The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Remember......................

+2
legendkillar
ncfc_Tooze
6 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Remember...................... Empty Does Anyone Remember......................

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:08 am

Essa Rios

(after the success of last weeks in terms of posts and a comeback, lets see how this one goes)

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Remember...................... Empty Re: Does Anyone Remember......................

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:11 am

Ah yes. Only for Lita. Came through when Lightweight division was serious in the WWE given that you had the Hardy's and Malenko in the ranks and dare I say it Crash Molly and Spike Dudley. The joys!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Remember...................... Empty Re: Does Anyone Remember......................

Post by TwisT Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:11 am

Best thing about Essa Rios was his somersault armdrag off the ropes and introducing us to Lita.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

No, but I do remember Kai en Tai OK

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:18 am

I remember Kaientai and that sketch with Val Venus and the samurai sword!! Legend cheese!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

I more remember them for the 'We are evil - INDEED' line

Oh and the Taka face plant at the Royal (2000?)

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

The face plant was a gem. He took it well!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

And the ever so caring WWF replayed about 10 times.

Good times

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

I remember Essa Rios well. I used to love the old Light Heavyweight division, back when Taka Michinokou was credible. I wish they would bring that back sometimes. Those two had some great matches together (wasn't one at Wrestlemania?)

And as mentioned above, who can forget the guy who bought us the lovely Lita.

He was a young lad if I recall. But with a wise head on his shoulders. If anything he fizzled out too soon like a cheap catherine wheel. But boy could he flip. He was always flipping. And the thing he flipped most was that old adage "mutton dressed as lamb". Because he was lamb dressed as lamb - on a night out, with a beautiful woman. In some ways a career spent as an eternal lamb is better than becoming mutton disgracefully. I'm sure he hasn't got the cash to flash like someone like Triple H but he was youthful, his gimmick was youthful and my memories of him remain youthful. He was exuberant.

If you nail this one on the head Tooze - you can just pass the mint sauce down the table.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 18 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

He was a very good wrestler. I always liked him and he was the reason i used to watch back then wwe superstars.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down