The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What punishment would you give Suarez/Terry/Evra for their crimes if found guilty

+19
JDandfries
TopHat24/7
Y2James
Josiah Maiestas
Kenny
beshocked
Kay Fabe
FIFA Diva
ADMIN
Atila
Davie
trottb
jro786
Soldier_Of_Fortune
liverbnz
Adam D
steveo1986
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Fernando
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What punishment would you give Suarez/Terry/Evra for their crimes if found guilty  Empty What punishment would you give Suarez/Terry/Evra for their crimes if found guilty

Post by Fernando Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:04 am

With both players being in the papers and investigated by police and FA, I was wondering if both were found guilty of racism or in Evra's case making potentially false claims how would you deal with them?

Personally id ban them both for the rest of the season and strip terry of the captaincy of England and see if can get uefa to extend the ban into International competitions

Last edited by fernando on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

What punishment would you give Suarez/Terry/Evra for their crimes if found guilty  Empty Re: What punishment would you give Suarez/Terry/Evra for their crimes if found guilty

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 am

I'd let Wayne Bridge black-up and have a go on Terry's wife, whilst I'd parachute Luiz Suarez into the centre of Accra, making him wear a big foam hand that says "Winner".

Back to top Go down

What punishment would you give Suarez/Terry/Evra for their crimes if found guilty  Empty Re: What punishment would you give Suarez/Terry/Evra for their crimes if found guilty

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 am

Though they'll probably just get fined two weeks wages

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo1986 Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:20 am

It should defienetly be long bans, 15 to 20 games or something and of course strip Terry of the captaincy, the bloke is a disgrace anyway

steveo1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 am

Electric Demon wrote:I'd let Wayne Bridge black-up and have a go on Terry's wife,

clap Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:51 am

I would make John Terry King of England and have every Landhan journo write a full paper salivating over King Captain John the Lionheart Terry of the Brave.

As for Suarez, I would have every media outlet in the UK run with the story "Dirty Foreigner is a racist c**t".

I would also ignore the fact the John Terry seems to have been caught on camera, whilst Suarez racist comments (x10), which were not picked up by 26+ TV cameras, 45,000 speactators, 21 others on the field of play and whoever else was there, were only picked up by one person - this one person who decided not to bring to it to the ref's attention at the time and had a chip on his shoulder for the entire game. This one person who will know fine rightly that if it is not proven, the accused will still be labelled with the racist tag regardless.

Edit: As for punishments - and I am not sure why Evra hasn't been included in this as I see his alleged crime as the worst of the three. If found guilty, hefty bans and fines for Suarez and Terry. There has to be a precedent set with this, if this 'kick racism out of football' has any creedence to it whatsoever - else it will be written of as lip service. And for Evra, if found he is lying, I would personally ban him from playing for the rest of his career. This is a serious accusation, one that if unfounded is a clear attempt at derailing the career of Luis Suarez. Punishment too heavy? Don't care. Evra has previous (WC2010 for one example) and this could easily have a knock on effect on many things, not least the ability of the PL to attract the best foreign players.

Last edited by liverbnz on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Evra should get banned for making false accusations

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:06 pm

liverbnz wrote:I would make John Terry King of England and have every Landhan journo write a full paper salivating over King Captain John the Lionheart Terry of the Brave.

As for Suarez, I would have every media outlet in the UK run with the story "Dirty Foreigner is a racist c**t".

I would also ignore the fact the John Terry seems to have been caught on camera, whilst Suarez racist comments (x10), which were not picked up by 26+ TV cameras, 45,000 speactators, 21 others on the field of play and whoever else was there, were only picked up by one person - this one person who decided not to bring to it to the ref's attention at the time and had a chip on his shoulder for the entire game. This one person who will know fine rightly that if it is not proven, the accused will still be labelled with the racist tag regardless.

Edit: As for punishments - and I am not sure why Evra hasn't been included in this as I see his alleged crime as the worst of the three. If found guilty, hefty bans and fines for Suarez and Terry. There has to be a precedent set with this, if this 'kick racism out of football' has any creedence to it whatsoever - else it will be written of as lip service. And for Evra, if found he is lying, I would personally ban him from playing for the rest of his career. This is a serious accusation, one that if unfounded is a clear attempt at derailing the career of Luis Suarez. Punishment too heavy? Don't care. Evra has previous (WC2010 for one example) and this could easily have a knock on effect on many things, not least the ability of the PL to attract the best foreign players.
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

best post of the day OK OK OK OK thumbsup
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Evra should get banned for making false accusations

Has it been proved that's it false? No it hasn't

Your going to look very silly if Suarez gets found guilty of it

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:13 pm

fernando wrote:

Has it been proved that's it false?

fernando

nothing has been proved but he should be away from any forms of football if accusation turns to be false
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm

jro786 wrote:
fernando wrote:

fernando

nothing has been proved but he should be away from any forms of football if accusation turns to be false

If evra is lieing then yes ban him but i don't think SOF means that OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 pm

fernando wrote:

No, but neither have Terry's or Suarez's, but you seen fit to exclude Evra from your thread title. Also your thread title is very ambiguous. Personally, if I wanted to avoid any libel claims, I would add 'if they are found guilty'

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 pm

I agree that if found guilty they should get season long bans although I wouldn't be surprised if they did just get the fines. As for Evra if it is found that he has been making false accusations then he should be banned for the rest of his career. The problem I see with Evra is proving he is lying, all indications are that he is otherwise why would you not have brought it to the refs attention, they can't make him take a lie detector can they.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 pm

liverbnz wrote:
fernando wrote:

No, but neither have Terry's or Suarez's, but you seen fit to exclude Evra from your thread title. Also your thread title is very ambiguous. Personally, if I wanted to avoid any libel claims, I would add 'if they are found guilty'

Done thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:19 pm

trottb wrote:I agree that if found guilty they should get season long bans although I wouldn't be surprised if they did just get the fines. As for Evra if it is found that he has been making false accusations then he should be banned for the rest of his career. The problem I see with Evra is proving he is lying, all indications are that he is otherwise why would you not have brought it to the refs attention, they can't make him take a lie detector can they.

if they give him a lie detecting test, he'll probably try to cheat it or get beaten

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:23 pm

trottb wrote:I agree that if found guilty they should get season long bans although I wouldn't be surprised if they did just get the fines. As for Evra if it is found that he has been making false accusations then he should be banned for the rest of his career. The problem I see with Evra is proving he is lying, all indications are that he is otherwise why would you not have brought it to the refs attention, they can't make him take a lie detector can they.

..this is where Jeremy Kyle comes in...the audience await the results..and John Terry finds out he's really an adopted unwanted love child from Thailand...

That failing season long bans.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:25 pm

FreekShow wrote:

..this is where Jeremy Kyle comes in...the audience await the results..and John Terry finds out he's really an adopted unwanted love child from Thailand...

that will be the last thing they do, get founded out on national tv in front of jeremy kyle Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:26 pm

fernando wrote:
liverbnz wrote:
fernando wrote:

Done thumbsup

Cheers :thumbsup

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm not sure if the police have got/will get involved in the Suarez/Evra case but they are certainly getting involved with the Terry case

If found guilty (by the police rather than just by football authorities) then I'd suggest that the punishment should be as laid down by the law of the land rather than any football-imposed penalties which will almost certainly be lesser anyway

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:26 pm

jro786 wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

that will be the last thing they do, get founded out on national tv in front of jeremy kyle Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

I can only dream!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:28 pm

It's going to be hard to prove Evra is lying, so I don't see him getting a ban.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Atila wrote:It's going to be hard to prove Evra is lying, so I don't see him getting a ban.

It won't. Just get him to talk.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:31 pm

This is exactly why it should not have been made public. If it is left unproven, the mud will stick with Suarez, although my inclination is that was the plan along, given who it was that made sure it was public knowledge.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:35 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Atila wrote:It's going to be hard to prove Evra is lying, so I don't see him getting a ban.

Just get him to talk where, you mean a interview on TV? An interview where the interviewer will try to trick Evra into making a mistake?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Davie wrote:I'm not sure if the police have got/will get involved in the Suarez/Evra case but they are certainly getting involved with the Terry case

If found guilty (by the police rather than just by football authorities) then I'd suggest that the punishment should be as laid down by the law of the land rather than any football-imposed penalties which will almost certainly be lesser anyway

Definitely agree with that mate, the main difference between Terry and Suarez for me is that it is clear as day what he said and he should be punished for that alone regardless of the context.

I do find Anton Ferdinands input into all of this a bit strange though, 1 minute he knows nothing everything is fine, then he is thanking everyone for their support, then he has very strong feelings about it. Seems a bit odd to me don't know if anyone else agrees?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Atila wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

Just get him to talk where, you mean a interview on TV? An interview where the interviewer will try to trick Evra into making a mistake?

No, I was saying that whenever Evra talks or has anything to say it's usually rubbish!

For what it's worth I can see the Suarez/Evra case being whitewashed. It's the Terry one that seems to gathering pace.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Ah, but Martin Samuel said that racism is subtle and discreet therefore Terry couldn't be a racist as he shouted his remarks in front of the whole world.

BTW, this is a journalist who compared (favourabley) Lampard scoring a penalty in a CL QF days after his mother passed away to soldier continuing in war when they suffer a loved one dying at home.

He is also a fat Poopie. Little less of those crossiants on the Sunday Supplement eh Mr Samuel!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Did he really say that? What an idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:28 pm

fernando wrote:

Would have well heard a rumour or have seen some YouTube vid as evidence by now. Evra should be punished if no evidence is found. Fergie and his mind games again trying to unsettle our star man

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:27 pm

if they give him a lie detecting test, he'll probably try to cheat it or get beaten

If they attempt to give Suarez a lie detector test he'd either fall over the wire on the way in or bite the tester Whistle

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:06 am

Hero wrote:

If they attempt to give Suarez a lie detector test he'd either fall over the wire on the way in or bite the tester Whistle

as a liverpool fan i am that statement made me chuckle

OK
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:08 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
fernando wrote:

Would have well heard a rumour or have seen some YouTube vid as evidence by now. Evra should be punished if no evidence is found. Fergie and his mind games again trying to unsettle our star man

this is what their up to when they're getting scared, it comes to a surprise that evra did not accuse any of man city players after the drubbing that they got
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:27 am

Some of the Liverpool fans on here are biased, Suarez should get a ban and fine wheras Evra should get banned for life. Why?

Both should be banned for life if they are lying or racist.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:30 am

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Some of the Liverpool fans on here are biased, Suarez should get a ban and fine wheras Evra should get banned for life. Why?

Both should be banned for life if they are lying or racist.

evra has previous that's why, by the way i was there but did not hear a thing all i was doing was watching the game
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:34 am

An I already explained that in a previous topic if you look around.

The one with Chelsea was not proved wrong or right, Evra got a 4 match ban for fighting not lying.

An Suarez is hardly a saint, biting an oppenent. I am looking at it through a none biased way and if either is found lying should be banned from playing Football forever. Simples. It's sickening that rival fans want other players banned forever for racism wheras thier own they just want them to get a little fine and a small ban. It's not about racism for some fans just to get one over thier rivals. Childish behaviour.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:48 am

I don't think racism warrants a lifetime ban to be honest, especially when there are those who get minimal bans for trying to punch someone's head off.

If Evra is lying, then it can only be an orchrestrated attempt at derailing the career of Luis Suarez. It wasn't an off the cuff remark - this is something that has been concocted after the match. That's what I would call 'sickening'. It's irrelevant what teams they play for, but Evra's and Suarez's alledged crimes are not the same and should therefore be treated differently.

Suarez's biting an opponent also has nothing to do with this issue so no need to bring it up.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:04 pm

They should be given commu ity orders to train under privliaged kids of any race around 6-8 hours a week for the remainde of their contracts, it might help them realise why the wanted to be footballers in the first place

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:39 am

How about sticking them in stocks? They could be pelted with tomatoes. 5 tomatoes for a £1 with all money generated going to a football related charity.

Alternative punishment could be dunking them in the Thames on a ducking stool.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Circumcised by Stevie Wonder with a spoon Whistle
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:14 am

Anton and Rio Ferdinand should also be added, they appear to be sure JT's already said it without evidence!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:26 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Anton and Rio Ferdinand should also be added, they appear to be sure JT's already said it without evidence!

Surely the fact that it was caught on camera is evidence enough. There is no question of weather he said it, just the context. All Anton and Rio have done is not talked to him, Anton made no claim to have heard it but asked for the claim to be investigated in light of the evidence put to him and the fact that the events described by JT having a conversation with him on the pitch appear to be utter fabrication. Rio especially has stayed away from the matter until it is resolved so how should they be added to the list.

If he is guilty he should be banned for 6 months and stripped of the England captaincy. If my boss slept with another colleagues missuis and was demoted giving him 1 strike then worked his ass off (as JT did) to warrant getting back to his position and then was proved to be a racist I would expect him to be fired on the spot and never work for the company again. I expect that he will be found not guilty as usual, to be honest if he was a racist or even made occasional off the cuff remarks I wouldnt have expected Cashley and Drogba to be so quick to stand up for him as they have done.

Not sure about Suarez /Evra ads there is no proof of either story I think this one will be swept away.

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 am

Season bans for anyone found guilty of racism or guilty of falsely accusing someone of racism. I would note that both of these are likely to be difficult, if not impossible, to prove.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Suarez charged.

On the same afternoon that Blatter denies racism in football and tells black players to get on with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Churchill wrote:Suarez charged.

On the same afternoon that Blatter denies racism in football and tells black players to get on with it.

Blatter is a raving idiot and i wonder how he's in charge of UEFA.

Just because Suarez has been charged doesn't mean he's guilty yet but he does have a case to answer, Expect the media to hype this up more then usual claim he's racist then Suarez will probs get cleared and the media have to backtrack as usual.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Seems the FA believe Suarez has a case to answer and therefor I presume they have some sort of evidence, obviously I expect same with Terry.

So there are two outcomes, guilty or not.

If Terry and/or Suarez are found guilty, they should receive a similar ban to what Rio Ferdinand did a few years back (8 months I recall) - this is the straight forward outcome!

If not guilty then it can be cos of numerous reasons, allegations proven to be false, not enough evidence.

If proven to be false then in Evra's case he gets a ban ala Ferdinand!

Either way, if proven, the guilty party needs making an example of if the FA are serious about kicking out racism - but then again they were serious about the respect campaign etc aswell!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:01 am

If found guilty they should be put in a room together with Ferdinand / Evra, and should not be allowed to leave until they shake hands!!

Rolling Eyes

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:32 pm

The FA will have to be careful as if the accused players are found guilty whatever punishment they receive will set a precedent in this country or possibly the world. Has a football player even been found guilty of racism anywhere before?

In any case footballers will now be very nervous about what they say to each other, even players within their own team.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennys_Heroes Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:43 pm

"Negrito" is a term of endearment and the fond nickname of several S American pro footballers & World Cup winners. Evra should feel proud & complimented. Unless he has no understanding of Spanish or S. American culture. Which is possible. But then he shouldn't jump to conclusions just because Suarez has been skinning him all match.

Also, the English villagers should come to terms with the fact that their interpretation of "Racism" is not the same as it is in 100s of other countries around the world. And it isn't a UK-registered trademark. Perhaps a global standard definition might help.

(I fully believe the "misunderstanding" fudge will win the day. But how come Suarez has been charged and the England Captain hasn't yet, when the "crime" was more obvious and on record? Surely not because he's a pillar of English rectitude, not like that Uruguayan Latino diver bloke?)
Kennys_Heroes
Kennys_Heroes

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:04 am

I don't think you can ever claim that Suarez was complimenting Evra, and this is coming from a Liverpool fan.

The John Terry incident came after the Suarez incident so is presuambly still being investigated...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:10 am

Kennys_Heroes wrote:"Negrito" is a term of endearment and the fond nickname of several S American pro footballers & World Cup winners. Evra should feel proud & complimented. Unless he has no understanding of Spanish or S. American culture. Which is possible. But then he shouldn't jump to conclusions just because Suarez has been skinning him all match.

Also, the English villagers should come to terms with the fact that their interpretation of "Racism" is not the same as it is in 100s of other countries around the world. And it isn't a UK-registered trademark. Perhaps a global standard definition might help.

(I fully believe the "misunderstanding" fudge will win the day. But how come Suarez has been charged and the England Captain hasn't yet, when the "crime" was more obvious and on record? Surely not because he's a pillar of English rectitude, not like that Uruguayan Latino diver bloke?)

The term Negrito means 'little black man' and whilst it can in some countries including Uruguay can be seen as a term of endearment has also been shown to be used as less complimentary. A Honduras foriegn minister had to resign when he used the term to describe Barack Obama.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next