The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606V2 Pro Bowl Ballot

3 posters

Go down

606V2 Pro Bowl Ballot Empty 606V2 Pro Bowl Ballot

Post by twelve283 Tue 27 Dec 2011, 6:52 pm

Merry Christmas all. Very Happy Seeing as the Pro Bowl rosters will be announced soon I thought it might be interesting to do our own vote. This is your chance to make a case for any deserving players on your team who might get overlooked. Here are my votes for the AFC:

OFFENSE
QB: Tom Brady (Patriots), Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers), Andy Dalton (Bengals)
HM: Matt Schaub (Texans)
Schaub would have been in before Dalton if he wasn't injured.

RB: Ray Rice (Ravens), Arian Foster (Texans), Maurice Jones-Drew (Jaguars)
HM: Fred Jackson (Bills)
Felt that Jackson deserved a mention for his work before his injury.

FB: Vonta Leach (Ravens)

WR: Wes Welker (Patriots), Mike Wallace (Steelers), AJ Green (Bengals), Vincent Jackson (Chargers)
HM: Brandon Marshall (Dolphins)

TE: Rob Gronkowski (Patriots), Antonio Gates (Chargers)

OT: Joe Thomas (Browns), Andrew Whitworth (Bengals), Michael Roos (Titans)

OG: Brian Waters (Patriots), Marshal Yanda (Ravens), Andy Levitre (Bills)

OC: Nick Mangold (Jets), Chris Myers (Texans)

DEFENSE
DT: Haloti Ngata (Ravens), Geno Atkins (Bengals), Richard Seymour (Raiders)
HM: Sione Pouha (Jets)
Pouha has been excellent in run defense, however I felt Atkins and Seymour offered more overall this season.

DE: JJ Watt (Texans), Andre Carter (Patriots), Brett Keisel (Steelers)
HM: Elvis Dumervil (Broncos)
Carter deserved his place prior to injury and Dumervil gets the nod in his place.

OLB: Terrell Suggs (Ravens), Von Miller (Broncos), Tamba Hali (Chiefs)
HM: Cameron Wake (Dolphins), Daryl Smith (Jaguars)
Suggs and Miller are no brainers for me and Wake just missed out to Hali. Felt Smith deserved a mention as well.

MLB: Brian Cushing (Texans), D’Qwell Jackson (Browns)
HM: Derrick Johnson (Chiefs), Paul Pozluszny (Jaguars)
Really, really tough to leave out Johnson but Cushing and Jackson have been ballin this year. Pozluszny deserved a mention as well as part of a very good Jacksonville LB unit.

CB: Darrelle Revis (Jets), Jonathan Joseph (Texans), Brandon Flowers (Chiefs)
HM: Lardarius Webb (Ravens)
Flowers just pips Webb as, although he's given up some plays, I think he's played better overall.

S: Eric Weddle (Chargers), George Wilson (Bills), Ed Reed (Ravens)

PK: Sebastian Janikowski (Raiders)

P: Shane Lechler (Raiders)
HM: Brandon Fields (Dolphins)

KR: Antonio Brown (Steelers)

ST: Matthew Slater (Patriots)
Not really sure about ST aces on other teams but I know Slater has been very good this year.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

606V2 Pro Bowl Ballot Empty Re: 606V2 Pro Bowl Ballot

Post by cherriesfna Tue 27 Dec 2011, 11:03 pm

tweleve
is this an official pro bowlballot which will be counted up just or opinions?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 28 Dec 2011, 3:02 pm

cherriesfan wrote:tweleve
is this an official pro bowlballot which will be counted up just or opinions?
Both. If enough people participated then I could tally up the results, but I was interested in peoples opinions regarding who they felt deserved to go and who didn't.

Here are the official 2012 Pro Bowl rosters: http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34065932

On the whole I think the AFC team is a pretty good reflection of who deserved to go this year. Personally I don't believe Rivers, Long, Pouncey or Mankins deserved to go on the offense but you could probably make an argument for them. I lol at Ferguson making the team, too funny. Pleased that Slater's work on ST has been recognised.

On the defensive side the Freeney selection is purely on name recognition IMO, sure he's been OK but there are much more deserving guys IMO. Wilfork is debatebale, personally I don't think he deserves it this year. Really happy for Johnson but there are at least 3 other guys who should have gone before Lewis. Thats just name recognition again IMO. Don't agree with the Bailey or Polamalu selections either.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 28 Dec 2011, 3:33 pm

Yeah the Freeney selection really stood out to me, I read that he has 7.5 sacks and 12 tackles on the year. That is not the stats of a top tier DE, I think he is ranked 28th in sacks in the league.

One thing I noticed was the difference in QB strength between the 2 conferences.

NFC - Rodgers, Brees, Eli, Romo, Stafford, Ryan, Vick, Newton
AFC - Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Peyton (when fit), Schaub, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Flacco

Those are (arguably) the top 8 QBs in each conference at the moment, and the NFC is streets ahead for me. The NFC QBs above are all capable of winning a Super Bowl in my book, where as for the AFC I would say only the first 4 I listed are of the same calibre

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down