The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

+54
TRUSSMAN66
Celtic Warrior
Sir. badgerhands
dancingweeman
HitmanOwl
Grizzly
Kay Fabe
hodge
azania
d260005p
Mat
TechInept
amritia3ee
monzon
Ent
johnson2
compelling and rich
Josiah Maiestas
trottb
Gregers
beninho
Beer
dyrewolfe
hampo17
liverbnz
HERSH
LivinginItaly
Diggers
Ayrshirebhoy
slyadams
Fernando
spencerclarke
Irish Curry
braveheart101
FIFA Diva
ReallyReal
President Trump
marty2086
theundisputedY2D2
jro786
Soldier_Of_Fortune
dondelero
Davie
steveo1986
Atila
The Special Juan
ADMIN
Kenny
dublfcynwa
John Cregan
User Name
Crimey
JDandfries
AberdeenSteve
58 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA Empty Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:09 am

The Football Association says it will investigate claims from Manchester United defender Patrice Evra that he was racially abused by Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.

Evra says the incident occurred in Saturday's 1-1 draw between the teams.

A Liverpool spokesman said Suarez "categorically denied" the allegation.

An FA statement read: "Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and has reported this to the FA."

It added: "The FA will now begin making enquiries into the matter."

Evra was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see him [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

Source: BBC Sport Football

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by JDandfries Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:21 am

Can't say it would surprise me, despite his obvious talents, he has proven to a nasty little guy, and a cheat to boot!

Previous transgressions include biting an opponent, so I suppose anything is possible!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Crimey Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:42 pm

I hope not.

He's an excellent player, and I think a part of that does come with his irritation to opposition players, but racism would be unacceptable and if these claims come true, despite his clear talent I would strongly consider dropping him.

He has denied it though, I really do hope these claims are proven wrong as it would ruin Suarez for me.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:21 pm

And all these years i thought it was only whites who were racists.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:23 pm

I've been a Man U fan for years, but Evra is a horrible guy and i hope this sort of allegation is typical of him.............................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Innocent until proven guilty. Evra has made false accusation's about racism 3 time's in the past so I would'nt be suprised if he's telling porkies again. Evra said Suarez said it ten time's so it should be pretty easy to pick up on the tv camera's if he said it ten time's.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:36 pm

If this is proven to be a false allegation, i believe Evra should be banned for a long time........................he's a disgrace to the shirt and his behaviour during yesterdays game was awful to watch - feigning injury and lack of respect for the referee and opponents.........................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:45 pm

If it's proven then Suarez should be banned , but if it's proven that Evra is lieing then the he should be banned and forced to apologise. False accusations of racism make things even harder for the authorities to wipe racism out of the game .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:51 pm

John Cregan wrote:If this is proven to be a false allegation, i believe Evra should be banned for a long time........................he's a disgrace to the shirt and his behaviour during yesterdays game was awful to watch - feigning injury and lack of respect for the referee and opponents.........................

Sadly John he's not the only one, there are a lot of player's like that in the prem league theese day's I would say almost every team has one.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Evra does have previous in making false claims so I how for his sake he has proof.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Making a false claim is just as bad, and I'm not sure which one would be the most disappoointing to be found true!

Suarez may not be a racist but he is definately a cheat!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm with John on this. Also a fellow United fan but I have no reason to believe what Evra has claimed. I would hope that when, not if this is thrown out that Evra has lied he receives a ban of some kind. Its an absolutely disgusting claim to make of someone and has no place in the game

The fact that racism is in the game off the pitch is bad enough, we don't even want any hints of it on the pitch. It needs to stop before it begins and set a precadent (spelling?) early

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Well Suarez has said on Twitter that he is upset by these claims, when I first heard about it I expected the worst as I didn't know about Evra's previous false claims.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:34 pm

When were Evra's previous claims?

I take back what I said here. Suarez is a bad professional, but what I said was terrible. Sorry!!

Last edited by TSC on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:57 pm

TSC wrote:When were Evra's previous claims?

Suarez is a nasty piece of work regardless and I certainly hope he suffers a double leg break. Where's Roy Keane when you need him?

I understand you are trying to provoke a response here.................

Last edited by John Cregan on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sorry for playing the man, not the ball!!)

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Don't let things get out of hand. John, attack the point not the person. Thanks.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 pm

There is a line that shouldn't be crossed and hoping that a player gets a double leg break is well over it............................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Ah the angelic Patrice Evra. The guy who tore the French world cup squad apart last summer. The guy who offered Ireland a rematch of the infamous second leg play off on his PlayStation and now apparently the boy who cried wolf.

I wouldn't believe a word he says to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:29 pm

How are they going to prove this? In a 90 minute game were people are running up and down the pitch the cameras can't pick up everything. Likewise, how can they prove Evra is lying?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 pm

The likely outcome here is that nothing will be proven............whateever the outcome i hope the truth comes out........................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo1986 Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:21 am

I hope the truth comes out and whoever is found to be lying recieves a hefty ban from the FA. I dont care if Suarez is guilty and gets a 15 game ban or if Evra is guilty of lying give him a 15 game ban. This is coming from a man utd fan. If he has been racially abused then he has every right to be upset and angry at Suarez, on the flip side Evra is quite low if he is making this stuff up.

steveo1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 am

Yeah I just heard on the radio on the way to work that Liverpool are backing Suarez and are calling for Evra to be banned if the accusations are unfounded.

I'm neither a Liverpool or ManU fan - didn't see the incident and have no opinions either way on whether it really happened or not - but Evra would deserve a ban if Suarez is found innocent

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 am

That is hardly a shock Davie, they can only back him.

Either way, someone shouldbe getting a hefty ban here, as there must be enough cameras to pick up whether Suarez has a case to answer or not and while they are looking at it, they could count the number of times he threw himself to the floor like a girl!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 am

Evra along with other black players just need to get on with playing their football and ingnore the racism that they WILL receive from fans and players alike. Suarez is a nasty piece of work, this is a player who goes as far as biting opponents, so a little racism is nothing for him. However some black football players think that they will be exempt from racism because they play football and go over the top when it happens. Some football players actually can't accept that other football players do have racist views, its just that the rules stop them from expressing their views. Just because people play football it doesn't mean it changes who they really are.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:49 am

dondelero wrote:Evra along with other black players just need to get on with playing their football and ingnore the racism that they WILL receive from fans and players alike. Suarez is a nasty piece of work, this is a player who goes as far as biting opponents, so a little racism is nothing for him. However some black football players think that they will be exempt from racism because they play football and go over the top when it happens. Some football players actually can't accept that other football players do have racist views, its just that the rules stop them from expressing their views. Just because people play football it doesn't mean it changes who they really are.

Yeah, I am waiting with baited breath for the biggest player of the race card of all time, Ian Wright, to have his say on things, and as usual only make the matters worse!

Havent read The Sun (obviously I don't intend to) but I think he writes in there, so no doubt he has a two page spread on how he suffered when he played etc etc

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:59 am

JDandfries wrote:That is hardly a shock Davie, they can only back him.

Yeah - understand that JD. Point I was trying to make is that SOMEONE should be accountable (either Suarez or Evra depending on the findings)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am

Here we go again with Evra. First it was Steve Finnan, then that Chelsea grounds man and now Suarez. He seems to have a habit of playing the race card. If the FA investigate and find no evidence, Evra should receive a hefty ban for bring the game into disrepute!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:06 am

Davie wrote:
JDandfries wrote:That is hardly a shock Davie, they can only back him.

Yeah - understand that JD. Point I was trying to make is that SOMEONE should be accountable (either Suarez or Evra depending on the findings)

I agree, totally, but like you I hope someone gets found out here and is severly punished, not bothered who, but equally you cant go around hurling racist abuse about, and you can't cry wolf either, both equally as bad in my book - just hope it is sorted one way or the other

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:17 am

John Cregan wrote:I've been a Man U fan for years, but Evra is a horrible guy and i hope this sort of allegation is typical of him.............................

hear hear

two words come in mind

Steve Finnan
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:20 am

FreekShow wrote:Ah the angelic Patrice Evra. The guy who tore the French world cup squad apart last summer. The guy who offered Ireland a rematch of the infamous second leg play off on his PlayStation and now apparently the boy who cried wolf.

I wouldn't believe a word he says to be honest.

post of the day

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:28 am

If Suarez is found guilty then he should be hit with a hefty ban and even heftier fine, same goes for Evra if it turns out his claims were false.

What happened with regards the other claims made by Evra? I remember reading about the one with the Chelsea groundsman but never heard what the conclusion was. Don't remember the Finnan one at all.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:48 am

In regards to the Finnan case that was due to deaf fans lip reading Finnan, no claim was put forward by Evra at the time.

A police investigation has been launched after deaf football fans complained they had lip-read Liverpool's Steve Finnan making a racist remark towards Patrice Evra of Manchester United.

The Merseyside club immediately denounced the claim as an "outrageous slur" but Greater Manchester police confirmed last night that inquiries are ongoing into allegations that the Liverpool full-back "made an offensive comment" during last month's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.

It is understood that the alleged remark was picked up by fans watching the game on television. Two contacted the police, as well as Manchester United, and claimed they had lip-read what the Republic of Ireland international apparently said. Police are understood to have taken statements and to be reviewing footage of the game.

The revelations drew an angry response from Anfield. "The first either the club or the player knew about this matter was through the media," a spokesman said. "There has been absolutely no contact from the Greater Manchester police. We have subsequently had a video of the match analysed by a lip-reader, who has told us there is nothing to support this outrageous slur."

The incident allegedly happened after Finnan had given away the stoppage-time free-kick on Evra that led to Rio Ferdinand heading the decisive goal. Evra, however, was unaware of any racist taunts. The Senegal-born Frenchman, a £5.5m signing from Monaco in January, has not raised any complaints although he is aware of the allegations.

United will not comment because it is a possible criminal matter.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 am

Fair enough Hero, cheers for that.

Any idea what came of the allegations?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:13 pm

thanks hero
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Evra seemed really rattled by Suarez during the match it would explain it

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:02 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Fair enough Hero, cheers for that.

I believe it came to nothing.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

It fell on deaf ears Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:22 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Fair enough Hero, cheers for that.

this is what i digged up

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor has said he is ready to act as a mediator in the Luis Suarez-Patrice Evra race row. The Football Association are investigating a complaint from Manchester United defender Evra, who accused Liverpool striker Suarez of racially abusing him during Saturday's Premier League game at Anfield. Suarez has said he was "upset" by Evra's allegation, which he has categorically denied.

source www.bbc.co.uk

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:It fell on deaf ears Laugh

Post of the day thumbsup

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Thank you Hero. Also the claim at Chelsea apparently was not made directly by Evra either. It would be good for people to get facts before slating Evra.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:32 pm

dondelero wrote:Thank you Hero. Also the claim at Chelsea apparently was not made directly by Evra either. It would be good for people to get facts before slating Evra.

but evra was involved in the fracar in the chelski pitch, and this is the same evra whom walked out of his country world cup campaign, so on that note he truly deserve some slating
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:35 pm

No doubt Evra has been the transgressor in teh past, but Suarez is hardly a saint?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:36 pm

JDandfries wrote:No doubt Evra has been the transgressor in teh past, but Suarez is hardly a saint?

i know that Doh
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:40 pm

jro786 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:No doubt Evra has been the transgressor in teh past, but Suarez is hardly a saint?

i know that Doh

Excellent! Erm

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Does'nt really matter if he's a saint or not he is being accused of racism and whatever he has done in the past has nothing to do with it.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Suarez is no angel but that doesn't make him a racist . If its proved i am all for banning him no place for racism in football .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm

jro786 wrote:
dondelero wrote:Thank you Hero. Also the claim at Chelsea apparently was not made directly by Evra either. It would be good for people to get facts before slating Evra.

but evra was involved in the fracar in the chelski pitch, and this is the same evra whom walked out of his country world cup campaign, so on that note he truly deserve some slating

But there were others involved too not just Evra also he was not the only one involved in the french fiasco. Although it could be said that racism is to be expected, a player should'nt be slated for bringin attention to it.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm

It's simple really, IF there is any evidence of racism, Suarez deserves a LONG ban, if there is no evidence and with god knows how many cameras permanently fixed on the match, it shouldn't be too difficult to find proof, Evra deserves a LONG ban and by 'LONG ban', I mean something like a dozen matches, afterall, if the FA is serious about its approach to stamping out racism, then serious punishments are the only option.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:30 pm

If the camera's did pick it up the gutter tabloid's would have been all over it by now anyway. I don't think either player will be banned as it very hard to prove if Suarez did say anything and it is also very hard to prove if Evra was lying.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:34 pm

If Evra is found lying then he should be given a ban same with SUarez if he is found being racist.

To the guys saying Evra has made false claims about racism before, can you lot please show the evidence? No one was found Guilty or Not Guilty. You're just as bad making lies about someone to give them a bad name. Proof or get out.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next