The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

+7
stnick88
SirJohnnyEnglish
dammit_chris
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
11 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Fantasy Aviva Premiership Current League Table

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
Ozzy3213
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Sat May 05, 2012 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by prop_lyd Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Interests on loans?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm not overly happy with the whole loans and interest on loans things as it is open to a bit of abuse really, but it was before I took back over, so wouldn't be right for me to change it now.

Will be putting some rules in place around finances in the summer.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 pm

in my current squad plan I have 2 spaces but that is including everyone who'd I'd consider to be worth keeping.

I havea decent amount of Cash hopefully. Didn't spend that much on Hooper and Sadie and have always got the full predo bonus.

Have 4 main targets, one should be cheap as chips but the others will be a big contest over I'd have thought.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 pm

"I am also interested in a certain tight head and outside half. Its tricky with the 40 limit. I have bakkies palmer williams grey robson so do I need another second row?? Alberts can also play there like he did wc."

You say that but Bakkies, Williams & Palmer have seen their best years. A good 4 to partner Gray would be my priority if I was you Matt. Gray looks mustard tho

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Agree Re Loans. I don't think they should be allowed at all with or without interest.

The biggest earner is predo's with explanations so not hard to get cash and can't be complaints about not having a good enough side to win to get money though wins.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 pm

I'd have said the only area Matt might need to strengthen is TH with White retiring, Mas looking to me to be on the turn and Harden not quite at that level where he isn't a weakness against the best front rows.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Coonie can play 3 well also Steve. Bakkies palmer and Williams have years in them.

White will be missed.

Mas mustard for me. Good 6 wc and decent 6n. Harden struggling recently and that's due to amount of game time. Our back up shocking so wood and harden screwed fatigue wise.

Johnson seems to be coming good for me as well. Murdered Stevens the other day

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Johnston should have read.

I
Might need 15 cover also and taute is a fave of mine although he plays centre recently

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Williams 30 bakkies 31/32 same as mas palmer 33

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Is it 40 in main squad and 20 for academy we're going down to?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Think so prop.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Cool, I can earmark 11 for release and I think 3 are retiring and 1's off to NFL!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Who's NFL-ing?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Hayden Smith
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Hayden smith i read that a few months ago.
Many Have tried it before.

Gavin Hastings was one of them. When rUgby was amateur they took a young lad from berry hill as a kicker that never worked out.

Kevin pietersen tried out for basebaLl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 am

I always thought Williams was older, seems to have been about ages.

Not too sure how long Palmer & Bakkies will go on for at 33ish, Palmer has really slowed down this season in France. A move back to Wasps might sort him out.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:08 am

Think Bakkies is 32 and will go on like thorn. Not sure he will get to 38 like thorn but 35 is very realistic.

Palmer was back to his best against Ireland in the 6 nations. he carried for tons of yards and was everywhere. for me he is still the best england option at 5. He carries the ball and if you have parling and Botha you end up with zero yards.

2nd row is a problem position for England at the minute, personally on recent form i would advocate picking attwood.

IF we pick croft and Wood/ Robshaw then we have not many carriers in the backrow so having carrying options in the second row becomes imperative.

I think we may get shown up in SA this June. the only saving grace is that it will be a neww bok team with a new coach. I am looking at going over for it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:17 am

Would be interesting to Attwood involved, Palmer not good enough on recent form. He's been pretty poor in the T14. Garvey would be tasty alongside Parling

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:54 am

our pack is going to get bullied out of the park against the Boks - you can't have Parling and Botha as the locks - didnt they make 2 yards between them in the Wales game or something?

I'd always want to have Lawes in the team, think his defensive work is staggering and is getting better with his carrying too.

Will be interesting to see how Robshaw goes - thought he was very good this 6Nations, but always thought against the top teams he might fall a bit short as games are a lot more physical.

If we play the same way we did in the 6Nations I think we could lose 3-0 - have to get the backline firing and playing the backthree much, much more.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 am

Won't drop Botha I don't think. He was excellent for us in 6N.

Don't see too many changes for the first test. Might come after that depending on how it goes. We need to batter them in the scrum as I don't think they are strong there and that is our only real advantage upfront.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:05 am

Lawes needs to deserve his recall Chris. Hopefully that's how it goes from now on.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:09 am

I've never liked Botha, he tackles a lot and has a high work rate, but he's never going to take England forward - was very impressed with Parling though.

I dont think there will be any changes to the team for the first test and we could get found out in a few areas.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:10 am

Lawes wont be fit for the tour I dont think.

Sounds like Lancaster is taking a big old squad, with view to make it into a similar feel to the Lions tour - think the RFU has appraoched Brian Ashton to coach a midweek team!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 am

4 locks then......who do you take?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:25 am

It will be Parling, Botha, Palmer and Attwood I think if Lawes is injured - but reckon they are taking a bigger squad this Summer, so might be more than 4.

The Saxons could have a great squad this summer - Launchbury and Garvey in the engine room? By 2015, locks could well be Lawes, Launchbury, Garvey and Attwood - not a bad selection there!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 am

Players who deserve to go are Botha, Parling, Garvey and Palmer.

Expect Deacon and Lawes will go if fit. Attwood doesn't deserve to go.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 am

If players have to deserve a spot why is Palmer in there? One good game this 6 nations and just not having a good year at all out in France.
I'd take Garvey, Lawes, Parling and Attwood think they are the guys who will benefit England long run. Would love to see Lawes/Garvey start together if we go with a Croft/Wood axis in the backrow.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 am

Although Botha may deserve to go on form, dont see the sense in picking him. Thought Robson outplayed him at Twickenham on weekend.

Need to keep looking to the future, so for me Garvey, Attwood, Parling, Lawes.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:39 am

Palmer played well when he was given the chance. That's more than others have done.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:41 am

Palmer's an odd one, he's either top, top class or seems to disappear from games. When he's good he's definitely up there for me as one of the best in Europe.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:43 am

I'd go Botha, Parling, Garvey, Attwood(or Lawes). That's a mixture of form & Garvey there to be brought on.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:51 am

Would anyone recall Nick Easter to the squad, the pack could probably do with a bit more muscle in it against the Boks - not starting him, as Ben Morgan is far our best no8, but just to have him in the squad setup.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:52 am

Don't see any logic in taking Palmer. He's nearly 34 and we have better locks. Botha has played out of his skin and deserves to tour.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:52 am

I'd rather him than flippin Dowson thats for sure.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:56 am

Tend to agree there Nick! We don't seem to be having any good number 8s coming through at the moment, though do have to say Billy Vunipola has been impressing me more at Wasps recently - actually Launchbury, Jones and Vunipola have all impressed me!

Really don't think Botha is good enough at this level

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:57 am

Dowson bashing now peoples favourite sport I see. Pretty harsh to be honest, guy is a good player played out of position.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:01 am

Dowson is a good player, think he'll tour as 8 cover.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:03 am

Just waiting for Matt now....

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:07 am

The stick he gets is ridiculous. He isn't a number 8 and it appears people were expecting a reincarnation of Lawrence Dallaglio.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 am

Dowson isnt a number 8, he's always done well at Saints as a 6 - would imagine he's also played a big role in developing the leadership of the group etc.

Personally don't see him as an international class player, will be a good sign of how good Lancaster is if he keeps players like Dowson and Botha or whether he picks some promising youngsters instead - like Gatland has done for Wales.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:13 am

Botha was one of our best forwards in the 6N and has been nominated for ERC player of the year! How is he not deserving his place in beyond me.

Should probably drop Morgan as well as he did quite well.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:20 am

Botha tackles and has a high work rate - there are lots of locks that do that in the AP, sorry but I dont see him as anything special at all - dont like to see England locks getting knocked back in the tackle time and time again.

Not saying he didnt have a good 6Nations, but for me he will never be a top international player and I would rather Lancaster starts looking at players who will be.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:42 am

Botha's work rate is great, tackles alot and does some good unseen work, but carries poorly.
For me, Garvey has a higher work rate, tackles more, carries more.
Not sure the same can be said about Attwood I dont see enough of him to comment.
Also Botha is 31 odd? probably wont play at next WC.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:44 am

Loving Steve lately, he's turning into Mr Angry!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:49 am

Maybe he'd work better if he didnt play with Parling.

Sometimes I have too high expectations of England, which clouds my judgment a little (lot), but with the resources, player base etc we have we should be top2 team easily.

Think the youth development is now starting to bring some real talents through and would rather we look at how we can integrate players like LAunchbury, Garvey into the full England set up as they are fantastic players and are definitely the future for us.

Wales play these guys straight away, I know its because they have fewer players available, but its helped them no end!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:52 am

I've only seen Launchbury play live once, but he was brilliant. reckon he will be in contention before too long.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:28 am

A lot of people I know at Wasps are saying that they expect him to be the next big thing - he features in so much of their marketing and its not a coincidence that our pack is playing so much better now he's back from injury.

Wasps are starting to produce some very good youngsters again - our production wagon went a bit quiet for a few years, but Launchbury, Wade, Daly are all definite ENgland players!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:40 am

Wade isnt definite.
Neither is Daly with Tuilagi and Joseph playing same postion and people like May who can also play there.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next