The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour)

+19
ADMIN
BALTIMORA
bellchees
sweet_pea
azania
slash912
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend
superflyweight
coxy0001
Rowley
Gentleman01
samevans1
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Zeb the owl
Scottrf
Rodney
Adam D
Michaels, Sean
manos de piedra
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour) Empty Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour)

Post by manos de piedra Fri 4 Mar - 15:29

Heard that Wlads camp have cancelled the venue for the April 30th clash with Chisora depite it being sold out and it now looks like the fight will be called off.

Hopefully this means that Klitschko v Haye is now a serious possibility for July.

Just what I have heard so not 100% sure its set in stone. Will probably be more news on it later so will have to wait and see.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour) Empty Re: Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour)

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 4 Mar - 15:32

Did you hear this from 606?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 4 Mar - 15:35

Michaels, Sean wrote:Did you hear this from 606?

No I got a message off a friend. Had a look on the internet there but there isnt a great deal about it. Seems to be just a rumour at the moment with nothing substantial. Why is it confirmed on 606?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 4 Mar - 15:36

A guy called Evan Field has said the same thing

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 4 Mar - 15:39

If Haye V Wlad was coming off I would extremely surprised if Booth etc would still let Wlad have his fight with Chisora, a cut, hand injury and even the slight chance of a clip round the whiskers could jeopardise a lot of money for Haye's clan, if true this is the clearest indication the fight is happening, I hope so I've been given the nod off the other half I can go, good news for boxing.

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 4 Mar - 15:41

Had a look on 606 there and I dont think theres any confirmations. Just the same rumours Ive been hearing.

Its up on Eastside now aswell but again, nothing confirmed.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 4 Mar - 15:44

Annoyingly will be on holiday, would have gone to this.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeb the owl Fri 4 Mar - 15:49

I can only find forum rumours about it too, doing the rounds pretty quick though. Hopefully there is something behind it.

Zeb the owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 4 Mar - 15:51

Scottrf wrote:Annoyingly will be on holiday, would have gone to this.

I wouldnt worry mate because funny enough Scott, I was saying the exact same thing two years ago on the old BBC 606 when it was signed for June 20th I was in Florida & at the time was relieved it was cancelled as I couldnt even get to watch it on the box, didnt realise two years later they'd be still yet to meet.

Cheers

rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 4 Mar - 15:54

Yeah, that's the saving grace. Not having to worry about one of them pulling out (if it does get signed).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 4 Mar - 15:58

Good news if its true. Have to feel a bit bad for chisora though - to have the fight pulled once, 4 days beforehand is one thing, to have it pulled a second time is out and out low. Wlad should've just scrapped the idea totally after the first fight got cancelled.

He cited "owing" chisora the fight after pulling out as the reason he wanted to fight him 9 weeks prior to haye, so how will pulling out again for haye look for a so called 'honourable man'? If contracts have been signed between wlad and chisora and wlad pulls out with no justifiable reason other than to fight someone else, then I'm not sure he'll be able to get away with it. Certainly it will give warren a chance to get his well worn court suit dry cleaned and ready for action again.

Last edited by Sugar Boy Sweetie on Fri 4 Mar - 16:00; edited 1 time in total
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Fri 4 Mar - 16:00

Chisora might come again. I'm not too bothered about is hurt feelings if this fight is finally getting made!

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 4 Mar - 16:02

samevans1 wrote:Chisora might come again. I'm not too bothered about is hurt feelings if this fight is finally getting made!

I couldnt give a monkeys toss about chisoras feelings, he's a big boy, just saying that i'm not sure it will be as simple as saying "sod off del boy we're fighting haye instead" if contracts have been signed and there's no injury or other legit reason. I know chisoras is a voluntary defence, but a deal is a deal.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Fri 4 Mar - 16:10

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
samevans1 wrote:Chisora might come again. I'm not too bothered about is hurt feelings if this fight is finally getting made!

I couldnt give a monkeys toss about chisoras feelings, he's a big boy, just saying that i'm not sure it will be as simple as saying "sod off del boy we're fighting haye instead" if contracts have been signed and there's no injury or other legit reason. I know chisoras is a voluntary defence, but a deal is a deal.

He'll get some step-aside money, and perhaps a promise of a crack at the winner... Once any contractual re-matches are out the way

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 4 Mar - 16:10

I wouldnt worry mate because funny enough Scott, I was saying the exact same thing two years ago on the old BBC 606 when it was signed for June 20th I was in Florida & at the time was relieved it was cancelled as I couldnt even get to watch it on the box, didnt realise two years later they'd be still yet to meet.

Would happily swap you Rodders me and the missus went, hotels, flights and tickets booked by the time they cancelled. A grand to watch Wlad and Chageuv. Cheers!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 4 Mar - 16:19

Manos

This is a reference to your stance on the old 606...

If Wlad could fight both in a 9 week period then why has the Chisora fight rumoured to have been cancelled....?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 4 Mar - 16:26

Coxy could be interpreted as a reflection of Wlad's desire to do the fight, this was a stumbling block for Haye and Booth, so Wlad is removing it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 4 Mar - 16:31

A grand to watch Wlad and Chageuv.
--------------------------------
They'd have to offer me a hell of a lot more to watch it again, Jeff!

P.S. good to see Rodney posting on here.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 4 Mar - 16:38

coxy0001 wrote:Manos

This is a reference to your stance on the old 606...

If Wlad could fight both in a 9 week period then why has the Chisora fight rumoured to have been cancelled....?

Could be one of several reasons;

Maybe Haye is willing to make some further concessions of his own to make Wlad drop the fight. He is left with little options and a mandatory that cant get a UK permit to fight. So either he travels or gets a new mandatory like Povetkin which is big risk/low reward.

Maybe Wlad first time round didnt realise Haye would pull the plug on the fight and chanced his arm that Haye would just accept the interim fight given everything else was in rder. When it became clear that Haye wouldnt budge on it maybe he realised the Haye fight was more important and caved in on it.

I still think if Wlad had his way then he would prefer to have both fights. Not as close proximity of course but I still dont think that would bother him too much. But something could have happened since then. Both guys were trying to call the others bluff on the issue - Wlad by saying July was still open, Haye by saying the fight was off unless otherwise.

I would say the most likely reason is that Wlad has realised the fight may never happen at all if he goes ahead with Chisora and Haye could genuinely retire in October so he has been forced to concede the issue. He perhaps thought Haye would discuss a later date or just give in to July.

Thats assuming the rumour is true.

My main point in reference to the old 606 debate was that I didnt and still dont think Wlad ever aranged the Chisora fight in order to "duck" Haye. And on the flip side of that Haye did not have much to lose by going ahead with July 2nd.

If the Chisora fight does get cancelled then either Haye was so keen for the fight to happen in July with no warm up that he gave Wlad more concessions to entice him to drop it. Or that he issued Wlad with an ultimatum saying its July or nothing with no warm up and Wlad realised he wasnt going to budge.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 4 Mar - 16:39

Rowley

You'll remember the various heated arguements about Wlad being fine to fight twice inside 9 weeks and it was upto Haye to just sign the contract..

As per my comment the other day i may well get lubed up and go dancing round the streets naked if they do sign though... Hate to think what i'd do if you know who vs you know who gets done! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 4 Mar - 16:53

rowley wrote:I wouldnt worry mate because funny enough Scott, I was saying the exact same thing two years ago on the old BBC 606 when it was signed for June 20th I was in Florida & at the time was relieved it was cancelled as I couldnt even get to watch it on the box, didnt realise two years later they'd be still yet to meet.

Would happily swap you Rodders me and the missus went, hotels, flights and tickets booked by the time they cancelled. A grand to watch Wlad and Chageuv. Cheers!

Tough going that Jeff, like yourself I'll pretty much watch anyone but a £1000 quid lot of money mate, I surmise you wont be jumping to the front of the queue to buy tickets if this is announced, the missus might give you clip around the head if you do.

Thanks for the kind word Super, lovely to see you posting and hope you're well

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 4 Mar - 16:53

coxy0001 wrote:Rowley

You'll remember the various heated arguements about Wlad being fine to fight twice inside 9 weeks and it was upto Haye to just sign the contract..

As per my comment the other day i may well get lubed up and go dancing round the streets naked if they do sign though... Hate to think what i'd do if you know who vs you know who gets done! Wink

If you know who vs you know who gets made then you know who will have to eat a load of you know what for two years of ducking accusations about you know who, then when you know who hands you know who a boxing lesson you know who will never show his face you knwo where again, lest he admit that you know who is better than he gave him credit for and he over rated you know who. Meanwhile if it's made coxy will will have to run around you know where with his know whats swinging about. You know?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 4 Mar - 16:58

I surmise you wont be jumping to the front of the queue to buy tickets if this is announced, the missus might give you clip around the head if you do.

Unless it is Wembley or somewhere in the UK think I may well go for the once bitten twice shy approach to this one Rodders. Was a cracking weekend irrespective of the cancellation as Hatton was there so got to go on the lash with him but still a lot of money for a fight that if they held in my back garden i'd probably close the curtains rather than sit through again.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Fri 4 Mar - 16:59

Coxy you will scare the neighbours away so lets hope for their sake that Wlad and Haye don't sign the contract.

Great news for boxing fans if it does happen expect Haye to blast both the Klitschko sisters out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 4 Mar - 17:01

rowley wrote:Unless it is Wembley or somewhere in the UK think
Frankfurt Footy Stadium was the whisper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coba-arena-ffm004.jpg

Makes sense, big screen above.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Fri 4 Mar - 18:52

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

If you know who vs you know who gets made then you know who will have to eat a load of you know what for two years of ducking accusations about you know who, then when you know who hands you know who a boxing lesson you know who will never show his face you knwo where again, lest he admit that you know who is better than he gave him credit for and he over rated you know who. Meanwhile if it's made coxy will will have to run around you know where with his know whats swinging about. You know?

I wasn't expecting to have to concentrate so much on a friday evening just to follow something Sugar Boy!

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 5 Mar - 15:37

Confirmed http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9415727.stm

What a scandal. To say it is because of injury is such BS and the doctor should be struck off.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 Mar - 15:42

Scottrf wrote:Confirmed http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9415727.stm

What a scandal. To say it is because of injury is such BS and the doctor should be struck off.

I wonder how much, if anything, Delboy will get for not fighting. He should be well compensated for being messed around by the Klits.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 5 Mar - 15:46

He will get nothing because they are faking an injury.

So now he's probably bought sparring partners and wasted months for K to pull out, and Flip around with any fans who have bought tickets. It's disgraceful.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 5 Mar - 15:50

It's tough on chisora, but if it means wlad v haye gets done then that's the best outcome. Chisora will get his shot in time, this was probably too soon anyway and in the long run it may be doing him a favour. Hopefully he'll get in with Tyson Fury now instead and shut the overhyped flabby bums gob.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sat 5 Mar - 15:52

It is disgraceful; but I don't really care as long as Haye Klitschko gets made!

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 Mar - 15:54

Scottrf wrote:He will get nothing because they are faking an injury.

So now he's probably bought sparring partners and wasted months for K to pull out, and Flip around with any fans who have bought tickets. It's disgraceful.

Poor git.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 5 Mar - 15:59

Maybe I'm wrong, I wonder if they wrote anything into the contract regarding injury. I can't imagine Warren being so naive as to not consider it, but I'm not sure he would be allowed to write that in. Certainly in a standard situation he wouldn't be entitled to compensation.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 Mar - 16:08

Scottrf wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, I wonder if they wrote anything into the contract regarding injury. I can't imagine Warren being so naive as to not consider it, but I'm not sure he would be allowed to write that in. Certainly in a standard situation he wouldn't be entitled to compensation.

Dunno. Say if they did and Del got injured. Can you imagine him paying anythiing out?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sat 5 Mar - 16:13

not a rumour any longer:

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=27165&more=1

seems like we'll all get to see the HW fight we've been waiting for, for the last 2 years.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 5 Mar - 17:11

It's hard to feel sorry for Chisora. He'll probably get paid a fair bit, gets saved the trouble of having a systematic beat down from Klitschko and just his name being thrown around over the last few months will have done his PR a world of good.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 5 Mar - 17:20

It'll be interesting to see how Warren reacts to this. Hopefully he'll kick up a stink and be an awkward Kumquat. Boxing seems to be out-performing itself with maddening regularity when it come to hitting new lows lately.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar - 17:30

BALTIMORA

Would you dance the streets naked if haye and wlad gets made? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 5 Mar - 18:50

First of all, what's in it for me? Secondly, I'm a little perturbed that you'd take such a keen interest, Shantel.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 5 Mar - 18:51

But in seriousness, I WOULD be quite pleased after all the faffing.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar - 19:32

As per my comment the other day i may well get lubed up and go dancing round the streets naked if they do sign though

You said it not me

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 5 Mar - 19:40

What the frig are you on about?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar - 19:52

What you wrote on your coxy account

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 Mar - 19:57

Thats all good guys, but can we keep it to boxing please. I'm sure there are boards somewhere which will cater for allsorts.

Cheers

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar - 19:59

Derek Chisora getting messed about by Klitsckho and Wlad has the nerve to criticise Haye for it

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 Mar - 20:01

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend wrote:Derek Chisora getting messed about by Klitsckho and Wlad has the nerve to criticise Haye for it

Boxers only see one perspective; theirs. Of course Wlad will claim the injury to be genuine so no blame on him. Rolling Eyes

I wonder whop here will accuse Wlad of ducking Delboy? Erm

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 5 Mar - 20:04

I just wanted to pop on here and say please refrain from accusing members of having multiple accounts.

Coxy & Baltimora are as far I am concerned separate users.
The matter is not to be discussed again unless someone actually has something called evidence to point to the contary.
If anyone wishes to discuss this further with me then please feel free to drop me a pm.

Thank you

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 5 Mar - 20:33

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend wrote:What you wrote on your coxy account

For gods sake. Can someone get this clown off of here? This boards been going 5 minutes and he's starting his old "youve got this alias and that alias bs". This new forum is excellent, we don't need all this cack all over again.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar - 20:43

Sugar Boy Sweetie

Coming from someone who can just through pathetic insults. The only clown here is you and if you don't like me well you can get lost because you don't own this forum you pathetic moron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Mar - 20:45

SJB,

Less of the insults please, that's a mod and 2 admins that have stepped in now back on topic please.

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next