The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

+7
dammit_chris
CJB
prop_lyd
'Arry Spurs
Steven_Sharks
stnick88
Driver
11 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 2 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Tue 03 Jan 2012, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 2 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 2 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:11 am

Think he's going to claim an exception for this 6N with lack of a quality locks availible.

Don't think either Attwood or Garvey will make the cut unless Lawes isn't fit by then.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

If Chris promises to toe the the line then I will leave it. This is a game where trust is needed and we can't be having people cheating by adding players to their squad.

You've been caught numerous times Chris as you and me know. I don't want to go on about it anymore and I'm happy to leave it.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

Lets leave it at that then.

No need for anymore posts.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Pooly for God's sake - drop it - again saying I'm a cheat. Draw a line and move on. It's becoming a joke.

Sorry but I wont be called a cheat and think this is getting absolutely ridiculous of the constant accusations and finger pointing.

Can you please leave it as keeping this up is spoiling the enjoyment of the game for others and I know that you are looking for the last word, but I haven't cheated and think what you are doing is really out of line.

Can you not respond to what I've said and just move on instead of dragging up more ill feeling etc, there was no need to say what you did just there, so please just drop it.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

Dry your eyes Chris. If you hadn't of cheated in the first place we'd never be even talking about it!

I'm happy to leave it but I'm watching you Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

Fellas

I have tried not to get involved in this but seriously, this is pathetic. All the enjoyment is slowly being sucked out of this game and if it carries on then I'm out.

Give it up.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:44 am

100% agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:49 am

Me too Very Happy

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:06 pm

Deacon and Lawes likely out of 6N!

saw it discussed earlier but are we sure that you have to play in England or was that simply Johnson's idea?

As Morgan declaring himself for England suggests he's moving or the rules don't apply for other home nations. Don't see why they would have it different for Morgan but not Haskell or Palmer.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:07 pm

It was MJ I think. I imagine Palmer will be involved

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:16 pm

seen that lawes will be fine for 6n but may miss one game,

please dont select Robson and Palmer in the squad. i need one of them for my english starting 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:17 pm

This could be an interesting time for us with a new coach.

He could capitulate sides chances if he takes their english who might not usually go.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

would people mark me down for playing steffon armitage this week? obviously i have had him for 3 seasons and had a few months at bath now returned to me.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:23 pm

Depends if he's plays with the same sort of pack as last time mate.

Vainikolo leaves glaws

http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2011-12/rugby/story/157011.html
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:25 pm

well will be with kaino and rush who he played with all of last season for me.
only new player in my pack this season is castrogiovanni really.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

I think bench is ok Nick but starting is a little too much. 2 days training isn't much really, wouldn't lose you the game but he'd be at 60-80%.

I think 2,4,5,8,9,10 are the bedding on positions with 12 a bit further behind.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:29 pm

hes injured anyway so that sorts it!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 05 Jan 2012, 4:01 am

Flood is out of first two 6nations matches with a knee injury.

Makes things better for wasps this weekend as Tuilagi out too! might only lose by 20 points now!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 4:22 am

No shock big les leaving. He is basically 4th or 5th choice and we have another super quick wing 19 years old who is scoring for fun in the A league.

Good to get rid of him as he is on big money.

All in all big les has been a really good league convert and a good player for us. Fans will miss him

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 4:54 am

Still assessing Floods knee apparently so may still make first game, hope he does. We need some continuity in the side especially at pivot.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 4:57 am

good news for steve, bad news for me and pete

danaher, ansbro ruled out for a few weeks.
garvey and hape 50/50 to make the weekends game.

bowden, joseph, tagicakibau, sinclair, yarde, hala'ufia, treviranus all ruled out as well

What team would you play pete?

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 05 Jan 2012, 5:17 am

Not too worried about losing Big Les, he probably decided to stay on till new year due to getting game time during the World Cup. Good luck to him in Pro2
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:19 am

Flood and Tuilagi meant to be out of the first two games of the 6Nations - what price for Hodgson, Barritt and Farrell being the midfield, espec with Farrell being coach.

Could see them going for:

9. Youngs
10. Hodgson
11. Ashton
12. Barritt
13. Farrell
14. Strettle (for controlling rush defence, best bit of his game).
15. Foden

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:20 am

Got players available for cash at Falcons Smile

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:23 am

Cant see sharples not being involved. Strettle not england class for me. not enough of an attacking threat

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:28 am

I think Strettle was England class until he got injured playing against Wales after he made 4-5 30/40metre runs. Think the injury and playing for Sarries has changed him into a much more defensive wing - havent seen many better than him at the rush/blitz defence, similar to Lewsey with it.

I wouldnt really want to see Hodgson, Barritt or Strettle in that team but think Farrell could have a lot of influence.

Reckon with the two injuries we could well see Tindall start, if only as an old head to bring Farrell through. Sharples has to play - he gets on well with Lancaster too, so fingers crossed there will be a new look England come 6Nations.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:19 am

That is good news for us Nick.

The thing with Sale this season is that (excluding Exeter at Home) teams have had to work bloody hard to beat us and that's a welcome change to 60 point drubbing away from home. I mean Quins had to score 47 points and we still got an LBP and TBP from the game.

We have a good chance tbh with you. First time for a while we have had selection problems I think!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:20 am

And we have some very very handy players coming through (Eg Frazer Mckenzie is in the scottish 6N squad. Worth a punt in the foreigns for anyone after a useful lock)

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:26 am

Scottish 6N Squads

Backs: Joe Ansbro (London Irish), Mike Blair (Edinburgh Rugby), Chris Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors), Simon Danielli (Ulster), Nick De Luca (Edinburgh Rugby), Max Evans (Castres), Stuart Hogg, Ruaridh Jackson (both Glasgow Warriors), Lee Jones, Greig Laidlaw (both Edinburgh Rugby), Rory Lamont (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Lamont (Scarlets), Rory Lawson (Gloucester), Graeme Morrison (Glasgow Warriors), Dan Parks (Cardiff Blues), Steven Shingler (London Irish) and Duncan Weir (Glasgow Warriors)

Forwards: John Barclay (Glasgow Warriors), Kelly Brown (Saracens), Geoff Cross, David Denton (both Edinburgh Rugby), Alasdair Dickinson (Sale Sharks), Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby), Richie Gray, Dougie Hall (both Glasgow Warriors), Jim Hamilton (Gloucester), Robert Harley (Glasgow Warriors), Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh Rugby), Alastair Kellock (Glasgow Warriors), Scott Lawson (Gloucester), Moray Low (Glasgow Warriors), Fraser McKenzie (Sale Sharks), Euan Murray (Newcastle Falcons), Ross Rennie (Edinburgh Rugby), Alasdair Strokosch (Gloucester) and Richie Vernon (Sale Sharks

Shingler was a bit of a surprise I must say. Thought with Wales having no A team him playing for Under 20's would have mean he was welsh.

Last edited by Steven_Sharks on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:27 am

Be very interested to see if Duncan Weir goes over the 6 nations. going very well in the Rabo this year

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:30 am

Farrell isn't ready for starting Int rugby, needs to be brought in slowly.

Sharples hasnt impressed this season although I'm a big fan. Id have others above him in the pecking order tbh such as May who looks special.

Ashton is a concern also with his dip in form and fallout at Saints.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:34 am

I think Farrell is worth a punt, Never once have I seen him and thought he was't ready. I'd say he was more ready than Manu was.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:39 am

French squad named:

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7412031,00.html

Fofana, Nyanga, Maestri, David form call ups. Beauxis in also, god help them if TD gets injured.

Nallet dropped!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:56 am

Nallet is a surprise. Poitrenaud recalled.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:01 am

suprised Shingler has been called up.
He must of been told by Wales that he wont be included in the near future

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:06 am

There was trouble over that Steve. Wales werent letting players know they were tied to Wales internationally if they played u20s with them. Connacht signed two lads who came through the welsh academies and played u20s on the basis they were Irish qualified. The players hadnt been made aware this was not the case. Suppose to go to the IRB not sure how it came along though so Shingler might argue the same case if he played u20s?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:13 am

Sharples has been great this year. Has added to his game. we just have not created as many opportunities and are number of tries is massively down.

we miss nicky robinson in attack massively. dont miss his kicking though

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:13 am

Isn't it because Wales second team is their U20?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:21 am

Interesting french side. France are pretty weak in the second rows its there only area.

Pierre is a good player but the others are just decent locks at about deacon level. Pape always does a job and i am a fan but the others are so so.

Dibaty is a good selection.

How medard ever gets near an international side is beyond me. he is king flaky.

Beauxis is a decent player and not a bad back up ten.

great backrow options. sensible selection of players

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:23 am

Yeah Wales have designated their u20s as their 2nd side but the problem is they didnt communicate this with players so the players didnt know they were tying themselves to Wales. Not sure how the Connacht story went but I know they were fighting this case.

As you can guess Wales are now clearly letting players know when they get called up anyway!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:42 am

Greenwood wants Joseph in ahead of May, Trinder and Lowe as the new 13 with Tuilagi moving to 12.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:18 pm

what do you think your team will be sunday steve?

From who I think are fit for us I would go...

1. Dermody
2. Paice
3. Ion
4. Garvey
5. Kennedy
6. Evans
7. Gibson
8. Grey
9. Allinson
10. Shingler
11. Ojo
12. Hape
13. Armitage
14. Thompstone
15. Homer

16. Corbisiero
17. Buckland
18. Rautenbach
19. Casey
20. Siggery
21. Hodgson
22. Jarvis
23. Spratt

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:29 pm

I expect

1. Al Dickinson
2. Marc Jones
3. Tony Buckley/Vadlim Cobilas
4. Frazer Mckenzie
5. Andrei Ostrikov
6. Kearnan Myall
7. Onasai Auva'a
8. Andy Powell
9. Dwayne Peel
10. Nick Macleod
11. Mark Cueto
12. Sam Tuitupou
13. Jonny Leota
14. Tom Brady
15. Rob Miller

16. Andy Titterell
17. Lee Imiolek
18. Vadlim Cobilas/Tony Buckley
19. James Gaskell
20. David Seymour
21. Cillian Willis
22. Will Addison
23. Joaqain Tucalet

I am not sure where Richie Vernon has been of late but I'd probably swap him for powell in my own side. Still to soon for Hendrie I think.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:30 pm

On paper a close game
lets hope you give away lots of pens for Homer to boot through the posts.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:35 pm

I think we are stronger on paper but home advantage brings it close.

You'll have to be disciplined as well with Macleod as well as his kicking has been very very good. Armitage at 13 I'd be pleased with. I thought you'd go Jarvis, Shingler and hape in the midfield.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

hope not, lack of pace there.
Armitage outside Hape for me is a good midfield.
Jarvis is terrible pretty sure he wont start.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

What Thompstone like at 13? Would really give Ojo and armitage time
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm

I think you would be better off starting big bob with kendo and putting Garvey at 6. Get the experienece of an ex captain in the side.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

stnick88 wrote:good news for steve, bad news for me and pete

danaher, ansbro ruled out for a few weeks.
garvey and hape 50/50 to make the weekends game.

bowden, joseph, tagicakibau, sinclair, yarde, hala'ufia, treviranus all ruled out as well

What team would you play pete?

15. Homer
14. Ojo
13. Armitage
12. Hape/Shingler
11. Thompstone
10. Shingler/Jarvis
9. Allinson

1. Lahiff
2. Paice
3. Corbisiero
4. Garvey/Kennedy
5. Casey
6. Evans
7. Gibson
8. Sisi

16. Buckland 17. Dermody 18. Ion 19. Kennedy/Siggery 20. Gray 21. Hodgson 22. Jarvis/Spratt 23. Watson

The selections after the / are if Garvey or Hape don't make it. It's meant to be dry, so possibly not so much emphasis on scrummaging, so have gone for carriers in the front row and throughout the pack. Sisi is a unit, I'd give him a run. We have to start winning the physical battle at the gainline both in attack and defence. We have lost too many games this season because we've not shown enough physicality and intensity there.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:37 pm

Have got some English availible if people want them.

Flutey, Seymour, Gaskell and Vickers all could go in the right deal.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next