The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is your favourite player to watch?

5 posters

Go down

Who is your favourite player to watch? Empty Who is your favourite player to watch?

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:28 am

Quite simply, who do you enjoy watching the most. Doesn't matter whether it's a batsman, bowler, superb fielder, lunatic wicket-keeper, anything.

With the bat I'd go for Sachin Tendulkar when in full flow, which is an obvious choice, but another is Kevin Pietersen. When he is at his arrogant, dismissive best the way in which he dominates attacks and sends the ball whistling to the boundary with a vapor trail in it's wake is so exciting to watch. Obviously the odd switch hit for six adds a bit of excitement, too!

With the ball it has been Brett Lee in recent years, alongside James Anderson, for two wholly different reasons. Lee is one of the great characters of the game, plays with fire in his belly and sends the ball down with searing pace and maximum aggression - great to watch when he is steaming in. Anderson on the other hand for the pure skill which he displays when bowling, particularly when the conditions are allowing plenty of hoop. Rarely do you see a bowler so masterful, and the way in which he sets batsmen up with a series of outswingers before bowling that booming inswinger is magic.

Behind the stumps I used to enjoy watching Paul Nixon, and Adam Gilchrist with the 'oooooh that's nice Shane', even if the batsman had just played a solid defensive block.

Over to you...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Who is your favourite player to watch? Empty Re: Who is your favourite player to watch?

Post by Stella Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:17 am

Batsmen

Mark Waugh and Brian Lara are two that stand out.

Bowlers

Waqar (the early version) and Ambrose were two not only great bowlers but exciting ones as well.

Fielders

Rhodes in the 92 world cup was great to watch.

btw
Paul Nixon is IMO an annoying keeper to watch. To mouthy.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Who is your favourite player to watch? Empty Re: Who is your favourite player to watch?

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:24 am

See I like that about Nico, provides entertainment, as wicket-keepers are essentially boring to watch unless they dish it out a bit!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:28 am

Fists

I don't watch county cricket, so my judgement is based on his tour to Aus in 06/07.

All he done was yakker to genuine great players and this was coming from a decent county player.

I do like mouthy keepers but ones that have actually done something.

I did enjoy watching Healy, who had a bit of mouth.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:49 am

past:

Brian Lara when he got going, impossible to bowl at. Mark Waugh, elegance personified.
Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram, unbelievable bowlers who could do incredible stuff with the ball. Shane Warne, the magician.

present:
KP, the strutting arrogance when he gets going, the ability to play shots no one else would contemplate. Ponting, for his ability to utterly dominate bowlers. Bell, beautifully classical batsman.
bowling wise it's a bit poor at the mo, Swann I love for his ability to think his way to a wicket.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:52 am

Past:

Warney-Spin,Bond-Pace and Gilly with the bat

Present:

Sachin and Steyn in their respective departments.
No one in the spin department today that I enjoy watching.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:14 am

Marcus Trescothick in good touch, I always loved watching. No foot movement, but the lazy flash through the off side was a joy to behold. His 90 at Edgbaston in the Ashes 05 was my favourite innings of that series.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

Sehwag in full flow and I missed Sir Viv.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:28 am

How old are you Stella?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:43 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:How old are you Stella?

Old enough.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down