The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Referees

3 posters

Go down

Referees Empty Referees

Post by jaymufc01 Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:07 am

I don't know where to put this thread so just might as well put it here

I have watched a few games recently and some of the referees decisions during a game has been utterly ridiculous

I am a United supporter but I do believe in a fair game win or lose, the elbow incident by Rooney on James McCarthey or even the game against Chelsea where Luiz wasn't sent off and now recently the arsenal and bacelona game where van persie was sent of I know the ref booked him according to the letter of the law, but the guy only took 2steps before taking what i considered a genuine shot at goal, hardly what you could call time-wasting.

And there's many more as I'm sure you all have witnessed. How many games will be spoilt because of bad/poor decisions by referees? They have really spoilt a good sport

What are you're thoughts on this?

jaymufc01

Back to top Go down

Referees Empty Re: Referees

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 am

Last night's second yellow for Van Persie was a joke. There was 1 SECOND from the time the ref blew the whistle to the time Van Perise took a shot. It's a joke decision, although Van Persie's 1st yellow was stupid on his part.

It just seems that there's a dodgy refereeing decision in almost every game now, and when a referee does something right it's almost a surprise, you can hear it in the pundits' voices: "Oh he did well there" or "The ref's had a good game eh?" Why shouldn't they have a good game? It's what they're paid to do for crying out loud!

I get that everyone can have an off day, or miss an incident because it happened so quickly, but even some simple decisions are being called wrongly.

They also need to do away with the 'If the referee saw it, it can't be punished retroactively' rule. Take the Liverpool-Manchester United game on Sunday. Jamie Carragher and Rafael should both have been sent off for their tackles on Nani & Lucas, but the fact that the referee saw the incident and only gave them each a yellow card means that no further action can be taken against the players. So despite the fact that the referee got the decision wrong, the players get away with it because UEFA/FIFA don't want to make the referee look bad by admitting later that one of their officials was wrong.

Oh and I think you probably could have put this in the Football thread jaymufc01, there's a general Football thread below all the different competition threads thumbsup

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:36 pm

I agree the booking resulting in the sending off was a joke, but he knew he was offside and by letter of law kicked the ball away (stupid on rvp's part when on a booking wether or not the yellow card was deserved).

2 reasons i think this

1. No one else before or after the issue has had any problems hearing the whistle, just conveniently on that one decision was it an issue

2. it was not a genuine shot, A RVP trying to score does not shoot with his right foot like that. He cuts back and curls it with left.

So to blame the ref for following his directives is unfair. The ref gets marked down and punished for not follwing these instructions.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down