The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury or Chisora who would fare better against Wlad

+6
licence_007
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Boy Sweetie
BALTIMORA
Fernando
10 posters

Go down

Who would fare better against Wlad

Fury or Chisora  who would fare better against Wlad  Vote_lcap19%Fury or Chisora  who would fare better against Wlad  Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
Fury or Chisora  who would fare better against Wlad  Vote_lcap81%Fury or Chisora  who would fare better against Wlad  Vote_rcap 81% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 21

Fury or Chisora  who would fare better against Wlad  Empty Fury or Chisora who would fare better against Wlad

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

With both men being linked with a fight against Wlad after their fight tomorrow night. my question is who would fare better against Wlad?

Both fighters have many different qualities about them which has lead them to undefeated records and a possible fight with the champion.

Personally i believe Fury would cause Wlad more problems due being tall enough to keep behind the jab and has a very good jab himself.

Chisora has the power but the lack of effort in training leading up to fights has caused him issues in the past and present as seen earlier today.

although they both have different strengths i believe Wlad would dominate them both leading to a early k.o

so who would you tip to do better against Wlad ?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Fury or Chisora  who would fare better against Wlad  Empty Re: Fury or Chisora who would fare better against Wlad

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:17 pm

Fury

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Fury or Chisora  who would fare better against Wlad  Empty Re: Fury or Chisora who would fare better against Wlad

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:24 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Fury

any particular reason why you think this?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

Fury. Chisora would go the same way as Peter et al - he's too small and not a big enough puncher, wlad would tenderise him like a steak with that jab then bury him by the 10th.

Fury would be trickier - I don't recall seeing wlad against an opponent bigger than himself. That alone would make it a task out of the ordinary for wlad. Fury also has a reach advantage but his jab is sub mediocre. Once wlad had adapted to the dimensions of it he'd outclass fury - skills pay the bills and wlad has the fundamentals in abundance whilst fury is an average domestic level heavy with a flashy name and a big mouth.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

Fury sadly, boxing is about styles and seeing as Chisora doesn't have the skills that HAye had and any of the skills or any of the speed and movement reflexes and power... I'd prefer to see him in there with a guy thats physically taller than him and longer reach, however I don't give them either a chance in hell...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:41 pm

I would say Fury but don't think he has the same heart as Chisora, Chisora is too small to mix it with Vladimir.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:56 pm

Fury, largely for the same reasons as mentioned already. Chisora is too small and nowhere near as good as even Haye was.

Don't see either winning against him though!

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:59 pm

fernando wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Fury

any particular reason why you think this?

It came up heads.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:05 am

Fury, for his size predominantly. However, I don't think his skills are as terrible as some on here would make out. David Price probably stands a better chance than either. Neither Price, Chisora or Fury stand a chance against either Klitschko without some serious imporvement.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:12 am

Most certainly but I don't want Price to just be thumbed right in there I owuld like him to fight over in America and take on Arreola and fighrers like that before hitting a Klit, he is not quite ready just yet. But maybe when he is ready the Klits may have just left... Vit can't keep going on too much longer and Wlad isn't YOUNG but is in his prime at the moment.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:35 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Most certainly but I don't want Price to just be thumbed right in there I owuld like him to fight over in America and take on Arreola and fighrers like that before hitting a Klit, he is not quite ready just yet. But maybe when he is ready the Klits may have just left... Vit can't keep going on too much longer and Wlad isn't YOUNG but is in his prime at the moment.

Absolutely, none of our boys have had more than 14 pro fights yet, there's absolutely no rush to throw them in with the best heavyweight in the world. Arreola would be a good test, as would old 'fast' Eddie or any of the Kiltschko's discarded opponents. Even the mammoth mediocrity that is Michael Grant could probably teach this callow trio something at this point. I would advise all of them to take 2 or maybe even 3 fights before challenging Wladimir or Vitali, who are having a laugh by mentioning Chisora or fury really. just to put things in perspective, in his 15th pro fight Wladimir was fighting one 'ladislav Husarik', whilst Vitali was dealing with the formidable 'Alben Belinski'.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:02 am

The fact that the winner of this is being talked about challenging Wlad seriously, proves how far the Heavyweght division has declined.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:44 am

sittingringside wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Most certainly but I don't want Price to just be thumbed right in there I owuld like him to fight over in America and take on Arreola and fighrers like that before hitting a Klit, he is not quite ready just yet. But maybe when he is ready the Klits may have just left... Vit can't keep going on too much longer and Wlad isn't YOUNG but is in his prime at the moment.

Absolutely, none of our boys have had more than 14 pro fights yet, there's absolutely no rush to throw them in with the best heavyweight in the world. Arreola would be a good test, as would old 'fast' Eddie or any of the Kiltschko's discarded opponents. Even the mammoth mediocrity that is Michael Grant could probably teach this callow trio something at this point. I would advise all of them to take 2 or maybe even 3 fights before challenging Wladimir or Vitali, who are having a laugh by mentioning Chisora or fury really. just to put things in perspective, in his 15th pro fight Wladimir was fighting one 'ladislav Husarik', whilst Vitali was dealing with the formidable 'Alben Belinski'.

Yeah some of the fatty bum bum Americans seem to be the route to go down get some experience fighting away from home and encountering different styles and grow into professional boxing more or you'll just easily get taken ou by the K's, I can't believe that either of them would really believe they had more than a punchers chance with them at this point! Also perhaps you could end up steering clear gaining all of the experience in getting to world level and the K's may have packed it in and the field would be left wide open for our lads! Also I think Eddie Chambers may want to drop the S in his nickname 🤦

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 23 Jul 2011, 5:56 am

Fury's definitely not ready for a fight with Wladimir, Chisora's style is better suited imo, he has a much better work rate than Haye who was smaller but quick also and doesn't give opponents a second, but that would be fatal against Wlad who would just ping him coming in, don't see Fury causing him problems either.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:50 am

Can't see it YT, obviously neither of them comes close but surely you can't think Chisora who is smaller in terms of height than Haye and isn't as quick of are skillful so won't be able to get around the jab and doesn't have Haye's type of power he wouldn't be able to doing anything it'll be Chagaev all over again. Fury actually has a reach advantage something Wlad hasn't encountered and could give him a couple more problems if he uses it correctly. Still he would be found on the canvas.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

14 fights is nowhere near enough to go in against the most dominance force in the division. some may accuse the klitchs of trying to entice the young prospects into the ring whilst there still green. although in all honest i think they just want a new challenge.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:37 am

Neither at the moment. But for my 2p worth. IF and it is a big IF Fury can knuckle down he could do it cos of all the reasons mentioned above. However, my money tonight would be on Chisora. Yes he's small. Yes, he isn't so heavy handed. Yes he doesn't seem the most talented (although my view is changing every fight as he improves). BUT he has desire, no fear and not a bad chin. Wlad hasn't liked hungry, agressive fighters in the past. If Del boy can get to Wlad before Wlad gets to him he's a chance. This Fury would stand off and play Wlads game. He hasn't the skills or confidence yet to get inside Wlad's jab.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

Happytravelling wrote:Neither at the moment. But for my 2p worth. IF and it is a big IF Fury can knuckle down he could do it cos of all the reasons mentioned above. However, my money tonight would be on Chisora. Yes he's small. Yes, he isn't so heavy handed. Yes he doesn't seem the most talented (although my view is changing every fight as he improves). BUT he has desire, no fear and not a bad chin. Wlad hasn't liked hungry, agressive fighters in the past. If Del boy can get to Wlad before Wlad gets to him he's a chance. This Fury would stand off and play Wlads game. He hasn't the skills or confidence yet to get inside Wlad's jab.

With a reach advantage he shouldn't need to.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

Balti, I get what you say but do you think Fury can use his reach advantage? Do you think he has the talent to against Wlad?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

if haye cannot get inside the jab, then a little heavyweight isnt going to get to wlad. as much as he's been rubbished after the performance haye is one of the quickest heavys for quite a while, packs good power and still could do nothing to nulify wlad. you need a big physical presences with wlad just to get on a level playing field. even then its still no mean feat, it just means your not AS likely to eat his jab all night and wlad would have to step out of his comfort zone.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:13 pm

Happytravelling wrote:Balti, I get what you say but do you think Fury can use his reach advantage? Do you think he has the talent to against Wlad?

I didn't say he does, but with a reach advantage he SHOULD look to take full advantage of it. Certainly it's more of a definite than anything Chisora has to offer.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down