hughes dull tactics. City had over 30 shots on goal!

And only scored twice. Hardly something to celebrate. Nipple.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 May 2012, 1:08 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Since they played part of the game with 10 men its hard to get 11 behind the ball and most teams try that tactic against big teams, ir City and Utd

Your forgetting Kenny gifting City their 1st goal too

If Sunderland defended so poorly why did Utd only score 1?

Basically it's the Swiss cheese of arguments/posts.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 15 May 2012, 1:09 pm

Guys can we drop the personal insults thank you OK

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 May 2012, 1:56 pm

Sorry but, as many other posters have alluded to, this Josiah character is a tedious WUM that just comes on to ruin threads and prevent sensible adult discusson - so unfortunately genuine users will get frustrated at times.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2012, 2:20 pm

Mind you QPR scored 2 from 3 shots at one stage during the game. If it takes City 30 shots to score 3 goals against 10 men, makes you wonder what the ratio would've been had QPR finished with 11.

It has happened to other teams in matches were they dominate and the other team are just more clinical.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Tue 15 May 2012, 2:20 pm

I love how Utd still have so many fans who'll bemoan City and Chelsea spending yet conveniently forget just how often Fergie has broken transfer records over the years, or just how many £14m+ players he continues to sign.
City are rightfully champs this season and yet the gap between them and Utd is barely large enough to fit a cigarette paper between them, yet look at the gap between those two and the rest, it's a chasm akin to the grand canyon, whatever happens in the summer, the rest of the league, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool Whistle will have to spend BIG on a few players just to stop themselves falling further behind the 2 Manc clubs.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 15 May 2012, 3:06 pm

United made their money to spend they have not been given it. Wake up.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2012, 3:12 pm

But thats money that United have made by becoming a profitable and successful football club, not some billionaire coming in and playing fantasy football so there is a massive difference

To the point of the topic though, obviously given the success that the club have achieved over the past 20 years it was only natural that we would acquire fans because we were winning trophies, and unfortunately these fans seem to be the most pessimistic bunch when we don't win something either

The way I see this year, I know we technically blew the league with 6 games to go, but I'm impressed with the team to stay up with the challenge and take it to the last game, I can't ask more than that. Scholes has a big say in why it did go down to the last game, and had he not come out of retirement I don't think that would have been the case. At the beginning of the season looking at what city had brought in and what we had brought in (or hadn't brought in in the case of centre midfield) I knew would be up there but I think even the most optimistic of United fans would have admitted City were favourites. I'm not saying the players we bought were rubbish, but there was always one position that needed filling and has done for a while yet transfer windows come and go without anything being done. In my eyes even Fergie isn't above criticism and he is the one who has chosen not to invest in the midfield and so often in games we have been overrun.

At the end of the day City had the best defence, attack and won both derbies so they were the deserved winners

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down